Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,654 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos (42442 Views)

Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Nobody: 12:52am On May 29, 2018
Earthbound:

Is this for real?
At government hospitals?
What anti venoms are available? I know you need to treat a snake bite with anti venom made from that very snake..
Are they available nationwide?

I'd hate to die from a snake bite Na why I dey ask.

yes it's available in most secondary and tertiary hospitals. the anti venom available is for general snake bites from common species endemic to West Africa. the specific ones are also available too but not readily stocked, cause most people aren't really sure about the snake that bit them.

1 Like

Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Nobody: 1:30am On May 29, 2018
veeklin:

yes it's available in most secondary and tertiary hospitals. the anti venom available is for general snake bites from common species endemic to West Africa. the specific ones are also available too but not readily stocked, cause most people aren't really sure about the snake that bit them.
This is true. We need to educate people. Especially those in the rural areas. An average Australian can identify a lot of snakes native to their ecosystem. This boy shouldn't have died. It's really sad.
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Jackbell17: 3:04am On May 29, 2018
Journalist without journalism. How could you have neglected investigative journalism to become a judge of hospital management you never met and the helpless bereaved you could not help? Poor author without true identify is a scam.
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by ashjay001(m): 3:17am On May 29, 2018
NwaChibuzor100:
That boy is not strong at all. Firstly how snakr go bite you and you no go fit open your mouth say na wetin do you be this. To the extent of waiting about 24hrs and still kept shut. The boy in that pics should even be about 5 yrs old. When we were of his age we were taught how to counter snake venom and it worked for me severally in my fathers farm then. You pick up the snake that bit you, cut of the head with your mouth , chew it and swallow it. There are some enzymes in the saliva that mixes with the snake's jacobsens organ and the remaining venom in that head. This reaction creates another reaction in the gastric acid of the GIT which in turn formulates to form an anti venom. The boy Bleep up mehn. If baba God secretary ask am wetin send am come, how e go fit talk say na snake send am go yonder.

RIP son.

For those insulting me I will still blame the poor boy for his demise in this world or the next.
If you followed the story well his parents even asked him what was wrong but he chose to keep quiet. Even a 3 yrs old will be sharp enough to utter snake. The boy kept shut, the snake venom was slow to act which meant he had all the time in the world to make a survival

That small boy, withstood a snake bite for over 24hrs!?shocked And, u av d effrontery to blame him, not d supposed medical professionals, who were supposed to save his life! I go burn down that hospital! That's if I wait for their mumu to sha

1 Like

Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by dominique(f): 5:21am On May 29, 2018
ashjay001:

That small boy, withstood a snake bite for over 24hrs!?shocked And, u av d effrontery to blame him, not d supposed medical professionals, who were supposed to save his life! I go burn down that hospital! That's if I wait for their mumu to sha

I blame him too. If only he had called for help the moment he got bitten, his condition would not have deteriorated to that stage. 24 hours is more than enough time for the venom to circulate round his entire system and cause irreparable damage to his organs. It's very convenient of you Nigerians to blame hospitals and doctors all the time. You bring in a patient hanging onto life by a very thin thread yet you expect the doctors to perform some sort of magic. I doubt if a world class hospital in a first world country would have been able to revive him. Anti venom can only neutralize the effects of venom in the blood stream, it can't repair damaged organs. I doubt if even a hospital in a first world country will be ableto salvage the situation.
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Nobody: 5:30am On May 29, 2018
dominique:

I blame him too. If only he had called for help the moment he got bitten, his condition would not have deteriorated to that stage. 24 hours is more than enough time for the venom to circulate round his entire system and cause irreparable damage to his organs. It's very convenient of you Nigerians to blame hospitals and doctors all the time. You bring in a patient hanging onto life by a very thin thread yet you expect the doctors to perform some sort of magic. I doubt if a world class hospital in a first world country would have been able to revive him. Anti venom can only neutralize the effects of venom in the blood stream, it can't repair damaged organs. I doubt if even a hospital in a first world country will be ableto salvage the situation.

yes anti venom can't repair any damaged organs, it will only stop any further damage from occurring. But we all know that Nigerian doctors don't respond promptly in cases of emergency.....also giving one excuse or the other until the patient dies away. unlike abroad were patients are promptly attended to. even if all hands are filled up, they find a way of suspending treatment on a patients that is stabilized to attend to one that is dieing.....

1 Like

Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by ashjay001(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2018
dominique:

No vex. But, those other doctors, won't abandon him, to his fate. Even to sedate him, our own no even gree look am.

Look at that boy, are u sure he understood d consequences of snake bite? Do u know, how long he had to describe, before they realised he was bitten by a snake?

I watch a lot of YouTube videos n I'm amazed at d level of development of this foreign kids. My 6yr old can't compete favourably with some of d 4yr olds I view. I'm talking, as a father that is aware of this gap n tryna do something abt it!
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by sapeleboi(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2018
they finally sent snake to kill him cry
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Horus(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2018
Cutehector:
Nigerian hospitals don't have the antidote for snake poison

Why?
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Ediomo12(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2018
What i realise is that some Doctors are the source of our problems. How can a person carried his/her problem to the hospital and the doctor can't take good care of it. Besides that they are after money, if a patient is poor then they won't take ofsuch person serious because their hope is that when the person recover, he/she will not be able to pay the debt.
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by dominique(f): 11:36am On May 29, 2018
veeklin:

yes anti venom can't repair any damaged organs, it will only stop any further damage from occurring. But we all know that Nigerian doctors don't respond promptly in cases of emergency.....also giving one excuse or the other until the patient dies away. unlike abroad were patients are promptly attended to. even if all hands are filled up, they find a way of suspending treatment on a patients that is stabilized to attend to one that is dieing.....

The doctors must have seen that the situation was beyond their control. Besides, people have been known to twist stories to discredit doctors and hospitals. Nigerians are very fond of this
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by charlemon: 4:20am On May 31, 2018
This people dey lie o. I dey the hospital the day when the boy been come. The parents been leave the boy with native doctor for months after the bite. As the case come worse them rush come that obule hospital after them say several hospitals reject the boy. This same boy wey them do blood transfusion and treatment discharge transfer go general hospital wey he die. How person wey finally die for general hospital come appear for obule hospital. I even dey when the hospital pity the parents reduce that money to 80k . Kai the person wey one use this small boy death make money thunder go fire you
Re: Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Extra exquisite colours =) cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

315 New COVID-19 Cases, 81 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 8 - (1704 Tested) / Makurdi Nursing Student Burnt By Gas Explosion In Her Hostel. Photos / Coronavirus Daily Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.