Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Resource Control Splits Senators - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resource Control Splits Senators (24578 Views)

Resource Control: Edwin Clark Tackles Obasanjo, Recalls Ugly Past / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by AdamuAudu: 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
midolian:

Many of these boys on nairaland wont make a comment without regional undertone..(like the mention of South East West or North.. especially East. This is probably because of the likes they get from their fellow tribal warriors.

Right now, I don't think Nigeria has a bigger problem than these set of people.

This everlasting regional divide is one thing Jonathan & Patience did successfully during their reign asides looting of our common wealth
It will never be well for you and Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
What Buhari has done isto dress up a "constitutional" matter as a "bill"

Just Imagine for one second Lagos State wants to Develop water transport. It would neeed the FG's "consent". For that consent without putting a penny down the FG gets 15% most of which would be shared to the FG and Northern states and LGAs. Do you doubt it? That is what is happening with the Lekki Port deal.Hell the NPA cchairman is a 40 year old Aboooki woman of obscure origins That couldand shall happen with any future Water resources board.
Lagos state does not get any derivation from the ports at Apapa/Tin Can. zilch as in nothing. Everything is taken to Abuja and shared.

That is an oppressive idea. Even scarier is the idea that it could serve as spaces for cattle colonies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by saccie1162: 6:45pm On May 25, 2018
https:///8wZCppCjiuDDnaLzs2Refg Click to join my bet9ja group and lets make money
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2018
saccie1162:
https:///8wZCppCjiuDDnaLzs2Refg
Click to join my bet9ja group and lets make money
Go and make the money then come and share it
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Ovamboland(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2018
gamaliel9:
Water War has started...part of the war between Isreal and Palestine... The only Executive Bill from Buhari,and this is what he has to present..we are saying that there are too much powers in the centre..he is bringing in more power to the centres....this bill has clandestine intentions...

Get knowledge before passing comments, have you read contents of the proposed bill?
Is it giving more powers to the states or adding more powers for the FG?
I know you don't know but you must comment because you don't like the president
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
Ovamboland:

Get knowledge before passing comments, have you read contents of the proposed bill?
Is it giving more powers to the states or adding more powers for the FG?
I know you don't know but you must comment because you don't like the president
Therein lies the problem.

It is not for the FG to legislate on gving powers (or taking from) to states. That is constitutional territory. A federal legislation no matter how well meaning cannot change the constitution. The constitution cannot be changed by federal laws. This is a matter on which at least once the FG and Lagos had to seek constitutional interpretation at the Supreme Court. A case which Lagos state won at length,
If as things are there are constitutional arguments, the FG (and all its arms including the National Assembly) should not then be seeeking to achieve a constitution change through the back door creating even more tension.
This is no different from the National Assembly creating another state. It does not have the power to use "water resources" as a platform to circumvent the Land Use Act

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aminupeople: 8:20pm On May 25, 2018
kelib:
Thank God for d minority leader. From observation it was only d senators form d western part dat supported akpabio others kepk quiet n some will end up running to twitter. Check out d northern senators, poor grammar but they try to speak with one voice esp on issues dat will bring dwn d southern region.

Mr grammar
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by fuckpro: 8:39pm On May 25, 2018
Ttipsy:
even water FG want to control??
Oya o there's one in my village o
...because oil is found offshore
Control the water you own the resources therein
...thats why the northern senators are in support and south are oppose

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by fuckpro: 8:46pm On May 25, 2018
namet:
This Bill is a ploy by fulanis to take ownership of all parts of southern Nigeria where there is water. The cattle Breeders terrorists - Miyetti Alah told Buhari to do this, since the land grabing for ranches was rejected.

The rationale for proposing this law is that if the federal government, which is the fulani in disguise, controls every place in southern Nigerian that has water, they would set up cattle ranches and fulani settlements in those communities since the federal government will then say they own and control the waters.

If this Bill is passed into law, the stream in your village, the rivers and seas in your state, and the ocean which is the entire southern boundary of Nigeria would automatically belong to the fulanis - through Buharis federal government, where they'll establish fulani settlements, install emirs and build unwanted mosques in all communities with any water and then kill you if you complain.

The fulanis will also determine who can fish in those rivers, who can use the water, and just as they've given oil wells to themselves, they will give exclusive licences to themselves for any business that involves water.

With the passage of this Bill into law, if you are Lagos State, Ondo state, Bayelsa state or Cross River state for example, it is possible that nobody from your state can fish in any waters in the state. The license to engage in commercial fishing with large ships and trawlers will been given exclusively to fulanis and other northerners, just as they've done to crude oil wells.

THIS BILL MUST BE VEHEMENTLY REJECTED BY ALL RIGHT-THINKING PERSONS FROM SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
Buhari should go home his government stinks
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by sweetgala(m): 11:36pm On May 25, 2018
Obijulius:
Without the SS and SE, Nigeria is finished.

Little wonder they will never allow those guys go!

Of course, only zombies will disagree.

Remember, I don’t respond to zombie/unity beggar/head slammer mentions...feel free to quote me though.

Except the part where there is more water in many northern states than you'll find in the south. There is a good reason from Borno to Kebbi agriculture thrives which is because these areas are rich with nutrients brought down from the Nile, the southwest has healthy springs while the SS has tributaries that empty into the ocean

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2018
sweetgala:

Except the part where there is more water in many northern states than you'll find in the south. There is a good reason from Borno to Kebbi agriculture thrives which is because these areas are rich with nutrients brought down from the Nile, the southwest has healthy springs while the SS has tributaries that empty into the ocean
Nutrients brought down by the Nile?

The Nile is in Nigeria?

FYI the Nile flows from south to north and not the other way round anyway

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by sweetgala(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2018
aribisala0:
Nutrients brought down by the Nile?

The Nile is in Nigeria?

FYI the Nile flows from south to north and not the other way round anyway

Haaaa... The Nile flows from south to north yet it empties into the Victoria falls ! Jeez
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2018
sweetgala:

Haaaa... The Nile flows from south to north yet it empties into the Niagara falls ! Jeez
What is the purpose of this ejaculation?

In what direction does it flow?
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Oxalic(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2018
aribisala0:

It is not for the FG to legislate on gving powers (or taking from) to states. That is constitutional territory. A federal legislation no matter how well meaning cannot change the constitution. The constitution cannot be changed by federal laws. This is a matter on which at least once the FG and Lagos had to seek constitutional interpretation at the Supreme Court. A case which Lagos state won at length,
If as things are there are constitutional arguments, the FG (and all its arms including the National Assembly) should not then be seeeking to achieve a constitution change through the back door creating even more tension.
This is no different from the National Assembly creating another state. It does not have the power to use "water resources" as a platform to circumvent the Land Use Act

Great point!
Sir, you have nailed it!

The Constitution is very clear on this. A Bill can not be greater than the Constitution.

Senators should take note of this. They should send that Bill to the trash can. No need wasting time. This is just like the issue of reordering election sequence by the Senate. Thankfully, Buhari quoted the Constitution in rejecting the reordering of elections.

But he is now trying to do the exact thing in a crafty manner.

I think we need to contact our Senators. They can't mess up on this.
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

see yoruba man calling Nigeria zoo....

I just like u for this....
no wahala......igbo amaka

quarrel Don end....

at least am happy u understand what Nigeria is.....
You are illiterate otherwise you would know the function of parentheses in punctuation and grammar.
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by sweetgala(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2018
aribisala0:
What is the purpose of this ejaculation?

In what direction does it flow?

Find out where the Victoria falls is and then use your brain
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2018
sweetgala:

Find out where the Niagara is and then use your brain
What has Niagara Falls got to do with anything here?
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
johnmartus:
The same waters have been there for time immemorial and controlling by governors but they didn't utilized the use .now that federal Government want to make use of it opposition arise.

Better keep quiet if you don't know how to use your brain. You will allow a semiliterate Aboki president without wasce qualification barb your head with local razor.

namet:
This Bill is a ploy by fulanis to take ownership of all parts of southern Nigeria where there is water. The cattle Breeders terrorists - Miyetti Alah told Buhari to do this, since the land grabing for ranches was rejected.

The rationale for proposing this law is that if the federal government, which is the fulani in disguise, controls every place in southern Nigerian that has water, they would set up cattle ranches and fulani settlements in those communities since the federal government will then say they own and control the waters.

If this Bill is passed into law, the stream in your village, the rivers and seas in your state, and the ocean which is the entire southern boundary of Nigeria would automatically belong to the fulanis - through Buharis federal government, where they'll establish fulani settlements, install emirs and build unwanted mosques in all communities with any water and then kill you if you complain.

The fulanis will also determine who can fish in those rivers, who can use the water, and just as they've given oil wells to themselves, they will give exclusive licences to themselves for any business that involves water.

With the passage of this Bill into law, if you are Lagos State, Ondo state, Bayelsa state or Cross River state for example, it is possible that nobody from your state can fish in any waters in the state. The license to engage in commercial fishing with large ships and trawlers will been given exclusively to fulanis and other northerners, just as they've done to crude oil wells.

THIS BILL MUST BE VEHEMENTLY REJECTED BY ALL RIGHT-THINKING PERSONS FROM SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

This is just cattle-colony creation (via the backdoor). In addition to all the above, they will staff all those federal regulatory agencies so created with a cult-like, overwhelming majority of hausa/fulani the same way they took over all the ports in the southern part of ths country and every policy decision or operation will be in their favour.
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
sweetgala:

Haaaa... The Nile flows from south to north yet it empties into the Niagara falls ! Jeez

Niagara falls is in America, dumbo!
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Goke7: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
This is a serious environmental issue which is the root cause of the Fulani herdsmen crisis i.e the desertification going on in the northern part of the country. These northern folks are thinking long term and are so smart. It's high time our southern lawmakers begin to study more about the aquatic environment in order to understand eco system conservation and management. Akpabio clearly spoke from that level of understanding of the environment especially as a former governor of a littoral state. This is why dummies should not be voted into the legislature. I have seen senator olamilekan too in an environmental conservation program before so no wonder he supported akpabio position.

Too many dummies in the legislature. How can FG decide to divert a river in a particular state elsewhere? There is an issue of I know of few years back in a north Eastern state, can't remember which state exactly where because dangote want to have a sugar factory there, an irrigation dam is proposed to be constructed that will divert the course of the hadeija river. I know the states around there have been fighting against the dam construction because of the serious environmental impact. Don't know how far that issue now but the fact is we can no longer afford dummies in the govt who have no scientific or technical knowledge that will bring sustainable development. Very costly I tell you e.g. buhari and the former environment minister had no good scientific knowledge of the Paris agreement for climate change and they went ahead to sign the damn thing and today we can't have coal powered plants to boost power supply because of that silly decision. Nonsense
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by Ovamboland(m): 7:35am On Jun 03, 2018
aribisala0:

But the truth is presently, the Constitution gives FG control of water resources. I need to confirm if it's on the exclusive list or concurrent list.
I see many people here making comments as if the states today have absolute control of water resources, they don't.
However any bill, whether amendment or act must originate from the Federal level via the legislature. The involvement of the states is via their Assemblies. There's ongoing debate if presidential assent is required before an amendment becomes law, I think it should not.
The dispute with Lagos and Fg has to do with correct interpretation of provisions of the Constitution which I think goes to the constitutional court.
Any act that is not consistent with the Constitution or seeks to amend the with passing through the state's Assemblies can be quashed with a simple court case by any citizen.
Re: Resource Control Splits Senators by aribisala0(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

But the truth is presently, the Constitution gives FG control of water resources. I need to confirm if it's on the exclusive list or concurrent list.
I see many people here making comments as if the states today have absolute control of water resources, they don't.
However any bill, whether amendment or act must originate from the Federal level via the legislature. The involvement of the states is via their Assemblies. There's ongoing debate if presidential assent is required before an amendment becomes law, I think it should not.
The dispute with Lagos and Fg has to do with correct interpretation of provisions of the Constitution which I think goes to the constitutional court.
Any act that is not consistent with the Constitution or seeks to amend the with passing through the state's Assemblies can be quashed with a simple court case by any citizen.

You have made an assertion of fact . Perhaps you need to define what YOU mean by "control"

Can you substantiate your claim that the Constitutiion gives the FG controlof water resources.

You need to communicate clearly because your readers are not mind readers. It is a mystery what you mean by amendment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Supporters In Ebonyi Declare Support For Tinubu (Pictures) / Obaseki Names Labour House After Oshiomhole / Governor Fayose Gives Children Christmas Gifts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.