Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis (28960 Views)

Pope Francis Is Right! Christians Should Stop Equating Islam To Terrorism / Why Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Wrong / "Satan Delivered Islam To Muhammad And Following Islam Will Lead You To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 6:52pm On May 30, 2018
fucktoto:
[s][/s]

blackpanda, i see no difference between you and shekau, except that your only weapon is your keyboard.

stop quoting from the old testament which contains mosaic laws.

after christ's sacrifice, a lot of things became unnecessary like animal sacrifice for atonement of sins.

even Christ condemned retaliation:

now show me anywhere in the bible from the new testament where christians were commanded to kill or even fight their opposers.

I laugh when I read this nonsense.

Pslam isn't in OT right
Maalchi isn't in OT right
Proverbs isn't in OT right
10 commandments aren't in OT right

But when verse that doesn't suit it is quoted, suddenly it becomes OT.

Swerve

2 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ypeace: 7:01pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.

Hypocrite.

Islam for Muslims / Re: Why Do People Leave Islam? (spoken Word By Ex-muslim) by Ganiyat72: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ganiyat72:
One lost sheep of christ has seen the light, just like me. I never know that I was in deep bondage until the good Lord showed me mercy and brought me out of darkness into the glorious gospel of Christ Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by PVision2020(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2018
Teco2:

so obviously, you are telling us that the " God" that inspired those verses in old testament is different from the God of the Christians?
Same God yesterday, today and forever but dynamic in His ways. He requires the blood of animals in the Old Testament for the atonement of sins but the blood of Jesus ushered in a new covenant thereby abolishing the blood of animals.
His spirit comes on the prophets of old but His spirit now reside in us.
Can I hear you shout Glory!!!
The difference between Christianity and other Abrahamic religion (Islam & Judaism) is JESUS. we left you guys behind some 2000+ years ago for a better covenant.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ypeace: 7:07pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.

Obviously, Jesus didn't teach people to lie. You can pass your message without being hypocritical.

Islam for Muslims / Re: Why Do People Leave Islam? (spoken Word By Ex-muslim) by Ganiyat72: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ganiyat72:
One lost sheep of christ has seen the light, just like me. I never know that I was in deep bondage until the good Lord showed me mercy and brought me out of darkness into the glorious gospel of Christ Jesus.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 30, 2018
Rome created Islamism.
Argue with Google undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by effido666: 7:13pm On May 30, 2018
Pope is d most foolish man on earth to say dis...... Nonsense
fallout87:
Currently the majority of terrorist acts around the world are from Islamic background and teachings.

Explain that
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fucktoto: 7:18pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

I laugh when I read this nonsense.

Pslam isn't in OT right
Maalchi isn't in OT right
Proverbs isn't in OT right
10 commandments aren't in OT right

But when verse that doesn't suit it is quoted, suddenly it becomes OT.

Swerve

the emboldened are all in the old testament and christians do not abide by them.

quote anywhere from matthew to revelation (the new testament) where Christ commanded his followers to kill, just as your prafet moooohamid ordered you lots to murder, rape and claim lands belonging to 'infidels'.

here's what Christ said as regards the old law:

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.'

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
Matthew 5:38 and 39
shame no dey even catch you to say you be mooooooslim.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 30, 2018
hmm..
D way I'm seeing this religious jihad abi war abi fight or argument, it's like it will only end when this world ends.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by mediagenius: 7:23pm On May 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
Pope say the truth. Islam is a cancer dat shud be killed with laser
I am sorry, but he said you are FOOLISH
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Olameen1713: 7:26pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:

I doubt you are a Muslim cos u sound like an hypocrite. If a whole pope can publicly admit to the truth that Islam is a religion that abhor terrorism. Then u must review ur stand or change ur name ASAP.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:28pm On May 30, 2018
AS THE INTERFAITH FATHER WHO IS SEATED OVER ALL THE RELIGIONS OF THIS EARTH IN THE NAME OF UNITY IN DIVERSITY, WHILE THIS FORCED UNITY IS FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST,U DONT EXPECT POPE TO SPEAK AGAINST ANY RELIGION. POPE JOHN PAUL 2, KISSED ORNAMENTED COPY OF QURAN. 070 54 14 24 12

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Demmzy15(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
[s]This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad. [/s]

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by DrMuzungu(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2018
Not every Muslim is a terrorist. But almost every terrorist is a Muslim.

I haven't heard of Buddhists, Jews or Christians committing acts of terror in the name of their religions. Maybe acts of terror for some stupid reasons, but not having religion as the main source of motivation.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:37pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are being very shallow with the truth ...why don't you show me one verse on the Koran that preaches unconditional love ? Just one just one
Senseless hypocrites everywhere...

See the verses that preached it

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by blingxx(m): 7:37pm On May 30, 2018
KratosCorp:
undecided

Mr. Pope, the real foolishness is your failure to grasp the difference between "what is" and "what should be".

Your abstract opinion of "what religion should be" has absolutely zero effect on what Islam is.

By the way, another manifestation of the foolishness from you is your pathetic failure to grasp that Islam is NOT a religion but a system of government that's totally opposed to and can never cohabit with western civilization. A senior bishop like you was once in control of the old Turkish territories until Islam terrorized everyone there into submission.

Just know that the world will loathe your memory if, in your nauseating PC, the future of Rome ever translates into today's Istanbul.

now the pope is foolish!!!! .... who d f*ck are you anyway undecided
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:39pm On May 30, 2018
KratosCorp:
undecided

Mr. Pope, the real foolishness is your failure to grasp the difference between "what is" and "what should be".

Your abstract opinion of "what religion should be" has absolutely zero effect on what Islam is.

By the way, another manifestation of the foolishness from you is your pathetic failure to grasp that Islam is NOT a religion but a system of government that's totally opposed to and can never cohabit with western civilization. A senior bishop like you was once in control of the old Turkish territories until Islam terrorized everyone there into submission.

Just know that the world will loathe your memory if, in your nauseating PC, the future of Rome ever translates into today's Istanbul.

Lol

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Demmzy15(m): 7:39pm On May 30, 2018
trapQ:
What does that verse have to do with love? Meaning there's no single verse of the Quran commanding muslims to love?
Give me one verse of the Bible that prohibits suicide

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:40pm On May 30, 2018
fallout87:
Currently the majority of terrorist acts around the world are from Islamic background and teachings.

Explain that
See where they got encouragement

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Demmzy15(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2018
mrdashing10:

Jesus asked us (Christians) to love the gentiles (non-Christians), Mohammed asked you to terrorise the infidels! grin
No wonder your head is bigger than your body, just air! grin

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 30, 2018
Demmzy15:
No wonder your head is bigger than your body, just air! grin
Wow, at least someone here has a head grin
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 30, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

See where they got encouragement

Kill Nonbelievers

Christ's teaching is the yardstick for Christianity. He never asked to kill non believers, He asked us to love them as we love ourselves!
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Omobada(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Why don't you show me the verse I asked for instead of being a spokesman for the pope ... well I don't even consider this one my pope right from day one

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Ganiyat72(f): 7:55pm On May 30, 2018
FriendNG:

You're not a Muslim you're Kafiri. Claiming to be a Muslim doesn't make you 1.
I'm a bonifide Yoruba Muslim girl and I don't have time to join issues with a fellow Muslim, not in this Ramadan period.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Ganiyat72(f): 7:57pm On May 30, 2018
olajide21:

Hypocrite spotted!!!.... why not own up to who you are. Your view of us doesn't matter. You can hurt Al-Islam in the least of ways.
We all can't be liars
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 7:58pm On May 30, 2018
fucktoto:

the emboldened are all in the old testament and christians do not abide by them.

quote anywhere from matthew to revelation (the new testament) where Christ commanded his followers to kill, just as your prafet moooohamid ordered you lots to murder, rape and claim lands belonging to 'infidels'.

here's what Christ said as regards the old law:

shame no dey even catch you to say you be mooooooslim.

You don't need to lie to score a cheap point. Christians don't use those verses yet your pastors use Malachi to collect tithe while quoting proverb and praying with Pslam. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Rotji(m): 8:04pm On May 30, 2018
The same pope who said God created some people as gay is now saying this?!

I wonder what he will be saying next
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 8:23pm On May 30, 2018
mrdashing10:

Christ's teaching is the yardstick for Christianity. He never asked to kill non believers, He asked us to love them as we love ourselves!
Lol
See hypocrisy o
Is the Bible not your manual?

OKAY, let me give you new testament if you don't like the old one.

MATTHEW!

Mind you, Jesus said he never came to condemn the laws (old testament), in fact, he said he came to fulfill it.

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned "with unquenchable fire." 3:10, 12

Back to Mathew
Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30
Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14
Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 7:19
"The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 8:12
Jesus tells a man who had just lost his father: "Let the dead bury the dead." 8:21
Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32
Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks (see Gen 19:24). 10:14-15
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by adefolakol(m): 8:29pm On May 30, 2018
Islam means the religion of peace. A person following Islam will find that he or she is surrounded by noble teachings, the aim of which is to establish peace between man and Allah, the Creator of all; between man and man; and between man and the rest of Allah’s creation.

How does such a religion deal with the issue of terrorism? And what does the word terrorist mean? Dictionaries will define a terrorist as one who systematically uses violence and intimidation to achieve political ends – or one who controls or forces others to do something by violence, fear or threats.

All these definitions are covered by two words in the Holy Qur’an, the sacred book of Islam: Fitnah and Ikrâh.

In the Holy Qur’an, God begins to deal with the issue of terrorism by teaching Muslims never to become terrorists in the first place. Two of the very first verses of our Holy Book say: ‘Al-Fitnatu ashad-du minal qatl’ – meaning that in the sight of Allah, ‘persecution, or making people constantly fear for their lives, is much worse than killing’. And also: ‘Lâ ikrâha fid-dîn’ – ‘There shall be no compulsion in religion’, that is to say, that no one has the right to force others into complying with their demands or compelling others to follow their line of thinking.

Allah Almighty warns the believers again and again that they should never abandon Him, the source of all goodness. Allah Almighty reminds us that it is those who have abandoned Him and thrown away all good, and divested themselves of every shred of human decency, that are the ones who will eventually resort to terrorizing others, forcing them into complying with their demands. The believers are repeatedly reminded that they would lose Allah Almighty’s love and His favors if they ever began to behave in that way.

But Islam does not content itself with these injunctions strongly forbidding Muslims from ever becoming terrorists. It also makes sure that the believers are made into highly moral, excellently behaved people, by inculcating those lofty human values that can turn them into people who sincerely love humankind without distinction of religion, race or social status. Islam no doubt encourages the logical and rational discussion of views with people of all creeds in a calm and dispassionate way, with the only aim that truth prevail over error and falsehood.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fallout87: 8:29pm On May 30, 2018
TheCabal:
When I say Christianity for the majority of Christians is a profession; people look at me like

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7185727_mqdefault_jpegafcfc2f7982b1016ff6fe10b5db76ffc

Professional Christians are like regular workers, they take breaks, holidays and weekends in religious belief and teachings.

If you have problems with the pope, you can start your mushroom church where you can freely, have carnal knowledge of your members, their sisters, sons and daughters like many professional Christians I know.

Who told you the Pope speaks for all Christians?

He speaks for Catholic church.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 30, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Lol
See hypocrisy o
Is the Bible not your manual?

OKAY, let me give you new testament if you don't like the old one.

MATTHEW!

Mind you, Jesus said he never came to condemn the laws (old testament), in fact, he said he came to fulfill it.

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned "with unquenchable fire." 3:10, 12

Back to Mathew
Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30
Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14
Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 7:19
"The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 8:12
Jesus tells a man who had just lost his father: "Let the dead bury the dead." 8:21
Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32
Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks (see Gen 19:24). 10:14-15

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.
Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah')

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers. 

grin Religion of Peace Piss
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Youngjohnosas: 8:40pm On May 30, 2018
u cant separate violence from Islam, they r intertwined.. an average Muslim will always ave two or more rings in his fingers.I used to pity those Muslims guys roaming d streets but not anymore. majority of them r devilish and can kill for nothing.. this world would have been a peaceful place without these blood sucking fanatics.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fucktoto: 8:45pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

You don't need to lie to score a cheap point. Christians don't use those verses yet your pastors use Malachi to collect tithe while quoting proverb and praying with Pslam. Keep deceiving yourself

SMH! i thought you were smart. in your desperation to drag Christianity into the same mud islam has been dwelling you keep pulling baseless assertions from nowhere.

but let me take a little pain explaining to you, even though it's futile trying to share bible wisdom with a mooooooslim fanatic.

the old testament is not totally written off but it was modified when Christ came. such commandments as "love your neighbor as yourself", "worship only the True God and no one else", "keep the sabbath day holy" and a few others are still observed. the only parts modified were the need to offer animal sacrifices to atone for sin (under Christ, genuine repentance and praying in Jesus name is all that is required).

as for tithing, it's a standard practice. the money is meant for church maintenance though some criminal pastors now see it as a means of extorting the congregation.

Jesus Himself approved tithing but he condemned the neglect of the more important things deserving of a true follower, which are "justice, mercy and faith".

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin [that is, various herbs], and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others [tithes] undone” (Matthew 23:23;

but paying tithes alone does not make a good Christian. it's not the amount of money you donated but the motive! see what Jesus observed and taught his disciples on another occasion:
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

so, i believe i've cleared the air, though i doubt it would sink in your bigoted heart.

the bible preaches love and it's obvious with the way Christians interact with people. compare these with what your kwuruaan and leaders order mooooooslim faithFOOLS:

2:190-193 Fight in the cause of God, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out: For tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, Slay them."

48:29: "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."
60:4: We have renounced you; and enmity and hatred is begun between us and you for ever, until ye believe in Allah alone."

Hadith 9:4 "Wherever you find infidels kill them; for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."

Sahih Muslim 4366 Narrated by Umar ibn al-Khattab. Umar heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims

Hadith 1.25"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next (in goodness)? He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Things Aren’t Fine, We Need Your Forgiveness - Happie Boiz Beg Apostle Chinyere / Adeboye Visits Borno, Seeks Spiritual Approach To End Terrorism (Photos) / Video Moment Of Pastor Adeboye Discarding Prophecies On Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.