Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager (51655 Views)

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ / Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down / See What Solari Is Saying About Resigning As Real Madrid Manager After 4– 1 Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Afomahmud: 1:37pm On May 31, 2018
zee zoo A legend you were, both as a player and coach we will forever cherish the memories you brought to Santiago bernabau. #HALA MADRID# #MADRID 4 LIFE# zee zoo A legend you were, both as a player and coach we will forever cherish the memories you brought to Santiago bernabau. #HALA MADRID# #MADRID 4 LIFE# zee zoo A legend you were, both as a player and coach we will forever cherish the memories you brought to Santiago bernabau. #HALA MADRID# #MADRID 4 LIFE#

1 Like

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by victorazyvictor(m): 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
nabegibeg:

He has quit when the real test of his management is now, dealing with aging players, developing your "own" team.

He took over a ready made WINNING team then enjoyed all the accolades after other managers had done most of the work.

Now he's doing a runner cuz he cannot do what other managers before him did

Taa!
Is a strategic to resign when your needed, learn that today sir.

Why you should resign when your needed:
1. You maintain your glory
2. Your employer will offer more cash to keep you.
3. Many other employers will queue to employ you.
4. Your worth will increase. etc.

that's economics..
why do you think both Ronaldo all threatening to leave? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by OhiOfIhima: 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
AustineCJ:
feel like crying..... you made me join Real Madrid 2006 after watching Brazil vs Frances n repeatedly asked my dad who is these player n which club side does he play for, I joined Real Madrid n you retired as a players I was sad though I forgave you... you gave me one of my happiest moment just few days back n today you r making me cry again.... I know nothing last forever but at least zizu....we love you so much for the great history achieved, I will always fan whichever club you decide to coach again, but surely I know you will come back to Madrid again.... hala Madrid. they should appoint Ramos coach pls.

Yes, I have the feeling that he will come back again.

3 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
nabegibeg:

He has quit when the real test of his management is now, dealing with aging players, developing your "own" team.

He took over a ready made WINNING team then enjoyed all the accolades after other managers had done most of the work.

Now he's doing a runner cuz he cannot do what other managers before him did

man is insatiable. It takes more than being good to achieve the feat he achieved. He has raised a bar that will take other coaches daunting task to meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by NaughtyDiamond(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
Liked him as a player still enjoyed him as a manager. If the news is true am happy 4 him.

NB on a 2nd thoughts he might be going to Bayern Munich u never can tell undecided
They've signed a coach already, Honestly am feeling very bad he's leaving
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by nelsonebby(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
In 3 seasons this is what Zidane has achieved:
149 Games /
104 Wins
✅ 8 Finals
8 Wins
3 UCL
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 UEFA Super Cup
1 La Liga
1 Supercopa De España
First manager in HISTORY to win 3 consecutive When the ovation is loudest you step down
It dawned on Zidane that it would be humanly impossible for him to surpass the standards he has set in world football, so it's only natural he leaves when the ovation is loudest. He has separated himself from the rest of the pretenders. He has nothing left to win, to prove.
crap manager. Still no style of Football
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
Viergeachar:

Maybe maybe not.
But for now it seems impossible.
My point is that, it's not just about winning 3 champions leagues but winning them with the same club back to back.
Anything is possible in this life. But Zidane might not be able to repeat this feat with any other club. He had the opportunity and he took it.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by slowice87: 1:42pm On May 31, 2018
A good dancer leaves the stage wen d audience is still clapping, bravo zizou!

2 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by noah91(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2018
Zidane just broke my heart and I hate him for that. Anyways, I wish him success in his future endeavors. Hala Madrid, a club greater than any player, president or coach.

2 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Tracypacy(f): 1:45pm On May 31, 2018
More likely some internal Real Madrid politics. Bale/CR7 and Florentino Perez himself. And loads of other politicking. Same happened with Anceloti and Benitez (Mid season)... Sad to see him go tho
wristbangle:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Mukina2.

This is serious. Zidane leaving, CR7, Bale also leaving. La-Liga would become boring.

He remained the smartest and one of the most successful coach in football history.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 31, 2018
Intelligent guy! Left at the right time..

2 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by itsandi(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2018
I guess he's coming to Chelsea next
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by joxxy01(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2018
whaoooo....this is how to resign when the ovation is loud
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
crap manager. Still no style of Football
That is the problem I have with him. As Sir Alex Ferguson do say; "In football, sometimes you have to win ugly". Zidane has to prove himself with other clubs so that his case won't be like Di Matteo the formal chelsea's manager. I wish him the best in his next move.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Tracypacy(f): 1:49pm On May 31, 2018
How is it misleading?
Swargu:

Please just hold it.. Am not just happy today and your post is just misleading
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Malcolm1234(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2018
this guy juz know how to play the game.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by DaVinciii(m): 1:54pm On May 31, 2018
Chai and I wanted to predict this thing on highspirit.ng o
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Yhemit(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2018
OFFICIAL : Arsene Wenger will be announced as Real Madrid manager, he is in Spain and will attend press conference at 14:00 after Zidane.����

smiles time to port club, badluck loading
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2018
NaughtyDiamond:
They've signed a coach already, Honestly am feeling very bad he's leaving
Be happy that he left now, because next season you guys will be the one to curse him. His last 4 matches in the champions league, shows the team has reached its peak. I am happy he left, between Madrid and Chelsea, I don't know which team knows how to disgrace a manager despite their achievements. Madrid disgraced Jupp Heynckes despite winning champions league in 1998, they did that to Del Bosque and Ancelloti also.

6 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Bhol28: 1:56pm On May 31, 2018
Smart guy,leaving @ d right time

2 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Tracypacy(f): 1:56pm On May 31, 2018
More likely some internal Real Madrid politics. Bale/CR7 and Florentino Perez himself. And loads of other politicking. Same happened with Anceloti and Benitez (Mid season)... Sad to see him go tho
maynia:

Sack him for not winning LA liga ?

When last did Real Madrid win LA liga apart from last year own ooo.... if it possible for Barcelona to trade there 2 trophy for ucl..they will
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by tete7000(m): 1:58pm On May 31, 2018
zuma4k:
If only Arsene had chosen this wise path a decade ago... He might have salvaged his reputation. Zizou took the best decision leaving when the ovation is loudest!.. Kudos to him and best of luck in his future endeavors.

Nothing happened to Wenger's reputation. He remains one of the best manager ever to grace EPL. Everyone has his ambition and you don't allow the noise around to distract you from what you believe in. There was nothing Wenger did wrong, he pursued what he believes is right and when the world no longer shares his vision, he left.
Many clubs will still wish to have him manage them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Ishaq319(f): 1:58pm On May 31, 2018
Job well done
Y set a record not to be expected to be break in the 100 years.

Though, no vacancy at emirate, I would absolutely love u take the throne evacuated by wenger.
You resigned late ba
Best of luck in your next class

2 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by otobasin2323(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2018
zidane in london, holding talks with chelsea
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Tracypacy(f): 2:00pm On May 31, 2018
Benitez
Gaddafithe2nd:

Be happy that he left now, because next season you guys will be the one to curse him. His last 4 matches in the champions league, shows the team has reached its peak. Am happy he left, because Madrid and Chelsea, I don't which team knows how to disgrace a manager despite their achievements. Madrid disgraced Jupp Heynckes despite winning champions league in 1998, they did that to Del Bosque and Ancelloti also.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by nabegibeg: 2:02pm On May 31, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Taa!
Is a strategic to resign when your needed, learn that today sir.

Why you should resign when your needed:
1. You maintain your glory
2. Your employer will offer more cash to keep you.
3. Many other employers will queue to employ you.
4. Your worth will increase. etc.

that's economics..
why do you think both Ronaldo all threatening to leave? grin

Go read real madrid tweets before talking rubbish, mumu
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
Benitez
Benitez inclusive, but his stay was cut short by players power, he would have won titles with Real Madrid if he had stayed longer.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Unluckrees(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2018
The news shocked me but it's obvious dat the best time for him to leave is now...I could already forsee problems in the dressing room next season cos some Madrid players have started misbehaving. We'll miss you Zizou!!! Hope u return someday again...
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by jrusky(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
In 3 seasons this is what Zidane has achieved:
149 Games / 104 Wins
8 Finals
8 Wins
3 UCL
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 UEFA Super Cup
1 La Liga
1 Supercopa De España
First manager in HISTORY to win 3 consecutive When the ovation is loudest you step down
It dawned on Zidane that it would be humanly impossible for him to surpass the standards he has set in world football, so it's only natural he leaves when the ovation is loudest. He has separated himself from the rest of the pretenders. He has nothing left to win, to prove. Some other coaches who I cannot mention for legal reasons did a Mugabe grin

Pls just say *Arsene Mugabe Wenger*.

1 Like

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by James4424: 2:08pm On May 31, 2018
He is an awesome manager. Both politically and In team management.
He has proven to be politically aware to have pull such move on world football and the whole world.
Leave when the ovation is highest, your value increases.
Other mangers will choose to make love with the club like Diego Simone(Atlantico Madrid) and allow their value to drop to the bottom.

4 Likes

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Alva2018: 2:09pm On May 31, 2018
So sad
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:13pm On May 31, 2018
tete7000:

Nothing happened to Wenger's reputation. He remains one of the best manager ever to grace EPL. Everyone has his ambition and you don't allow the noise around to distract you from what you believe in. There was nothing Wenger did wrong, he pursued what he believes is right and when the world no longer shares his vision, he left.
Many clubs will still wish to have him manage them.
I still wonder why people keep saying Arsene Wenger's reputation went bad. The man tried and I will never blam him because, after 2006 champions league final, Arsenal board started cutting their expenses to settle the debts of their Emirate stadium. Despite the low budget he got, he still got to champions league semi-final in 2009. Won FA cup with little budget. The problem of Arsenal is not Wenger but board, the board members don't care about trophies but profits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Tottenham Star Son Heung-min In Tears After Man City Won Carabao Cup (Photos) / France Vs Morocco: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (2 - 0) On 14th December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.