Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis (28984 Views)

Pope Francis Is Right! Christians Should Stop Equating Islam To Terrorism / Why Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Wrong / "Satan Delivered Islam To Muhammad And Following Islam Will Lead You To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 10:56pm On May 30, 2018
fucktoto:

since Jesus died for our sins, there's no need for blood or animal sacrifice for atonement.

So God accepted human sacrifice and rejected animal sacrifice. What sense does that make? So the Christian God takes animal lives seriously than human lives.

No wonder
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

See how you are terrorizing me already just because of my view ( which is factual) and maybe my faith .. The pope is the pope and has to be politically correct but I a Christian who lives in a country where seemingly Govt backed Herdsmen go around killing people because of their faith doesn't have to be and I will say the truth as it is.
I will make it aneffort to always terrorize you with the truth.
You are too blind to see that muslms are also being attacked and killed,as if their lives don't matter.
But the moment the christian controlled media sensationalize any headline you come running out like a bush rat that has been smoked out of its hole to shout fox fox with your jaundiced argument.
We will be watching your backs closely.
And note:We,who stand with the truth care less about the number of likes we get from clueless and gullible simpletons like the ones you have.
We say the truth as it is.

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fucktoto: 10:59pm On May 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin

even bestiality and homosexuality.

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by stixz(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Okay if you insist ooooo

[b](1) “Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even if they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29

(2) “When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way free.” 9:5

(3) “They ask you about fighting during the sacred months. Tell them, fighting therein is a great sin but a greater sin is to prevent mankind from following the way of Allah, to disbelieve in him.” 2:217

(4) “Kill them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out. Persecution is worse than slaughter.” 2:191

(5) “When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.” 47:4

(6) “When your Lord revealed to the angels, ‘Truly I am with you. So, keep firm those who have believed. I will strike terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved. So, strike them at the necks and cut off their fingers.’” 8:12

(7) “Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” 9:123

[/b]

I just read through this now and I found out one thing. You isolated these verses. Why don't you read the preceeding and the succeeding verses of the verses you cited above to understand the whole message of the verses. Thank you for you've made me learn a few things this night tho smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by maisauki: 11:00pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.
what authority do you have

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fucktoto: 11:01pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

So God accepted human sacrifice and rejected animal sacrifice. What sense does that make? So the Christian God takes animal lives seriously than human lives.

No wonder

humans were never used as sacrifices to God. please never confuse Almighty God with the gay called allah. grin

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 30, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Keep fooling yourself.
You cannot win this argument till eternity because your bible remains the most cruel and senseless piece of religious story book.

It's filled with so many errors, mistakes, irregularities, confusion, cruelty and absurdities.
To make your matter worse, Jesus said he came to fulfill all that is written.
Shame!

The logs will forever remain in you people's eyes.
You're getting it wrong. I'm not arguing with you
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

When Bible verses are quoted then they need to understand it but that logic doesn't work when Quran is quoted. You guys are the definition of hypocrisy
The quran justifies killing only when muslims are prosecuted, right?
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by malvisguy212: 11:07pm On May 30, 2018
Rafidi:

Holy Qur'an 41:34
"Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better (than good): Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"
Allah is said to love those who do good deeds(2:195),those who are pure(2:222), those who are righteous (9:7),and those who fight in his cause (61:4), the Qur’an is equally clear that Allah has no love for transgressors (2:190), ungrateful sinners (2:276), the unjust (3:57), or the proud (4:36). Even more significantly,the Qur’an states that Allah does not love non-Muslims:
Qur’an 3:31-32—Say [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah,then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults,and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn
back, then surely Allah DOES NOT LOVE THE UNBELIEVERS .
now, compared the above quranic verse with this biblical verses :
Proverbs 25:21
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to
drink.
Luke 6:27
"But to you who are listening I say: Love
your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 11:09pm On May 30, 2018
fucktoto:

humans were never used as sacrifices to God. please never confuse Almighty God with the gay called allah. grin

Was Jesus an animal? If Muslims take this kinda thing, you will tag them " extremist" but it's cool when it's done by Christians.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 11:10pm On May 30, 2018
mrdashing10:

The quran justifies killing only when muslims are prosecuted, right?

The bible justifies killing only when christians are prosecuted, right?
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by malvisguy212: 11:13pm On May 30, 2018
olajide21:

There are countless Ayah that i can share with you on the topic. Here are a few

1. Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Al Quran 16:91)

2.And as for those who strive in Our path — We will surely guide them in Our ways. And Indeed, Allah is with those who are of service to others. (Al Quran 29:70)

Indeed, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good. (Al Quran 16:129)

3. The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness. (Al Quran 55:61)

4. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

5. 121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

6. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

In the very beginning of every chapter or Sura of the Holy Quran, except one, we read, “In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.”

Allah is not only the Gracious and the Merciful, but, also wants humanity to be gracious and merciful, to each other, in their spheres and this can be inferred from many verses of the Holy Quran.

As this verse is in the beginning of 113 chapters, except for Sura Taubah and in the middle of one Sura, it really sky rockets my count of verses here.

7-120. In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

Let me make a suggestion here, now, that we have 120 instructions from the All Knowing God, to be kind, merciful and compassionate.

Anyone, who has conscious or unconscious desire to benefit from political Islam, should first try this repeated teaching of being compassionate for a few decades. May be it will assuage his or her political ambition and bring him or her to true teachings of Islam.

“@The_MuslimTimes: Two Hundred Verses about Compassionate Living in the Quranhttp:///FX9gdneToi pic.twitter.com/VtdUH1zTDx”

— Salima (@salimaalouache1) July 5, 2015

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The Holy Quran suggests compassion and kindness to be a recipe to turn ones enemies into bosom friends:

121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

Now, I am going to catalog all occurrences of the word “Mohsin,” in Arabic, in the Quran, in singular or plural form, as it means, one who does good and is of service to others. Two of these occurrences have already been counted above and I will not repeat those here:

123. It shall be no sin for you if you divorce women while you have not touched them, nor settled for them a dowry. But provide for them — the rich man according to his means and the poor man according to his means — a provision in a becoming manner, an obligation upon the virtuous. (Al Quran 2:237)

124. Those who spend in prosperity and adversity, and those who suppress anger and pardon men; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:135)

125. So Allah gave them the reward of this world, as also an excellent reward of the next; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:149)

126. And who is better in faith than he who submits himself to Allah, and he is a doer of good, and follows the religion of Abraham, the upright? And Allah took Abraham for a special friend. (Al Quran 4:126)

127. So, because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them, and have hardened their hearts. They pervert the words from their proper places and have forgotten a good part of that with which they were exhorted. And thou wilt not cease to discover treachery on their part, except in a few of them. So pardon them and turn away from them. Surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:14)

128. So Allah rewarded them, for what they said, with Gardens beneath which streams flow. Therein shall they abide; and that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 5:86)

129. On those who believe and do good works there shall be no sin for what they eat, provided they fear God and believe and do good works, and again fear God and believe, yet again fear God and do good. And Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:94)

130. And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

131. And remember the time when We said: “Enter this village and eat therefrom — wherever you will — plentifully; and enter the gate submissively and say: ‘God! forgive us our sins.’ We shall forgive you your sins and We shall give increase to those who do good. (Al Quran 2:59)

132. And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order, and call upon Him in fear and hope. Surely, the mercy of Allah is nigh unto those who do good. (Al Quran 7:57)

133. And when it was said to them, “Dwell in this town and eat therefrom wherever you will, and say, ‘God! lighten our burden,’ and enter the gate in humility, We shall forgive you your sins, and surely We shall give increase to those who do good.” (Al Quran 7:162)

134. No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91)

135. It was not proper for the people of Medina and those around them from among the Arabs of the desert that they should have remained behind the Messenger of Allah or that they should have preferred their own lives to his. That is because there distresses them neither thirst nor fatigue nor hunger in the way of Allah, nor do they tread a track which enrages the disbelievers, nor do they cause an enemy any injury whatsoever, but there is written down for them a good work on account of it. Surely, Allah suffers not the reward of those who do good to be lost. (Al Quran 9:120)

136. And be thou steadfast; for surely, Allah suffers not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 11:116)

137. And when he attained his age of full strength, We granted him judgment and knowledge. And thus do We reward the doers of good. (Al Quran 12:23)

138. And with him there entered the prison two young men. One of them said, ‘I saw myself in a dream pressing wine.’ And the other said, ‘I saw myself in a dream carrying upon my head bread of which the birds are eating. Inform us of the interpretation thereof; for we see thee to be of the righteous.’ (Al Quran 12:37)

139. And thus did We establish Joseph in the land. He dwelt therein wherever he pleased. We bestow Our mercy on whomsoever We please, and We suffer not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 12:57)

140. They said, ‘O exalted one, he has a very aged father, so take one of us in his stead; for we see thee to be of those who do good.’ (Al Quran 12:79)

141. They replied, ‘Art thou Joseph?’ He said, ‘Yes, I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah has indeed been gracious to us. Verily, whoso is righteous and is steadfast — Allah will never suffer the reward of the good to be lost.’ (Al Quran 12:91)

142. Their flesh reaches not Allah, nor does their blood, but it is your righteousness that reaches Him. Thus has He subjected them to you, that you may glorify Allah for His guiding you. And give glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 22:38)

143. And when he reached his age of full strength and attained maturity, We gave him wisdom and knowledge; and thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 28:15)

144. A guidance and a mercy for those who do good. (Al Quran 31:4)

145. And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)

146. ‘But if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the Home of the Hereafter, then truly Allah has prepared for those of you who do good a great reward.’ (Al Quran 33:30)

147. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:81)

148. ‘Thou hast indeed fulfilled the dream.’ Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:106)

149. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:111)

150. And We bestowed blessings on him and Isaac. And among their progeny are some who do good and others who clearly wrong themselves. (Al Quran 37:114)

151. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:122)

152. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:132)

153. They will have with their Lord whatever they desire; that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 39:35)

154. “Or lest it should say, when it sees the punishment, ‘Would that there were for me a return to the world, I would then be among those who do good!’” (Al Quran 39:59)

155. And before it there was the Book of Moses, a guide and a mercy; and this is a Book in the Arabic language fulfilling previous prophecies, that it may warn those who do wrong; and as glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 46:13)

156. Receiving what their Lord will give them; for they used to do good before that. (Al Quran 51:17)

157. Thus surely do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 77:45)

158. Nay, whoever submits himself completely to Allah, and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord. No fear shall come upon such, neither shall they grieve. (Al Quran 2:113)

159. And spend for the cause of Allah, and cast not yourselves into ruin with your own hands, and do good; surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 2:196)

all the verses you provide only talk about love for the pious Muslims. simple question is this, provide one verse were Allah is said to love the unbelievers, just like the ones we read in Bible.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by dgbaba: 11:17pm On May 30, 2018
FriendNG:

It's also in his own opinion that you're a foolish liar.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by malvisguy212: 11:18pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=princeadams11 post=68023707]
Go ahead and show the verses that encourages terrorism since you know[/Toentice hisfollowers to fight in suicidal raids and wars, Muhammadcreated animage of Islamic paradisethat madeitdifficultfor his followers to resist, The promiseofeverlasting sexwithvirgins. Muhammad knewfor sure that sex would sell very well among his warriors.
Surah 4:24:“Also forbidden for you are married women, EXCEPTthose who have fallen inyourhands as PRISONERS OF WAR .”
Stillthe risk ofdeath discourage some Muslims fromparticipatingin Allah’s wars. Hence, Muhammadcame up with aningenious solution to theproblem. Thus, Muhammad designedanevil plan. He excited his believers with these promises:
Surah 44:54: “Thus (shall itbe), and We will wedthemwithHouris, pure, beautifulones"
Theabove quranicverse are in harmonywith this hadith:
Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Hadith Number3834: NarratedbyAl-Miqdam ibn Ma’dikarib: Allah’s Messenger (peacebe upon him) said, “THE MARTYR RECEIVESSIXGOOD THINGS:heis forgivenat thefirst sheddingof his blood; he isshownhisabode inParadise; he is preservedfrom the punishment inthegrave; heiskeptsafe fromthegreatest terror; hehas placedon his headthe crown ofhonor, a ruby of whichis better thantheworldand what it contains; he is marriedto SEVENTY-TWO WIVES OF THE MAIDENS WITH LARGE DARK EYES of;and is madeintercessorfor seventy ofhis relatives.”
Muhammadwas able to preachhis message effectivelyusing sex as a commodity in exchange for hismen’s supportto fight his battles, is a winwinsituation in fightingfor Allahcause.Should amuslimfight, hewill get his shearamong the prisoners ofwar. Should the muslimgot martyr in allahcause,hewill be awardedwith evenbeautifulvirgin, it is not uncommon to hear Muslims sayin boast to the infidels, “We lovedeathmorethanyou lovelife.” Areligion that encourages death canonlycome fromtheonewho brought death to thehuman race. The Bible describes death as anenemy. ( 1 Corinthians 15:26).
1 corinthians 15:25 Thelast enemy to be destroyed is death.
Sensuality intheKoran inspires young Muslim mento diefor Allah’s cause.A Holy God will neverresort to sexual incentive as ameans to secure believers. This is absolutely improper and blasphemousto theconcept of DivineHoliness. However, in the Koran we find Allah promisingMuslimmen with pleasuresoftheflesh, both in this lifeandin the lifeto come. ThismakesIslamavery carnal religion.]
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ofwest47(m): 11:28pm On May 30, 2018
All Islam a phobics are truly foolish as the POPE said. see the few verses of the Holy Quran as quoted by Salam Rusdie
See also the Quran chapter 109 _verse 1 to 6. where it says "there is no compulsion in religion. Also Islamic haters especially in Nigeria should watch how Islam is spreading across Europe and America. Does these haters of Islam know that there are more Muslims in Italy than the total population of Lebanon made up of more than 99% Muslims and they are all living in peace with their Christian counterparts . As for the so called Islamic terrorists, the ISIS it has even been revealed that their major sponsor had been American former President Obama according to Trump the current U S President.
My advice to the posters of hates on Islam should go to
www.Islam_guide.com to understand Islam further and there

after they are free to embrace Islam voluntarily at their wishes
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Azam101: 11:35pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.
You are confused! is jihad terrorism? Ewedu Muslim sister!
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by mutvy: 11:37pm On May 30, 2018
To all Christians on Nairaland who keep posting hatred against Muslims "May Almighty God destroy you one by one"
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

The bible justifies killing only when christians are prosecuted, right?
Exodus 20:13 (old testament)
Matthew 19:18 (new testament)
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by lekanation(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

With all you typed up there, I can't find the word "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS", doesn't that sentence exist in the Quran?
your mumuness is underhyped
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fucktoto: 11:59pm On May 30, 2018
ollah2:

Was Jesus an animal? If Muslims take this kinda thing, you will tag them " extremist" but it's cool when it's done by Christians.

Jesus' death was symbolic; He didn't die for nothing. It had been prophesied from the beginning that He would come to atone for our sins and also show us the ways of God. He died and resurrected after three days according to prophecy.

Unlike prafet moooohamid that came out of nowhere to wage war and overthrow kingdoms but was knocked out (technical k.o.) by a mere ram while he slamming his head, and he died with his wickedness.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by MightySparrow: 12:00am On May 31, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
I Believe in One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church. I Profess one Baptism for the Remmison of sins
?grin ?
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by jubrilcastle(m): 12:04am On May 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are being very shallow with the truth ...why don't you show me one verse on the Koran that preaches unconditional love ? Just one just one
لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ ۖ قَدْ تَبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ ۚ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِنْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انْفِصَامَ لَهَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

-Sura Al-Baqarah, Ayah 256

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالنَّصَارَىٰ وَالصَّابِئِينَ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

-Sura Al-Baqarah, Ayah 62
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:10am On May 31, 2018
lekanation:
your mumuness is underhyped

Mumulity test paper 1.

Test result: A+

...congratulation! you scored so high in daftness.

You should be very proud.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:43am On May 31, 2018
olajide21:

There are countless Ayah that i can share with you on the topic. Here are a few

1. Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Al Quran 16:91)

2.And as for those who strive in Our path — We will surely guide them in Our ways. And Indeed, Allah is with those who are of service to others. (Al Quran 29:70)

Indeed, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good. (Al Quran 16:129)

3. The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness. (Al Quran 55:61)

4. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

5. 121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

6. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

In the very beginning of every chapter or Sura of the Holy Quran, except one, we read, “In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.”

Allah is not only the Gracious and the Merciful, but, also wants humanity to be gracious and merciful, to each other, in their spheres and this can be inferred from many verses of the Holy Quran.

As this verse is in the beginning of 113 chapters, except for Sura Taubah and in the middle of one Sura, it really sky rockets my count of verses here.

7-120. In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

Let me make a suggestion here, now, that we have 120 instructions from the All Knowing God, to be kind, merciful and compassionate.

Anyone, who has conscious or unconscious desire to benefit from political Islam, should first try this repeated teaching of being compassionate for a few decades. May be it will assuage his or her political ambition and bring him or her to true teachings of Islam.

“@The_MuslimTimes: Two Hundred Verses about Compassionate Living in the Quranhttp:///FX9gdneToi pic.twitter.com/VtdUH1zTDx”

— Salima (@salimaalouache1) July 5, 2015

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The Holy Quran suggests compassion and kindness to be a recipe to turn ones enemies into bosom friends:

121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

Now, I am going to catalog all occurrences of the word “Mohsin,” in Arabic, in the Quran, in singular or plural form, as it means, one who does good and is of service to others. Two of these occurrences have already been counted above and I will not repeat those here:

123. It shall be no sin for you if you divorce women while you have not touched them, nor settled for them a dowry. But provide for them — the rich man according to his means and the poor man according to his means — a provision in a becoming manner, an obligation upon the virtuous. (Al Quran 2:237)

124. Those who spend in prosperity and adversity, and those who suppress anger and pardon men; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:135)

125. So Allah gave them the reward of this world, as also an excellent reward of the next; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:149)

126. And who is better in faith than he who submits himself to Allah, and he is a doer of good, and follows the religion of Abraham, the upright? And Allah took Abraham for a special friend. (Al Quran 4:126)

127. So, because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them, and have hardened their hearts. They pervert the words from their proper places and have forgotten a good part of that with which they were exhorted. And thou wilt not cease to discover treachery on their part, except in a few of them. So pardon them and turn away from them. Surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:14)

128. So Allah rewarded them, for what they said, with Gardens beneath which streams flow. Therein shall they abide; and that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 5:86)

129. On those who believe and do good works there shall be no sin for what they eat, provided they fear God and believe and do good works, and again fear God and believe, yet again fear God and do good. And Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:94)

130. And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

131. And remember the time when We said: “Enter this village and eat therefrom — wherever you will — plentifully; and enter the gate submissively and say: ‘God! forgive us our sins.’ We shall forgive you your sins and We shall give increase to those who do good. (Al Quran 2:59)

132. And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order, and call upon Him in fear and hope. Surely, the mercy of Allah is nigh unto those who do good. (Al Quran 7:57)

133. And when it was said to them, “Dwell in this town and eat therefrom wherever you will, and say, ‘God! lighten our burden,’ and enter the gate in humility, We shall forgive you your sins, and surely We shall give increase to those who do good.” (Al Quran 7:162)

134. No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91)

135. It was not proper for the people of Medina and those around them from among the Arabs of the desert that they should have remained behind the Messenger of Allah or that they should have preferred their own lives to his. That is because there distresses them neither thirst nor fatigue nor hunger in the way of Allah, nor do they tread a track which enrages the disbelievers, nor do they cause an enemy any injury whatsoever, but there is written down for them a good work on account of it. Surely, Allah suffers not the reward of those who do good to be lost. (Al Quran 9:120)

136. And be thou steadfast; for surely, Allah suffers not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 11:116)

137. And when he attained his age of full strength, We granted him judgment and knowledge. And thus do We reward the doers of good. (Al Quran 12:23)

138. And with him there entered the prison two young men. One of them said, ‘I saw myself in a dream pressing wine.’ And the other said, ‘I saw myself in a dream carrying upon my head bread of which the birds are eating. Inform us of the interpretation thereof; for we see thee to be of the righteous.’ (Al Quran 12:37)

139. And thus did We establish Joseph in the land. He dwelt therein wherever he pleased. We bestow Our mercy on whomsoever We please, and We suffer not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 12:57)

140. They said, ‘O exalted one, he has a very aged father, so take one of us in his stead; for we see thee to be of those who do good.’ (Al Quran 12:79)

141. They replied, ‘Art thou Joseph?’ He said, ‘Yes, I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah has indeed been gracious to us. Verily, whoso is righteous and is steadfast — Allah will never suffer the reward of the good to be lost.’ (Al Quran 12:91)

142. Their flesh reaches not Allah, nor does their blood, but it is your righteousness that reaches Him. Thus has He subjected them to you, that you may glorify Allah for His guiding you. And give glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 22:38)

143. And when he reached his age of full strength and attained maturity, We gave him wisdom and knowledge; and thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 28:15)

144. A guidance and a mercy for those who do good. (Al Quran 31:4)

145. And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)

146. ‘But if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the Home of the Hereafter, then truly Allah has prepared for those of you who do good a great reward.’ (Al Quran 33:30)

147. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:81)

148. ‘Thou hast indeed fulfilled the dream.’ Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:106)

149. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:111)

150. And We bestowed blessings on him and Isaac. And among their progeny are some who do good and others who clearly wrong themselves. (Al Quran 37:114)

151. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:122)

152. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:132)

153. They will have with their Lord whatever they desire; that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 39:35)

154. “Or lest it should say, when it sees the punishment, ‘Would that there were for me a return to the world, I would then be among those who do good!’” (Al Quran 39:59)

155. And before it there was the Book of Moses, a guide and a mercy; and this is a Book in the Arabic language fulfilling previous prophecies, that it may warn those who do wrong; and as glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 46:13)

156. Receiving what their Lord will give them; for they used to do good before that. (Al Quran 51:17)

157. Thus surely do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 77:45)

158. Nay, whoever submits himself completely to Allah, and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord. No fear shall come upon such, neither shall they grieve. (Al Quran 2:113)

159. And spend for the cause of Allah, and cast not yourselves into ruin with your own hands, and do good; surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 2:196)

you call this a few? Bruh.... grin I'm no Muslim but I'm Impressed you flooded that idiot with proof.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by 2016v2017: 12:56am On May 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are being very shallow with the truth ...why don't you show me one verse on the Koran that preaches unconditional love ? Just one just one
this Francis you guys respect so much is not different from what others people are.
He's just a man ,a mere man with 2 balls like every other men.
He's inconsistent and likes to play favouritism to remain relevant in the society.
He's just a leader of some cult or sect, called Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Lockedaway: 1:32am On May 31, 2018
Islam is not a religion
Allah does not exist as far as am concerned
Its in d quarantine that they should kill everyone who fails to realise Allah as God ask the northern Muslims not d yorubas cos d Yorubas don't take it serious like d northerners
They are ready to kill for Allah. ..so tell me is that one a God
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Hiltaux(m): 2:06am On May 31, 2018
FriendNG:

You're not a Muslim you're Kafiri. Claiming to be a Muslim doesn't make you 1.

Your post from 2016 below. Hypocrite.

https://www.nairaland.com/3249077/why-people-leave-islam-spoken#50251322

angry grin
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 3:51am On May 31, 2018
mrdashing10:

Exodus 20:13 (old testament)
Matthew 19:18 (new testament)

So?
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ollah2: 3:56am On May 31, 2018
fucktoto:

Jesus' death was symbolic; He didn't die for nothing. It had been prophesied from the beginning that He would come to atone for our sins and also show us the ways of God. He died and resurrected after three days according to prophecy.

Unlike prafet moooohamid that came out of nowhere to wage war and overthrow kingdoms but was knocked out (technical k.o.) by a mere ram while he slamming his head, and he died with his wickedness.

What was symbolic about his death? You keep writing co.ck and bull stories, initially you said to clear sins from the world and the world is worst than it was prior to him . You switched to atonement which means your god prefers a human sacrifice to animals.

However Muhammed must have slammed his head, the prophets before him slammed theirs too. I believe those doesn't count because of you hatred for Islam.
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by olamurphy95(m): 4:26am On May 31, 2018
flex04:
1) heheehe i no say seun go wn move this kind tin come fp

2) nxt dem go dey shout this is a follower of christ

first muslim to say the truth this year grin grin grin....may ur fast be worthwhile...rem noo near woman ooo cheesy
she z Christian in disguise........
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 4:46am On May 31, 2018
mrdashing10:

You're getting it wrong. I'm not arguing with you
You're confused
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by bayocanny: 5:25am On May 31, 2018
Ganiyat72:
ode! you're a disgrace to islam,i wonder if you have a proper upbringing..
probably you didn't attend Arabic classes neither do you know how to recite Al Quran. hadn't been you have verse knowledge about Islam, you won't be saying rubbis

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Daniel Olukoya Files N10bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.