Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn (35054 Views)

Port Harcourt To Host Super Eagles Vs Congo Match As Wike Hosts Pinnick & Rohr / Aftermath Of Chelsea Vs Manchester United : 7 Funny Memes / Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Aystarz: 5:09am On May 29, 2018
Chevronstaff:
1.Nigerian goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho had a wonderful game
Uzoho displayed an array of goalkeeping assets. Unflappable,solid grip, quick off his line, decent shot stopping and most importantly, a real sense of calm. He is probably where Enyeama was at Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup & see the great career that kickstarted?
HE WAS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER FOR THE NIGERIAN SIDE

Cc : Lalasticlala , Jarus

Why can't you be original for a change? Those superlatives were the exact ones used by Biola Kazeem to qualify Uzoho's performance on Twitter. Haba mana.
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by janga02(m): 5:23am On May 29, 2018
Nnaemiemax:
To be honest..

Success is very very predictable, and this team is very far from it!

Using the just concluded UCL final as a case study, and excluding sentiments as regards Ramos' well planned damaging tackle on Salah, any logically sound football lover could easily tip Real Madrid to secure victory.

They simply had a better fleet of exceptional players, well grounded team with hands on experience, and a world class frontier in Zidane..

FYI, cristiano haven't scored since the semi's and they were still able to comfortably secure victory, and win the final.

Whoever is hoping for this joke of a team to pull a magical feat in the Russia is setting up a bed of thorns for themselves.

National team is different from club football, I could remember Croatia and Paraguay in France-98.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by MrBONE2(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2018
Chevronstaff:
2.Port Harcourt Stadium is a big mess
This pitch is not good enough to play principal’s cup talkless of an international match between Nigeria and DR Congo
I just couldn't help but notice that the referee and the other match officials were consciously avoiding body contact with the DR Congo players. grin

EBOLA thing grin

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Holymann(m): 7:16am On May 29, 2018
BankManager:
And as usual, our commentary is horrible. I had to mute the TV for the match to be watchable. grin

"The boy is a YOUNG teenager" cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by DonMekino(m): 7:20am On May 29, 2018
BankManager:
And as usual, our commentary is horrible. I had to mute the TV for the match to be watchable. grin
I listened to commentaries on 1970 world cup on gotv world cup channel...truly these ppl are way way light years ahead of us....this is 2018 and our commentators continue to talk rubbish....

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by IAmAmbrose(m): 8:03am On May 29, 2018
Orpe7:
Number lesson Stop playing on a whack pitch Why dem no dey come lagos play sef

so that when they play shot ball boys wee go and pick the ball from dustbin
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by IAmAmbrose(m): 8:06am On May 29, 2018
Aystarz:

Why can't you be original for a change? Those superlatives were the exact ones used by Biola Kazeem to qualify Uzoho's performance on Twitter. Haba mana.

is it your copy? Is it not his copy? So someone cannurse copy ui peace in this country
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by cardoctor(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2018
Noted
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Horus(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2018
j21o:
Who noticed the officials maintaining unnecessary distance with the DR Congo team during the line-ups?

The officials are cautious in case of ebola virus
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Wantedmiller: 8:42am On May 29, 2018
Chevronstaff:
4.Without Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel, I don't think this Super Eagles can Fly.
Lack of a clear creative player outside Mikel Obi and Victor Moses will be a challenge for the Super Eagles going forward...
Without John Mikel Obi playing, there's no leader in the Nigeria team - none who can dictate the play especially from the midfield.

with this analysis..... a Chelsea fan is involved.

quote me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by BankManager(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2018
That Port Harcourt stadium pitch is ugly sha. Imagine a player scores and does that knee-slide celebratory thing European players do. Na rake dem go use pack him flesh.... grin
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by samplanner(m): 10:28am On May 29, 2018
Genot Rohr is not a good coach, i said it many times and i will say it again, he doesnt make the right selection in an important matches. If he didn't make the below squad as his starting lineup at the WCup then something will be wrong.

IGHALO

MOSES IWOBI MUSA

MIKEL NDIDI

AINA EKONG BALOGUN SHEHU/EBUEHI

UZOHO/EZENWA

NOTE:
ONAZI, ECHIEJILE, IHEANACHO, should all be on the bench. Musa is a must-start because he is in good form and he has world cup experience.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Orpe7(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2018
IAmAmbrose:

so that when they play shot ball boys wee go and pick the ball from dustbin

For your mind
Na so National Stadium Lagos be abi
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by kinibigdil: 11:27am On May 29, 2018
BankManager:
Positive

*Oyinbo wall is always effective
*Uzoho MOTM for me
*Troost is a future leader and captain

Negative

*Iheanacho is fuming or should i say was a minus
*Onazi lacks creativity & leadership spirit in MF
*Etebo should go home please
*Joel commits too many foul
I agree with you, except that Etebo was second best player after the keeper for Naija, DRC players were better on the day
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Dopeluiz(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2018
Tokziby:
Lesson learnt:
-the midfield was dead due to lack of creativity and control of the game.
-Etobo played on the wrong side of the pitch
-Echiejile should never ever make the final list, he's rusty and didn't feature much this season for a second division team.
- lokosa is as good as sitting at home with onazi
-the oyinbo wall still don't have enough confidence to knock the ball around for a build up.
-Simy showed he could be a thorn in the flesh for defender with his physical prowess despite not having enough supplies from the midfield.
-iwobi changed the game when he came in and showed why he's a starter at Arsenal.
-Ola Aina didn't prove to be worthy of the left back, though he's good going forward but bad for his primary role.
- Iheanacho was being too complacent with faulty passes and lack of motivation. He's still w good player despite having a bad game.
-These last two Friendlies should have been played before the provisional team release cos a combination of Mikel, kelechi nwakali and Ndidi would be a joy to watch cos of their creativity, ball holding prowess and their confidence on the ball. It will also be nice to have chidiebere nwakali, Etebo, John ogbu as subs in the midfield.
In the attack nothing much cos our midfielders failed to show up by creating chances.
u shud become a coach
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by kinibigdil: 11:32am On May 29, 2018
BankManager:
Same here LOL
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 29, 2018
Nnaemiemax:
To be honest..

Success is very very predictable, and this team is very far from it!

Using the just concluded UCL final as a case study, and excluding sentiments as regards Ramos' well planned damaging tackle on Salah, any logically sound football lover could easily tip Real Madrid to secure victory.

They simply had a better fleet of exceptional players, well grounded team with hands on experience, and a world class frontier in Zidane..

FYI, cristiano haven't scored since the semi's and they were still able to comfortably secure victory, and win the final.

Whoever is hoping for this joke of a team to pull a magical feat in the Russia is setting up a bed of thorns for themselves.

Shey the penalty he scored against Juve isn't a goal abi?? Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by IAmAmbrose(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2018
Orpe7:

For your mind Na so National Stadium Lagos be abi
naso e b o
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by IAmAmbrose(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2018
Orpe7:

For your mind Na so National Stadium Lagos be abi
naso e b o
Re: Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn by colonist(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2018
I think the coach is trying out the players with the worst pairing situations and also to build the confidence of some players....
hopefully we would see a better selection at the World Cup.
just like if Liverpool had trained without Salah... they could have survived that game...
I believe it was a fair game without using the standard selection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Now Fit, Trains With Super Eagles / Super Eagles Warm Up Session Before Togo Match (Photos) / I Won’t Represent Nigeria Again – Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.