Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate (38879 Views)

Oyebanji Appoints Dr Habibat Omolara Adubiaro As SSG / Meet Aliyu Habibat, The Youngest Female Candidate For House Of Assembly In Kogi / Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Demmzy15(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2018
elopee3000:
cry me a lagoon why did he pick a Muslim running mate?if not for cry of people tinubu would ve pick another Muslim over ambode but we Christians complained? This is what happend in lebanon Christians we're majority in the 60s while Muslims having babies like rabbit over took Christians today they are paying for it,Christians in south west should not let Yoruba Muslim deceive them cus Muslim only love his fellow Muslim ,a Yoruba Muslim from osun or ilorin can kill his fellow Yoruba Muslim over Hausa musilm,Christians don't be deceived even abiola threw thousands of bible inside sea
You're very senseless, Islam came to South West before Christianity and even some traditional religion worship like Sango, Osun, etc. Yoruba Muslims have always been majority, keep living in delusion. I don't why Ipod yoots like to open mouth without thinking

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Demmzy15(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

You hardly see ekiti Muslim, most of them are immigrant.
That's a big lie

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by tuniski: 10:52am On May 29, 2018
blessedvisky:

75% of yorubas are Muslims? Southwest is not Kano state Abeg. Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo state are largely Christians o ( at least 70%). Where are you pulling out your facts from?
Wrong only former Ondo present day Ondo and Ekiti are predominantly Christians. Yorubas are by significant majority Moslems .

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by dheilaw1(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Death on arrival.

Death? you just killed English... let there be a minute silence
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Firstpage: 11:10am On May 29, 2018
DeOTR:

Mimiko is a moslem

Mimiko is a Christian. I'm from his state. Stop propagating ignorance.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by DAREH13: 11:14am On May 29, 2018
ANOTHER DEFEAT IS LOADING 4 FAYEMI, ADO EKITI PEOPLE'S LOVE 4 DEJI KNOW NO BOUND! AM A STUDENT OF FUOYE ND DNT EVEN KNW WE AV ONE ALHAJA AS PHD HOLDER

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by elopee3000(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2018
Demmzy15:
You're very senseless, Islam came to South West before Christianity and even some traditional religion worship like Sango, Osun, etc. Yoruba Muslims have always been majority, keep living in delusion. I don't why Ipod yoots like to open mouth without thinking
islam came to south west first and what was the benefit nothing count all the school's Christianity brought to south west from kings collage to Baptists boys school even Muslims benefited from all the Christian school in the SW ,what did Islam came with to south west? Ile keun and hungry alfas with their trousers like that of taliban angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Funkybabee(f): 11:19am On May 29, 2018
sean1000x:
Of course he has to as dictated by the Muslim owned party and largely yoruba muslims. Remember Fayemi was born Muslim, and 75% of Yorubas are muslims. 80% of all SW states governors since 1999 are Yoruba muslims.

Pls where did u get that calaculation for where 75% of yorubas are muslim..stop saying rubbish Ipodiots,u can't understand religion part in south west..oponu

I can't teach u well since we are on nairaland and kids ful here gan Maybe u are one of them u can't understand!!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Demmzy15(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2018
elopee3000:
islam came to south west first and what was the benefit nothing count all the school's Christianity brought to south west from kings collage to Baptists boys school even Muslims benefited from all the Christian school in the SW ,what did Islam came with to south west? Ile keun and hungry alfas with their trousers like that of taliban angry angry
Illiterate, your ancestors were subjugated and Christianity was forced down their throats. Aren't you aware that many of the pioneers of early Christianity were former slaves, I can't imagine accepting the religion and way of life of my tormentors. Go and see what Islam has contributed all around the world, University of Timbuktu is the first in West Africa and it was built by Muslims... It excelled in maths, science, geometry, etc.

Even when Yoruba Muslims were taken for slavery, the spirit of Jihad made many of them to fight, they did so though not successful but are better than those that gave up and embraced their tormentors, I'm sure you're a descendant of such people. Yoruba Muslims were the first to start transmitting Yoruba history in written forms through Ajami script, Yorubas for most of their existence have maintained their history orally and verbally. See guy, if you know nothing, just stfu! I'm fasting and I don't want anyone to spoil my day.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:27am On May 29, 2018
DAREH13:
ANOTHER DEFEAT IS LOADING 4 FAYEMI, ADO EKITI PEOPLE'S LOVE 4 DEJI KNOW NO BOUND! AM A STUDENT OF FUOYE ND DNT EVEN KNW WE AV ONE ALHAJA AS PHD HOLDER

Of course you wont know her except you are among the first 3 sets of the school and also a science student. She taught me CHM102 in 2013. She's in industrial chemistry dept.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by sangresan(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2018
yns4real:
Except for last minute changes, the President of the apex body for Muslim women, Federation of Muslim women Associations of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Ekiti State Chapter and Former Commissioner for women affairs, Alhaja Dr Habibat Adubiaro has been picked as running mate of APC governorship candidate, Dr Fayemi.

Mrs Habibat is from Ado Ekiti, and a Senior lecturer at the Federal University in Oye-Ekiti.

Dr Adubiaro will be the deputy governorship candidate to Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC in July 14th governorship election in the state.

Although the party is yet to officially announce the running mate of Fayemi ahead of the poll, her selection by the APC has matched the PDP in selection and even surpass them.

While the PDP used Deji Ogunsakin’s deputy governorship candidature to fix Muslims and Ado Ekiti, APC’s choice will cut across religious sentiment being a Muslim and settle Ado Ekiti being the biggest voter concentration area. APC also beat the PDP on gender balance.

Also, Muslims may tend more to the side of Alhaja Habibat Adubiaro been an active Muslim known in the Islamic circle.

Deji Ogunsakin though a Muslim cannot muster the popularity commanded by Alhaja Adubiaro among the Muslims in Ekiti state.The stage is set and the game is getting more interesting.

Research interests: Food Chemistry and Organic Synthesis

Adubiaro's Brief Biography

Dr H.O. Adubiaro focused her research on Food Chemistry and Organic Synthesis. She hails from Igboora, Ibarapa Central Local Government of Oyo State and got married to an Ado Ekiti indigene.

She started her primary education at Local Government Authoruty Primary School, Ikereku, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria and later attende Igboora High School, Igboora, Oyo State, Nigeria for her secondary education. She went to the then Oyo State College of Arts and Science, Ile Ife for her H.Sc. between 1985 and 1987. She later proceeded to the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State where she bagged B.Sc. Chemistry in 1994. In her quest for more education, Ekiti State University and got her M.Sc. with PhD grade and PhD in Food Chemiistry in 2004 and 2010 respectively.

She did her National Youth Service Corps in the defunct Odua Textile Ado Ekiti in 1994 and was retained after youth service, She worked as quality control supervisor for 5 years before she joined the service of Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti and lectured for 13 years where she rose to the position of Senior Lecturer before later joined the service of Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Nigeria as Lecture I. She is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Industrial Chemistry of the University.

She was the special Adviser to the Governor of Ekiti State between year 2003 and 2004. She has served at various committees as chairman and member in the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Federal University, Oye Ekiti, in Government and Islamic Organizations.

She won many awards to her credit. As a researcher, She won many research grants from TETFund in the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Federal University, Oye Ekiti and TWAS. She attended various seminars, workshops and conferences in Nigeria and overseas.

She is presently the President of Federation of Muslim Women's Association of Nigeria, Ekiti State Chapter.

She has visited Saudi Arabia, Germany and Netherland. She is happily married with children.

Sources:

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/fayemi-picks-muslim-woman-as-running-mate/

She isn't from Ado...Only married from there...If you don't know that this issue will crop up later in the campaign, then you don't really sabi Naija politics.

PDP's deputy governorship candidate is younger and more popular as a politician in Ado Ekiti...He is likely to receive the nod of indigenes than a female deputy governorship candidate who has no political antecedent....
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 29, 2018
Fayemi always choosing academia as running mate
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Heartbender: 12:08pm On May 29, 2018
There OP your analysis aren't correct. APC picked a female Muslim as Vice. PDP picked a male muslim. Nigeria is a patriarchy. But time unfolds events
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by SaintLorenzo(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2018
My ex ask me where I'm moving I said 'On to better things.'
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Milito: 12:18pm On May 29, 2018
DeOTR:

For the records, Olusegun Mimiko is a moslem, so get your facts right.

Mimiko is a Christian. A member of RCCG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by SoldierBoy1(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2018
sean1000x:
Of course he has to as dictated by the Muslim owned party and largely yoruba muslims. Remember Fayemi was born Muslim, and 75% of Yorubas are muslims. 80% of all SW states governors since 1999 are Yoruba muslims.
75% of Yorubas are not muslims o

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by yns4real: 12:29pm On May 29, 2018
sangresan:

She isn't from Ado...Only married from there...If you don't know that this issue will crop up later in the campaign, then you don't really sabi Naija politics.

PDP's deputy governorship candidate is younger and more popular as a politician in Ado Ekiti...He is likely to receive the nod of indigenes than a female deputy governorship candidate who has no political antecedent....

You're comic! So if you're married to a lady from outside your state, the person is not entitled to privileges like this? Do you mean that you can rubbish the tree bearing you good fruits or your wife from a state different from yours is still a foreigner in your state. Just ponder on these posers and put your wife in the same shoes.

Don't be lost in the euphoria of present day politics. Don't rubbish women! We all have equal rights and marriage should not be a barrier.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by SoldierBoy1(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2018
Funkybabee:

Pls where did u get that calaculation for where 75% of yorubas are muslim..stop saying rubbish Ipodiots,u can't understand religion part in south west..oponu

I can't teach u well since we are on nairaland and kids ful here gan Maybe u are one of them u can't understand!!
He probably did not just know, but he's wrong to have assumed 75% of us are muslims, that's just not valid at all.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by aforosco(m): 12:33pm On May 29, 2018
sean1000x:

Tinubu
Fashola
Adebisi Akande
Ibikunle Amosun
Rauf Aregbesola
Olusegun Mimiko
Adebayo Adefarati
Abiola Ajimobi
Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja

I WILL STOP HERE UNLESS YOU NEED MORE PROOF.

I am sorry to tell you.Adefarati is a christain.He was the Baba Ijo of Holy trinity Ang church Akungba Akoko.And he build Chapel of peace in his compound in Akungba Akoko.I know him well and even his son Brig Gen A A Adefarati and Gboyega Adefarati who is a current commissioner.

Mimiko attends RCCG.He has been present in a host of Holy ghost conference.I dont know where you get your facts from because i have worked with both of them and i know them well
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 29, 2018
OkutaNla:

Another dumb ipob tout. And that makes him a practising or professing muslim?? Do you know the meaning of iFayemi, iFashola or iFayose? Yet the bearers are professing/practising Christians and Muslim! You igbo people are damn too stupid for comfort. Better stick to your biafla agitation rather than dabble into areas you know nothing about. Your blind bigotry has turned you lots into fools in spite of your supposed education. I don't understand why y'all obsess over matters that don't concern you.
Well said

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Funkybabee(f): 12:41pm On May 29, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
He probably did not just know, but he's wrong to have assumed 75% of us are muslims, that's just not valid at all.

They are always full of hatred and to intimidate bad thing to others

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by ariesbull: 12:44pm On May 29, 2018
OkutaNla:

Another dumb ipob tout. And that makes him a practising or professing muslim?? Do you know the meaning of iFayemi, iFashola or iFayose? Yet the bearers are professing/practising Christians and Muslim! You igbo people are damn too stupid for comfort. Better stick to your biafla agitation rather than dabble into areas you know nothing about. Your blind bigotry has turned you lots into fools in spite of your supposed education. I don't understand why y'all obsess over matters that don't concern you.

Afonja ..he is a Muslim...deal with it
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by RexTramadol1: 12:47pm On May 29, 2018
Election that Eleka has one

It's just a formality biko.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by obowunmi(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2018
kolafolabi:
It would get to a point where First Lady will be powerful than the Deputy Governor.. Go ask the good people of Oyo State

Ajimobi treat people of Oyo state like trash yet they keep voting him into office.

Oyo state has become the Ajimobi family business.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by madridguy(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2018
Morning bros grin

Firefire:

grin

Good morning sir.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by SirBunky85(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2018
yemaldo:

Fayose did same for his deputy,is he also trying to impress Buhari?
dont mind d two-faced being
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by elopee3000(m): 1:23pm On May 29, 2018
Demmzy15:
Illiterate, your ancestors were subjugated and Christianity was forced down their throats. Aren't you aware that many of the pioneers of early Christianity were former slaves, I can't imagine accepting the religion and way of life of my tormentors. Go and see what Islam has contributed all around the world, University of Timbuktu is the first in West Africa and it was built by Muslims... It excelled in maths, science, geometry, etc.

Even when Yoruba Muslims were taken for slavery, the spirit of Jihad made many of them to fight, they did so though not successful but are better than those that gave up and embraced their tormentors, I'm sure you're a descendant of such people. Yoruba Muslims were the first to start transmitting Yoruba history in written forms through Ajami script, Yorubas for most of their existence have maintained their history orally and verbally. See guy, if you know nothing, just stfu! I'm fasting and I don't want anyone to spoil my day.
what did islam contributed to the world ?lets start with owners of the religion islam i mean the saudis what did they give to mankind?check all the African countries with Islam as their main religion start with Somalia oooh before you go to northern Nigeria and kwara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by JayShoice(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2018
yns4real:
Except for last minute changes, the President of the apex body for Muslim women, Federation of Muslim women Associations of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Ekiti State Chapter and Former Commissioner for women affairs, Alhaja Dr Habibat Adubiaro has been picked as running mate of APC governorship candidate, Dr Fayemi.

Mrs Habibat is from Ado Ekiti, and a Senior lecturer at the Federal University in Oye-Ekiti.

Dr Adubiaro will be the deputy governorship candidate to Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC in July 14th governorship election in the state.

Although the party is yet to officially announce the running mate of Fayemi ahead of the poll, her selection by the APC has matched the PDP in selection and even surpass them.

While the PDP used Deji Ogunsakin’s deputy governorship candidature to fix Muslims and Ado Ekiti, APC’s choice will cut across religious sentiment being a Muslim and settle Ado Ekiti being the biggest voter concentration area. APC also beat the PDP on gender balance.

Also, Muslims may tend more to the side of Alhaja Habibat Adubiaro been an active Muslim known in the Islamic circle.

Deji Ogunsakin though a Muslim cannot muster the popularity commanded by Alhaja Adubiaro among the Muslims in Ekiti state.The stage is set and the game is getting more interesting.

Research interests: Food Chemistry and Organic Synthesis

Adubiaro's Brief Biography

Dr H.O. Adubiaro focused her research on Food Chemistry and Organic Synthesis. She hails from Igboora, Ibarapa Central Local Government of Oyo State and got married to an Ado Ekiti indigene.

She started her primary education at Local Government Authoruty Primary School, Ikereku, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria and later attende Igboora High School, Igboora, Oyo State, Nigeria for her secondary education. She went to the then Oyo State College of Arts and Science, Ile Ife for her H.Sc. between 1985 and 1987. She later proceeded to the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State where she bagged B.Sc. Chemistry in 1994. In her quest for more education, Ekiti State University and got her M.Sc. with PhD grade and PhD in Food Chemiistry in 2004 and 2010 respectively.

She did her National Youth Service Corps in the defunct Odua Textile Ado Ekiti in 1994 and was retained after youth service, She worked as quality control supervisor for 5 years before she joined the service of Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti and lectured for 13 years where she rose to the position of Senior Lecturer before later joined the service of Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Nigeria as Lecture I. She is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Industrial Chemistry of the University.

She was the special Adviser to the Governor of Ekiti State between year 2003 and 2004. She has served at various committees as chairman and member in the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Federal University, Oye Ekiti, in Government and Islamic Organizations.

She won many awards to her credit. As a researcher, She won many research grants from TETFund in the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, Federal University, Oye Ekiti and TWAS. She attended various seminars, workshops and conferences in Nigeria and overseas.

She is presently the President of Federation of Muslim Women's Association of Nigeria, Ekiti State Chapter.

She has visited Saudi Arabia, Germany and Netherland. She is happily married with children.

Sources:

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/fayemi-picks-muslim-woman-as-running-mate/

This gonna be interesting game comes July 14
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by Demmzy15(m): 1:27pm On May 29, 2018
elopee3000:
what did islam contributed to the world ?lets start with owners of the religion islam i mean the saudis what did they give to mankind?check all the African countries with Islam as their main religion start with Somalia oooh before you go to northern Nigeria and kwara
Bornfool, I stated what they've done. Saudi was established in 1932, Islam is way older than that. Go and read about how Islam opened the world to science, medicine, optics, economics, mathematics, etc. It's pointless arguing with f angry angry ls who don't think straight, your life is full of bigotry. I tell you mehn, it'll surely consume you.

If I may ask you, what have Christian countries like South Sudan, Burundi, Botswana contributed to the world? angry

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by lx3as(m): 1:29pm On May 29, 2018
aforosco:

I am sorry to tell you.Adefarati is a christain.He was the Baba Ijo of Holy trinity Ang church Akungba Akoko.And he build Chapel of peace in his compound in Akungba Akoko.I know him well and even his son Brig Gen A A Adefarati and Gboyega Adefarati who is a current commissioner.

Mimiko attends RCCG.He has been present in a host of Holy ghost conference.I dont know where you get your facts from because i have worked with both of them and i know them well

I don't know how he arrived at such submission!
85% are Muslims?

There are more Christian Governors in the SW since 1999:

Osoba
Adefarati
Adebayo
Fayose
Agagu
Oyinlola
Akala
Ademiluyi
Oni
Fayemi
Daniel
Mimiko
Ambode
Akeredolu, etc.

Those Muslim governors he listed are even married to Christian women except Aregbesola and not so sure of Ladoja.

Why is he even emphasizing religion factor.
Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by elopee3000(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2018
Demmzy15:
Bornfool, I stated what they've done. Saudi was established in 1932, Islam is way older than that. Go and read about how Islam opened the world to science, medicine, optics, economics, mathematics, etc. It's pointless arguing with f angry angry ls who don't think straight, your life is full of bigotry. I tell you mehn, it'll surely consume you.

If I may ask you, what have Christian countries like South Sudan, Burundi, Botswana contributed to the world? angry
oga that your even using this your phone to type is invention of christian that you fly with plane christian inshort christian inventors they re greater than that man from dersert of Saudi Arabia called Mohamed his only gift to the world is 72 so called Muslim virgibs

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate by lx3as(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2018
sean1000x:

Tinubu Fashola Adebisi Akande Ibikunle Amosun Rauf Aregbesola Olusegun Mimiko Adebayo Adefarati Abiola Ajimobi Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja
I WILL STOP HERE UNLESS YOU NEED MORE PROOF.
SW has produced about 21 Governors since 1999, only 8 are Muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Diezani And Akkani-Aluko / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.