Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? (3893 Views)

What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by akinzgist(m): 10:11pm On May 26, 2018
Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than First Class Students After School Days?
The first class student sacrifice all energy in acquiring good grades thinking student with first class will definitely get a good job after school and also have a good future.
The 3rd class student who already knows it will be difficult to make the best out of school will look for a way to make it in life maybe by getting close to people who also graduated with 3rd class and learn from them, even some who do not have the opportunity to pass through school.
A professor in University of Ghana say;
“You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memories it and reproduce it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones”.
The thing is only the smart one make it in life, life is not all about academic grades.
What do u think?

click below for more

http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/05/23/why-do-3rd-class-graduates-do-better-than-first-class-students-after-school-days/

4 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Shadrackmadu(m): 10:20pm On May 26, 2018
Pride Is The Answer's

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by biafraisdead(m): 10:23pm On May 26, 2018
akinzgist:
Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than First Class Students After School Days?
The first class student sacrifice all energy in acquiring good grades thinking student with first class will definitely get a good job after school and also have a good future.
The 3rd class student who already knows it will be difficult to make the best out of school will look for a way to make it in life maybe by getting close to people who also graduated with 3rd class and learn from them, even some who do not have the opportunity to pass through school.
“You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memories it and reproduce it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones”.
The thing is only the smart one make it in life, life is not all about academic grades.
What do u think?

http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/05/23/why-do-3rd-class-graduates-do-better-than-first-class-students-after-school-days/
I didn't read all u put up there but all I just have to tell is that u should stop deceiving ursef by consoling ursef because u graduated or would be graduating with a 3rd class. Even though we may say ur grade doesn't limit u but everyone knows that 1st class graduates stand a better chance of been successful. Show me one 3rd class graduate that excelled more than a 1st class graduate and I would show u 100 first class graduates that have excelled beyond their 3rd class counterparts.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Jollyakat(m): 10:24pm On May 26, 2018
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by emmahoney(m): 10:30pm On May 26, 2018
Maybe they do better in the creek

2 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 26, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I thought you had reasonable points. But you've said absolutely nothing.

Don't graduate with a third. Don't compare a third class graduate with a first. Even if you are competent for a particular task the grade will easily bring you down to nothing especially here in Nigeria.

This is not a topic to be discussed self.

I wan sleep self

☣ ☠

9 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by geunik(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2018
The ratio of third class graduate to first class is quiet large. In a year less than 100 first class graduate will be produce whereas third class will be in their thousands. Now the possibility of seeing a lot of third class succeeding is higher because of their population and the after school life zeal. Most first class graduate and get an average paying job almost instantly. The thinking all most first calls graduates is to get a job which they quickly get after graduation. However most third class knows job is out of it so they try to create job. The first calls graduate will start seeing money on time and will be contented with the job especially when other third class are still struggling. After some years third class becomes successful even more than first class. Most first class live average life. Very few suffer and most third class make more money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 26, 2018
geunik:
The ratio of third class graduate to first class is quiet large. In a year less than 100 first class graduate will be produce whereas third class will be in their thousands. Now the possibility of seeing a lot of third class succeeding is higher because of their population and the after school life zeal. Most first class graduate and get an average paying job almost instantly. The thinking all most first calls graduates is to get a job which they quickly get after graduation. However most third class knows job is out of it so they try to create job. The first calls graduate will start seeing money on time and will be contented with the job especially when other third class are still struggling. After some years third class becomes successful even more than first class. Most first class live average life. Very few suffer and most third class make more money.
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

back up your point with instances

☣ ☠
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Cashrange660: 10:54pm On May 26, 2018
Did Dangote have a first class degree? Yet he signs the pay cheque of a woman with high academic profile (Blair's wife). Point out one first class graduate that has made a huge impact to the society and is being celebrated (aside academic works) here in Nigeria. They think certificate is everything...
P.S: This does not mean graduating with a 3rd class is in anyway good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by EbukaHades10(m): 12:03am On May 27, 2018
1:No be everything be book,book,book

2: 1st class graduates go dey find work of 500k or so wey them never get experience but a 3rd class graduate fit take work of 50k or so.....to at least gain experience.....not saying that a third is better than a first though

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by DrayZee: 2:09am On May 27, 2018
Cashrange660:
Did Dangote have a first class degree? Yet he signs the pay cheque of a woman with high academic profile (Blair's wife). Point out one first class graduate that has made a huge impact to the society and is being celebrated (aside academic works) here in Nigeria. They think certificate is everything...
Dangote's father was rich. His uncle was rich. Give an example of a 3rd class graduate who made himself reasonable by his own efforts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by ednut1(m): 5:23am On May 27, 2018
Baseless comparism
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Nobody: 5:55am On May 27, 2018
Your topic is too generalistic. Many third class graduate are doing well not all third class as you heading tries to paint
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by jericco1(m): 6:22am On May 27, 2018
I'm disappointed in you.
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Gerrard59(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2018
Cashrange660:

There are many na. Research on various Nigerian companies' executive management teams online. And stop using Dangote as a harbinger, he comes from a rich family. Even a dullard can make something useful out of life if s/he comes from such a family.

akinzgist:

When I saw this information for the first time two years ago, I did a research on the assumed professor and found out that he never existed. No personal profile nor papers published. Not even a relevant industry related information. That professor doesn't exist.

Finally, it's important current students strive to make a good grade. Although, a good grade doesn't necessarily equates to richness. The probability of succeeding is high as there are lots of opportunities for such individuals. It depends on how an individual is determined to grab them, but logic tells me that for someone to have invested time and effort to make a first. Such a person can do same even after school.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Gerrard59(m): 7:06am On May 27, 2018
geunik:
. After some years third class becomes successful even more than first class. Most first class live average life. Very few suffer and most third class make more money.

Do you have any empirical data to support your claim? I'd love to read it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by isyourboy(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2018
biafraisdead:

I didn't read all u put up there but all I just have to tell is that u should stop deceiving ursef by consoling ursef because u graduated or would be graduating with a 3rd class. Even though we may say ur grade doesn't limit u but everyone knows that 1st class graduates stand a better chance of been successful. Show me one 3rd class graduate that excelled more than a 1st class graduate and I would show u 100 first class graduates that have excelled beyond their 3rd class counterparts.
You're very right bro. There are people who condemn something just because they couldn't get it. They always find a way of ridiculing the first class graduates by telling this kind of rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by isyourboy(m): 7:34am On May 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

There are many na. Research on various Nigerian companies' executive management teams online. And stop using Dangote as a harbinger, he comes from a rich family. Even a dullard can make something useful out of life if s/he comes from such a family.

When I saw this information for the first time two years ago, I did a research on the assumed professor and found out that he never existed. No personal profile nor papers published. Not even a relevant industry related information. That professor doesn't exist.

Finally, it's important current students thrive to make a good grade. Although, a good grade doesn't necessarily equates to richness. The probability of succeeding is high as there are lots of opportunities for such individuals. It depends on how an individual is determined to grab them, but logic tells me that for someone to have invested time and effort to make a first. Such a person can do same even after school.
Well said bro. For him to have a first class, it means he sacrificed some of the many frivolities he could as well do same after college
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by akinzgist(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

Do you have any empirical data to support your claim? I'd love to read it.

yh,click and read the link above
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by spinna: 11:31am On May 27, 2018
First class is obviously what everyone strives for but it's usually the bottom of the class guys that become super rich. First class usually becomes a high paid employee (and even sometimes averagely or lowly paid) while third becomes an entrepreneur and as time goes becomes very rich. As sm1 pointed out there are many more pole in 3rd class so many are also very unsuccessful I.e continue into 3rd class or pass lives.

But the richest and greatest years later from that class will not be the 1st class. No wonder Bible says the last shall be first.

To be too focused on book education is not good. The big picture of things shoud always be appreciated and some 3rd classes have that mindset hence their success.. others are just lazy stupid or unlucky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:56pm On May 27, 2018
Op continue to bask in delusion undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by laudate: 1:28pm On May 27, 2018
biafraisdead:

There are many 3rd class graduates that have excelled more than 1st class graduates, in different spheres of life. undecided Even some of those with 2:2 grades, marvel at the resilience of the 3rd class graduates.

Many of those 3rd class graduates left school, knowing their grades were not fantastic, so immediately they moved ahead to acquire other ancillary qualifications in areas like accounting, ICT, marketing etc. sad They are often more willing to start working in a different area, and quick to start learning in an area unrelated to their field of study. They are quicker at thinking out of the box, faster at adapting to situations and have better social skills than your 1st class graduates, who have had their heads stuck in a book all through school. shocked

One of the guys in my team with a 3rd class, ended up becoming the protocol officer for our multinational organisation. undecided Because of his engaging social skills and ability to relate well with others, (especially the bosses), he got into the good books of the senior management. Today, he has worked in more than 8 different depts of the firm. Everyone wants him on their team. Nobody even remembers that he had a 3rd class, anymore! wink

As we speak, I know a 1st class graduate with a Masters' degree, that has been unable to get a job, 3 years after graduation. And I know a 3rd class graduate that has worked in 3 multinational firms in the last 5 years. Both of them have zero connections, and attended the same school!

And I agree totally with the person who said: “You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer. The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorise it and reproduce it in an exam."

How many of those who were the best student in Finance in their university, ended up becoming the best professionals in their fields or making more money than their counterparts? How many of those who topped the law school exams ended up becoming the best lawyers in the country? Do a roll call of the richest SANs and most respected judges today, how many of them had a first class degree? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by acenazt: 2:41pm On May 27, 2018
The true Intelligence is not by Cramming and pouring. A third Class student will read to understand but cos they lack the ability and urge to cram they fail due to lecturers consistently asking to be given what they gave. Like Give me back what I gave you. The third Class student will read but not as hard as the First Class student and the First Class student will MOSTLY read to pass cos they are scared of dropping points. After a year, you ask both students a question related to the previous year and most times the third class student will recall and give you an answer because he or she read to understand. There is an exception though. There are Geniuses who are just made for the First Class but even they have problems cos they lack people and societal skills to cope. I have seen both sets. BTW I am not in any of the mentioned grade. I dey middle dey look
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by CoolOg: 3:29pm On May 27, 2018
3rd class doing more than 1st class is 1 like in 20 if not more sef because of the opportunities and privilege open to 1st class but one thing is some 3rd class at times have that because they are into many things when the 1st class is only focusing on getting good grades. What 3rd class is into may be nonsense but if he is actually into a business and with good street knowledge. He may excel more than the 1st class who all he can do is to sit down in the office without a side business running a savings account and getting small interest at the end of the month. The fact that people who were not opportune to go to school can make it shows a 3rd class can do the same and more. It's just good undergraduates have good grades as it bring opportunies faster.
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by benzion72(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2018
Nigeria school curriculum has expired and if you get a first class in expired curriculum, you only hold on to the expired degree. A third class fellow know that he can not work with his degree so he has to relearn new skill that made him outshine the first class who will end up on a job or a teacher (glorified) lecturer or research, check out Nigeria research institute taking over by weed, the last time I visited NIHORT all na bush, one can even kill elephant there. But a third class person will find way and most third class student are not dunce, they are mostly hustler on campus offering the market place what it need most and they are getting paid. But a first class lecturere will go and join ASUU and start blaming government for all the ills of the society as if government owe them anything

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Acepen(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2018
Cc Laudate
So U Are Saying Better To Carry Last Abi?
Most Students Who Get 1st Class Are More Innovative And Competent Organised And Focused Than Most Of There 3rd Class Counterparts Who Are Most Likely Lazy And Crave Pleasure Rather Than Hardwork. Before U Write 1st Class Off U Should Also Note That The Level Of Success Btw 1st Class And 3rd Class Is 50 To 1 Stop Using Few Examples To Justify Ur Argument, I Can Show U Exellent Students Who Are Toping Their Careers And Flying High And Most 3rd Class Student Give Up On Ever Going Forward Because The Are Lazy And Not Focused Only Few Of The Dogged Ones Make It Mostly In Non Academic Fields.1st Class Has More Advantages That Is Why Its The Most Sought After. Am Sure U Will Be Glad When Ur Kids Or Relative Bag Home A Gp Below 1.5
Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Martinez19(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2018
biafraisdead:

Are you minding the op? Humans are so vainly competitive. Seeing a jobless first class graduate puts a smile on third class graduates' face. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Acepen(m): 5:05pm On May 27, 2018
benzion72:

Nigeria school curriculum has expired and if you get a first class in expired curriculum, you only hold on to the expired degree. A third class fellow know that he can not work with his degree so he has to relearn new skill that made him outshine the first class who will end up on a job or a teacher (glorified) lecturer or research, check out Nigeria research institute taking over by weed, the last time I visited NIHORT all na bush, one can even kill elephant there. But a third class person will find way and most third class student are not dunce, they are mostly hustler on campus offering themarket place what it need most and they are getting paid. Buta first class lecturere will go andjoin ASUU and start blaming governmentfor all the ills of the societyas if government owe them anything
so A First Class Fellow Can Only Work As A Lecturer Or In ASUU,,i Cant Believe Such Amount Of Ignorance Can Exist In One Person Smh I Dont Blame U U Only Hate What U Cant Get

2 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by benzion72(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2018
Acepen:
so A First Class Fellow Can Only Work As A Lecturer Or In ASUU,,i Cant Believe Such Amount Of Ignorance Can Exist In One Person Smh I Dont Blame U U Only Hate What U Cant Get

Call it any name you hardly meet first class entrepreneur and business owner, they are not cut out for that. They are genius who can reproduce what their teacher gave them word for word. Even when they are not teaching they and get employed in multinational they are still on salary and your employer can't make you rich not even this era of casualixation, rightsizing, downsizing. An era where robot perform almost all the job. Have you not see jobless first class graduates.

What are ATM are they not robot that has taken Nigerians jobs. My brother all classes of degree are just paper it is what you can do that the market need that distinguished you in real life. Not one useless paper they gave you after 4 or 5 years. You are not talking to a novice I have more than 18 years work experience I have work in corporate organization with first class, ACCA, name it

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by Acepen(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2018
benzion72:

Call it any name you hardly meet first class entrepreneur and business owner, they are not cut out for that. They are genius who can reproduce what their teacher gave them word for word. Even when they are not teaching they and get employed in multinational they are still on salary and your employer can't make you rich not even this era of casualixation, rightsizing, downsizing. An era where robot perform almost all the job. Have you not see jobless first class graduates.
What are ATM are they not robot that has taken Nigerians jobs. My brother all classes of degree are just paper it is what you can do that the market need that distinguished you in real life. Not one useless paper they gave you after 4 or 5 years. You are not talking to a novice I have more than 18 years work experience I have work in corporate organization with first class, ACCA, name it
if I Was Ur Son What Would U Advice Me To Do?To Drop Out Of Skul?To Get A 3rd Class Instead Of 1st Class

1 Like

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by laudate: 6:07pm On May 27, 2018
Acepen:
Cc Laudate
So U Are Saying Better To Carry Last Abi?
Most Students Who Get 1st Class Are More Innovative And Competent Organised And Focused Than Most Of There 3rd Class Counterparts Who Are Most Likely Lazy And Crave Pleasure Rather Than Hardwork. Before U Write 1st Class Off U Should Also Note That The Level Of Success Btw 1st Class And 3rd Class Is 50 To 1 Stop Using Few Examples To Justify Ur Argument, I Can Show U Exellent Students Who Are Toping Their Careers And Flying High And Most 3rd Class Student Give Up On Ever Going Forward Because The Are Lazy And Not Focused Only Few Of The Dogged Ones Make It Mostly In Non Academic Fields.1st Class Has More Advantages That Is Why Its The Most Sought After. Am Sure U Will Be Glad When Ur Kids Or Relative Bag Home A Gp Below 1.5

Don't be silly. sad Stop talking about what you do not know. Your degree certificate is just a starting point. It does NOT determine what you will be in future. Time and chance (as well as divine intervention), has a way of determining what each person will become. undecided I am speaking from practical experience. I have worked in 4 multinational firms in various countries, on multiple projects. And I have seen 3rd class graduates excel, just like those who left school with 1st class and 2nd class.

People can graduate with a 3rd class, for a variety of reasons that have absolutely NOTHING to do with laziness. sad I had a friend in Physics dept in my university who graduated with a 3rd class. In his own case, he lost his father in 2nd year during exams, and had to take time off school to do some work, in order to raise money and continue his studies. Immediately after graduation, he enrolled for a post-graduate diploma in electronics. He was employed by a telco after his PGD. undecided In his Physics dept, there has never been a 1st class for 10 years. Today. he is a high-ranking GM in a telecoms firm, and regularly interviews fresh graduates with 1st class, 2nd class and 3rd class.

How many 3rd class degree holders give up on going forward, or give up on themselves, like you claim? How many do you know? undecided I am yet to meet such people. Usually, they are the ones who are willing to quickly enrol for other courses, and acquire additional qualifications to boost their chances. I have worked with 1st class graduates who think they know it all, who will argue with their bosses and feel their word is law. sad And I have worked with 3rd class graduates who are humble enough to acknowledge that they do not know anything, but are willing to bow down and buckle up, in order to learn what needs to be done.

Are all 1st class graduates gainfully employed in their field of study, today? Are they all earning big bucks or handling posh jobs today? No!! shocked Go into the workplace and see what is happening. Even the HR person conducting the interviews, does he have a 1st class? Most of the time, the answer is No. I have gone for a job interview before, and the General Manager was intimidated by my set of degrees. After asking me several questions, he confessed "If I employ you, the management can fire me, and put you in my place!" I laughed. But it was a reality. undecided

Stop relying only on the class of your degree. sad The world out there is far tougher than you think, and the class of your degree is NOT the sole thing that determines your future, or how far you will go in life. Grow up!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? by dopedan(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
Acepen:
if I Was Ur Son What Would U Advice Me To Do?To Drop Out Of Skul?To Get A 3rd Class Instead Of 1st Class
I'll advice you to follow your dreams. There are so many routes to success son what works for peter may never work for paul. Peace

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Recharged 5k Airtime Instead Of 500 From My Account / Woman Who Gets Stuck In Elevator Opens The Doors By Force With 2 Hands / List Of Schools Whose 2017/2018 Admission Screening Forms Are Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.