Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury (55259 Views)

Guinea Disqualified From FIFA U-17 World Cup Over Age Cheating / 2018 World Cup: Over 20,000 Parisians Celebrates France’s March To The Final / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by sirlekzy: 5:09pm On May 27, 2018
BY @LEKZYLOADED | Follow Us For More Updates

Super Eagles attacker, Moses Simon has been ruled out of the 2018 world cup after he sustained an injury.

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, is now left with 29 players from which to select his team for the 2018 World Cup, after Moses Simon was ruled out of the tournament as a result of an injury.

Simon, who plays for Belgian Jupiler League side, Gent, will not feature in Monday’s friendly against the Democratic Republic of Congo, DRC, nor the subsequent game against England on June 2.

Rohr confirmed the development to news reports in Port Harcourt. He said;

“IT IS UNFORTUNATE MOSES SIMON WILL NOT BE TRAVELLING WITH THE TEAM ON TUESDAY BECAUSE HE IS DOWN WITH AN INJURY.

“THE NATURE OF HIS INJURY IS SUCH THAT HE WON’T BE RECOVERING QUICKLY ENOUGH TO MAKE THE WORLD CUP,”

Meanwhile, the German coach is set to drop four more players from the squad after the game against DR Congo.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria will receive a whopping $24 million as winning bonus if they come top at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick says. He said;

“I DON’T PUT PLAYERS UNDER PRESSURE. PRESSURE CAN BE PUT ON THEM UNCONSCIOUSLY BECAUSE WE ARE CREATING ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR THEM.

“IF FOR EXAMPLE WE DON’T HAVE MONEY TO PREPARE THEM, THEY CAN NOW RELAX BUT NOW, WE HAVE GIVEN THEM EVERYTHING UPFRONT AND THEY SHOULD DELIVER.

“IF TODAY THEY GET TO THE FINAL, THE WORLD CUP MONEY WILL BE SHARED 50-50 BETWEEN THE TEAM AND THE NFF.

“WINNING THE FINAL IS 48 MILLION DOLLARS, IT MEANS THE TEAM WILL GET 24 MILLION DOLLARS AND THE FOOTBALL HOUSE WILL TAKE THE REMAINING 24 MILLION DOLLARS,”

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com.ng/sport/breaking-moses-ruled-out-of-2018-world-cup

1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 27, 2018
No problem, as long as it is not the main Moses you are talking about. We are still good to go, especially knowing we may not go beyond the group stage. You don't give what you don't have.

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by donvicky2007: 5:28pm On May 27, 2018
So, can they add Nwakali to replace him?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Jirate(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2018
kaorama:
No problem, as long as it is not the main Moses you are talking about. We are still good to go, especially knowing we may not go beyond the group stage. You don't give what you don't have.

grin grin grin grin

You Mean This Moses.......... Blues All The Way Up. wink

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by hisgrace090: 5:54pm On May 27, 2018
Wish him quick recovery.

And all through victory to our super eagles.

4 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by yinkeys(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2018
This is bad.
Moses Simon, Etebo are really good players.
Wishing him quick recovery

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by CoolFreeday(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2018
That's bad, why now?

3 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Odedenshi1(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2018
This is not a good development, if it is confirmed. Moses Simon is a good winger and would have given Rohr options on the flank. Apart from Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, and Ahmed Musa who is trying to get back to form after a disastrous time with Leicester, I do not see a more reliable replacement for Simon.

The Eagles need it's best players for this tournament. This is the World Cup the biggest tournament globally.

#SAD

22 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
kaorama:

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Skylandielts: 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
Ok ooo
Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by 01mcfadden(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
For a time, I thought it was Victor Moses o

17 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by prigoz(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
We shall miss him, one of serious men in the team. I wish you quick recovery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Newpride(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
Why did the mod wanna confuse me shocked

When I read Moses, I tot it was victor moses until I opened the tread. shocked

15 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by nicholartsdesign: 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
I was scared I tot it was our own sallah

19 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Quoran: 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
For a moment, I thought it was Victor Moses ! Get well soon, Moses Simon.

8 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
Pls put Simon Moses in topic o.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by realmindz: 8:15pm On May 27, 2018
I thought it was Victor Moses...pls don't give us heart attack

18 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Nwakali village people grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Una wan cause confusion, abi?

Just to add five letter S.I.M.O.N hard you so tay you wan confuse us?

There is more than one Moses in the squad, haba!

Differentiate una no fit.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by dhabrite(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Massive loss for the Super Eagles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by dhamstar(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Nothing to worry about... Super Eagles won't miss him much....

CHECK MY SIGNATURE....
Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Hemanwel(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by DoTheNeedful: 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
Thunder fire the op for this shitty click bait. The only Moses we know in Nigerian football is Victor Moses.

21 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 27, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
Una wan cause confusion, abi?

Just to add five letter S.I.M.O.N hard you so tay you wan confuse us?

There is more than one Moses in the squad, haba!

Differentiate una no fit.

It was a traffic bait.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 27, 2018
grin

9 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Pentools(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2018
sirlekzy:
BY @LEKZYLOADED | Follow Us For More Updates

Super Eagles attacker, Moses Simon has been ruled out of the 2018 world cup after he sustained an injury.

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, is now left with 29 players from which to select his team for the 2018 World Cup, after Moses Simon was ruled out of the tournament as a result of an injury.

Simon, who plays for Belgian Jupiler League side, Gent, will not feature in Monday’s friendly against the Democratic Republic of Congo, DRC, nor the subsequent game against England on June 2.

Rohr confirmed the development to news reports in Port Harcourt. He said;

“IT IS UNFORTUNATE MOSES SIMON WILL NOT BE TRAVELLING WITH THE TEAM ON TUESDAY BECAUSE HE IS DOWN WITH AN INJURY.

“THE NATURE OF HIS INJURY IS SUCH THAT HE WON’T BE RECOVERING QUICKLY ENOUGH TO MAKE THE WORLD CUP,”

Meanwhile, the German coach is set to drop four more players from the squad after the game against DR Congo.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria will receive a whopping $24 million as winning bonus if they come top at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick says. He said;

“I DON’T PUT PLAYERS UNDER PRESSURE. PRESSURE CAN BE PUT ON THEM UNCONSCIOUSLY BECAUSE WE ARE CREATING ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR THEM.

“IF FOR EXAMPLE WE DON’T HAVE MONEY TO PREPARE THEM, THEY CAN NOW RELAX BUT NOW, WE HAVE GIVEN THEM EVERYTHING UPFRONT AND THEY SHOULD DELIVER.

“IF TODAY THEY GET TO THE FINAL, THE WORLD CUP MONEY WILL BE SHARED 50-50 BETWEEN THE TEAM AND THE NFF.

“WINNING THE FINAL IS 48 MILLION DOLLARS, IT MEANS THE TEAM WILL GET 24 MILLION DOLLARS AND THE FOOTBALL HOUSE WILL TAKE THE REMAINING 24 MILLION DOLLARS,”

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com.ng/sport/breaking-moses-ruled-out-of-2018-world-cup

What a brilliant blogger...
The guy just wrote "Moses" all to lure unsuspecting visitors into viewing the post out of quest to know if victor moses was the one in question.

More cells to ur braincells OP.

8 Likes 3 Shares

The guy is an asset to the team though. He did the cross rhat Iwobi converted for the goal vs Zambia.

1 Like

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by BlackHatNaija: 8:18pm On May 27, 2018
This is the period players going to the world cup should never sustain any form of injury or else their dream is shattered.
Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2018
Jarus:

It was a traffic bait.

No mind dem!

Disambiguation is a core component of effective communication, but bloggers have to deliberately ignore the rule to drive traffic?

Some people may even stop visiting the blog because of rubbish like this.

Oga Jarus, how are things?
Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by adebrave1(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2018
I thought it was Victor Moses oh, I was very unhappy seeing the headline. I was scared oh

2 Likes

Re: Moses Ruled Out Of 2018 World Cup Over Injury by bqlekan(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2018
That electrifying winger.... Chai,

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Mobbed By His Fans Making Him Visibly Angry (pics/video) / Joe Day's Wife Goes Into Labour, As He Races Off Pitch / Nairalanders, See What This Chelsea Fan Did To This Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.