Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian (16326 Views)

JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Benite: 7:05am On May 26, 2018
Following an order of interim injunction compelling the Joint Health Sector Unions (JOHESU) to immediately resume duties and ostensibly considering the intervention of Senate President Bukola Saraki, the union has summoned an emergency consultation meeting of all state and zonal leaders tomorrow for tomorrow, May 27 and Monday, May 28 to deliberate on the next steps in its ongoing strike action. 
JOHESU had on May 21 filed a court processes at the National Industrial Court (NIC) and the Court of Appeal, challenging the locus standi of the non-governmental organisation (NGO) that brought the matter before the NIC and the jurisdiction of the court to entertain the suite.  
JOHESU again called on the federal government to honour and implement the agreement it freely entered into with it on the September 30, last year for a permanent resolution of the impasse to restore normalcy and end the suffering of innocent Nigerians.
Briefing journalists on behalf of the leadership of JOHESU and Assembly of Healthcare professional Associations (AHPA), National President of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN), Dr. Godswill Okara, said a court order was served on JOHESU yesterday (Friday, May 25) at 5.39pm, adding that the union has great respect and regard for the judiciary.  
He said: “Following the calculated attempt to demonise JOHESU through sustained misinformation and falsehood by the Federal Ministry of Health and the Kingdom Human Rights Foundation International, an NGO that is neither our employer nor a party to the agreement JOHESU signed with government, JOHESU had before the receipt of this court order, filed court processes in the National Industrial Court and the Court of Appeal on May 21, challenging the locus standi of the NGO and the jurisdiction of the court to entertain the suite.  

Okara stated that the NGO has constituted itself into a meddlesome interloper.He said: “We have noted with dismay the persistent attempt by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) to misinform the public through malicious fabrication of accusation and blatant lies, that JOHESU members had locked up theatres, consulting rooms and wards.  It beats imagination that the NMA will go to any ridiculous length in giving bad names to a dog in order to hang it.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.”  
According to him: “The NMA wants the public to believe that hospital authorities lack the power to keep the gates and doors of our health facilities open.  Our members have conducted themselves with the highest degree of restraint and discipline in the face of provocation and double-dealing by the Federal Ministry of Health.”Okara commended the leadership of the senate for their recent intervention aimed at a fully amicable resolution to the crisis.“We also commend all men and women of good conscience who have lent their voices of reason to our struggle for justice, fairness and equity in the health sector,” he added.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/johesu-summons-emergency-meeting-over-court-order/

cc lalasticlala
Mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Nobody: 7:07am On May 26, 2018
They better do and call off the strike before they are given 'channels television treatment'.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by dabeto: 7:10am On May 26, 2018
Jehosu should end this ego trip and get back to work. There can’t be two captains in a ship.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by worlexy(m): 7:11am On May 26, 2018
“We have noted with dismay the persistent attempt by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) to misinform the public through malicious fabrication of accusation and blatant lies, that JOHESU members had locked up theatres, consulting rooms and wards. It beats imagination that the NMA will go to any ridiculous length in giving bad names to a dog in order to hang it. Nothing could be farther from the truth.”
JOHESU can lie sha, don't they lock up chairs, Tables, instruments, theatre, laboratories etc anytime they go on strike just so that those than can use those things wouldn't have access to them while JOHESU are away. Do all those materials belong to them, are they their personal properties? If anyone wants to go on strike, just handover with proper documentation all the hospital equipments and materials under your care to the concerned authorities and withdraw your services. No more, no less!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by SolutionMee: 7:12am On May 26, 2018
cry

The intervention of Saraki is the beginning of wisdom

What Bullhari and Osunbanjo can't do, Saraki has done better

Can't wait to have Saraki as my president

Apart from his past looting, dude will make a good 21st century president capable of reshaping Nigeria

If you're against my opinion then let's meet on the Judgement day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12am On May 26, 2018
Finish this issue ASAP please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Wasky101: 7:13am On May 26, 2018
Nice
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Sarang(f): 7:14am On May 26, 2018
Go eagles!! cheesy
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by freeDR(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2018
It is unfortunate that an illegal gathering of purposelessly disgruntled health workers are the ones holding the entire health sector in ransom. Quite sad.
The kind of things you see in an emerging economy where the govt is the largest employer of labour.
The only practicable solution is for the government to conceed the running of all public hospitals to Public-Private Partnership arrangement.
Allow private employers of labour to determine who is important in the hospital. Let private employers also determine who earns more.
Aberrations like JOHESU are the hallmarks of a failed state. Nigeria needs a change in structure.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Rekyz(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2018
Nice move. What is eating us up is greed and ego.
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by kush1000(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2018
Hmnnmn
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Dottore: 7:17am On May 26, 2018
Ok
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by MrBigiman: 7:18am On May 26, 2018
Saraki's meeting with the ugly Johesu members is the last hand of fellowship they would ever get. After this, they'll treated as common criminals and social rejects. Thugs who couldn't study Medicine want to enjoy the same status through gross thuggery.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by obembet(f): 7:19am On May 26, 2018
M
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by veacea: 7:20am On May 26, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by deprof247(m): 7:20am On May 26, 2018
It baffles me to them getting their monthly emolument despite not working for it. Government should redefine it by saying 'no work, no pay'.... Damn!!
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by ultron12345: 7:21am On May 26, 2018
Hunger is gradually setting in for JOHESU. Injustice will never triumph against justice, and the injustice JOHESU represents will never triumph over the FG and Nigerians in general.

Victory acerta for all Nigerians that stood for justice, Johesu will be crushed.

Consultant nurse ke, consultant gateman ni.

Seems hunger has finally gotten to Amarabae, NLs johesu warrior and auxiliary matron, I've notice shes cooled down lately. The Amarabae I know will be masturbating up and down, shouting johesu.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Oyerinde16(m): 7:23am On May 26, 2018
IF WHAT JOHESU IS FIGHTING FOR IS EQUITY NOT EQUALITY WHAT'S D BIG DEAL, IF IT WILL TAKE A PHARMACIST, LAB SCIENTISTS, RADIOLOGIST ETC 12 YRS TO EARN WHAT A FRESH DOCTOR START WITH, Ngige TOLD THEM ALL IS SET 4 IMPLEMENTATION BUT MIN OF HEALTH IS BLOCKING IT, Bleep D DOCS

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by eendy(f): 7:26am On May 26, 2018
In a nation where hooligans and all sorts can gather to make demands, because of lack of structure this is what you get...

Feel for the record keepers, store attendants and health assistants involved in this struggle... no matter what happens their status remains the same...

Sorry your kindred are only using you to achieve their greedy quest...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Akowemoon(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2018
Aluta continua!.No going back.

8 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by frank41(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2018
dabeto:
Jehosu should end this ego trip and get back to work. There can’t be two captains in a ship.

I strongly concur with you boss....there is no way two captains can be in the same ship/boat....weda they like it or not.

6 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by worlexy(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2018
ultron12345:
Hunger is gradually setting in for JOHESU. Injustice will never triumph against justice, and the injustice JOHESU represents will never triumph over the FG and Nigerians in general.

Victory acerta for all Nigerians that stood for justice, Johesu will be crushed.

Seems hunger has finally gotten to Amarabae, NLs johesu warrior and auxiliary matron, I've notice shes cooled down lately. The Amarabae I know will be masturbating up and down, shouting johesu.
lol

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by worlexy(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2018
I just laugh when JOHESU spread the lies that Doctors can't work without them, that is the greatest lie from the pit of hell. A doctor was trained to be able to do all the works paramedics(JOHESU) does, it's JOHESU that can't do most of what a doctor can do. Now let's not confuse "can" with "won't". The fact that a doctor can work and make the hospital to work at 100% capacity doesn't mean he will do it, if you want doctors to make the hospital work at 100% anytime johesu is on strike, all the FG needs to do is to say for that particular Hospital, all the doctors will be paid for their normal doctor works and will also be paid the for the JOHESU work they will do while the strike lasts(if JOHESU salary in that hospital is N5m, just tell the doctors that since johesu are not working, that 5m will be shared on the doctors salaries while the strike lasts, then you will see that the doctors will do all the works) They won't do it with this present set up because it doesn't make sense to do someone else's work and the person that hasn't worked will still get paid for doing nothing and the person that has done extra work won't get anything extra.
Also when the doctors start doing all the work, majority of those that will come and benefit from that service are still the striking johesu members because like they say everytime that they make up 95% of the hospital workforce.
Now let's analyse the work johesu do in the hospital

1. Pharmacists
The pharmacist in our hospitals only read what a doctor prescribes and dispense the drugs, no more no less.
Pharmacists that work in pharmaceutical companies(they are not under johesu because they don't work in the hospital) are the ones that produce drugs and some medical consumables.

2. Nurses
They give injections, and other medications to patients, do vital signs some of them take deliveries.

Doctors can do all that

3. Lab scientists and technicians
They run tests on blood, urine and other samples sent to them by doctors

There are doctors in the Lab that can also run all the tests but johesu would have locked up the lab so that doctors don't have access to the lab

4. Radiographers
They shoot X-ray, CT scan, MRI and doctors in the radiology dept are the ones that report the film the radiographers shoot.

Doctors can shoot too

So have you seen why they always lock up everywhere when they go on strike?

Now in order to frustrate the doctors more, they include these sets of people in their gang up association called Johesu: The cleaners/sweepers in the hospital, the man that operates the generators, the admin staff. You know why? So that if the doctors do the work of the core hospital staff johesu, if there's power failure the generator man will be no where to be found cos he will claim he is also johesu and he's on strike, the admin staff that should normally prepare salaries and have no business in patient's care will also not prepare the salary of the doctors that are working. So you see? a gateman, generator man, admin staff and the rest all want pay parity with the doctors, and you want the FG to take Johesu serious

38 Likes 10 Shares

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by mylifeisagift(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2018
cheesy cheesy
ultron12345:

grin
ultron12345:

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by mylifeisagift(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2018
cheesy cheesy
ultron12345:

grin
ultron12345:

kikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Uchemus(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2018
ultron12345:

lol
Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by frank41(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2018
deprof247:
It baffles me to them getting their monthly emolument despite not working for it. Government should redefine it by saying 'no work, no pay'.... Damn!!

NO WORK....NO PAY...All of the will resume work without hesitations

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by chimex001(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2018
Federal Ministry of health and NMA are not fair to JOHESU, let there be equality and fairness in the health sector. but on the other hand even in the construction sector, a hired labour can not chop same pay like the oga masson that hired him! same as engineer can not chop same pay as technician, doctors can not be at same salary level with other "health workers" AKA JOHESU. my advice to them is don't be greedy,, go back to work and negotiate.

24 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by Paperwhite(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2018
dabeto:
Simple!

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by panpan(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2018
kaorama:
They better do and call off the strike before they are given 'channels television treatment'.

What does 'channels television treatment' mean?

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian by OgaInnocent(m): 7:39am On May 26, 2018
Nice from the federal govt. I believe fed govt listened to me. Federal govt is actually on NL. Check my posts, they heeded to my submissions.
I deserve some accolades pls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 22 more Coronavirus Patients / Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Foods Rich In Iron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.