Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon (78313 Views)

My Personal Demon 18+ / Yoruba Demon From A Joke To A Tribal Insult / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Halyma(f): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the update. It seems you have skipped a chapter, the last update was chapter 5.

2 Likes

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
Halyma:
Thanks for the update. It seems you have skipped a chapter, the last update was chapter 5.

I did ma'am.
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingin55(m): 10:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice job

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
kingswaydavid:
bluehaven and jackossky......why i'm i having the feeling that you guys cant blow this much oyinbo..verbally,bt na only in text.....but anyways...i respect una o...me dey feel am nd dey learn.
Don't know about Jackossky o, but, of course, I can't blow grammar verbally like that o.
When I made that critic against Jackossky sef I had beside me a Synonym dictionary to blast him.
LoLz...
Nonetheless, I'm a good orator when it comes to writing...doesn't mean I throw bullet at people o.
LoLz...

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Seunfunmi18(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
Jackossky:
Cc:
Bluehaven, Oyoni, Jayslyder, eazykolobo, kingswaydavid, kingin55, yhungbrowhne,
Topestbilly. Seunfunmi18
Cc:
Chrysan
Seunfunmi18
Kcowen
halexandro
Babamagic
Bluehaven
Harunablezin
Oyoni
Artzdanielsz
OlufemiWhit
Ann2012
Sunflow
Godwindanielboy
Cadec007
Wapapod
Phoenix 90
You
Divepen
Following steadily

2 Likes

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Artzdanielsz(m): 1:49am On Jun 20, 2018
my guy this update dey make me to move Saturday to next hour .

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Artzdanielsz(m): 1:50am On Jun 20, 2018
Jackossky:
Cc:
Topestbilly. Seunfunmi18
Cc:
Chrysan
Seunfunmi18
Kcowen
halexandro
Babamagic
Bluehaven
Harunablezin
Oyoni
Artzdanielsz
OlufemiWhit
Ann2012
Sunflow
Godwindanielboy
Cadec007
Wapapod
Phoenix 90
You
Divepen
yes oooo

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by dammyd46(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2018
this story is dope bro...nice work Jackossky

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by oyoni(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2018
... Mary, now Annabel... mhmmm....

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by harunablezin(f): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2018
Thumbs up to you my oga @ d top! Abeg na who b did Annabel of a girl ooooo....... Tolu na oko gbo awon girlz

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jackossky thanks for the mention and very good with the recent updates...it's grammar-free.
*winks*
Now, tell me who ANABEL is o!
I won't say I'm forgetting your characters. I want to believe she's a new character.
Due to the fact that Saturday ti jino ju, I hope I'm not asking for too much when you make your updates THREE TIMES A WEEK: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by NidaxJ(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nice write up...
Mention me for the next update pls.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
NidaxJ:
Nice write up... Mention me for the next update pls.
Yes bro
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bluehaven:
Jackossky thanks for the mention and very good with the recent updates...
Now, tell me who ANABEL is o!

Hahah.
Please, let's stick with the original plan.

Jeez. You forgot Annabel?
She was the one Tolu helped with her assignment.
His then new neighbour.
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
harunablezin:
Thumbs up to you my oga @ d top! Abeg na who b did Annabel of a girl ooooo....... Tolu na oko gbo awon girlz
Ba seri niyen oo.

She was the girl Tolu helped in doing her assignment.
Hope you remember when he said he had a new neighbour who is very pretty that came for her math assignment?

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jackossky:

Ba seri niyen oo.

She was the girl Tolu helped in doing her assignment.
Hope you remember when he said he had a new neighbour who is very pretty that came for her math assignment?
I had 2 back read jxt 2 knw annabel grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kcowen(m): 1:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Nice one bro we are following and big thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2018
Keep it up bro.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by phoenix90(m): 5:45am On Jun 22, 2018
C'mon bro, you yelled my name like I've got enough threads to devour. Well the storylines have been good, and you've toned down the complex grammar. Still eager to hear the escapades of 'the apprentice' grin
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Ann2012(f): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
Jackossky Jackossky.... I dey hail boss
Keep the updates coming
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by eazykolobo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Jackossky:
Cc:
Topestbilly. Seunfunmi18
Cc:
Chrysan
Seunfunmi18
Kcowen
halexandro
Babamagic
Bluehaven
Harunablezin
Oyoni
Artzdanielsz
OlufemiWhit
Ann2012
Sunflow
Godwindanielboy
Cadec007
Wapapod
Phoenix 90
You
Divepen
awa ti gbori wole ooo.....tnkx for d double update.
grateful heart
bt suspense eyaf want to kil perzin hie ooo.
i hope i no go finish service year before u complete dis story ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by eazykolobo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
versace nt versache.....tnkx man...thumbs up
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingswaydavid: 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
I'm here jaeeee...carry on
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2018
*grinning* Jackossky, Today's Saturday o.
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by eazykolobo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
misita jakossky.....biko we re hie ooo....ai naga
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
*INSATIABLE*
~Story of a quiet Yoruba Demon~
Chapter 8

'Tolu , please wait for me, we are about to close' she said excitedly and gave me the water, she refused collecting the money and John was dumbstrucked where he stood as he could only look in awe at what is playing right in front of him.

She went in and I walked a distance away with John, waiting for her.

'heeey! Where do you know her from'
I laughed when I heard this.

I just used laughter to elude the question and asked him.
'John, how many days did it take you to master the art of typing very fast?

'Hehehheheheh, are you tired already? Don't worry, it depends on how fast you become with the manual typewriter. Some used months, some Years and some never mastered it.' He said, completely swayed by the new topic.

As we were discussing, Annabel came to meet us and it happens she was an artisan; learning tailoring and her boss do sell soft drinks including cold pure water.

When we got to a stop, John rejuvenated his earlier question by asking me how I knew her, loud enough for her to hear. I wanted to say she was my neighbour but before I could say it, she beat me to it and primly said
'He's my boyfriend!' my head clang at what she said. When did I start dating her and also, I have only met her once. John was drooling where he is, still canvassing till we got to another junction where John had to leave us and follow his own route to his house leaving only me and Annabel.

When John left, the chattering declined as we were both silent. Each to his/her own thought.

I don't know what she was thinking but what was going through me was different.

It is true that she is beautiful but calling me her boyfriend in front of John was out of the blue.
I was discomfited because I wasn't expecting such and I couldn't take the silence any longer.
Then I muttered

'I thought that was your mum's shop?'

'No, that's where I'm learning tailoring and let's take bike. I'm tired' she coolly
replied.

Instead of a bike, I boarded a cab to take both of us home. Smiles; I have enough money with me.

We later got home where she thanked me and strode off to her abode. I paid the cab man and walked home.

We never made mention of what she said earlier, through out our journey, we were both silent.
'Boda mi, Bawo ni Ise? (Brother, how was work?)' ewa asked

Joyously, I relayed everything that happened to her. Sola was also present and my mum had already gone into her room but not before she asked me how much I liked the place and if I was treated well by my colleagues. You know how women do. �

Just my siblings and I, Sola was bombarding me with several questions which I happily answered. Hey! I left out Mary's part and I just touched the periphery of the day's incident without going deep, the smiles and laughter erupting from the parlour made mum to wake up, as she angrily sent all of us into our rooms.

When I got into mine, I pondered on all what happened with propitious aura engulfing me as I was drawn into the cold abyss of sleep with a smile smothered on my chummy face.

It's two weeks now, John has been my closest pal and nothing has happened between me and the girls.

Just the usual side talks they often have and the staring I get whenever I am furiously typing my ASDF.

Ooops! typing 'ASDF' has become so boring and repugnant to me, I am now adeptly used to the four keys and I don't have to look at it before pressing it, I know the right amount of energy to exert on the strings to make what I'm writing ostensible.

Yesterday, my mum said she was in my room and I was faintly saying 'ASDF' with my fingers pressing the bed.

Mr Gold seems not to care, all he want is to see me fill the papers, front and black, inscripting ASDF on that.

During the few weeks I have spent, I took it as a job to always buy akara just to see the face of Mary.

I surmised she didn't notice because her nonchalant attitude towards me seems to be the same she exhibits to all customers.

I didn't give up, only John knew what I was up to.
John already told my male seniors that I was the one dating Anabella and I have been receiving the cold treatment from one of the seniors.

Not until one day when he violently confronted me and told me to stay off her.

'See, I don't care if your daddy is a soldier or whatever, if I should see you with her, I'm going to make sure you regret your stay here. If you know what's best for you, you better stay off' senior Chibike said.

I was literally scared, Chibike has a daunting look, the scar on his face was said to have been gotten during a street clash and his name seems to be popular around that area because he was infamous for fighting.
History had it that he was very brilliant when he was young but also defiant. The teachers seeing he was intelligent shields him from punishment and this made him to become more and more ferocious, and later became a menace to the society.
I heard he was an addict and when the teachers saw where he was heading to, it was too late because he had been a thorn in the flesh and belligerent.
It is said that this was the reason why he was kicked from high school but not after giving his principal a resounding slap. It was past 5 years after he had undergone rehabilitation and Mr Gold owes his family a few favours which he decided to repay by giving Chibike a second chance.

For the rest of the afternoon, I kept typing ASDF, making myriads of mistake as I couldn't concentrate because whenever I reminisce about what Senior Chibike said, my heart flacks.

'Tolu, stop what you are doing and kneel down' Mr Gold ordered after shuffling through the numerous papers on the floor which are all tainted with glaring mistakes.

He claimed I was wasting the ink and paper of the typewriter and said he already wanted to take me to the next stage but for what I have done, he could see that I am not yet ready.

He left me kneeling where I was and the demeanour of everyone was writhed in pity except senior Chibike.

I was later pardoned by Mr Gold who gave me another five 'A4' papers, telling me he mustn't spot any mistake on them and I should get to work.

I was completely debilitated and cornered as I kept on typing.

'Tolu, what happened?' John pleadingly inquired after Mr Gold left the shop to get something outside.
I narrated all what happened to him and he was enraged.

He told me that was why he gave me warnings prior seeing Annabel and later suggested I report the matter to Mr Gold.

I was hesitant about it and later made up my mind that Chibike could do nothing and there is no need reporting to Mr Gold because it might just escalate the issue out of proportion.

John was solidly behind me on this, he was in his penultimate stage of desktop publishing as he is still perfecting the use of Adobe Photoshop.

'Let's go and buy akara' he said to me.

I wanted to decline but later thought against it. So, I went with him, It seems can't get enough of Mary.
I want to see her everyday.

We got to her stall and her mum wasn't around.
I was there when one of the customers asked where her mum was and she said that she went to church.

John and I made our order and she was selling it to us when she notice the enervated look on my face.

'What happened to you' she said while looking into my eyes.
I couldn't took my eyes off her as we exchange a momentary glance before she broke it off to answer another customer.

John saw the stare and asked me what voodoo I was using in enchanting the girls

I simply laughed it off and I had to buy my own akara so I won't have to share with anyone especially Chibike as I clearly have a disdain for him.

Slyly, he earned a place in my Black Book.

We got back to the shop and I found that there was three extra akara in mine.
I bought twelve and I am seeing 15. I though it was a mistake and I wanted to return it.

When John heard my plan, he quickly took the akara from me and ate it all.

It was evening and Senior Chibike was about leaving the shop when a damsel walked up to the institute, it turned out it was Annabel.

Chibike's face lit up in smiles as he re adjusted his dress and came back in; into the shop.

'Annabel' he said with his big grin

'Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew' she hissed at him. We were all at the shop and when everyone saw that, even I felt pity for him.

'She rolled her eyes at him, giving him that mischievous look; daring him to call her name once again and see if she won't raise hell on him'

Roland bursted in laugher and the girls followed suit. I was just where I was, rounding up as I was on the last paper typing my already mastered key letters 'ASDF'

'Tolu, please I am waiting for you or should I come back later?'

Her harmonious voice piercing everyone's ear as she spake

I told her I was almost through and she should wait. I saw Chibike's vexed facial expression as he ashamedly stood up with his Stern look and left.

I later finished what I was doing and none of the girls followed us. It seems seeing that Annabel was waiting for me made them back of.

Even John refused to accompany us with the excuse that he wanted to reach Gbaji that night. I could sense his beguiling statement but I just shrugged it off and decided to walk home with only annabel.

It was already 8pm and I I took hold of Annabel, telling her we are to pass the federal road which is mostly creepy at night as only cars and trucks do ply that road.

Little did I know what was in stock for me...

Continues shortly.

.#Sola
#Bluehaven
#eazykolobo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bluehaven:
*grinning* Jackossky, Today's Saturday o.
Enjoy the short update.
I will release the continuation of the chapter 8 before Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingin55(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jackossky:

Enjoy the short update.

I will release the continuation of the chapter 8 before Tuesday.
Bro d update is too small,help us to add something pls

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by oyoni(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
See Tolu... See Beat...
Update oooooooo!!!!
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thumbs up Jackossky. Wow! Now, Tolu is in store for it. Hehehehehehhe... Tolu, hakuna matata, your Uncle's gat your back. When would the continuation come up Jackossky? Mind your blunders too: Spake, etc.
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bluehaven:
Thumbs up Jackossky.
Wow!
Now, Tolu is in store for it.
Hehehehehehhe...
Tolu, hakuna matata, your Uncle's gat your back.
When would the continuation come up Jackossky?
Mind your blunders too: Spake, etc.

Smiles.
I knowingly used 'spake'

It is the past tense of speak, though it is archaic.

I wanted to use 'spoke' but it doesn't sound how I wanted it to, so I had to go 'olden days'

Thanks for the observation though.
Just smiling

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
oyoni:
See Tolu... See Beat...
Update oooooooo!!!!
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / My Book Of Rants! / Without Promises...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.