Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wrong (664 Views)

Lessons From The Birth Of Jesus (3) - John 1:1-14 / What's Incorrect About King James' Rendering Of John 1:1? / John 1:1 According To Greek And Aramaic Translation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 30, 2018
Wrong
Re: Wrong by AnodaIT(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2018
Wtf is going on
Re: Wrong by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2018
Reiyvinn:
The Watchtower and Tract Society, Governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, have again re-translated a portion of John chapter 1 (among others) in their online library.

It should be noted that this very translation has been subject to many debates and scrutiny for decades.

John 1:1c which used to read “...and the Word was a god" in older versions like 1984 and 2013 have now taken another turn since the release of the Kingdom Interlinear (Greek Translation of the New Testament) to now read: "...and the Word was God"

John 1:18 which used to read "...only begotten god..." now reads "...Only Born God..."

No one knows the reason for this change but you can check it out: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/by/E/1972/43/1#v=43:1:23

Screenshots below in case it is edited later....

Maybe Jehovah just reviewed this one to them. Hopefully, they will repent from deny the divinity and Godhood of Jesus Christ.
Re: Wrong by Switup: 8:16pm On May 30, 2018
Reiyvinn:
The Watchtower and Tract Society, Governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, have again re-translated a portion of John chapter 1 (among others) in their online library.

It should be noted that this very translation has been subject to many debates and scrutiny for decades.

John 1:1c which used to read “...and the Word was a god" in older versions like 1984 and 2013 have now taken another turn since the release of the Kingdom Interlinear (Greek Translation of the New Testament) to now read: "...and the Word was God"

John 1:18 which used to read "...only begotten god..." now reads "...Only Born God..."

No one knows the reason for this change but you can check it out: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/by/E/1972/43/1#v=43:1:23

Screenshots below in case it is edited later....
what is your aim now undecided undecided

and by the way our website is www.jw.org

1 Like

Re: Wrong by rottennaija(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2018
The screen shot is from the Byington translation hosted in the website.
Re: Wrong by rottennaija(m): 8:51pm On May 30, 2018
Switup:

Is the website in the screenshot not the same with what you type? JWs and their high level of ignorance
Re: Wrong by Switup: 9:02pm On May 30, 2018
rottennaija:

Is the website in the screenshot not the same with what you type? JWs and their high level of ignorance
nopes... rottennaija

our official website is www.jw.org and not wol.jw.org

and mind ur use of words rottennaija

DSS1335:
There is nothing wrong with that. The message which centered about Divinity of Christ is made more clearer. I guess it won't be fair identifying Christ with 'god' but with 'God'
, thank u
Re: Wrong by DSS1335: 9:06pm On May 30, 2018
There is nothing wrong with that. The message which centered about Divinity of Christ is made more clearer. I guess it won't be fair identifying Christ with 'god' but with 'God'
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 30, 2018
Switup:

How is that link different from what I posted?
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 30, 2018
rottennaija:

Lol I tire for the guy o
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 30, 2018
DSS1335:

But but erhm I thought your Bible teaches "You shall have no God but me"
Re: Wrong by Switup: 9:12pm On May 30, 2018
im out
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 30, 2018
AnodaIT:
Wtf is going on

My question too.
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 30, 2018
Switup:

grin grin grin

JW.ORG owns all subsidiaries under it. Just as web.facebook.com and mobile.facebook.com are still Facbook.com

Search for Kingdom Interlinear Translation under JW.ORG and go to John 1:1
Re: Wrong by dorox(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2018
The jw online bible website is host to six different translations including kjv, american standard version and Byington translation. what the op quoted is from the Byington translation. The new world translation still renders that passage as 'a god.'

I don't know if the op is genuinely mistaken or just being malicious.
Re: Wrong by rottennaija(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2018
Switup:
nopes... rottennaija

and mind ur use of words rottennaija

, thank u

wol.jw.org is the online library for JWs. It's full meaning is watchtower online library.

JW.org is the official website for the general public. And sorry for my language, just that I have seen so much of it.
Re: Wrong by rottennaija(m): 9:42pm On May 30, 2018
dorox:
The jw online bible website is host to six different translations including kjv, american standard version and Byington translation. what the op quoted is from the Byington translation. The new world translation still renders that passage as 'a god.'

Just noticed that now.
Re: Wrong by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 30, 2018
dorox:

I just ran a check on it from PC view, it appears that I mistook that for the KIT which I just saw now and it says "and god was the the word" (translated from theos en ho logos) contrary to the above https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/int/E/1985/43/1

Came as a shocker when I saw it and was a little careless not to have run a double check.

It's indeed the Byinton translation, not a "revised" NWT. Apologies.
Re: Wrong by dorox(m): 5:59am On May 31, 2018
Reiyvinn:

I just ran a check on it from PC view, it appears that I mistook that for the KIT which I just saw now and it says "and god was the the word" (translated from theos en ho logos) contrary to the above https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/int/E/1985/43/1

Came as a shocker when I saw it and was a little careless not to have run a double check.

It's indeed the Byinton translation, not a "revised" NWT. Apologies.

I understand, we have all done worse. Have a good day.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Winners Church Members Heal Man Who Had Been Mad For 10 Years In Ekiti / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's First Daughter Is Getting Married! / Unbelievable : See What A Cele Pastor Is Doing With This Lady In The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.