Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (23099 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Vincent41(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2010
To God iam very very disappointed in nigerians players.
Look at a team that is going to win Argentine that has=milito,aguero, and many to be mentioned.
if wishes were horses i will denied ever being a nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Vincent41(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2010
To God iam very very disappointed in nigerians players.
Look at a team that is going to win Argentine that has=milito,aguero, and many to be mentioned.
if wishes were horses i will denied ever being a nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by sultan003(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2010
^^suit yourself

@Iyineda, Lagerback usually starts with 4-4-2, but toward the end of the match it changes to sumtin lyk 4-3-3.
Am suspecting that he is not going to use 4-4-2 against argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Ranoscky(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2010
@Vitimini

"SWEEDEN AS A COUNTRY IS 1 OF THE BEST 10 PLACES TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD ACCORDING TO WORLD EXPERTS"

and what has this rubbish gat to do with this topic?  undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Ranoscky(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2010
@vincent4, i hope say u no dey high on kparaga b4 droping such comment? no be tools wey u get u go take work?  angry

abi carpinter go live nail and harmmer go carry jack and wheel spanner?   shocked . . . shooow . . Aba na u oo.

if u say u wan deny nigeria, den hu d hell is stopin u from dat? . . . hustle go abroad go chop 'Aduro'

afterall naija no know say u dey exist!  undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 9:00am On May 31, 2010
Ranoscky:

@Vitimini

"SWEEDEN AS A COUNTRY IS 1 OF THE BEST 10 PLACES TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD ACCORDING TO WORLD EXPERTS"

and what has this rubbish gat to do with this topic? undecided

I wonder o!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by steroid: 9:04am On May 31, 2010
@vincent4 abeg make u no dey misyan, becos of football u wan change nationality.

in otherwords

an alien in your fathers land may God help you
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by semid4lyfe(m): 9:07am On May 31, 2010
Iyineda:

^ I'm sorry but I'm not convinced by Etuhu. I have watched various matches he has featured in this season with Fulham. I was far from impressed. Especially against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League final. He wins balls but doesn't know what to do with them. He has ZERO clairvoyance and lacks composure. He gives away the ball too easily. Oh, and he lacks speed man. Big time. Very sluggish.

Definitely not a starter as far as I'm concerned. Probably a guy you'll need if you are trying to defend a goal advantage in the 2nd half.

I tip Mikel and Haruna pair. Kaita impressed me today. And I was one of those who didn't even want him in the 30 man list. . .

Sanni Kaita is just impressing you? Jeez! Did you watch the Nations cup at all? That guy is the best DM since Sunday Oliseh. He's a battler, marks well, a ball winner, tireless &workaholic, shields the back four very well, breaks up opposing attacks and he does all these cleanly. Etuhu may play for Fulham but Sanni Kaita is heads, shoulder and feet better than him as a DM. I want to see a midfield trio of Mikel, Kaita and Haruna @ the world cup. Everything you posted about Etuhu is true. He' just not it. . .he shouldn't play the DM position ahead of Kaita. I hope Lagerback doesn't make this mistake cos it could be fatal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by semid4lyfe(m): 9:21am On May 31, 2010
My starting XI against Argentina will be: Vincent Enyeama, Dele Adeleye, Apam Onyekachi/Rabiu Afolabi, Elderson Echiejile, Chidi Odiah, Sanni Kaita, Mikel Obi, Lukman Haruna, Obinna Nsofor, Chinedu Obasi/Ikechukwu Uche, Osaze Odemwingie. They'll be playing a 4-3-1-2 formation. . .see below

Enyeama                      

Odiah  Adeleye  Apam  Echiejile

Mikel  Kaita  Haruna

Nsofor

Obasi/I. Uche          Osaze  

Now, I believe for Argentina to sustain any kind of intense pressure against us, they'll have to play like Barca does. . .that is depend on a close marking system in midfield, defend not too deep with wing backs constantly overlapping and set a lot of offside traps. Mikel, Haruna and Nsofor will become very useful in playing the kinda counter attacking football style I have in mind. . .Mikel for his long accurate passes (hope he doesn't dilly-dally on the ball too long) from defense to our striking duo of Obasi and Osaze/I. Uche while Haruna together with his main defensive midfield duties will serve as a ball carrier (since he's comfortable with running with the ball) outta defence and launch fast counter attacks. Obinna Nsofor will be the main ball carrier and offensive midfielder that day. This way we can catch the Argentine defence off-guard cos Otamendi and Heinze will be overlapping a lot. . . .Personally, I think Demichelis and Samuel are useless defenders so I rate the chances of Obasi/I. Uche & Osaze against them very high.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by manuch(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2010
it seems everybody  is so scared  of argentina .A team that struggled to qualify for the finals. they might have the players but they don't ve a team. so they dont scare me.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by sultan003(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2010
@semid4lyfe
Argentina defend very deep, the full backs dnt overlap at all, infact they are given strict instructions not to across the middle line.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by mrjingles(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2010
Haruna's temper though bad shows he is a competitive person who hates being second best (Rooney has the same issues)- the kind of spirit we need going to this WC. He just needs to channel his aggression properly.

Kaita is the most underrated player in the squad cos he is not too flashy and sticks to the job with calm assurance and he has shown he is versatile which is key for a WC.

Mikel should be given the exact same role he plays at chelsea we shd stop deceiving ourselves that he wld somehow switch from being a defensive lion to an attacking tiger at the drop of a hat. Kalu Uche shd pls go on holiday and Kanu shd be dropped but attend as an ambassador!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by medjai(m): 10:09am On May 31, 2010
@ semid4lyfe
u're very right. Kaita is the best player we have that can play the DM role very well.
Mikel, Kaita and Haruna will be a very good combination in our midfield.
Etuhu, wetin we go do this boy? We dont need another backpasser in the Super eagles.
Odiah was brilliant last night. I thought the brother was over. Anyways, the final 23 will be out by noon.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by VitiMini(m): 10:18am On May 31, 2010
@Mcgbola

Thanks for reading my post and no I'm not a publicist just a real fan of the Super Eagles like yourself.

meanwhile,

@Ranoscky & akyns

I also want to thank you both for your lack of comprehension, it makes my point all the more clear!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 10:20am On May 31, 2010
manuch:

it seems everybody  is so scared  of argentina .A team that struggled to qualify for the finals. they might have the players but they don't ve a team. so they dont scare me.
Abeg no mind dem. The Argies will also be scared of us.Are they not the same team that was battered 6-1 by ecuador.Argentina,bring it on!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 10:47am On May 31, 2010
A midfield combination of Mikel (deep lying),Sanni kaita (defensive) and Haruna lukman (offensive) will be ideal for d SE. Mikel and Etuhu are kinda similar in their style of play,but i'll alws start Mikel in my team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by danidon: 11:00am On May 31, 2010
The truth is that there are no more minnows in world football. After our Saudi match, i thought Spain will just take them to the cleaners but it was almost a two all draw. France managed to snatch an equaliser against Tunisia. Didier Drogba and co were two goals up but ended up their game against Paraguay 2-2. Which team is that exceptional. For now None of the teams looks complete. Remember Japan scored all the three goals in their match against England, though two were own goals.

Lets just wait till the game starts. its going to be an all comers affair.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by alldone(m): 11:13am On May 31, 2010
Eagle will improve on their game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by cooltobex(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2010
Nigeria put off a good showing. They played more as a team to me, and looked more confident on the ball with good passing, but lacked ideas the moment they entered the box.
I'll rate the performance: 5.5/10.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Ranoscky(m): 12:02pm On May 31, 2010
@vitimini go and take ur drugs.

@Danidon, u made a good point there. also imagine U.S beaten Turkey 2-1.

i believe 90 munites will judge our match against argentina and not the country that parades the best players!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by cashful(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2010
I really dont know why Nigerians are afraid of Argentina, all our games with them as always been a close one, 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, it wont be any difference this time around irrespective of the players that they parade.
we should be more worried of the so called lesser teams they do the most devastating damage eg Denmark at france 98(4-1)
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Kgdavid(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2010
the criticism of Etuhu shows that most on here have only a barely minimal ability to read the game. if Nigeria played anything reasonable today it is because of Etuhu and Haruna together. Etuhu was doing an incredible amount of ball winning and mopping up and his passes were great. you think we were stringin passes together by magic? Etuhu played a huge part in Nigeria's retention of the ball. Kaita has also impressed me. i know he has a good work rate but i never used to be a fan of his till yesterday when i saw another side of him. he actually has some technique but i still believe that Etuhu is the bette player. as someone said Etuhu is actually quite similar to Mikel except for the fact that he is much more aggressive and Mikel is probably a better passer. i think the defensive midfield role/s should be fought out between Etuhu, Mikel and Kaita while in attacking midfield it should be between K.Uche and Haruna. Kanu and Ayila should be axed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Sagamite(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by PurestBoy(m): 1:12pm On May 31, 2010
I hope Lukman Haruna of Boko Haram will not slap my Messi for me oo
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:23pm On May 31, 2010
Kgdavid:

the criticism of Etuhu shows that most on here have only a barely minimal ability to read the game. if Nigeria played anything reasonable today it is because of Etuhu and Haruna together. Etuhu was doing an incredible amount of ball winning and mopping up and his passes were great. you think we were stringin passes together by magic? Etuhu played a huge part in Nigeria's retention of the ball.  Kaita has also impressed me. i know he has a good work rate but i never used to be a fan of his till yesterday when i saw another side of him. he actually has some technique but i still believe that Etuhu is the bette player. as someone said Etuhu is actually quite similar to Mikel except for the fact that he is much more aggressive and Mikel is probably a better passer. i think the defensive midfield role/s should be fought out between Etuhu, Mikel and Kaita while in attacking midfield it should be between K.Uche and Haruna.  Kanu and Ayila should be axed.
Don't get it twisted. I'll be the first to admit Etuhu played well yesterday. . . .what I am saying is Sanni Kaita would have done better than Etuhu did had he been played in the Defensive Midfield position. Sanni Kaita is better than Dickson Etuhu in that Position. Forget Mikel. . .He can't play as our main holding player or  DM. . Mikel can't mark, is slow, lazy and lethargic. He can only be effective as a deep lying midfielder (for his pssing ability). . . something in the mould of Angelo Pirlo of AC Milan. . . that is playing ahead of a DM and just behind an offensive Midfielder. That way we harness all the strengths of our midfielders to our maximum advantage.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by sulad82i(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2010
PurestBoy:

I hope Lukman Haruna of Boko Haram will not slap my Messi for me oo

make he do before the match start so messi wont be able to play tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by shevalync: 1:55pm On May 31, 2010
why is everybody clamoring for lukman haruna as starter at the world cup,to me a very good player though but still need to work on his game technicality,he makes unnecessary tackles remember he got a red card at the last U20 tournament.agreed he is the only real offensive midfielder in the team but his inclusion in the starting 11 can be costly I think the midfield trio of kaita/ethu/ayila,mikel n uche kalu playing the ofensive should do.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Kgdavid(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Don't get it twisted. I'll be the first to admit Etuhu played well yesterday. . . .what I am saying is Sanni Kaita would have done better than Etuhu did had he been played in the Defensive Midfield position. Sanni Kaita is better than Dickson Etuhu in that Position. Forget Mikel. . .He can't play as our main holding player or DM. . Mikel can't mark, is slow, lazy and lethargic. He can only be effective as a deep lying midfielder (for his pssing ability). . . something in the mould of Angelo Pirlo of AC Milan. . . that is playing ahead of a DM and just behind an offensive Midfielder. That way we harness all the strengths of our midfielders to our maximum advantage.

i have been advocating for mikel to be Nigeria's deep lying play maker for quite a while but i believe he can play DM with a measue of success as proven by his role in the chelsea squad
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by tjadeba(m): 3:44pm On May 31, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Don't get it twisted. I'll be the first to admit Etuhu played well yesterday. . . .what I am saying is Sanni Kaita would have done better than Etuhu did had he been played in the Defensive Midfield position. Sanni Kaita is better than Dickson Etuhu in that Position. Forget Mikel. . .He can't play as our main holding player or  DM. . Mikel can't mark, is slow, lazy and lethargic. He can only be effective as a deep lying midfielder (for his pssing ability). . . something in the mould of Angelo Pirlo of AC Milan. . . that is playing ahead of a DM and just behind an offensive Midfielder. That way we harness all the strengths of our midfielders to our maximum advantage.
Am getting you twisted bruv, i will never be of the opinion that Kaita has more technicalities than Etuhu,as they are more intelligent than each other.You could see from yesterday's match that he is by far the best for NIgeria in that area.Do you wonder why he's Fulham's choice in that department?We all know the premiership does not thrive on sentiments,so he must be good to command that position week in week out.He clears the dirty mess,albeit technically.I really did not see where he was lethargic in yesterday's match as he was up and doing thru the duration of the match and so he does for club and country.Yesterday's match wasnt only about Etuhu,but that department is a vital one in modern football and am happy that we have someone to do it for us,thats why i have singled out Etuhu.Take it or not,we really dont have problems in the attacking department cos our best are the ones there presently, talking about Martins,Anichebe,Osaze,Obinna,Yak, they are the best Nigeria can produce at the moment.what we should worry about now is the midfield particularly in the attacking side of it.Trust if we have good midfielders,out strikers will perform.Our central defenders are the best crop the country can produce at the moment and they arent bad at the moment especially with the inclusion of Adeleye.But Taiwo is a suspect at the left.he runs upfront unable to recover in time and his markins are poor so also his crosses from the left flank was nothing to write home, but he could be worked up, But all in all,they played well as a team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Marlbron: 4:36pm On May 31, 2010
I felt they had a shape yesterday. This is what you get when you are properly managed by a proper manager. However, they still kinda slow for me. The Argies are not going to give them much time on the ball. The defence has still not jelled. Taiwo is always caught out of position. I cannot have him as a starter there. They still need to focus on shooting, which is a problem for African teams and is always the difference between them and the Europeans. They need to focus on set pieces too. We should really judge them with their last friendly against N. Korea.

On attack, there was little intelligence, just a bunch of guys with poor control and poor shooting skills. The coach needs to make them bite, not bark around the last 3rd. The drug boys looked more threatening at the final third. My team for now:

Enyeama

Odiah Apam/Adeleye Shittu/Apam Echiejile

Mikel/Etuhu Kaita

Haruna

Osaze Nsofor

I. Uche

4-5-1

We can convert to 4-3-3 when looking for goals!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by snakova(m): 4:58pm On May 31, 2010
A good game for the SE. Lets hope there are no suprises in the final 23.
@Marlbron
need some changes in your team and considering Lagerback prefers a 4-2-2 rather than a 4-5-1, proposing its variant would be more likely
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Prodigalangel(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2010
We might nt have da best players, but i believe so much in da super eagles. Im optimistic we re comin outta dat group. GO GO SUPER EAGLES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Today’s Nigeria Vs SA Match Is Like The Final For Me, My Heart Is Not At Rest / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.