Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * (3175 Views)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 6:19pm On Feb 02
*Politeness*
Atheists & Religionists,
Considering that Einstein is arguably the most insightful human that has ever lived (in terms of insight into the true nature of our reality), how do you reconcile these his views with your beliefs? Especially juxtaposed with traits of an "old soul" below.

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 10:22pm On Feb 02
Atheists like lordreed, jaephoenix, maynman, francistown, knownunknown, hopefullandlord, etc would avoid this thread like a plague.

I really pity you guys. May God be merciful unto you.

2 Likes

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 11:49pm On Feb 02
FxMasterz:
Atheists like lordreed, jaephoenix, maynman, francistown, knownunknown, hopefullandlord, etc would avoid this thread like a plague.

LoLz! You are funny. Why would we avoid the thread? What is special about a determinist stating his opinion? Oh right you think it proves your god exists but do tell us though why Einstein didn't worship your god if he was such a believer.

2 Likes

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 11:50pm On Feb 02
PoliteActivist:
*Politeness*
Atheists & Religionists,
Considering that Einstein is arguably the most insightful human that has ever lived (in terms of insight into the true nature of our reality), how do you reconcile these his views with your beliefs? Especially juxtaposed with traits of an "old soul" below.

There is no belief to reconcile. He was a determinist, he didn’t believe in your god. End of story.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 12:27am On Feb 03
LordReed:

There is no belief to reconcile. He was a determinist, he didn’t believe in your god. End of story.

FxMasterz:

*Politeness*
My good friend, LorReed, that I always defeat in every argument!😁. At least you're no longer doubting Einstein said it. That's a big improvement.
https://www.nairaland.com/7983972/why-atheists-always-wait-death/3#128238259

Au contraire, Einstein not only believed there is a "God", he went further than that. He believed that God has determined everything - to the extent that our apparent free will is an illusion, a trick. He was much more on the side of religionists than atheists. Infact this ought make you truly question your atheism.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 4:08am On Feb 03
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
My good friend, LorReed, that I always defeat in every argument!😁. At least you're no longer doubting Einstein said it. That's a big improvement.
https://www.nairaland.com/7983972/why-atheists-always-wait-death/3#128238259

Au contraire, Einstein not only believed there is a "God", he went further than that. He believed that God has determined everything - to the extent that our apparent free will is an illusion, a trick. He was much more on the side of religionists than atheists. Infact this ought make you truly question your atheism.

You win against me in your dreams. You won't be the first. LoLz.

I said he didn't believe in your god. Is your god Spinoza's god?

Glad you've come out from behind the finger you were hiding behind to show yourself. It was already clear you wanted to link it to your god so I dunno why you were dribbling your own shadow. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 8:22am On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

You make me laugh this early morning.
Einstein was a christian and he later deconverted. As a matter of fact, many religious leaders were very angry and disappointed to the extent of writing him series of letters. The more knowledgeable people become, the quicker they dump organized religion.
Einstein did not believe in any anthropomorphic God, like you christians do.

On that note, there is no authority in atheism as it is in the religious world. Christians follow Jesus, Bishops, Pastors, prophets like puppies following their owners.
Individually, atheist don't follow any one as an authority.

Know that we don't do an appeal to authority.
If Richard Dawkin picked up a religion today? Atheists prolly won't trip. Atheism is a personal thing.

Therefore, whatever Einstein thought about a supposed "god" was only good for his own pocket. It wouldn't buy anyone a cup of coffee.

2 Likes

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 8:58am On Feb 03
DeepSight:

You haven't posted any question to me. That was my first post to you. So please don't make presumptions - I am not an atheist

And yes, you are appealing to authority. Einstein, no matter how brilliant, was only human. Nothing becomes true simply because he said it. And he had all the limitations of perception of reality that human beings have.

*Politeness*
Well, you responded to a post I made which contained the questions: Where do thoughts come from? Where do dreams come from? - The kind of questions an average person would never ponder, but someone like Einstein would spend months thinking about and doing all sorts of thought experiments before comming forward with a position.
So when he makes such pronouncements you should at least sit up and take notice. Different from when say, Putin, says it.
So you're not an atheist. I'm actually surprised anyone is, seeing that we know almost nothing.
What do you think of the agnostic position?:

Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine, or the supernatural, is unknown or unknowable. The view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 9:12am On Feb 03
FRANCISTOWN:

Einstein was a christian and he later deconverted. As a matter of fact, many religious leader were very angry and disappointed to the extent not writing him series of letters.

On that note, there is no authority in atheism as it is in the religious world. Christians follow Jesus, Bishops, Pastors, prophets like puppies following their owners.

If Richard Dawkin picked up a religion today? Atheists prolly won't trip. Atheism is a personal thing.

Therefore, whatever Einstein thought about a supposed "god" was only good for his own pocket. It wouldn't buy anyone a cup of coffee.

*Politeness*
Well, you have to accept that Einstein was one human more in tune with the true nature of our reality than just about any other human. Just imagine what it took to figure out that time and space are one fabric, space-time, and that gravity is simply a curvature, a dimple in that fabric!
So when such a person is emphatic about an aspect of our existence, you better stop and take notice.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 9:40am On Feb 03
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
You know I always beat you😁. And easily too. Which really surprises me because I only come to this section only once in a while.
At least we have established two things:
1) You are no longer saying those quotes are not from Einstein.
2) You do accept that Einstein did believe in some sort of a god.

Kindly, of all the belief systems I honesty find atheism the most stupid. Don't you think you'd rather be an Agnostic as described below:

Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine, or the supernatural, is unknown or unknowable. The view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist.

In your dreams buddy.

Quote where I said the quote wasn't from Einstein.

Quote where I said to you that Einstein was an atheist.

What I find stupid is believing that a magic wizard in the sky is watching your every move and its most interested in what you do with your genitals. The entire concept of anthropomorphic gods is incoherent and frankly nonsensical. Spinoza's god like Einstein believed are more a reconceptualizing of all of nature as a grand orchestration, no sky wizardry involved.

I used to consider myself an agnostic atheist but now I identify with igtheism.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 9:43am On Feb 03
FRANCISTOWN:

Einstein was a christian and he later deconverted. As a matter of fact, many religious leader were very angry and disappointed to the extent not writing him series of letters.

No, I'm not saying you'll follow Einstein. What I'm saying is that even Einstein a better scientist than yourselves believed in the Devine. If he later deconverted after writing what he wrote, it shows the instability of scientific knowledge. The grounds keep shifting because knowledge is never perfected. If science should develop instruments capable of spiritual investigation today, all atheists would be shocked at what such instruments would discover. And of course, what would be the fate of already dead atheists who based their lives on imperfect knowledge?

Yeah, science is imperfect. It doesn't know everything. And infact, what science knows today is infinitesimally small compared to what science does not know. Why should anyone base his life on science that frequently outdates previous knowledge in the face of new discoveries rather than go on a journey of personal discovery according to the accepted rules and principles of the supernatural. If the supernatural doesn't exist, there would be no such words coined in any language.

In essence, I'm telling you that you atheists know in the innermost recesses of your minds that there's a God in the universe. You don't know who that God is and you have searched for Him using crooked means which brought you no result. In the end, you deny Him. Living in denial would not obliterate reality. It is dangerous to deny an ubiquitous reality on mere personal terms. The consequences can be dangerous.

lordreed
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 11:31am On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

No, I'm not saying you'll follow Einstein. What I'm saying is that even Einstein a better scientist than yourselves believed in the Divine.
And because Einstein believed in the "supposed" god, I should also?

FxMasterz:

If he later deconverted after writing what he wrote, it shows the instability of scientific knowledge. The grounds keep shifting because knowledge is never perfected.
If science should develop instruments capable of spiritual investigation today, all atheists would be shocked at what such instruments would discover. And of course, what would be the fate of already dead atheists who based their lives on imperfect knowledge?
Even if scientists discovered the supernatural, with proofs(which of course I'm sure it will never happen)
In the field of science, any discovery that is not useful and applicable to real life situation is simply useless, forgotten and discarded.

We've seen that those of you who believe in the supernatural don't have an edge over us. Therefore scientific discovery will not make a difference.

BTW, the discovery of the supernatural doesn't mean there is a supposed god behind it.
I remember myself and LordReed having this very interesting discussion one time like that, where he mentioned that there are atheists who might believe in the supernatural.

I guess if scientists discovered the supernatural realm(I mean with irrefutable proofs, which everyone can handle). I might just turn to one of those atheists who believe the supernatural.
Until there is a proof of a god, I'm sorry. Scientific discoveries of the supernatural won't make any difference.

FxMasterz:

Yeah, science is imperfect. It doesn't know everything. And infact, what science knows today is infinitesimally small compared to what science does not know.
Science has never claimed to know everything

FxMasterz:

Why should anyone base his life on science
Science has a pedigree. Science has proven itself over time to be almost dependable.
Therefore dear respected FxMasterz. I base my life on first "My common reasoning" then "Science" as a body of knowledge. Emphasis on the quotes.

FxMasterz:

In essence, I'm telling you that you atheists know in the innermost recesses of your minds that there's a God in the universe.
Dey play.
I'm telling you that theists know in their innermost recesses of minds that there is no God in the universe. You guys only wish. You wish.

FxMasterz:

It is dangerous to deny an ubiquitous reality on mere personal terms. The consequences can be dangerous.
Yinmu.😜
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 11:33am On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

No, I'm not saying you'll follow Einstein. What I'm saying is that even Einstein a better scientist than yourselves believed in the Devine. If he later deconverted after writing what he wrote, it shows the instability of scientific knowledge. The grounds keep shifting because knowledge is never perfected. If science should develop instruments capable of spiritual investigation today, all atheists would be shocked at what such instruments would discover. And of course, what would be the fate of already dead atheists who based their lives on imperfect knowledge?

Yeah, science is imperfect. It doesn't know everything. And infact, what science knows today is infinitesimally small compared to what science does not know. Why should anyone base his life on science that frequently outdates previous knowledge in the face of new discoveries rather than go on a journey of personal discovery according to the accepted rules and principles of the supernatural. If the supernatural doesn't exist, there would be no such words coined in any language.

In essence, I'm telling you that you atheists know in the innermost recesses of your minds that there's a God in the universe. You don't know who that God is and you have searched for Him using crooked means which brought you no result. In the end, you deny Him. Living in denial would not obliterate reality. It is dangerous to deny an ubiquitous reality on mere personal terms. The consequences can be dangerous.

lordreed

Einstein belief is in a type of Spinoza's god and that conceptualization was not considered 'divine'. Spinoza believed that God is "the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator". As far as I am concerned this is just unnecessary word play on Spinoza's part, the universe just is, there is no need to call it god.

You keep talking as if you can read minds. I do not know that gods exist and like I have mentioned the idea of anthropomorphic gods is nonsensical. A whim, a fantasy we like to indulge in as an extension of our own desires for power over our environment. No such beings exist or at the very least have been demonstrated to exist. You can pray from now till the sun grows cold your god will never do anything to contradict the laws of nature because that god doesn't exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by hopefulLandlord: 11:34am On Feb 03
Stupid thread

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FRANCISTOWN: 11:45am On Feb 03
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Well, you have to accept that Einstein was one human more in tune with the true nature of our reality than just about any other human. Just imagine what it took to figure out that time and space are one fabric, space-time, and that gravity is simply a curvature, a dimple in that fabric!
So when such a person is emphatic about an aspect of our existence, you better stop and take notice.
🤣🤣🤣🤣You should consider a career in comedy. This is so funny.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 12:25pm On Feb 03
LordReed:

Einstein belief is in a type of Spinoza's god and that conceptualization was not considered 'divine'. Spinoza believed that God is "the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator". As far as I am concerned this is just unnecessary word play on Spinoza's part, the universe is there is no need to call it god.

You keep talking as if you can read minds. I do not know that gods exist and like I have mentioned the idea of anthropomorphic gods is nonsensical. A whim, a fantasy we like to indulge in as an extension of our own desires for power over our environment. No such beings exist or at the very least have been demonstrated to exist. You can pray from now till the sun grows cold your god will never do anything to contradict the laws of nature because that God doesn't exist.

Have you read the conversion testimony of a former atheist here on Nairaland called Sixthsense? He once talked like you're doing now. Today, having obtained mercy, he knows better.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 1:01pm On Feb 03
FRANCISTOWN:

And because Einstein believed in the "supposed" god, I should also?

Even if scientists discovered the supernatural, with proofs(which of course I'm sure it will never happen)
In the field of science, any discovery that is not useful and applicable to real life situation is simply useless, forgotten and discarded.

We've seen that those of you who believe in the supernatural don't have an edge over us. Therefore scientific discovery will not make a difference.

BTW, the discovery of the supernatural doesn't mean there is a supposed god behind it.
I remember myself and LordReed having this very interesting discussion one time like that, where he mentioned that there are atheists who might believe in the supernatural.

I guess if scientists discovered the supernatural realm(I mean with irrefutable proofs, which everyone can handle). I might just turn to one of those atheists who believe the supernatural.
Until there is a proof of a god, I'm sorry. Scientific discoveries of the supernatural won't make any difference.

Science has never claimed to know everything

Science has a pedigree. Science has proven itself over time to be almost dependable.
Therefore dear respected FxMasterz. I base my life on first "My common reasoning" then "Science" as a body of knowledge. Emphasis on the quotes.

Dey play.
I'm telling you that theists know in their innermost recesses of minds that there is no God in the universe. You guys only wish. You wish.

Yinmu.😜

You'll some day have an encounter. That encounter will change everything for you.

Have you read the testimony of Sixthsense? He was formerly a boastful atheist like you. He shared his testimony and conversion experience here on Nairaland.

The world is beyond common sense. Don't measure spirituality on the scale of religion.

God is not religion and religion is not God. Using the religion of men to measure or discover God is a wrong approach.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

Have you read the conversion testimony of a former atheist here on Nairaland called Sixthsense? He once talked like you're doing now. Today, having obtained mercy, he knows better.

Nope he doesn't KNOW any better. He believes and may even believe he knows but he doesn't. None of you believers know.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 3:19pm On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

What exactly is special about the testimony? Someone that found scam artists masquerading as demonologists compelling is what should convince me? LoLz.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 4:56pm On Feb 03
LordReed:

Nope he doesn't KNOW any better. He believes and may even believe he knows but he doesn't. None of you believers know.

He had also put up such denials as this before he met Christ.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 4:57pm On Feb 03
LordReed:

What exactly is special about the testimony? Someone that found scam artists masquerading as demonologists compelling is what should convince me? LoLz.

He also said these same things about Christians who shared their testimonies of divine encounters until the day he met Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

He had also put up such denials as this before he met Christ.
FxMasterz:

He also said these same things about Christians who shared their testimonies of divine encounters until the day he met Jesus.

How does that validate his beliefs? Some people were in PDP then they switched to APC so does that make APC the 'true' party?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 6:50pm On Feb 03
LordReed:

How does that validate his beliefs? Some people were in PDP then they switched to APC so does that make APC the 'true' party?

When you are in the true party won't you know it for yourself?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

When you are in the true party won't you know it for yourself?

By evidence not by word of mouth.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 9:23pm On Feb 03
LordReed:

By evidence not by word of mouth.

You cannot have any evidence until you have a subjective experience within the party.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by LordReed(m): 9:24pm On Feb 03
FxMasterz:

You cannot have any evidence until you have a subjective experience within the party.

Why?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by johnydon22(m): 9:41pm On Feb 03
PoliteActivist:
*Politeness*
Atheists & Religionists,

So basically, your question is making the assumption that since Einstein was insightful in one area of knowledge, his insight in other areas should carry the same weight enough for Atheists to try and reconcile their beliefs with his?

Do you see the problem with that thought?

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 7:03am On Feb 04
FRANCISTOWN:

Einstein was a christian and he later deconverted. As a matter of fact, many religious leaders were very angry and disappointed to the extent of writing him series of letters. The more knowledgeable people become, the quicker they dump organized religion.

FxMasterz:

No, I'm not saying you'll follow Einstein. What I'm saying is that even Einstein a better scientist than yourselves believed in the Devine. If he later deconverted after writing what he wrote, it shows the
lordreed

*Politeness*
Einstein was never a Christian
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 7:10am On Feb 04
LordReed:

In your dreams buddy.

Quote where I said the quote wasn't from Einstein.

Quote where I said to you that Einstein was an atheist.

What I find stupid is believing that a magic wizard in the sky is watching your every move and its most interested in what you do with your genitals. The entire concept of anthropomorphic gods is incoherent and frankly nonsensical. Spinoza's god like Einstein believed are more a reconceptualizing of all of nature as a grand orchestration, no sky wizardry involved.

I used to consider myself an agnostic atheist but now I identify with igtheism.

*Politeness*
See below where you said exactly that - that the quote wasn't from Einstein.
I don't want to call you a liar, but this is ridiculous -something you articulated severally and argued for a long time!

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 7:38am On Feb 04
LordReed:

Einstein belief is in a type of Spinoza's god and that conceptualization was not considered 'divine'. Spinoza believed that God is "the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator". As far as I am concerned this is just unnecessary word play on Spinoza's part, the universe just is, there is no need to call it god.

You keep talking as if you can read minds. I do not know that gods exist and like I have mentioned the idea of anthropomorphic gods is nonsensical. A whim, a fantasy we like to indulge in as an extension of our own desires for power over our environment. No such beings exist or at the very least have been demonstrated to exist. You can pray from now till the sun grows cold your god will never do anything to contradict the laws of nature because that god doesn't exist.

*Politeness*
You think the person who said these below only believed in Spinoza's god??

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 7:42am On Feb 04
FRANCISTOWN:

🤣🤣🤣🤣You should consider a career in comedy. This is so funny.

*Politeness*
I laugh with you, though I don't know what it is you find so funny
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by FxMasterz: 7:54am On Feb 04
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Einstein was never a Christian

Yeah, he was never one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is 2010 Rapture Year? ( Sriptural And Political Evidence)he That Has Ear's / A Borrowed Life! / Let's Give Thanks To God For Everything! Hallelujah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.