Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? (728 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? / What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2018
This question is born out of pure inquisitiveness and not the need to slander any religious group.

1) If we didn't have the option of being born or existing. What then is the new definition of freewill?.

2) if we had the option and chose to be born but no longer have any knowledge of it after we transitioned into this current world. Did we also have the option to be created in the former world? If it goes back enough the first instance we were created would remove the idea of being created out of our own freewill.

3) If we were created by a God. And we have our desires, needs, intellect and reasoning at different degrees which is innate to our individual nature. Should we be responsible for our sins? Since by making one person more likely to sin you have biased the freewill of that person.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by chiommy123(f): 9:19am On May 25, 2018
I did not understand your last sentence please make it more clearer
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by MightySparrow: 10:40am On May 25, 2018
?!
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2018
chiommy123:
I did not understand your last sentence please make it more clearer
Example some people have more urge to have sex and this is entirely natural. This makes it less their freewill to commit fornication.

Also some people have less urge to become contented with what they have, and this is natural too. This makes it less their freewill to want to commit crimes like fraud and stealing.

My question is why didn't God make these sinful urges less in everyone since he is the creator.
From an evolutionary perspective these things make sense because we can understand that survival thrives with variety but from a creation POV it doesn't make sense. So I need explanations.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by chiommy123(f): 11:36am On May 25, 2018
themonk:

Example some people have more urge to have sex and this is entirely natural. This makes it less their freewill to commit fornication.

Also some people have less urge to become contented with what they have, and this is natural too. This makes it less their freewill to want to commit crimes like fraud and stealing.

My question is why didn't God make these sinful urges less in everyone since he is the creator.
From an evolutionary perspective these things make sense because we can understand that survival thrives with variety but from a creation POV it doesn't make sense. So I need explanations.
I think self control is in everyone and we build it to the level we want as human beings. those with high sex urge why don't they do it everywhere and i won't fail to mention that we need the holy spirit to help us
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by Mikechinos(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2018
We didn't pre-existed so the idea of choice is not valid. We were created and became a living soul and our free will were given by God
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 25, 2018
Let me think about these.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2018
Mikechinos:
We didn't pre-existed so the idea of choice is not valid. We were created and became a living soul and our free will were given by God
Were we given the choice to be created or not?
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2018
lightparadox:
Let me think about these.
I'm waiting dear.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2018
chiommy123:
I think self control is in everyone and we build it to the level we want as human beings. those with high sex urge why don't they do it everywhere and i won't fail to mention that we need the holy spirit to help us
Self control varies in different people. Some people are naturally more mentally strong at somethings than others or maybe not too attracted to somethings like others.
The question is those things we naturally lack a lot of self control in, does that limit the idea that we have freewill to engage in them?
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by luvmijeje(f): 1:16pm On May 25, 2018
The option was given to your parents . They had an option. infact they have many options which they rejected by giving birth to you. But when you are old enough, the option to live or to die is still with you. You just don't have option at the point of conception. So it's matter of timing.

Hmmn, I love your last question. God is never biased. It's men out of their selfish reasons that sells God as biased. Indeed some are prone to sin than others. Let us use fornication as an example. Someone with an high sex drive is prone to commit fornication but you failed to realize just because I don't have an high sex drive doesn't mean I don't have a weakness that's prone to sin, for instance covetousness. Every single one of us have something that's prone to sin. We just need to ask for God's help to overcome them.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by chiommy123(f): 1:20pm On May 25, 2018
themonk:

Self control varies in different people. Some people are naturally more mentally strong at somethings than others or maybe not too attracted to somethings like others.
The question is those things we naturally lack a lot of self control in, does that limit the idea that we have freewill to engage in them?
that's why the holy spirit is there for you. the bible says certain things can't go out expect with fasting and prayers. there are certain things you can't do on your own pls involve God in it.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2018
chiommy123:
that's why the holy spirit is there for you. the bible says certain things can't go out expect with fasting and prayers. there are certain things you can't do on your own pls involve God in it.
The problem here is you are quoting the bible to defend the bible. It's just like using my own words to judge me instead of facts. You can't prove a thing from itself, you have to find other Bodies of knowledge to defend it.

Some religious people would be like, you cant understand those things. Your brain cannot comprehend it. Then why did we need a brain in the first place? Why not create us like robots so we won't sin. Let me leave you with this quote.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." — Galileo Galilei
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2018
luvmijeje:
The option was given to your parents . They had an option. infact they have many options which they rejected by giving birth to you. But when you are old enough, the option to live or to die is still with you. You just don't have option at the point of conception. So it's matter of timing.
If our parents were responsible for our existing then we can say our parents is reponsible for our existence not God. So our parents decided if we should exist or not.
If you say our parents made this decision and then God honoured it by creating us then God honoured our denial of freewill.

Secondly, if we go back to adam and eve who were the first parents as the bible says or whoever you belive the first parents were. They were denied the option of existing or not by who or whatever created them.

luvmijeje:

Hmmn, I love your last question. God is never biased. It's men out of their selfish reasons that sells God as biased. Indeed some are prone to sin than others. Let us use fornication as an example. Someone with an high sex drive is prone to commit fornication but you failed to realize just because I don't have an high sex drive doesn't mean I don't have a weakness that's prone to sin, for instance covetousness. Every single one of us have something that's prone to sin. We just need to ask for God's help to overcome them.
That's bias.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by luvmijeje(f): 2:18pm On May 25, 2018
themonk:

If our parents were responsible for our existing then we can say our parents is reponsible for our existence not God. So our parents decided if we should exist or not.
If you say our parents made this decision and then God honoured it by creating us then God honoured our denial of freewill.

Secondly, if we go back to adam and eve who were the first parents as the bible says or whoever you belive the first parents were. They were denied the option of existing or not by who or whatever created them.

That's bias.

Let me correct myself. Some are prone to certain sins than others. It's not biased. It is called equity.

You are mixing up everything. what do you mean by this?

You raised a powerful point about Adam. In as much as you've raised a powerful point you must realize every man is on this earth to fulfill a purpose. I'll give you an instance. A biro didn't became a biro without an input materials. Can a biro says I don't want to be created? How can a egg and a sperm refuse to be a baby. How can Adam that was a sand reject being created.

You are over thinking. Please relax your brain.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by chiommy123(f): 2:54pm On May 25, 2018
[quote author=themonk post=67869360]
The problem here is you are quoting the bible to defend the bible. It's just like using my own words to judge me instead of facts. You can't prove a thing from itself, you have to find other Bodies of knowledge to defend it.

Some religious people would be like, you cant understand those things. Your brain cannot comprehend it. Then why did we need a brain in the first place? Why not create us like robots so we won't sin. Let me leave you with this quote.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." — Galileo Galilei

[/quo Am not saying you can not use your brain in certain things but am saying your brain can not help you in everything. its only God that understands everything that's why we can't do without him. if we understand and can do everything by ourselves then we may become proud and forget about him.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by ibinaboonline: 6:50pm On May 25, 2018
This same question have been nagging me for the past few days. Perhaps I now think that we didn't pre-exist, obviously. If we did then the question of our. choice to come here or not comes into play and like you already said, it's problematic because it doesn't answer the question if we were consulted before been brought into existence. I think that life began when we were born so it's from there that we can now live, per say, make choices. This is just my thinking, though. I'm as confused as the the other guy. For example, giving me an option of heaven or hell isn't exactly giving me a choice. Or is it? I'm a born again christian who is currently struggling, really struggling, so forgive me if I sound troubled.
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by themonk(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
Seun What do you think?
Re: If We Didn't Have The Option Of Being Born Or Not. Does Freewill Exist? by orisa37: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
What is freewill when you don't even exist? Is it Biafra vs Nigeria or PMB vs OBJ? May be this is the last of The Military we are having before Nigeria collapses. May be it is Freewill for insane Children to burn down the House.

(1) (Reply)

The Great Meaning Of The Birth Of The 5th Branch Of The Second Home In Japan / Some Claim To See Jesus In These Notre Dame Flames. Do You? / FCT Task Force Plays It Safe When It Comes To Enforcing On Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.