Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians (1885 Views)

JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by MrBigiman: 3:02pm On May 30, 2018
In a rather pathetic move, the amorphous body called Johesu have called off their strike of over 1month, citing sensitivity to the plight of Nigerians as their reason.

Prior to now, Johesu have boasted that their strike would take as long as 1year as long as their demands are not met. Today however, a defeated President, Mr Biobeleye, with head bent claimed to be resuming in the interest of Nigerians, he has also warned members to resume as he cannot guarantee their job security if they don't.

This is coming against the backdrop of a memo released yesterday by all teaching hospitals asking health workers to resume or consider their jobs lost.

Today as ever, Doctors were in high spirit doing their job. A Doctor said, " I would have loved to work with new fresh trainable faces, as against the ones who have benefitted immensely from the decades of corruption that have diffused into our hospitals. However, if they repent, we will be more than willing to improve the health sector with their kind support. "

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by thesicilian: 3:40pm On May 30, 2018
The fear of losing your job...
Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by Thanks18(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2018
Statement on Vanguard "Breaking News: JOHESU calls off strike''
A JOHESU Executive said: This info is wrong, the strike has not been called off yet.
We just left the court and we agreed that we would only call off the strike if the NIC is successful in its mediation as a neutral body BTW US and the FG.
If successful in 24 hrs we would immediately call off the strike.
But the strike is still on
Aluta continua
Adewole do your worst

3 Likes

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by Greystone: 5:12pm On May 30, 2018
During the 44 days that you wer striking and Nigerians wer dying, u didn’t consider their plight it’s now u see there’s no hope for you that you are citing that as an excuse to run back to work?

Mtscheew...

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by ckmayoca: 10:37pm On May 30, 2018
why blaming johesu and not the fed govt who made deal with them and not fulfilling it. ya ll is mad coz Buhari promised and failed u. this govt is bulls hit cos they lie to in order to see tomorrow .
Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by phase1: 1:43am On May 31, 2018
The 'malaria and typhoid' propagandists are at it again. grin

2 Likes

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by xgada(m): 5:38am On May 31, 2018
How can you say a defeated president/JOHESU? The man that has given all the government apparatuses sleepless nights you are calling defeated? JOHESU dared the court's 24hour ultimatum and nothing happened.
Do you know what it means to sack more than 750,000 worker at a go? It's just that sometimes you have to soft-pedal and allow inputs in unionism. Ask any of the members whether they are afraid sack.
I am very ashamed of the FMOH and NMA for coming so low with those tones of lies and propaganda.
And for some of you here that are keyboard warriors rather than thinkers, you'll someday come to realise what JOHESU stood for.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by MrBigiman: 7:06am On May 31, 2018
xgada:
How can you say a defeated president/JOHESU? The man that has given all the government apparatuses sleepless nights you are calling defeated? JOHESU dared the court's 24hour ultimatum and nothing happened.
Do you know what it means to sack more than 750,000 worker at a go? It's just that sometimes you have to soft-pedal and allow inputs in unionism. Ask any of the members whether they are afraid sack.
I am very ashamed of the FMOH and NMA for coming so low with those tones of lies and propaganda.
And for some of you here that are keyboard warriors rather than thinkers, you'll someday come to realise what JOHESU stood for.

Johesu stood for nothing except earning and gaining the same rights as Doctors through strike, lies and propaganda. When ur so called hero said house officers earn over 300k, I knew he'll soon run out of ideas. His fight was completely unethical.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by TempoJames(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2018
xgada:

The fear of sack is the beginning of wisdom.
LUTH receive overdose of applicants aspiring to be Nursing staffs. The stupid Johesu president can't garauntee your job security.Idiots. Bunch of losers. No work No pay. No single achievment rather losers.
Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by Thanks18(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2018
Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy
# Fowardedasrecieved .
The Agreement at National Industrial Court are as follows:
1. Court takes over the negotiations between
JOHESU & Govt in its Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Centre.
2. JOHESU & Govt side are to nominate their representatives in the ADR process within 24 hours.
3. The agreement reached at the ADR Centre will be registered in the Court as judgment binding on both parties.
4. JOHESU is to initiate the process of allowing normalcy to return to hospitals within 3 days.
Appeal from us: JOHESU is still consulting to take a decision which will be communicated to members accordingly. All social media & newspaper propaganda must be ignored until you hear from your representatives.
We are right now in the Senate for a meeting with the Senate President; NLC & TUC Leadership fully with us in the Senate now for the meeting.
Will keep you updated.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by TempoJames(m): 1:57pm On May 31, 2018
Thanks18:
Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy
# Fowardedasrecieved .
The Agreement at National Industrial Court are as follows:
1. Court takes over the negotiations between
JOHESU & Govt in its Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Centre.
2. JOHESU & Govt side are to nominate their representatives in the ADR process within 24 hours.
3. The agreement reached at the ADR Centre will be registered in the Court as judgment binding on both parties.
4. JOHESU is to initiate the process of allowing normalcy to return to hospitals within 3 days.
Appeal from us: JOHESU is still consulting to take a decision which will be communicated to members accordingly. All social media & newspaper propaganda must be ignored until you hear from your representatives.
We are right now in the Senate for a meeting with the Senate President; NLC & TUC Leadership fully with us in the Senate now for the meeting.
Will keep you updated.
Thanks.
in the senate since yesterday and health workers have resume work here in UNTH today? shame johesu. I say shame.....u better return to work else u lose it...
Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by Id87: 3:21pm On May 31, 2018
At this point in this JOHESU strike, i wish to ask NMA/FG/FMoH the following questions and i wish to have answers to them. So many things looks so confusing and they are looking like children playing with sand:

1. NMA and some Doctors initially claims that Doctors are not on strike and work is going on without any hitch. Infact, that they have been trained to handle all including mopping of the hospital floor, cleaning the toilets, etc. So,
a. Why are some groups saying Nigerians are dying that JOHESU should resume?
b. Are the dying Nigerians dying in the hands of Doctors on duty?

2. NMA/FMoH/FG now wants to compel JOHESU to resume.
a. NMA, why do you want FG to compel JOHESU to resume by all means if you own the 'most important service' to the patient?
b. Why is FMoH/NMA finding all means to employ Locum professionals- the ones you have called all manner of names on the media. Why why why do you want to employ Locum staff who are not relevant to the patients?

3. Court Order. Why is the Court order which compels JOHESU members to return to work suddenly become sacrosanct in the hands of FMoH that JOHESU leaders are now threatened with imprisonment?
Why was nobody imprisoned when about 10 Court judgements in favor of JOHESU were trashed my members of NMA?
I need to pause here to make a few comments:
a. Dont forget that work is going on steadily in all the Hospitals.
b. Dont forget that these JOHESU people are not relevant to health services.
Why would you threaten someone if you do not have a do-or-die interest? Yes, i am asking...i need answers.
So, please answer my question in a simple clear term. Is there something threatening you by this strike action?
If i say my wife is useless and i send her packing, why should i be asking here father to compel here back home. Is something wrong with me upstairs?...still wondering

4. FG/FMoH Sir, is there any just reason for you to adjust CONMESS by 50% and you want to adjust CONHESS by only 25%, 15% or even nothing?
Is it not clear to you Sir?
You upgraded N100 to N150, but you dont wish to upgrade N60 to N90, you want it to be N75 or less. Why do you desire to do such injustice to that guy earning less?
Why are you saying his N90 will suddenly be equivalent to the N150 that your friend is getting?
Why is it that N90 suddenly becomes a threat to your padi's N150 that you are threatening hell and brimestone?

5. Is something wrong with a black man upstairs? Pls answer me...
I am ashamed...
Monkeys?...Shitholes?

1 Like

Re: Johesu Backpedals, Apologizes To Nigerians by MrBigiman: 6:36pm On May 31, 2018
Id87:
At this point in this JOHESU strike, i wish to ask NMA/FG/FMoH the following questions and i wish to have answers to them. So many things looks so confusing and they are looking like children playing with sand:

1. NMA and some Doctors initially claims that Doctors are not on strike and work is going on without any hitch. Infact, that they have been trained to handle all including mopping of the hospital floor, cleaning the toilets, etc. So,
a. Why are some groups saying Nigerians are dying that JOHESU should resume?
b. Are the dying Nigerians dying in the hands of Doctors on duty?

2. NMA/FMoH/FG now wants to compel JOHESU to resume.
a. NMA, why do you want FG to compel JOHESU to resume by all means if you own the 'most important service' to the patient?
b. Why is FMoH/NMA finding all means to employ Locum professionals- the ones you have called all manner of names on the media. Why why why do you want to employ Locum staff who are not relevant to the patients?

3. Court Order. Why is the Court order which compels JOHESU members to return to work suddenly become sacrosanct in the hands of FMoH that JOHESU leaders are now threatened with imprisonment?
Why was nobody imprisoned when about 10 Court judgements in favor of JOHESU were trashed my members of NMA?
I need to pause here to make a few comments:
a. Dont forget that work is going on steadily in all the Hospitals.
b. Dont forget that these JOHESU people are not relevant to health services.
Why would you threaten someone if you do not have a do-or-die interest? Yes, i am asking...i need answers.
So, please answer my question in a simple clear term. Is there something threatening you by this strike action?
If i say my wife is useless and i send her packing, why should i be asking here father to compel here back home. Is something wrong with me upstairs?...still wondering

4. FG/FMoH Sir, is there any just reason for you to adjust CONMESS by 50% and you want to adjust CONHESS by only 25%, 15% or even nothing?
Is it not clear to you Sir?
You upgraded N100 to N150, but you dont wish to upgrade N60 to N90, you want it to be N75 or less. Why do you desire to do such injustice to that guy earning less?
Why are you saying his N90 will suddenly be equivalent to the N150 that your friend is getting?
Why is it that N90 suddenly becomes a threat to your padi's N150 that you are threatening hell and brimestone?

5. Is something wrong with a black man upstairs? Pls answer me...
I am ashamed...
Monkeys?...Shitholes?

Why all ur rants?,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Days Cure For Foot Ulcer/ Acha-ere Or Enyi-ure In Igbo / Ekiti To Host 64th National Council On Health Meeting / A Doctor's "S e c r e t" Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.