Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Resource Control Splits Senators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resource Control Splits Senators (24576 Views)

Resource Control: Edwin Clark Tackles Obasanjo, Recalls Ugly Past / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Edu3Again: 3:16pm On May 25, 2018
truefact:
Hausa Fulani truly want to dip the Koran in the sea... And take over southern nigeria.

First, they wanted lands through cow colony...now they want the Sea for cow water
True talk

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Follygunners: 3:16pm On May 25, 2018
Obijulius:
Without the SS and SE, Nigeria is finished.

Little wonder they will never allow those guys go!

Of course, only zombies will disagree.

Remember, I don’t respond to zombie mentions...feel free to quote me though.

SS NOT SE...

SS never said they wanna leave... it's ONLY SE, abeg. Stop including SS into ur dumb movement.

8 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by phreakabit(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2018
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Akpan107(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2018
The South should understand that, they can't get the country's resources controlled by mere talking or through the National Assembly.

Only through economy restrictions and technical sabotage of the oil sector will give them what they want.

Stop the flow of crude oil for five years and watch Nigeria separate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by PointZerom: 3:19pm On May 25, 2018
midolian:

Many of these boys on nairaland wont make a comment without regional undertone..(like the mention of South East West or North.. especially East. This is probably because of the likes they get from their fellow tribal warriors.

Right now, I don't think Nigeria has a bigger problem than these set of people.

This everlasting regional divide is one thing Jonathan & Patience did successfully during their reign asides looting of our common wealth
Shut up, Listen to Alaafin of Oyo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 3:20pm On May 25, 2018
Follygunners:

SS NOT SE...

SS never said they wanna leave... it's ONLY SE, abeg. Stop including SS into ur dumb movement.

Nigeria created south south

what we have is EASTERN NIGERIA

not like se, ss or any other rubbish....

is divide and rule tactics that is failing them now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Positivepoint(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

This my Yoruba Muslim friend Just read the thread and this is the only thing he could muster ...

He will do anything to defend the tribalistic policies of this administration.... At a time we should be talking about reducing the power at the center... Abokkis are planning on giving more powers to the jihadist in aso rock... God forbid...

Like the Yoruba Elders pointed out yesterday
It's a travesty of justice for a southerner to score 240 in jamb and an Hausa man to score 120 and they end up in the same class ....

There should be an awakening in the land by land
Religious sentiments should be eschewed

what do you expect from an igbo Christian or jew. already having a confusing identity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Kingstanding: 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
Obijulius:

Remember, I don’t respond to zombie mentions...feel free to quote me though.
. You are very funny. It is oyel money that Pa Awolowo used to bring first television station in Africa to Ibadan south wes?, it is our oyel money PA Awolowo used to built first stadium in Africa to Ibadan south west?It is oyel money Pa Awolowo used to built first sky scrapper? It is oyel money Pa Awolowo used to do Free education and free health care which happened in only south west?And many moreeee.You better change your mentality with oyel money.Without oil Nigeria will survive if we have leader like Pa Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo.

7 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by stonemasonn: 3:23pm On May 25, 2018
Obijulius:

Remember, I don’t respond to zombie/unity beggar/head slammer mentions...feel free to quote me though.
Taahhh! Apart from Godswill Akpabio, the remaining SE and SS senators will be watching cluelessly while a senator from a riverless desert community is pushing for a law that does not concern him.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by kpaofame: 3:24pm On May 25, 2018
midolian:

Many of these boys on nairaland wont make a comment without regional undertone..(like the mention of South East West or North.. especially East. This is probably because of the likes they get from their fellow tribal warriors.

Right now, I don't think Nigeria has a bigger problem than these set of people.

This everlasting regional divide is one thing Jonathan & Patience did successfully during their reign asides looting of our common wealth

Unity indeed...with this nepotistic regime....Resource control is the way forward, Things were better handled when we had regional leaders...
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Wiizzyy: 3:27pm On May 25, 2018
johnmartus:
The same waters have been there for time immemorial and controlling by governors but they didn't utilized the use .now that federal Government want to make use of it opposition arise.
if u dnt knw wat to say jst shut up.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by saneasses(f): 3:30pm On May 25, 2018
we will be alright
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by DabuIIIT: 3:33pm On May 25, 2018
Another pro north bill that must be resisted by the south.

TIME FOR SOUTHERN UNITY AND COMMON STAND. IF THE SOUTH DO NOT COME TOGETHER NOW,THEY ARE DOOMED.
ALMOST ALL LOCAL VESSELS IN THE SOUTH HAVE 95% HAUSA CREWS AND OFFICERS.
ALMOST 100% CADETS ONBOARD LOCAL VESSELS ARE NORTHERNERS.
ALMOST ALL NIMASA FOREIGN TRAINED CADETS ARE ONBOARD LOCAL AND FOREIGN GOING VESSELS AND THEY ARE ALL NORTHERNERS.
THERE ARE HARDLY BLACK CREWS ONBOARD FOREIGN VESSELS LIKE GRIMALDI,MAERSK LINE,MSC,ETC,BUT YOU WILL BE SHOCKED TO FIND HAUSA ENGINE ROOM AND DECK CADETS THERE,CORTESY OF NIMASA.

IF WE SOUTHERNERS KEEP FIGHTING EACHOTHER,I AM AFRAID,WE ARE DOOMED TO BE SLAVES TO THE INTERNAL COLONIALIST NORTH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by chinedu234(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2018
Welcome to the fraud called Nigeria
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by DabuIIIT: 3:40pm On May 25, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu said it. They didnt listen.

The Alafin of Oyo said it again yesterday,they still aint listening. They choose to rather listen to the one that have sold them away to the north for peanuts.

I will so burn and youTube my passport when the time comes.

God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
It is sad that important topics like this do not "naturally" make it to the front page and our young people are not awake to the implications of the proposal.

There are so many implications but an obvious one is the diversion of the River Niger and River Benue or indeed many others rivers without the approval ofany affected state or states.

So rivers may be diverted temporarily or permanently e.g the Niger diverted to Lake Chad or to create and entirely new lake

Imagine what a permanent diversion of the Niger could mean

Wellthere may no longer be a need for the 2nd Niger bridge. The Jews woould be able to crosson dry land just like their ancestors did the Red Sea.

It takes 5minutes to sign a bill andthen in 30 yyears time when your kids ask when did this happen and how? Where were you daddy?

Knowing Nigeria as we know it do we want to givesuch power to the FG the President?

The other implcation is that the FG would control the land on the edge of these rivers. Imagine that along the entire length of the Niger and Benue Rivers if the FG decided to create Cattle colonies along the river route. The implication is state governments would have no say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Ukododondon: 3:48pm On May 25, 2018
Well said..To add little to your points.
The entire south ,west and east should see the Fulani Unity at play here..The adhoc committee chair person as well as those in support of the bill are from states with few drums of water...they are all thinking on a long run..planning ahead for their unborn generation ( which isnt bad in itself). But having to step on others intelligence to achieve their aim is babaric and insulting.
In unity does the broom sweep clean, and until that unity is attained by the others as listed above, we should not expect any change . They also have to think long term to stop this sort of nonsense from repeating itself. Akpabio did a good job..

namet:
Akpabio did a fantastic job by opposing this demonic Bill. While it would seem that only the littoral/riverine states would have issues with these, it is indeed counter intuitive when the Nigerian population is clamoring for and shouting that they want more powers devolved to states, where development of the different parts of the country actually take place.

One wonders why the North is always bent on controlling water resources in this country. Could it be because the riverine states have the crude oil? First, they wanted the south to give free lands to fulanis and northerners for cattle ranches. That was rejected. This is another ploy to take ownership of southern Nigeria, by saying they own the waters which essentially boxes the entire south in.

Indeed, Buhari and the north has very bad intentions for the southern part of this country. The entire southern Nigeria should wake up immediately and reject this proposed law. Again, Akpabio has done very well by rejecting this law that will officially render southern Nigeria as slaves.

No sane southerner should support this law. At a time when the federal government should be handing-off many sectors and allowing the states to breath, the northern fulanis are fixated at annexing as much powers to the federal government because they control it?

If Jonathan or Obasanjo had proposed taking over ownership of "land resource and related matters," essentially seizing who controls the big land in northern Nigeria, would the sultans or sanusis or even this Buhari not have gone to war to stop it? ALL SENATORS FROM SOUTHERN NIGERIA MUST OPPOSE THIS PROPOSED LAW. The governors from southern states should also speak against this law as a matter of urgency.

WE NEED THE INCOMPETENT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO HANDS OFF THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY SO THAT EACH STATE CAN DEVELOP THE WAY IT SEES FIT, AND NOT BE CONTROLLED BY SOME DUMB PRESIDENT FROM THE BACKWARD-MOST PART OF THE COUNTRY - THE NORTH.

AGAIN, I THANK SENATOR GODSWILL AKPABIO OF AKWA IBOM STATE FOR DEFENDING SOUTHERN NIGERIA AGAINST ITS TAKEOVER BY THE FULANIS AND THE NORTH

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 25, 2018
Seriously, this govt has evil intent for this country and they are not hiding it

Of all the things the fg controls which one is well managed? Now they want to add more.

What next? Air resources control? I give up on this country.

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by ZombiePUNISHER: 3:51pm On May 25, 2018
Positivepoint:

what do you expect from an igbo Christian or jew. already having a confusing identity

Ogbeni park well now before I get your time

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 3:51pm On May 25, 2018
aribisala0:
It is sad that important topics like this do not "naturally" make it to the front page and our young people are not awake to the implications of the proposal.

There are so many implications but an obvious one is the diversion of the River Niger and River Benue or indeed many others rivers without the approval ofany affected state or states.

So rivers may be diverted temporarily or permanently e.g the Niger diverted to Lake Chad or to create and entirely new lake

Imagine what a permanent diversion of the Niger could mean

Wellthere may no longer be a need for the 2nd Niger bridge. The Jews woould be able to crosson dry land just like their ancestors did the Red Sea.

It takes 5minutes to sign a bill andthen in 30 yyears time when your kids ask when did this happen and how? Where were you daddy?

Knowing Nigeria as we know it do we want to givesuch power to the FG the President?

The other implcation is that the FG would control the land on the edge of these rivers. Imagine that along the entire length of the Niger and Benue Rivers if the FG decided to create Cattle colonies along the river route. The implication is state governments would have no say

u are an enemy.

no need saying these coz u part of what brought this disaster called buhari to nigeria
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Westbestside: 3:53pm On May 25, 2018
Obijulius:

Remember, I don’t respond to zombie/unity beggar/head slammer mentions...feel free to quote me though.
SE my foot.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 3:55pm On May 25, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

u are an enemy.

no need saying these coz u part of what brought this disaster called buhari to nigeria
Enemy of whom?

Part of what?

I am sorry but your trasmitter is mistransmitting
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

u are an enemy.

Enemy of whom?

Part of what?

I am sorry but your trasmitter is mistransmitting a mistransmission
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Westbestside: 3:57pm On May 25, 2018
Aquariann:

I wonder where your SE senators were when the two senators from Lagos State, Gbenga Ashafa and Solomon Adeola Olamilekan rose in support of Akpabio’s position
SE is the most useless region in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 3:58pm On May 25, 2018
aribisala0:

Enemy of whom?

Part of what?

I am sorry but your trasmitter is mistransmitting a mistransmission

as far as u got my message am satisfied....

anybody that takes yoruba serious is at his own peril
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

as far as u got my message am satisfied....

anybody that takes yoruba serious is at his own peril
It is dangerous to suddenly stop neuroleptics
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 4:00pm On May 25, 2018
Westbestside:
SE is the most useless region in Nigeria.

pot calling kettle black....

then allow igbos to go....u no want....

just hit like for SE
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 4:01pm On May 25, 2018
aribisala0:
It is dangerous to suddenly stop neuroleptics

anybody taking yoruba serious is at his own peril
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by abokikhalifa: 4:08pm On May 25, 2018
How will this improve the life of citizens? Nonsense country with stupid leaders and citizens

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

anybody taking yoruba serious is at his own peril

Remember

It is dangerous for you to suddenly stop neuroleptics

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Reelectbuhari: 4:11pm On May 25, 2018
aribisala0:

Remember
It is dangerous for you to suddenly stop neuroleptics
anybody taking yoruba serious is at his own peril....

my reservation for femi aribisala whose name u bear as moniker....
if not I would have ordered thunder from Somalia to meet u.
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by saneasses(f): 4:12pm On May 25, 2018
lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Nuhu Ribadu At The State House, Abuja / Benin Court Sends Igboho To Prison Pending Investigation / Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.