Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises (1101 Views)

Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan / What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . / Pictures Of Governor Samuel Ortom At TICAD7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by IgedeBushBoy(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2018
His excellency, governor Samuel Ortom, the executive governor of Benue State, since his ascension to power, has carved a fashion niche - especially when it comes to his choice colour of headdress, for himself. This though, is not peculiar to him, as we have in the past, seen the likes of Tinubu, Amosun, etc pull on cap designs peculiar to them; but that not withstanding, the recent trend of the governor of the Food Basket of the Nation is worth mentioning, as it has a positive meaning, as applied in both the State, and country at large. Most people would see his choice colour combination as awkward, but the meaning might help to banish that view. So, let's go!

On the cap, most notable, of course, of the colour combinations is the green-white-green, which of course, stands for Nigeria. Usually next to it, to your left, is a combination of blue, white and black. This is the symbolic colour for the Igede ethnic group, one of the three major tribes in the state. next to it, on the cap, is a red and black combination, which is symbolic of the Idomas, another member of the three major ethnic groups of the State. The last, but not the least, is a combination of black and white, which is the colour combination symbolistic of the Tivs, where Ortom is from. This is the biggest among the three. Governorship, and most other top and sensitive positions has almost entirely, always been rotated among this ethnic group, since the start of democracy. This arrangement though, has been fought by the other big two, in the past.

Now you know! When next you see Ortom's cap, just know that he's preaching the indivisibility of Benue, despite having about 12 languages, and the prevailing security challenges. And at the same time, pledging allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Thanks for reading, and good morning!

2 Shares

Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by MrFuckallday: 7:29am On May 30, 2018
He's still a dumb asslicking governor.

3 Likes

Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On May 30, 2018
Cap symbolisation.....and is that the problem of the nation now?

Oshisko!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by Nobody: 7:40am On May 30, 2018
Yezzz oo, that's my gobbina. Nice one op.
Chai, chilled More Lager Beer wit peppered pork just de hungry me tongue

Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by rexlims(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2018
Venue state governors since d last administration have always been docile.
Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by Ubongdemaga: 12:43am On Nov 20, 2018
I just like this hat. Please how can i get this hat? Or where can i get d material to do this hat.
Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by pahen1991: 3:36am On Nov 20, 2018
I can help you get one here in aba

1 Like

Re: What Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom's Cap Symbolises by Ubongdemaga: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2018
pahen1991:
I can help you get one here in aba
can we chat on whatspp 09020606565?

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At What I Saw On Google Today manmen / LIVE UPDATES About DSS Invasion Of National Assembly. / ‪shi’ites March To Aso Rock, Ask Nigerians To Send Buhari Back To Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.