Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World (13370 Views)

UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / UI Ranked 1st And Lautech 14th Best Universities In Nigeria - Webometric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Orpe7(m): 10:02am On May 31, 2018
Naija version na politics na

AnonymousIP:
grin grin

Also Check The "2018 NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY RANKING"

Because i Can See The University of Ibadan is Not the Best In Nigeria ....

Neither is it the 2nd ...

See Full List Here : https://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by mayowaanthony: 10:30am On May 31, 2018
University of Ibadan seem to be the best university in Nigeria. I saw an interesting article on a website that compared the ranking of top Nigerian universities on a few ranking publications. You may check and see why i think UI is the best. UP UI!!! https://www.studylocal.ng/ArticleDetail/21/Institution-Performance-Rankings-Top-Nigerian-Universities.aspx
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by OneTeslim(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2018
Kemisolabadmus:

Sorry ehn, tell them to put auchi polythecnic instead so because a school is ranked the best all thier product must be the best

You don't know who you quoting? u get time
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by yusman14(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2018
rozayx5:
lol

all Nigerian govt universities are shitholes graduating job seekers every minute

wanna see universities go to SA
..haters...and government unis ar always ranked best in nigeria...were ar ur private unis??u av no point
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by yusman14(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2018
hope4life:
Pls help me check LASU in the world University ranking.very important
lol..lasu..is dat 1 a skul??ur skul is not even in nigeria top 20 or 30..in africa lasu shud b around 200 ..and world's rankin shud b 10,000++....
i rep #gr8 ife
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Westaslave2(f): 1:23pm On May 31, 2018
UNIZIK1stSon:

Hate Speech Detected!!!

Meanwhile, You are True Zikite.....I never did Balumba, I'm a Cofi and H20 person..lol grin grin
u can c hw education passes through us as if we ar in d furnace...but all dis stupid 1m school fees afonja skul who knows nothing apart frm getting first class(last class)

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by noah91(m): 2:47pm On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I have met lots of University of Ibadan graduates but not once have I been given any reason why I should place them higher than Auchi Polytechnic graduates.

University of Ibadan is sadly overrated and gone are the days her graduates were employable.
If you think I'm lying ask any UI graduate you know to pronounce the word "her", they'd definitely pronounce it as "Ah".
Bad belle. Am an alumnus of UI and I can correctly pronounce "her" so go Bleep yourself, Auchi graduate
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by noah91(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2018
But why is the first Nigerian University, UNN ranked ahead of UI? This is ojoro and marginalization. Awon omo shaku shaku
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Kolping: 4:29pm On May 31, 2018
Among the 3 most prestigious world university ranking systems (Shanghai ARWU, THE and QS), UI will rank higher than most other universities in Nigeria due to one fact - it has the only Nobel Prize laureate as an alumnus - Wole Soyinka. Of course, there are other criteria, but having this helps.
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by babytoun: 4:42pm On May 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I have met lots of University of Ibadan graduates but not once have I been given any reason why I should place them higher than Auchi Polytechnic graduates.

University of Ibadan is sadly overrated and gone are the days her graduates were employable.
If you think I'm lying ask any UI graduate you know to pronounce the word "her", they'd definitely pronounce it as "Ah".

Another mentally lazy Nigerian youth spotted.

You did not bother to check the criteria used for the ranking ,you are here spewing rubbish about a useless "her" test you conducted for UI graduates.
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by adelawn: 7:12pm On May 31, 2018
Kolping:
Among the 3 most prestigious world university ranking systems (Shanghai ARWU, THE and QS), UI will rank higher than most other universities in Nigeria due to one fact - it has the only Nobel Prize laureate as an alumnus - Wole Soyinka. Of course, there are other criteria, but having this helps.
ignorance is a disease, u think the only nobel Laurette in Nigeria is Soyinka, my brother u are wrong may be u should google search in order to know the fact
Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Kolping: 10:41pm On May 31, 2018
The Facts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country#Nigeria

adelawn:
ignorance is a disease, u think the only nobel Laurette in Nigeria is Soyinka, my brother u are wrong may be u should google search in order to know the fact

Re: University Of Ibadan, UI Ranked Among 1000 Top Universities In The World by Kolping: 11:01pm On May 31, 2018
The three most influential and widely observed world university rankings

1. Methodology of Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), also known as Shanghai Ranking
a. Quality of education - Alumni as Nobel laureates & Fields Medalists 10%
b. Quality of faculty - Staff as Nobel Laureates & Fields Medalists 20%/Highly cited researchers in 21 broad subject categories 20%
c. Research output - Papers published in Nature and Science[* 1] 20%/Papers indexed in Science Citation Index-expanded and Social Science Citation Index 20%
e. Per capita performance - Per capita academic performance of an institution 10%

2. Methodology of QS World University Rankings
a. Academic peer review - Based on an internal global academic survey 40%
b. Faculty/Student ratio - A measurement of teaching commitment 20%
c. Citations per faculty - A measurement of research impact 20%
d. Employer reputation - Based on a survey on graduate employers 10%
e. International student ratio - A measurement of the diversity of the student community 5%
f. International staff ratio - A measurement of the diversity of the academic staff 5%

3. Methodology of Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE)
a. Industry Income – innovation: Research income from industry (per academic staff) 2.5%
b. International diversity: Ratio of international to domestic staff 3%/Ratio of international to domestic students 2%
c. Teaching – the learning environment: Reputational survey (teaching) 15%/PhDs awards per academic 6%/Undergrad. admitted per academic 4.5%/Income per academic 2.25%/PhDs/undergraduate degrees awarded 2.25%
d. Research – volume, income and reputation: Reputational survey (research) 19.5%/Research income (scaled) 5.25%/Papers per research and academic staff 4.5%/Public research income/ total research income 0.75%
e. Citations – research influence: Citation impact (normalised average citation per paper) 32.5%

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) / 16 Ogun Students In Detention For Destroying School Property, Parents Protest / Which Nursing School Is Presently Admitting Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.