Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Post-ume Gone! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post-ume Gone! (2730 Views)

These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong / Imo State University Post Ume Update / Post Ume Questions For Lasu, Unilag,oau,uniben And Futa Avaliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post-ume Gone! by lavarmat(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2010
DON'T SCRAP POST JAMB -From an insider
I read the interview of the Kwara State commissioner for Education, Science, and Technology in SUNDAY PUNCH, May 30,2010
The following,
-Examination bodies in Nigeria has been compromised-NECO,WAEC,JAMB.
Should throw these bodies b'cos of this? in NECO,263,000 cases of malpractices were recorded
my comment 'then NECO should have been scraped'.
-A child scored highest mark in JAMB in a year was found to have cheated in the exam
my comment -the result is free admission without further story unfair naija system
-There is a kind of sifting. For example at University of ilorin,
even when u score 300 in JAMB and u do not meet up with their post-JAMB cut -off,
you are not going anywhere.
my comment do scrap JAMB in our minds with these?
-We should throw post-JAMB away b'cos we having problems with it.
my comment -post-JAMB is level plain for all candidates to prove their scores in JAMB

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

For further info about (i) POST JAMB UTME SUCCESS TIPS
(ii) UNILAG PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
(iii) POST JAMB UTME INFO FOR UNI and POLY

contact 08036430934 , 08029956443 or text ur name, location(local govt, state)
school of choice, subject set/combination, phone no, email add 2 the numbers above.
GET INFORMATION, U DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE WITH PREPARATION
BUT WITHOUT PREPARATION, ALOT TO LOSE.BE PREPARED
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2010
All of them are mad n plain stupid, dont scrap post jamb kor, commissioner or no commissioner,nigeria system is dirty, if big bodies like waec,neco and jamb has been penetrated by corruption,wat will b d case of a small entity like a university wereby u know who is directly involved,who is d oga pata pata, if my jamb score is now worthless wereby i cant b given addmission by d martriculation board based on my score,then wats d need for jamb?, let dem come out plain,post jamb should go while jamb stays or jamb should go post jamb stay, both are just sources of revenue to our politicians n high placed personnels in d uni's, bingo!!! cool
Re: Post-ume Gone! by affigurl(f): 1:27pm On May 31, 2010
I actually support the scrap of post utme, and wot i fink they should do is, go bck to the old system, individuals should be able to printout their admission letter online from jamb, to their choice of uni, poly, college,
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2010
grin Gbam!!! well said, haba!!, i just dey beat round d bush since, old system should be brought back, maybe even d postage,envelope n stamp should even come back, because dis internet thingy is now being used to confuse d masses, issues like computer errors are now household names, pheeeewww, nigeria, my father's land sucks undecided
Re: Post-ume Gone! by U1(m): 10:42am On Jun 01, 2010
THIS IS TO ALL THE MODS, I HOPE YOU PEOPLE DON'T RUN DOWN NAIRALAND WITH THIS HABIT OF YOURS OF REMOVING POSTS THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW. KEEP IT UP.

NO WONDER IT IS NO LONGER ALL THAT INTERESTING HERE ANYMORE. angry undecided
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2010
shocked, wat?, moderators is dat true Answer me oooo!!, if dats d truth please stop it, it wudnt be so intrestin in here anymore, abeg,lets blive dat posts dat got missin on other threads developed wings on their own n flew grin
, but henceforth,let all wings be clipped, i really am new here n wudnt want to belive dat such happens on nigeria's biggest online forum, undecided
Re: Post-ume Gone! by fabby26(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Witout advent of Post-UME in our Institution of higher learning, wouldn't have been in school by now wit a jamb score of 226, while on the seat row where i sat the post- Ume, almost all d candidate had no less than 250, and engineering course,while I could sweat out a score of 226 in jamb.thank God for the Post-Ume. I pray that it will stay!
Re: Post-ume Gone! by mruniverse: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2010
i still saying this and standing by it SCRAPPING THE POST UTME IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO OUR EDUCATIONAL PROBLEM. pls bring it back
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 4:10am On Jun 02, 2010
If scrappin of post ume is not d solution to our educational problem, then its constituitin a nuisance n addin more to it, its aidin corruption among d uni's staff n high placed personnels, witout controversy you urself know, d truth b spoken, the thing is only a source of revenue for d schools n wont b given a proper account for, imagine where 15,000 wrote a post ume test n only 2000 passed,d whole 15,000 will still buy scratch card, mehn, naija ehh, i tire oooo
Re: Post-ume Gone! by cmon(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2010
If scrappin of post ume is not d solution to our educational problem, then its constituitin a nuisance n addin more to it, its aidin corruption among d uni's staff n high placed personnels, witout controversy you urself know, d truth b spoken, the thing is only a source of revenue for d schools n wont b given a proper account for, imagine where 15,000 wrote a post ume test n only 2000 passed,d whole 15,000 will still buy scratch card, mehn, naija ehh, i tire oooo

For you guys, it's always about the money. If actually a student has the confidence to pass an exam, paying extra to write the exam shouldn't be a problem. After all, we don't pay half as much as institutions abroad are collecting.

I actually think post-ume is a good idea, coming to the flaws in JAMB/UTME and should be here to stay. If you can "really" get 350 in Jamb, why can't you do the same for a similar exam in the next 2 months? undecided Food for Thoughts!
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Raylight2(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2010
For you guys, it's always about the money. If actually a student has the confidence to pass an exam, paying extra to write the exam shouldn't be a problem. After all, we don't pay half as much as institutions abroad are collecting.

I actually think post-ume is a good idea, coming to the flaws in JAMB/UTME and should be here to stay. If you can "really" get 350 in Jamb, why can't you do the same for a similar exam in the next 2 months?
True Talk

Last year, I was in OOU for my post ume. I was amazed when I discovered that no one around me scored below 250. The girl that sat beside me scored 272 and a friend I made scored 252 can you imagine!. I became ashamed of my poor 195 jamb score which we shaded on the answer sheet but alas when the exam began they were unable to perform to expectation at least a person who scored even 250 in jamb should be able to score 45/50 in that simple post ume and those who posted theirs here on nairaland claimed that scored 272 and where getting 15/50 in the post ume. I don't need to tell you guys what I got so as not to blow my own trumpet.

What I'm saying in essence is that if post ume is canceled, raw and not even half baked bread will be admitted into the Nigeria Universities. The Reps have other things to talk on let them leave the post utme alone and face their business. Agreed?
Re: Post-ume Gone! by U1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
Mac4u2nv:

shocked, wat?, moderators is dat true Answer me oooo!!, if dats d truth please stop it, it wudnt be so intrestin in here anymore, abeg,lets blive dat posts dat got missin on other threads developed wings on their own n flew grin
, but henceforth,let all wings be clipped, i really am new here n wudnt want to belive dat such happens on nigeria's biggest online forum, undecided

Guy, don't mind those MODS. They need to be flogged sometimes.
Re: Post-ume Gone! by emmy4naira(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2010
when will we grow in this country. the problem with the admission system has basically nothing to do with post jamb or no past jamb. the real problem is the so called corruption, long leg mentality. students are no longer admitted based on merit and given the kind of population writint ume now it will outright be difficult to process admission without post jamb because the university cannot just admit all the students and on another note the cut off mark will seriouly rise that everyone will want to get a higher mark by watever means whch definetly will increase malpractice. thus the best option as it is now is that university should admit students based on merit even with post ume. my summit,
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 5:53am On Jun 03, 2010
tongue, bia, i don tire ooooo, wetin sef, if they want us to do post ume lets go and do it, abeg,i dont want to keep on arguing bout wether it should stay or not, sha let d skools be fair in dishin out admissions, no be say tomorrow we will start hearin things such as 'second list','governors list',indigenes list or watever grin , i rest my case in d hands of God, He's will b done.
cool
Re: Post-ume Gone! by myke1759(m): 6:33am On Jun 03, 2010
what is governors list',indigenes list, vc list nd the rest. is dat not an act of corrupting or a state of being corrupt n we want Nigeria to move forward in education.we that did sleepless night bcus of exam, wILL now be abandoned and those who did less stress will be given admission becos of 'man know man'.as for me if there is post jamb good n if there is not good but MY opinion is that post jamb should be cancelled because of MAN KNOW MAN.
Re: Post-ume Gone! by ibrocateng(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2010
@ last but do u think state university will admit student without conducting post UTME.it is alo source of generating money for those schools. shocked grin cheesy cool
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2010
grin Hmmm, lemme think, may-be u should be worryin bout local govt universitiesgrin , dose ones choose from family list,council of elders etc, grin , if post jamb is stopped in state n federal uni's, it cant b stopped @ d local govt levelsgringringrin
Re: Post-ume Gone! by priyeabbi: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
God thank u this schools will start getting poor because they use this post jamb stuff to get money from students.[color=#000099] tongue tongue tongue[/color]
Re: Post-ume Gone! by johndavid1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
priye abbi:

God thank u this schools will start getting poor because they use this post jamb stuff to get money from students.[color=#000099] tongue tongue tongue[/color]
True talk
Re: Post-ume Gone! by Mac4u2nv(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2010
grin gbam!!! grin na confirm true talk grin
Re: Post-ume Gone! by ikotunf: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
Na wa o! What's next? Inter view or what? This thing na problem cause those who did the exams with their brain might not be admitted o! I tire,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtnf Scholarship Shortlist / Female Bowen University Student Expelled For Performing MouthAction On Another Stud / How To Check Uniuyo Admission First Merit List 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.