Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Agronomist Or Farm Manager - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agronomist Or Farm Manager (421 Views)

Do You Need A Carton To Package Your Agro, Poultry, Or Farm Products? / How To Register Your Business Or Farm With CAC / Cover Your Poultry Or Farm With Our Affordable Solar CCTV Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agronomist Or Farm Manager by patricktoks(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2018
I'm in a situation at the moment in which I don't know what to do... Currently I have two jobs on the table an agronomist or a farm manager in poultry farm and don't know which one will be okay to settle with. Anyone with the idea of the jobs can please enlighten me
Re: Agronomist Or Farm Manager by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 27, 2018
If your employment goal is for the long time, then you should assess the two companies/operations and then determine which is the most stable or the one likely to go out of business in a snap. That is: which of the two organizations can potentially go out of business very easily? Which is likely to be in business for a long time?

Can the poultry farm survive a period of feed shortage or disease outbreak for instance? Is the farm diversified into other agro-allied ventures or is it just broiler and/or layer operation only? How long has the farm been in business? The answer to these questions should determine whether to accept the Poultry Farm Manager position.

For the Agronomist position, perform the same background analysis. What exactly will you be doing there, find this out. Is it possible that, though your official title is Agronomist, you may just end up doing administrative work (remember this is Nigeria)? More so, what type of organization will you be working at and how important (or dispensable) is your job position? Your answers should guide you into choosing the job that will, hopefully, offer you long term employment with opportunities for career growth.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Agronomist Or Farm Manager by jethro2: 6:07am On May 28, 2018
patricktoks:
I'm in a situation at the moment in which I don't know what to do... Currently I have two jobs on the table an agronomist or a farm manager in poultry farm and don't know which one will be okay to settle with. Anyone with the idea of the jobs can please enlighten me

agronomy has to do with soil science
Everything that involves managing the soil to bring out good fruits etc

Farm manager take care of the day to day activities of the farm
Farm manager supervisor every aspect of the farm activities to produce profitably for the farm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Layers Poultry Farm / Dried Ginger For Sale / Zero Grazing Will End Farmers-herders Crisis In Nigeria – Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.