Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections (1936 Views)

5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. / How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / I Got A Job Without Knowing Any Senator, Minister Or Anybody In Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Tracypacy(f): 11:29am On May 30, 2018
EBISERI AGINIGHAN @mrebis
A thread on how I got a good Federal Government Job without any connections or even applying.

In August 2017, my brother in-law who I stayed with in Lagos told me of a seminar for professionals from my ethnic group (#IPASeminar4) and forwarded the email to me. We planned to attend for networking and also to hear the conversations around developing our region (Niger Delta) from the panelists and the keynote speakers. That night I was inspired to reach out to the organizers of the event to volunteer my services in Media. I got an email address from the email and I sent them the mail shown PIX 1.

The next morning I got a reply of how happy they would be to have me help them, so she asked what resources I needed to do what I had to do. "Any broadband Internet modem would suffice" I replied. All was to be made available. I went on to use Photoshop to design countdown designs and shared on Twitter, Facebook, on the hashtag I created #IPASeminar4 as shown in pix 2

So, I was to manage social media for the event, Live stream the event on youtube, and record Video as well. Didn't do this all alone, an assistant was provided on my request. That Sunday of the event, I left early enough to beat Lagos traffic to get to the venue in good time. (Muson Center). I got there, setup the Live stream, the Video camera, and sent tweets. The event kicked off and all went well, with the Keynote speaker being a high ranking Government official, a Special Adviser to the President.

Towards the end of the event, the President of the Association began his vote of thanks speech.Thanked everyone who attended and all the guests, then went on to specially thank a Young man, a son of the Ijaw nation, who reached out to them to make the event more remarkable. The president said that a friend of his in Canada was able to watch the event Live and also some others who couldn't attend from outside Lagos. Where is that young man, please stand up for recognition. It didn't click immediately that I was the one being introduced.

Here is a snapshot of the exact email I sent to the organizers of the event to volunteer. PIX 1

All eyes turned towards me with rounds of applause. I was asked to come out to sell my market (Introduce myself). I came out, the keynote speaker also stood up, asked me a few questions up on stage and took me by the hands and announced to all present "I have employed this one already, I will take him to Abuja, to encourage other young ones to continue doing good"

Skills that helped:
1) Basic Graphics Design.
2) Being able to Livestream to Youtube. These days FB live makes this easier.
Whilst everyone's path will differ, it is important we make moves, and shoot shots. As the labour market is competitive, bringing your extra is expedient

Though I have a B.Eng and an MSc from reasonably good schools, these things tho very important, became secondary. As it appeared I had already demonstrated useful and valuable competence. We can be lucky, favoured or blessed, we may never know or experience these if we don't take the initiative to make moves, shoot shots, place some calls, send some unsolicited mails. Just try and keep trying and by God's grace your efforts will meet with favour (luck). Cheers and best wishes

This Microsoft lifecam HD PIX 3 was also very useful. I got it for about NGN7,500.00 at Computer village last year. It can help with streaming HD videos and connects via USB. Basically a HD webcam. You can use it for your live streaming needs, FB live, etc.

Free Trade Secret: These days you can do without a Video mixer and other expensive hardware devices. From research I stumbled on a very superb software(Manycams) that makes live streaming from different devices straight to YouTube or FB a lot more easier. Great for Webinars too. The Internet is an ocean, use it to your advantage.

Internship opportunities in Portharcourt. Access to unlimited Internet, learning resources, conducive workspace, skills focused learning. I can only accommodate very few for now. Requirements: Be computer literate, access to a laptop, within Trans Amadi and passionate about Tech

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Tracypacy(f): 11:39am On May 30, 2018
cheesy

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 11:56am On May 30, 2018
This is Handwork meeting preparedness

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Tracypacy(f): 1:16pm On May 30, 2018
True that.
Korofoh:
This is Handwork meeting preparedness
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 1:51pm On May 30, 2018
wink
Tracypacy:
True that.
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 31, 2018
My guy helped a random woman type her project overnight when he met her at a business centre because nobody had time for her, it was filled up, deadline was the next day and he didn't take a dime.

1 month later, her husband got him a job at NECO after 2 years of unemployment. I was so happy for him as I went through his appointment letter. He kept saying his instincts told him to help the woman and he didn't know why. This is somebody that I know that loves money.
This is God's Favor tbh!

5 Likes

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 4:05pm On May 31, 2018
Nice
pcjuvy:
My guy helped a random woman type her project overnight when he met her at a business centre because nobody had time for her, it was filled up, deadline was the next day and he didn't take a dime.

1 month later, her husband got him a job at NECO after 2 years of unemployment. I was so happy for him as I went through his appointment letter. He kept saying his instincts told him to help the woman and he didn't know why. This is somebody that I know that loves money.
This is God's Favor tbh!

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 31, 2018
wink
Korofoh:
Nice
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2018
Seun, why is this not on front page to encourage youths
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by ehinmowo: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2018
If you are doing good because u xpect something in return, jst forget it. Be urself. If u wnt to help, help. If u cnt, move ahead.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
wink
ehinmowo:
If you are doing good because u xpect something in return, jst forget it. Be urself. If u wnt to help, help. If u cnt, move ahead.
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by semasir: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
Life is full of lucks everywhere - bad and good. May our lucks be the positive always

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
wink
semasir:
Life is full of lucks everywhere - bad and good. May our lucks be the positive always
Re: How I Got A Good Federal Gov., Job Without Any Connections by Korofoh: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
wink

This is God's Favor tbh!

(1) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment 2020: Who Ealse Got This Mail From INEC? / Help Me Before I Lose My Sanity. / Your Payroll Is "Pending" And "Processing" Without Reason, You Will Be Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.