Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill (37511 Views)

Fani Kayode: IPOB Rigged Ireti Kingibe Into Power As FCT Senator / Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / Air Strikes In Orlu: "They Have Finally Brought The War Upon Us" - IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by excel101(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2018
kanubiafra:
Your Contradicting Yourself The Sit At Home Was In Respect Of The Dead In The First Place. So Whats Your Point
Has he said anything different?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by kanubiafra: 11:43pm On May 30, 2018
excel101:
Has he said anything different?
He Said He Sat In Doors As Mark Of Respect For The Dead And Not Because Ipob "Ordered" To Sit At Home For The Dead. For The Records Ipob Did Not Order People To Sit At Home They Called For A Sit At Home And People "Willingly Followed" And The Man Sat At Home In Respect For The Dead. On The Other Hand Two Gov From Se Ordered People To Come Out And Yet The People Refused To obey Them Even On The Pain Of Losing Thier Job And Shop. The People Deserve Some praise For Thier Courage

4 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Simbrixton(m): 11:49pm On May 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Then you are saying in essence that it was cowardice that made yorubas to support the north in the war. The northern troops were also stationed in Enugu and p.harcourt but Ojukwu asked them to leave! Awolowo was already in prison in Calabar and Ogundipe who was supposed to be made the GCFR as the highest ranking military officer after the assassination of Aguiyi Ironsi was forced to go on exile so that a northerner in the person of Gowon would be handed over power. Which means the yorubas were also being unjustly treated in Nigeria back then yet you guys joined forces with a common enemy to suppress the Biafrans! Why was that?
first of all yorubas are not cowards i agree with most of what you have written but i have a few accusation of my own if azikiwe was leading the igbos during this time igbos wouldn't have gone to war i am pretty sure Awolowo faced a lot of challenges it would have been pretty hard to make a decision that would have left yoruba suffering thrice the casualties of the igbos and there are writings that suggested that generals like obasanjo advised awo against war like i said ojukwu was a soldier awo was a politician and his initial statement suggested he wanted to pull out
2)from all documentaries have watched igbos introduced nepotism into Nigeria igbo hatred of yorubas was long before the civil War infact this betrayal talk is just cover up the igbos have an untrue believe they are superior to yorubas(igbos introduced na my brother into civil service that is what even my grandfather told me and I saw my parents experience it as well wen I was growing up. The biggest evidence was biafran war strategy ojukwu attacked Yorubaland first, personally there are suspicions he wanted to annex Yorubaland while some people say because lagos was the capital
3)some yorubas where on the side of biafra wole soyinka notably jailed for ten years and some volunteer soldiers
4)i personally apologise for the support of the last generation in keeping Nigeria one but no yoruba would ever fault Awolowo even me, but now which is the biggest regret its much more difficult for Nigeria to break up, immigration of the igbos outside Igboland in large number has made it really difficult you guys agitation to succeed igbos should have negotiated to develop the east after the war and have majority of ur population dere
But i would be positive and believe something would happen in my lifetime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by akdjr(m): 12:48am On May 31, 2018
Go and check the result of the votes Ojukwu got when he contested for President of Nigeria. quote author=Kingsley1000 post=68029281]IPOB SHOULD FORM A POLITICAL PARTY AND TAKE OVER THE EAST[/quote]
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by odigbosky(m): 12:49am On May 31, 2018
Simbrixton:
first of all yorubas are not cowards i agree with most of what you have written but i have a few accusation of my own if azikiwe was leading the igbos during this time igbos wouldn't have gone to war i am pretty sure Awolowo faced a lot of challenges it would have been pretty hard to make a decision that would have left yoruba suffering thrice the casualties of the igbos and there are writings that suggested that generals like obasanjo advised awo against war like i said ojukwu was a soldier awo was a politician and his initial statement suggested he wanted to pull out
2)from all documentaries have watched igbos introduced nepotism into Nigeria igbo hatred of yorubas was long before the civil War infact this betrayal talk is just cover up the igbos have an untrue believe they are superior to yorubas(igbos introduced na my brother into civil service that is what even my grandfather told me and I saw my parents experience it as well wen I was growing up. The biggest evidence was biafran war strategy ojukwu attacked Yorubaland first, personally there are suspicions he wanted to annex Yorubaland while some people say because lagos was the capital
3)some yorubas where on the side of biafra wole soyinka notably jailed for ten years and some volunteer soldiers
4)i personally apologise for the support of the last generation in keeping Nigeria one but no yoruba would ever fault Awolowo even me, but now which is the biggest regret its much more difficult for Nigeria to break up, immigration of the igbos outside Igboland in large number has made it really difficult you guys agitation to succeed igbos should have negotiated to develop the east after the war and have majority of ur population dere

yeah....though i respect the Ikemba, but i have come to see that he made a mistake in the timing of his declaration probably due to the incessant killing. You don't prepare for such war of that magnitude with about 2 years....Ikemba even had less that time but it was even much easier then than now that we ain't practicing regionalism.....However kudos to the Igbos for their sit at home...ideas don't die easily

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by flames01: 1:07am On May 31, 2018
malificent:
cry

Majority stayed home out of respect for the dead and fallen heroes not because of orders.

May the souls of our fallen heroes rest in peace. They fought for a good cause.

Modified :

For those bashing me, please allow me mourn my grandfather who died in the war in Peace. I am currently in Awka, there was no one stationed on the road to harass anyone who wanted to go about his or her normal business. I stayed home. It's a personal decision. I have someone I have to mourn.

How is that contradictory?

It's strange how you want to separate the order from the action and purpose as if the order wasn't born out of the purpose.

And if I were you, I will speak for myself and not for "Majority"

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by potterdon: 1:58am On May 31, 2018
Finally afonjas can now rest from their hate grin happy June 12 in advance. Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Uzoezeamugo: 2:37am On May 31, 2018
Newpride:
This ffk is worst than Lucifer.....
He sent Nnamdi Kanu to his early grave while he his busy building his own life and family, even with triplet...

Igbos are senseless and cheat beaters... shocked
Don't deny it, you are seriously pained.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Uzoezeamugo: 2:57am On May 31, 2018
Yyeske:
Not making sense, why didn't IPOB schedule the exam for another day since today was declared a sit at home day for everyone?
Are the examiners not IPOB Biafrans or are they still Nigerians?
Nigerian schools were open for Nigerian exams for Nigerian students in Anambra state, Nigeria, deal with it.
You still use the Nigerian currency on Nigerian soil as we speak. If na lie, send me all your Nigerian naira this moment.
It pained you, total compliance in Sweden

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by namio10: 2:59am On May 31, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
I lost my uncles in that war while my dad fought the war as a 15 year old only child.

I'm proud of their sacrifice and will not run away if I'm called to serve.

We fight wars to die today so that our kids future will be secured

Kudos.
Europeans enjoy liberty today because of the sacrifices their youths made to liberate their countries from Evil people.

It's most important for one to believe in a cause and be ready to fight for it.

Igbos, indeed, Eastern Nigerians, have a bleak future in Nigeria.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Bitterleafsoup: 3:13am On May 31, 2018
PassingShot:
Any opportunity to wail in frustration.

No amount of wailing, cursing and teeth gnashing will save you from the impending sentencing for your corruption crimes. You shall be jailed soon. It's a matter of time before the long hands of the law catch up with you.

You haven't seen anything.
You are really an unhappy chap

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by namio10: 5:03am On May 31, 2018
Simbrixton:

Figments of imagination.

Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Indonesia, Czechoslovakia - all exited longer than Nigeria before they broke into more governable countries.

When a country is not practicable, break it up into more practicable countries - for the sake of humanity dwelling in the non-practicable country.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Unseen(m): 5:39am On May 31, 2018
Yyeske:
Schools should've closed down outrightly as IPOB wanted a total sit at home, at least it can organise another exam for the students.
I decided to get to office today on keke to prove that public transport was intact unlike that of last year.
No school opened today you say but students went to write a national exam and not an IPOB sponsored exam.
If there was 100% compliance as you insinuated then there shouldn't be any exam and of course no movement .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-44304368#

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by talk2percy(m): 5:59am On May 31, 2018
My father fought in the war and we lost our house in Ph,- mile1, to the bloody and cursed Nigerian government. They thought harassing Nnamdi Kanu will kill the Biafran spirit. Thunder kill them
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by talk2percy(m): 5:59am On May 31, 2018
My father fought in the war and we lost our house in Ph,- mile1, to the bloody and cursed Nigerian government. They thought harassing Nnamdi Kanu will kill the Biafran spirit. Thunder kill them, ndi ara!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by shabak: 6:33am On May 31, 2018
one day is too short to sit at home why can't them make it one month so that we can see who gain or lost ,
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by mrpopsy: 7:18am On May 31, 2018
Mayrock:
surely Biafrans has won again....

and we keep winning.......

It was a total lock down....

as I was observing my sit at home I hear shouts of all hail biafra....it must come to pass...we are behind u people.....i just rushed out and saw IPOB marching across my street....

even the aged was running to see them....
the children were happy
the youths were happy.....

I saw one biafran of about 6yrs saying daddy see biafrans....i smile

and I ask if this little boy know of biafra that means u can never kill that ideology coz they will grow to continue where there fathers stopped.....
let me stop
the sit at home was a success.
....The sun will soon set bro you all should get ready for it.......#SONOFTHESUN
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Pelsmic: 7:57am On May 31, 2018
Seen
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Ziggylady(f): 8:07am On May 31, 2018
Uzoezeamugo:

My in-law sent me a video of their rally in Sweden...it was heart-warming hearing them sing Igbo songs as they paraded the streets,while hoardes of Swedes and other Nationals lined up on either side of the road,smiling,waving and taking pictures.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Barzinime(m): 9:53am On May 31, 2018
Just like Jesus Christ is coming soon, but its over 2000 years now grin
tishbite41:
Biafra on the Beat
NK really has a vision
Biafra will materialise anytime from now!!!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Barzinime(m): 10:06am On May 31, 2018
Who Cares! undecided

You guys started what you couldnt finish

For all i know

The 1966(1st) Nigerian coup d'état began on January 15, 1966, when mutinous Nigerian soldiers led by Kaduna Nzeogwu and Emmanuel Ifeajuna killed 22 people[1] including the Prime Minister of Nigeria, many senior politicians, many senior Army officers (including their wives), and sentinels on protective duty.[2][3] The coup plotters attacked the cities of Kaduna, Ibadan, and Lagos while also blockading the Niger and Benue River within a two-day span of time before the coup plotters were subdued. The General Officer Commanding, of the Nigerian Army, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi then used the coup as a pretext to annex power, ending Nigeria's nascent democracy. It was one of the events that led to the Nigerian Civil War.

malificent:
cry

Majority stayed home out of respect for the dead and fallen heroes not because of orders.

May the souls of our fallen heroes rest in peace. They fought for a good cause.

Modified :

For those bashing me, please allow me mourn my grandfather who died in the war in Peace. I am currently in Awka, there was no one stationed on the road to harass anyone who wanted to go about his or her normal business. I stayed home. It's a personal decision. I have someone I have to mourn.

How is that contradictory?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Positivepoint(m): 10:14am On May 31, 2018
congorasta:

5percent that are living n balling better than you n your folks

are u sure about that
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by tishbite41(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2018
Barzinime:
Just like Jesus Christ is coming soon, but its over 2000 years now grin
Afonja , don't believe me, just watch!!!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Dedetwo(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2018
Mutemenot:
Buhari failed to understand that 95 percent of igbos are hardcore Biafrans . You can't kill ideology that has come to stay

Nobody has ever stopped nationalist movement anywhere on earth. Those who attempted to do so were consumed by the raging fire of nationalist volcano.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Barzinime(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2018
bla bla bla undecided
tishbite41:
Afonja , don't believe me, just watch!!!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Dedetwo(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2018
Simbrixton:

Actions speak louder than the voice. When a family members joined a band of vagabonds who have just brazenly murdered the lead son of the family in the family's house, it is an act of cowardice. Again, in a time of war and a group of people allowed themselves to be led by a dumbass idle civilian such Awolowo in a time of serious war while there are men in fatigue uniform, then there is something inherently defaulted about the brevity of the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by mbos: 2:10pm On May 31, 2018
Pentools:

Which table is he shaking
The guy is 100% correct, if you know igbos well u should know they don't follow orders (Igbo enwero-eze) they do what they deem necessary and called for) 99% did that out of what courtesy demands and never order.

they dont know anything about Biafrans

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by Yyeske(m): 3:27pm On May 31, 2018
Uzoezeamugo:
I thought it was supposed to be a sit at home and what are those ones doing outside?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill by ofwest47(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2018
Shame, Omo Fani powerless so you no see every body going about their normal duties not minding the cry of Biafràuds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Abdullah bin Al-Hussein, King Of Jordan (Photos) / Police Helicopter In Kwara Ahead Of Bye-Election, Causes Panic Among Residents / Edo 2020 Debate: Ize-Iyamu Rattles Obaseki On Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.