Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,409 members, 7,843,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss (453 Views)

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ / Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Manager / Former Chelsea And Real Madrid Boss, Carlo Ancelotti Named Napoli Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by AprokoGirl: 12:26pm On May 31, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

Real Madrid are on the look-out for a new manager after Zinedine Zidane resigned from his post.

The three-time Champions League-winning boss announced his decision at an impromptu press conference at 12 noon BST on Thursday.

"What I think is that this team needs to continue winning but I think it needs a change, a different voice, another methodology and that's why I took this decision," he said

"Of course it can be a 'see you later' because Madrid has given me everything. I will be around, close to this club all my life but the decision, maybe for many doesn't make any sense, for me it makes sense.

"It is the moment to make a change, also for the players. After three years, it's what I have decided to do. I think it is the right one but I completely understand any reaction. I want to thank the fans - they've always backed me as a manager and as a player. They have always respected what I've done, even when I wasn't playing well.

"I have a close link with this set of fans and I thank them for all that support and love.

"We have lived complicated moments this season and we heard the whistles from the fans but that's part of this club and demanding fans. That's what the players need sometimes, when the fans actually push you it just makes you better."

Real President Florentino Pérez admitted his surprise at Zidane's decision just five days after their historic Champions League success.

"After winning the Champions League, the decision was unexpected," he said. "It is a sad day for me, the fans and the players. But (Zidane) knows I wanted him as a player and as a manager. I wanted him to stay forever and I wanted to convince him to stay.

"But I know it was his final decision. All I want to do is remind him that this club is his home and family."

The former Real, Juventus and Bordeaux midfielder made Champions League history when he led his side to a third consecutive title just five days ago. He is one of only three managers, along with Carlo Ancelotti and Bob Paisley, to have secured three European successes.

Zidane was under contract until 2020 but called time on his spell in charge after a third place finish in La Liga, behind Barcelona and City rivals Atletico Madrid.

Zidane leaves the club having NEVER lost a European knockout tie. He won 104 of his 149 games in charge and won one La Liga title, one Spanish Super Cup, two UEFA Super Cups and two Club World titles to go with his three Champions League crowns.

That's a total of nine trophies - an average of a trophy every 16.6 matches.

Not bad, eh?

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9279/zinedine-zidane-resigns-as-real-madrid-boss-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by AprokoGirl: 12:26pm On May 31, 2018
cool cool
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by Tracypacy(f): 12:27pm On May 31, 2018
In 3 seasons this is what Zidane has achieved:
149 Games /
104 Wins
✅ 8 Finals
8 Wins
3 UCL
2 FIFA Club World Cup
2 UEFA Super Cup
1 La Liga
1 Supercopa De España
First manager in HISTORY to win 3 consecutive When the ovation is loudest you step down
It dawned on Zidane that it would be humanly impossible for him to surpass the standards he has set in world football, so it's only natural he leaves when the ovation is loudest. He has separated himself from the rest of the pretenders. He has nothing left to win, to prove.
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by arejibadz(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2018
wenger issa wise man
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by hadjipapiey(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2018
A wise decision to make..

Ovations attached to trophy winning gets to the head, and I guess he had to take a boy when the Ovation is loudest. wink

Well done my man Zinedine!
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by Whogoblog: 12:51pm On May 31, 2018
Re: Zinedine Zidane Resigns As Real Madrid Boss by opera1(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2018
What a Legend! Best decision so far unlike Wenger dat dey av to beg him to quit.

Chelsea FC over to u.

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Croatia Friendly - 2 - 0 (full-time) / World Cup Trophy Spotted In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTOS) / Thomas Lemar, Liverpool And Arsenal Target Joins Atletico Madrid Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.