Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Student Creates Gun That Turns Tears Into Bullets - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Student Creates Gun That Turns Tears Into Bullets (445 Views)

The Sex Position That Turns You On Most, Based On Your Zodiac Sign / Charles Okocha Survived 6 Bullets In 2015, Shows Scars (photos) / Ladies Name One Thing Men Do That Turns You Off But They Think It's A Turn On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Creates Gun That Turns Tears Into Bullets by Ivorianaija(f): 3:40pm On May 28, 2018
Just when you thought you’ve seen enough innovative inventions, a design graduate in the Netherlands has created a gun that actually turns your tears into bullets. Shown off at Dutch Design Week, it works by collecting your tears as you cry, which then trickle down the brass tubes into the main body of the gun, where they are frozen into bullets by a small bottle of dry ice.

Designer Yi-Fei Chen reportedly created the gun after an "altercation" with her tutor, according to Dezeen. Chen says she created the gun as a "visual metaphor" for her struggle to speak her mind, rather than as a deadly weapon for people who are out of tissues.

Chen studied in the Netherlands and found it difficult to come out and disagree with her tutors. Disagreeing with tutors and questioning is expected in the Netherlands, but having been raised in Taiwan she didn't feel comfortable doing this. As a result, when her tutor set her what she considered an unreasonable deadline and then admonished her when she failed to produce work for this deadline, Chen was upset.
"I was too emotional to control myself, I could not hold my tears so I cried," she told Dezeen. "I turned my back to the others, because I did not want people to see me crying."

After the incident she had the idea for her tear gun and began working on it, completing it in time for Dutch Design Week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Creates Gun That Turns Tears Into Bullets by thesicilian: 3:41pm On May 28, 2018
As if we don't have enough evil in the world already.

1 Like

Re: Student Creates Gun That Turns Tears Into Bullets by braunstrowman: 4:18pm On May 28, 2018
Is use for killing or for what?

(1) (Reply)

Its Getting Sweeter With This Sexy Innovation COME IN!!!!!!!!!! / World Cup: Join Nairaland World Cup Fantasy League / Are You Too Close?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.