Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki (14801 Views)

PVC Collectors Protest Perceived Intimidation And Frustration By INEC In Lagos / EU: Buhari Doing Nothing To End Killings, Persecution Of Christians By Fulani / Buhari Writes British Parliamentary Group, Denies Persecution Of Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Macnnoli4(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2018
I wonder what they will do with perceived enemies that are not corrupt
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by elpj: 4:17pm On May 29, 2018
[quote author=KenOne post=67986044][/quote]

N what did Buhari did in 1983 to Shagari? He want to repeat d same now, cos what we have now is not democracy.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Seetto: 4:27pm On May 29, 2018
Samsimple:
3 years ago this day that goat from daura was sworn in as the president of nigeria.. Greatest mistake of nigeria history
The worst thing that could happen to ipob shit...
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by package7(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2018
I concur with Senator Bukola Saraki. Good
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 29, 2018
Nigeria is not practicing Democracy. The facts are there for us to make this conclusion, but even if we choose to play the ostrich and hide our heads under our wings does not make our form of governance a Democracy.

In a democracy, you do not have Tribal Lords like Oba, Emir, Obi, Eze, etc

In a democracy, you do not give so much powers to the President, that he could do just anything without the consent of the 3 arms of government especially the Legislatures.

In a democracy, Public Procurement goes through due processes and nomination into offices are based on merit, not nepotism.

In a Democracy, religion has zero role in determinism of who should occupy an office.

I can count as many examples as I can, but what we are practicing here is a cocktale of feudal nepotism in a triba-religious enclave.

If Nigeria implodes, it will be total. We must be very careful who becomes the next President, because the way things are going, we may not decline from 3rd World country to Animal Kingdom, if we are not already there.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by kennydee05(m): 4:34pm On May 29, 2018
kennydee05:

You persecuted your perceived enemies in the Senate i.e. Ndume and Omo-Agege by suspending them. And here you are crying foul as if you are in Ipata market or Mandate market.

Saraki, will you shut up!!!

You people will embezzle public fund and you won't want anti graft agency to investigate you.

Can you swear with your life after that the sources of your wealth are legit?

God punish all of you together.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Tommmi: 4:35pm On May 29, 2018
H.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by kitaatita: 4:36pm On May 29, 2018
jomonic:

So the impunity should continue.
Someone is accused of stealing. What is persecution in asking him to come and account for his deeds. Another person receives Police invitation and refused to honour it; Police goes to execute warrant of arrest. What is persecution there. Someone is living larger than his income and is called to answer to his actions; what is persecution there.

2 Likes

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Awoleesu(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2018
judedave181:
I really want to ask this question, why are Nigerians celebrating demoCRAZY, since demoCRAZY started Nigeria has been backward, gone are those days when our #naira was valuable, today #5 is as useless as nothing whereas this democracy we celebrating is making the country backward, unemployment, killings, economic meltdown, corruption. I think if democracy is not helping why not take Nigeria back to where it was during Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa, e.t.c
...and what d'you call the system as practiced "in those days"? Oligarchy?
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by AnanseK(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2018
Bukola suspends any Senator perceived to speak against his views or in favor of the President. He suspends elected Senators for 9 months and even one year in case of Jibrin and Ndume and most recently Omo Agege. The same shameless crook is talking about democracy.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by otokx(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2018
Bukola should lead by example, if not for Omo-Agege, more Senators may have be suspended.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:56pm On May 29, 2018
I still wonder and wondering if this people know the meaning of democracy especially in Nigeria this politicians just open their big mouth talk about democracy whereas they don't even know the full meaning of democracy, what pained me most is Nigeria of all country celebrating democracy day it's laughable come to western countries and see how they practise democracy.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by KaptainAfrika: 5:22pm On May 29, 2018
Ah! the same Saraki that got his peers, suspended...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by egoldman(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2018
Abeg , make una allow me to digress a bit , how do i upload pics with my post ?
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by timzy007: 6:47pm On May 29, 2018
You can contact complete academics for all your final year project works and journal publication with standard referencing.

Yo can reach on
fanny.isioma@gmail.com or thru

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 29, 2018
kitaatita:

Someone is accused of stealing. What is persecution in asking him to come and account for his deeds. Another person receives Police invitation and refused to honour it; Police goes to execute warrant of arrest. What is persecution there. Someone is living larger than his income and is called to answer to his actions; what is persecution there.

It is not just the case of someone. The problem is that this someone is almost always from the opposition. There is nothing wrong in making a corrupt person pay for his guilt if it is proven but the dragnet should be blind to political affiliation. Otherwise it is a complete waste of time. The argument that others will get their chance in government to prosecute their own opposition is very lame and stupid.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by kitaatita: 7:41pm On May 29, 2018
jomonic:

[b] It is not just the case of someone. The problem is that this someone is almost always from the opposition. [/b]There is nothing wrong in making a corrupt person pay for his guilt if it is proven but the dragnet should be blind to political affiliation. Otherwise it is a complete waste of time. The argument that others will get their chance in government to prosecute their own opposition is very lame and stupid.

Let them go to court and tell the judge that others also stole. If the judge is satisfied with the argument, let him set the person free. I am yet to see ONE accused who denied accepting money; instead they het into destructive attempts to derail the polity.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by MeReal1221(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2018
waiting concern me

Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by serikiYCU(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2018
Satanic suddenly forgot the persecution of his own perceived enemy in the #NASS. let him come out clean before accusing others.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 29, 2018
kitaatita:

Let them go to court and tell the judge that others also stole. If the judge is satisfied with the argument, let him set the person free. I am yet to see ONE accused who denied accepting money; instead they het into destructive attempts to derail the polity.

Its the job of APC to bring all alleged corrupt people to the court. It is not the job of an accused person. What is known to majority is that they had and still have the chance but so far made a mess of it.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by uridadole: 9:00pm On May 29, 2018
Don't mind the fools. If they go tinder and commit they come to the fore claim rule of law.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by uridadole: 9:01pm On May 29, 2018
Don't mind the fools. If they go yonder and commit they come to the fore and claim rule of law.
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Smarkie: 9:25pm On May 29, 2018
you that suspend your fellow lawmakers unconstitutionally
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by kmaster007: 11:37pm On May 29, 2018
are you not one of dem... enemies of progress
Re: Democracy Day: Persecution Of Perceived Enemies Must Stop -saraki by Nobody: 1:22am On May 30, 2018

""Yourself acclaimed democrat in Goodluck Jonathan toppled democratically elected governor of Adamawa state Murtala Abdulazeez Nyako with soldiers, DSS and police:"

Stop being a Fooooooooool on an industrial scale.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku: Power To Change Nigeria Does Not Lie In Aso Rock / We Will Beg Obasanjo To Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid – Senator Ogunlewe / Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.