Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn (35055 Views)

Port Harcourt To Host Super Eagles Vs Congo Match As Wike Hosts Pinnick & Rohr / Aftermath Of Chelsea Vs Manchester United : 7 Funny Memes / Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Muhylonaire(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2018
The only lesson learnt was that.... Nigeria should forget that world cup, we can't have high profile players and our home base will be playing better than the abroad based players.. Its very disappointing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 28, 2018
Watched the match live wat i learnt: LOVE CAN LEAD U ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON. They are not perfect, but the love for football made them who they are 2day....
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Pentools(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2018
Thank God I no waste my zee world time on that match of a thing, on the sight of the field of play, the poor screenplay, outdated video/camera quality and lack of professionalism from the person handling the camera, I got discouraged right away not to talk of the poor commentary...

Take super eagles seriously at this world cup at ur own detriment.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Mikeross62: 9:59pm On May 28, 2018
They really need to up their game,to stand a chance in this coming world cup

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by j21o: 10:00pm On May 28, 2018
Who noticed the officials maintaining unnecessary distance with the DR Congo team during the line-ups?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by samyyoung1(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2018
At least, we wld beat Saudi Arabia in d semi final, den we shld draw n win on penalty with Peru to bring d cup home

Up eagles

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by UTEWUOJO: 10:05pm On May 28, 2018
Chevronstaff:
2.Port Harcourt Stadium is a big mess
This pitch is not good enough to play principal’s cup talkless of an international match between Nigeria and DR Congo
I just couldn't help but notice that the referee and the other match officials were consciously avoiding body contact with the DR Congo players. grin
What about the handshakes that they exchanged?
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Opinionated: 10:19pm On May 28, 2018
I don't know but look at the list of highest goal scorers in completed seasons of the NPFL.

Highest Goal Scorer in Nigeria Premier League: 1990 – 2017
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 28, 2018
Nnaemiemax:
To be honest..

Success is very very predictable, and this team is very far from it!

Using the just concluded UCL final as a case study, and excluding sentiments as regards Ramos' well planned damaging tackle on Salah, any logically sound football lover could easily tip Real Madrid to secure victory.

They simply had a better fleet of exceptional players, well grounded team with hands on experience, and a world class frontier in Zidane..

FYI, cristiano haven't scored since the semi's and they were still able to comfortably secure victory, and win the final.

Whoever is hoping for this joke of a team to pull a magical feat in the Russia is setting up a bed of thorns for themselves.

Honestly, I really dont know why people pass around biases in the name of football analyses.

I don't see Nigeria coming out of that group but this is one thing I want to be wrong on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by AngelicBeing: 10:23pm On May 28, 2018
ehbellsho:

and wat is d lesson here? dat we too shud start keeping?
Chai, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Tolams16(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2018
Chevronstaff:
4.Without Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel, I don't think this Super Eagles can Fly.
Lack of a clear creative player outside Mikel Obi and Victor Moses will be a challenge for the Super Eagles going forward...
Without John Mikel Obi playing, there's no leader in the Nigeria team - none who can dictate the play especially from the midfield.
Olodo what of alex iwobi, ahmed musa, ighalo
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by joshmee4real(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2018
After all these lesson, Me I have a question Hw old is that keeper again

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 28, 2018
Chevronstaff:
1.Nigerian goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho had a wonderful game
Uzoho displayed an array of goalkeeping assets. Unflappable,solid grip, quick off his line, decent shot stopping and most importantly, a real sense of calm. He is probably where Enyeama was at Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup & see the great career that kickstarted?
HE WAS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER FOR THE NIGERIAN SIDE

Cc : Lalasticlala , Jarus

Ebola is the only possible outcome.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2018
Orpe7:
Number lesson
Stop playing on a whack pitch
Why dem no dey come lagos play sef
Even Enugu pitch better pass that nonsense
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2018
joshmee4real:
After all these lesson, Me I have a question
Hw old is that keeper again
Lwkm them talk say na 19yrs o. Even Onazi sef is 25yrs. I die
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by joshmee4real(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2018
Jointhemiltons2:
Lwkm them talk say na 19yrs o. Even Onazi sef is 25yrs. I die
lolz
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by ahamonyeka(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2018
BankManager:
Positive

*Oyinbo wall is always effective *Uzoho MOTM for me *Troost is a future leader and captain
Negative
*Iheanacho is fuming or should i say was a minus *Onazi lacks creativity & leadership spirit in MF *Etebo should go home please *Joel commits too many foul
onazi should go home instead.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by ahamonyeka(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2018
BankManager:
Positive

*Oyinbo wall is always effective *Uzoho MOTM for me *Troost is a future leader and captain
Negative
*Iheanacho is fuming or should i say was a minus *Onazi lacks creativity & leadership spirit in MF *Etebo should go home please *Joel commits too many foul
onazi should go home instead.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by SexytorresE(f): 10:57pm On May 28, 2018
BankManager:
And as usual, our commentary is horrible. I had to mute the TV for the match to be watchable. grin
lol savage cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by ahamonyeka(m): 10:57pm On May 28, 2018
echiejile and onazi should please go home now don't want to see them against England.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by antidisestablis: 11:00pm On May 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:
So we couldn't beat ordinary Congo.
Smh.
We can't pass group stage. No be curse.
Check the record very well, we always play draw with DR Congo

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Dollabiz: 11:09pm On May 28, 2018
hmmm
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by hotspec(m): 11:16pm On May 28, 2018
ehbellsho:

Guy, u wicked o. see technical knockout finishing. im laffing out so loud dt I even forgot its almost midnight
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by HeyCorleone(m): 11:23pm On May 28, 2018
antidisestablis:
Check the record very well, we always play draw with DR Congo
Check the record well. We have never advanced far in the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Balyz: 11:24pm On May 28, 2018
Nosgidi:
The Nigeria national anthem was echoed by all and sundry inside the stadium.. grin. Beautiful!
We need this kind of unity in this country! wink
Thank God there were no IPOB miscreants in the crowd
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by ogbiwa: 11:25pm On May 28, 2018
Chevronstaff:
3.Onazi shouldn't be starting for us in a World Cup game.
Onazi's place in this team is highly questionable... Unnecessary fouls, can't pass, zero control of the ball and poor leadership skills..
Player Rating: 5/10

I didn't need to watch the game to know this would be the outcome. I've long said that 2014 world cup should've been this guy's last appearance for the national team. The only thing they said he brings to our midfield which is solidity, I can't remember the last time he did that. Moreover we have a MF in Ndidi who offers that but is more solid, less prone to mistakes and unnecessary fouls. No single creativity. These days all I see from Onazi are rugby tackles as a way to justify his inclusion in the team, as if that is in vogue. When a MF can no longer play that's what he resorts to. Why he's going to Russia and the Nwakali's aren't is beyond me

6 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by LukeLook: 11:25pm On May 28, 2018
Chevronstaff:
1.Nigerian goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho had a wonderful game
Uzoho displayed an array of goalkeeping assets. Unflappable,solid grip, quick off his line, decent shot stopping and most importantly, a real sense of calm. He is probably where Enyeama was at Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup & see the great career that kickstarted?
HE WAS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER FOR THE NIGERIAN SIDE

Cc : Lalasticlala , Jarus
pray no penalties

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by BankManager(m): 11:34pm On May 28, 2018
ogbiwa:

I didn't need to watch the game to know this would be the outcome. I've long said that 2014 world cup should've been this guy's last appearance for the national team. The only thing they said he brings to our midfield which is solidity, I can't remember the last time he did that. Moreover we have a MF in Ndidi who offers that but is more solid, less prone to mistakes and unnecessary fouls. No single creativity. These days all I see from Onazi are rugby tackles as a way to justify his inclusion in the team, as if that is in vogue. When a MF can no longer play that's what he resorts to. Why he's going to Russia and the Nwakali's aren't is beyond me
U nailed it bro..!!!!! True talk
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by antidisestablis: 11:58pm On May 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

grin
HeyCorleone:

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Nobody: 1:37am On May 29, 2018
ehbellsho:

Bros ya maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by quickly: 1:43am On May 29, 2018
Rohr will be stupid not to add Nwakali now that Moses Simon is injured
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by tporsche(m): 4:28am On May 29, 2018
[quote author=Nnaemiem

GBAM
I Rise...COUrT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success is very very predictable, and this team is very far from it!

Using the just concluded UCL final as a case study, and excluding sentiments as regards Ramos' well planned damaging tackle on Salah, any logically sound football lover could easily tip Real Madrid to secure victory.

They simply had a better fleet of exceptional players, well grounded team with hands on experience, and a world class frontier in Zidane..

FYI, cristiano haven't scored since the semi's and they were still able to comfortably secure victory, and win the final.

Whoever is hoping for this joke of a team to pull a magical feat in the Russia is setting up a bed of thorns for themselves.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Now Fit, Trains With Super Eagles / Super Eagles Warm Up Session Before Togo Match (Photos) / I Won’t Represent Nigeria Again – Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.