Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? (26868 Views)

Maduka University College Enugu Is Currently Admitting Jss 1,2 And SS 1 Students / How Do You Recognize Year 1 Students In School? / Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 23, 2019
Hello I'm a second year engineering student who just finished first year with a 4.11. The majority of my friends are on a 4.6 above and no, I'm not jealous of them because I know they worked harder than myself last year, I was busy mixing school with romance and play.

But now I was just wondering. Of course it's a new semester and students have begun reading already. At the end of the semester, some will have a 4.7, 4.3 others will get a 3.5, others even 2.8.
Why this difference when they all read and prepared from the start of the semester. What do first class graduates do that others don't.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Shelumiel: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2019
They have more past question papers than you do . And secondly , they have all the necessary materials to help them get good grades .

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2019
Shelumiel:
They have more past question papers than you do . And secondly , they have all the necessary materials to help them get good grades .
ok thanks. More inputs please

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by BabangidaHamza(m): 10:43am On Mar 23, 2019
Please my only advice is that grade don't matters when it comes to university nowadays.. You might graduate with first class and still got no job.. Some first class students always believed that their grade will help them get automatic job from the university which is not true.. Just graduate, if u can invest in business invest, if u c work go do.. But if u allow first class mentality take over u, d person wey dey push wheelbarrow get future pass u

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
BabangidaHamza:
Please my only advice is that grade don't matters when it comes to university nowadays.. You might graduate with first class and still got no job.. Some first class students always believed that their grade will help them get automatic job from the university which is not true.. Just graduate, if u can invest in business invest, if u c work go do.. But if u allow first class mentality take over u, d person wey dey push wheelbarrow get future pass u
I know that already. I'm just asking what first class studentz do different than others.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shelumiel:
so getting more past questions would get me a better grade every semester

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by LordIsaac(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
They are more disciplined and have a flair for books, not just the grades.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by germaphobe(m): 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
i'm a 100level student and from what i'm seeing not all 4.6 gp are on merit. I course rep one course like dat and d man had already told me that he likes how i sell his textbooks so he's gonna give me an A in his course, from his assignment so far i'm getting good grades. so imagine when someone knows 4 to 5 lecturers and is close to them. Everything ing nigeria is not upright and directly how the seem.

43 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
BabangidaHamza:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
LordIsaac:
They are more disciplined and have a flair for books, not just the grades.
disciplined in what way if you don't mind explaining.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Shelumiel: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Durentt:
so getting more past questions would get me a better grade every semester
Well , that would be a yes and no answer .

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by akande115: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
Durentt:
Hello I'm a second year engineering student who just finished first year with a 4.11. The majority of my friends are on a 4.6 above and no, I'm not jealous of them because I know they worked harder than myself last year, I was busy mixing school with romance and play.

But now I was just wondering. Of course it's a new semester and students have begun reading already. At the end of the semester, some will have a 4.7, 4.3 others will get a 3.5, others even 2.8.
Why this difference when they all read and prepared from the start of the semester. What do first class graduates do that others don't.
Cc lalasticlala, please no education thread has graced frontpage recently.

You also agree that you're not that serious with your study last session. Just shun all distraction and face only your study

6 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Ijaycool(f): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hehehehe

Where I graduated from, getting a 1st class depends on the lecturers you know and the hotel rooms you have their keys on a regular.

3 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by BiafranBushBoy: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Lol
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Iruobean(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
angry
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Num07033711115(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Same tin jare. Brain are nt desame

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by hisexcellency34: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
If you know your way, you can get 2:1 easily in Nigerian universities especially UNILAG
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by cana882(m): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
Rate of understanding, assimilation and retention.

14 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Mitsurugi(m): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
They nab the prettiest chics and party with the elite... AFTER SCHOOL! grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Deicide: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
They crame better

Some people can crame a whole text book and you know how lecturers like that you give them what they give you exact grin

15 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by 1Sharon(f): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
They are good Christians.

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by SirLakes: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Read read read n read like you'll die if you dont have an A in any course

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
I finished with a 2.1 and i can tell you that the only thing is to read hard and be strategic.

Attend lectures, form your own notes in cases where there are no handouts, even when there are hand outs, lecturers love it when u repeat some things they say in class.

Forget textbooks, read your notes and handouts except in cases where the lecturer makes use of a particular textbook.

Cram and understand too. Make sure u do both. Understanding alone without cramming are for lazy students.

Read for tests as if its exam. Once u do well in the test, getting an A or a B becomes easier.

Keep serious friends or atleast friends that are worried about their performance.

Read a particular note or hand out more than once. That way it sticks more. The first read is usually the hardest, infact when reading something the first time, u may think u cant ever know it but stick to it, when u finish reading for the first time, sleep on it then read it again the next day! During the second read, u may be amazed how much u actually picked from the first read.

Make sure you are aware and social, drink a bit, womanise a bit, be aware. In the end, these things maybe more critical to success in life than academic excellence.

Pray to God for understanding and knowledge retention. Very key.

Be sympathetic to your examiner who would read what u wrote down. Write in a manner that is easy to read, ensure your work is always neat and well spaced.

Ensure to write with good grammar and well constructed sentences. This can save you in some cases where u dont even know the answer to a question.

Give back to the lecturer what they gave you but in addition, let your understanding also shine through in your answers. Here is what i do, i give back to the lecturer verbatim what i was taught, then i also add a last paragraph to my answer where i try to show case my own understanding. People who only try to show case their own understanding without also giving back to the lecturer what they were taught word for word would always be C or D students in the Nigerian educational set up

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Deckline(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
They cry,cry and cry and attempt suicide when they have one "B" in any course.
No be say their other 'A's no go pay o.

I am a living weakness...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Guys please quote me and curse me and talk trash me anyhow you deem fit..but please I plead you give me practical steps on how to treat this my problem..am a first year law student of unn...and I have punting issues....it's so baaadd...I don't read well.. please I need help... practical ones.. thanks
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Ofemmanutosure: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
cana882:
Rate of understanding, assimilation and retention.

Guess this is the only reasonable answer I've seen here so far �

8 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by elyte89: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Grace,hardwork...but most importantly...grace

Cos some 3rd class std too,burn night candles too cool

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by smokers: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
The secret is that they read smart and vast while sticking to a rigid timetable. unlike other students

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by dingbang(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
They read a lot

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ability to copy and paste verbatimly....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by dingbang(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
1Sharon:
They are good Christians.
can you imagine cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Vice Chancellor Of Mouau In EFCC Net Over 300 Million Scam / Susan Ojukwu Receives $90k USAID Donald M. Payne Dollars Fellowship Award / WAEC Releases Timetable For May/june 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.