Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women (2118 Views)

Lady Shares Her Much Older Lover, Sparks Mixed Reactions Online (photos & Video) / Good Men Marry Bad Girls, Bad Girls Marry Good Men / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies (2) (3) (4)

Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 29, 2018
According to a report by News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), some Nigerians have expressed mixed reactions to the idea of men marrying women that were older than them.
Over the years in Africa, women were usually advised to marry men who were older, more educated, had better jobs and would have made enough money to cater for them.
Some respondents obliged to the norm and told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Monday that
modernity and other factors had redefined their choices of suitable mates.

They also said that emotional maturity was a core virtue needed to sustain a relationship and older women possessed it.

A lawyer, Godfrey Chukukere, told NAN that men sustaining relationships with women younger than them tend to be more difficult since such women were fond of laying emphases on trivial issues.

He said that a man marrying an older woman, on the average, meant marrying an older and mature person.
"Having a relationship with an older woman is simply the best thing that a younger, vibrant and ambitious man should consider.
“An older women will give every support a young man needs in every regard, especially, emotional stability,” he said.

Also, Opeoluwa Shodupe, a guidance and counselling officer, said that sexual desires and compatibility were driving forces that would lure older women to younger men.
She said that women with strong sexual appetites preferred younger men because they had the stamina to satisfy their sexual desires.

“Every woman wants a man that is good in bed and they will do everything to have and keep such men. grin
“Why will a woman marry a man who is older and weak to satisfy her sexually, when a woman can go for a younger man whom she can pamper and he, in return, will meet her desires?’’
She added that younger men preferred to stick to older women who had enough resources to splash on them.

“In Nigerian parlance, cash-loaded women who are ready to spend their monies on young men are called `Sugar Mummies’.
“Such relationships are a give-and take-relationship with the women ready to spend lavishly on the men.

“The men while reciprocating will use their energies to satisfy such women sexually,” she said.

A banker, Onome Agbawe, said that with the life expectancy of women higher than those of men by some years, it was important for women to marry younger men that would possibly outlive them.
"Most women live way longer than their husbands and for me I will not want to live too long after my man is dead.
“So, it is ideal to marry someone you are older than by some years so that, all things being equal, and at old age, you will died between very short period after each other, if possible together, ” she said.

Other respondents told NAN that a woman marrying a man younger than her was an idea driven my modernity and not accepted to the African tradition.

Ibe Chukwudi said that a man marrying an older woman was a taboo since it was assumed that older women would use younger men for rejuvenation.
He said that women aged faster than men and would not mind marrying a younger man just for the benefit of sustaining their lives

“There is no benefit that a younger man derives from marrying an older woman but the reverse is the case and this is a ritual and an abominable act.

“In perception, there is no difference between `blood money’ and the marriage of an older woman to a younger man,” he said.

Bunmi Adetoro, a model, said that it was disrespectful for a woman to marry somebody younger than her.
She said that dating a younger man would only last for a while since the man would be expecting too much respect from the woman.

“Can you imagine me getting married to someone I am older than by between two years and three years?
“In my candid opinion, the marriage between a younger man and an older woman can only be likened to that of lust and not one based on genuine love, “she said.

NAN reports that relationships where women are older than their male partners have always generated controversies.
A recent case of a younger man getting married to an older woman was that between Prince Harry,33, and former Meghan Markle ,36,on May 19.
Also, President Emmanuel Macron of France is 24 years younger than his wife, Brigitte Macron.

Macron was quoted as saying that those who kept wondering at the age differences between him and his 64-year-old wife were misogynists and homophobes.
He noted that if his wife were younger than him, nobody would have questioned the validity of their relationship.

source: http://sunnewsonline.com/mixed-reactions-men-marrying-women-older/

What do you think?

I highlighted the main points raised for slow readers.

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by trendymarseey(f): 5:05pm On May 29, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Cutehector(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2018
So its because of sex that these old ladies marry young guys abi. Nonsense
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by NwaAmaikpe: 5:14pm On May 29, 2018

I love older women anyday anytime.
You can't compare the performance in bed or the affection of a 60-year old woman with that of a lady in her thirties.

Women just like wine get better with age.
Older women are more faithful, less problematic, no pregnancy scare, very tolerant and more generous.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by CAPSLOCKED: 5:17pm On May 29, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

You can't compare the performance in bed of a 60-year old woman with that of a lady in her thirties.

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by ramdris(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2018
I swear I understand how u feel...dat Guy called "NwaAmaikpe" no get sense at all...Lolz..I kinda like him tho

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 29, 2018
Truth is that if you marry a bad older woman, na boy boy things. Marry a good one and be pampered.

As a man, be ready to always reassure her of love, always tell her that she is beautiful cos they get insecure as they age, go easy on your ego, work hard too (she will respect whatever little you bring), be decisive cos she doesn't like to be your mother, plan with her, spoil her and make her feel young...

For the woman, know that he isn't your brother, don't force your opinion on him, allow him to be the man, there are.subtle ways to influence him, submit and RESPECT him.
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 29, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

You can't compare the performance in bed of a 60-year old woman with that of a lady in her thirties.

Nwanne, take am easy.
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 29, 2018
cc: rock station, farano, lalasticlacla, seun
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
To each his own but marrying older lady is not my take... I can't marry oldie
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

You can't compare the performance in bed or the affection of a 60-year old woman with that of a lady in her thirties.

Older women are more faithful, less problematic, no pregnancy scare, very tolerant and more generous.

Bros, you say what?

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Fkforyou(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2018
Younger girls are too self absorbed thinking they are the next best thing after slice bread but older women are mature and selfless.

They also carry this air of self assurance and confidence which in turn rubs on the men in their life.

In my opinion I think older women are more supportive, loving and don't think the world revolves around them.

They also don't have big ego.

My 2cents.

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 29, 2018
op that 3rd pic u mean the lady is older than d man?
she looks fwesh oo
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by IamPlato(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2018

Some Older Women Can Spin Your Brains...
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by IamPlato(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2018

Some Older Women Can Spin Your Brains...
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 29, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

60 keh

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 29, 2018
lefulefu:

60 ke

This cat always cracks me up! grin

Hope you're well wink
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 29, 2018
LivingFree:

This cat always cracks me up! grin

Hope you're well wink
hey beautiful i am fine cheesy cheesy cheesy
dont mind the poor cat cheesy
he"s just shocked at Nwaikpe"s sacriligious comment of wanting to shag his grandmom"s agemate cheesy cheesy
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Paulpeterparker: 8:34pm On May 29, 2018
this is all that matters.

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 29, 2018
To me, the age difference shouldn't be more than 4yrs, but hey! whatever rocks your boat wink
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 29, 2018
lefulefu:
she looks fwesh oo

You know POmotayo
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 29, 2018
lefulefu:
she looks fwesh oo

Packaging matters, bruv
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by anibirelawal(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2018
This thread is dedicated to all the sugar mummy's in the building.
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by abiolamitodun(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2018
want to read comment
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 30, 2018
anibirelawal:
This thread is dedicated to all the sugar mummy's in the building.
shocked shocked
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 30, 2018
One day, people will see this trend as cool
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 30, 2018
Cutehector:
So its because of sex that these old ladies marry young guys abi. Nonsense
wetin u think say dey make sugar mummies dey date young boys?...Love?cheesy

Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 30, 2018
lefulefu:
wetin u think say dey make sugar mummies dey date young boys?...Love?cheesy

But lefulefu, we are talking about marrying an older woman. Peter of Psquare, Prince Harry and co are examples, what is your take?
Re: Mixed Reactions As More Younger Men Marry Older Women by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 30, 2018
Senselin:

But lefulefu, we are talking about marrying an older woman. Peter of Psquare, Prince Harry and co are examples, what is your take?
oh u mean dat type of age range? I don't see anything wrong in it..if i am attracted to her. Besides there are many older ladies that really take care of themselves and if they are with their husbands or boyfriends u wont notice the age difference. The ones i can't be with is d ones dat if u with dem they will look like ur elder sister or mother. Imagine u take such a woman to a gathering and ppl will be asking if dats ur mom or ur senior sister.dat will be embarrassing.

Working Around Ajao Estate, Ikeja Or Oshodi? This Is For You... / How To Stop Low Sperm Count, Erectile Disfunction,and Premature Ejaculation / What Do You Do When You Fall For Your Friend?