Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Mentor Thought Me How To Take Control Of My Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Mentor Thought Me How To Take Control Of My Life (378 Views)

7 Things I Learnt From My Mentor / 7 Things I Learnt From My Mentor / I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Mentor Thought Me How To Take Control Of My Life by purem(m): 6:29am On May 28, 2018
Take back ownership of yourself. This is much easier said than done since this involves extricating yourself from a relationship where you’ve really been a passive participant. There may be a lot of protest and challenges from others who like things just the way they are and wish to keep the status quo. You may have to put up with this for a while before you learn to stand your ground. But before you can fully take your life back you may need to acknowledge regret for time lost. The only way to move forward is to acknowledge what has happened to you—how you got there, and what you need to do that’s different from what you’ve done so far.

Although you may mourn the past and the fact that perhaps you should have taken charge of your own destiny years ago, it’s essential to recognize, acknowledge, and accept that you have been responsible in part for the life you find yourself in, since you have not been fully present for yourself. You need to begin to identify and shift your attention to your own needs and goals. From a practical perspective, prioritize what’s most important to you, regardless of what others think and feel about it.

(1) (Reply)

An Accounting Student Urgently In Need Of A Place For Industrial Training / Writing A Novel? Read This First / Ways To Make Money Without Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.