Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,144 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (135174 Views)

EU Visa Fee Surges For Nigerians And Other African Nationals / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Rexnegro(m): 12:47am On Aug 12, 2018
macbernard:
I'm with you bro, but you see, everything should be done prayerfully & proper consideration. Please folks should consider some of these things before relocating:

1. Relocating overseas should not be just because of your poor condition. Even if you're very comfortable but don't like the state of the country, pls move. There was someone close to me who was earning on average 6 million Naira a month in Nigeria, and he felt very rich & saw no reason in living overseas, but I always told him his narrow minded views were because he had never left Nigeria. The following year he visited the US, & came back screaming about what he had missed all his life. That same year he visited the US again, came back and visited Canada also. As I speak with you he had relocated to the US with his family.

2. I have noticed that many people relocate outside the country to start running jobs they wouldn't go near in Nigeria, you know why? It's because there's nothing to be ashamed of in another man's country. My honest advise to such people is that if you're based in Lagos and ashamed to start a certain kind of SME, why not go to Abuja or Calabar or Osogbo where no one knows you.

3. What are your life priorities? Are you seeking a place wey be say women wey them problem dey for them back grin go dey love you just cos u be Nigerian, then go to Kenya & Rwanda, you would never waste your time on Lagos girls again. Every where you go in Kenya it's bumbum & waist left, right & centre. So your East African wife is most likely gonna be more dark skinned, beautiful, humble & loving than your Nigerian wife. But then I think there is a large number of very beautiful women in Eastern Nigeria also.

4. Don't be desperate, do your research very well. This will help you avoid regrets.

5. Think about the future. Is that country going to be a stepping stone or your final destination, because if you start a business somewhere, you are likely to stay there for a very long time. So is that country worth the next 20 years? If not, have a rethink.

6. I don't blame people saying if they relocate they don't want to ever hear about Nigeria again, na the shit wey plenty for Naija cause am. But think about your future status in the countries available to you. It's very difficult to be a citizen in Kenya, even with marriage. It's easy in Botswana, but no dual citizenship so you have to renounce Nigeria. You can never become a citizen in UAE even if you live there for 40 years, I've been to UAE twice & as much as I love Dubai I won't want to relocate there. I strongly urge you not to relocate to a country where you can never become a citizen.

7. Don't trust everything you read on forums, including this my long sermon grin. Everybody's case is different. What is good for me might be bad for you & vice versa.

8. Despite the fact that I plan to relocate to another country. I do not hate Nigeria. Trust me I have lost a lot in this country: I've lost a lot of money, I've lost in business, I've lost in love & emotions, I've lost someone very dear to me because of the evil hearts of folks here. You see, if you wear the garment of your hatred for your people & country, it would follow you everywhere you go. It's one of the reasons there are unsuccessful immigrants in places like Canada & the US. Your attitude determines your altitude.

9. As much as you might not believe in God, be open minded, and he will guide you.

10. Don't forget n* 9.

well said bro , thanks for those advises . I appreciate
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2018
Please before travelling out,make sure you get your priorities right and plans right. Don't travel out just because ppl are saying outside is better ,the bitter truth is ,what you take out of Nigeria is what will determine how lucky you will be outside . Take plenty cash ,enough skills and education ,contacts if available and most of all plenty prayers and God's grace .
Many that travelled without getting their plans right always end up becoming worse than they were in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Activedreamer: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2018
Ugosample:

A Yoruba guy is not under any pressure to build a house in the village

A Hausa guy does not even give a Bleep (on average)

But am Igbo guy

The gbese on his head is too much

I once followed my Igbo friend to his village in Anambra. Dude,I was blown away by the beautiful duplexes, tarred roads(built by the rich,from what he told me ) and street lights. The road network is far better than what's in the 'cities .'

It was at that point I understood why my friend's hussles are triple of mine. Igbos are competitive in nature. But I'm yet to understand why one would build beautiful, well furnished mansion, and visit once or twice (e no dey pass 12 days per stay sef)a year.
Una people dey try. The pressure no be here.

9 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
Activedreamer:

I once followed my Igbo friend to his village in Anambra. Dude,I was blown away by the beautiful duplexes, tarred roads(built by the rich,from what he told me ) and street lights. The road network is far better than what's in the 'cities .'

It was at that point I understood why my friend's hussles are triple of mine. Igbos are competitive in nature. But I'm yet to understand why one would build beautiful, well furnished mansion, and visit once or twice (e no dey pass 12 days per stay sef)a year.
Una people dey try. The pressure no be here.

they live there sha

but at most one and a half month per year.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mosesoly:
Good day, i am fed up living in this country, especially living a life far below average, how much will it cost to travel to Rwanda by road and also by plane, presently i teach and i am also learning laptop engeering

I am interested too about the country Rwanda.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cydophobia(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
Baba please I need to ask some questions privately. My mail is abassido4u@yahoo.com

Thanks
FroshJaynex:
My guy u cannot even do yahoo yahoo here cos if dem catch u, ur name Na sorry oh. Am doing a legit business here, funny enough it's sponsored by the government with the help of a Botswana lady. My advice to you is get a skill and be good at it. you'd realize how much time you've wasted in Nigeria in just few months of making cool ND no stress cash. I know Nigerians who have changed their names already ND vowed never to step foot in Nigeria again
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
onatisi:
Please before travelling out,make sure you get your priorities right and plans right. Don't travel out just because ppl are saying outside is better ,the bitter truth is ,what you take out of Nigeria is what will determine how lucky you will be outside . Take plenty cash ,enough skills and education ,contacts if available and most of all plenty prayers and God's grace .
Many that travelled without getting their plans right always end up becoming worse than they were in Nigeria
Onatisi,please what skills are you talking about here?Thanks.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2018
cutieme:
Onatisi,please what skills are you talking about here?Thanks.
Technical skills . Anything you can do with ur hands. Tailoring,hairdressing,barbing, building skills . Not everyone will have millions to travel with but when you are outside ,there are certain skills that quickily get you an employment and pays the bill at least till you settle down. And this isn't limited to Africa alone. I know of a lady that went to Canada years back,she had second class upper from unaab in agric economics,on getting to canada she thought she will easily get a job,she was wrong. She was told to go back to school but she opted to train as a carpenter instead and with her education and everything she quickily learned Auto Cad ,and many other skills then attached it to the carpentry work. Bisi olatilo did a documentary on her then because after just a few years she bacame a very known and successful building contractor in her place and was also buying and selling as well as constructing. So going abroad isn't all about business business. Skills are very very important

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Shakitibob0: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2018
greggng:

Wow what a great news .. I can't wait to say bye bye to all this olosho
You are so funny dude....most of your comments on this thread just day make me roll for ground since

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2018
onatisi:

Technical skills . Anything you can do with ur hands. Tailoring,hairdressing,barbing, building skills . Not everyone will have millions to travel with but when you are outside ,there are certain skills that quickily get you an employment and pays the bill at least till you settle down. And this isn't limited to Africa alone. I know of a lady that went to Canada years back,she had second class upper from unaab in agric economics,on getting to canada she thought she will easily get a job,she was wrong. She was told to go back to school but she opted to train as a carpenter instead and with her education and everything she quickily learned Auto Cad ,and many other skills then attached it to the carpentry work. Bisi olatilo did a documentary on her then because after just a few years she bacame a very known and successful building contractor in her place and was also buying and selling as well as constructing. So going abroad isn't all about business business. Skills are very very important
Good one Onatisi
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
onatisi:
The bitter truth is this
If you are skilled , talented , ambitious , intelligent, brilliant and educated. And added to this if you are between the ages of 24-45yrs old. And you are earning 70k per month in Nigeria with no additional source of income coming in and still living in Nigeria with the mindset that Nigeria will get better then Then I am very sorry to say this but you are living a wasted life . The truth is very very bitter but at times we just need to say it as it is

https://www.nairaland.com/4675550/get-out-nigeria-want-get

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Rexnegro(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
cutieme:
A good piece by macbernard!But what you wrote about Rwandan ladies ,is it true?Do they love Nigerians as you portrayed it?
u dis cutieme u no no pass women smh ..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Rexnegro:

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
Rexnegro:
I no be gay like u na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by opejole: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
I will like to meet anyone that's in Mali here that can provide me with some info
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by DivineIsGreat: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2018
Can a Nigerian travel to Abidjan without the international passport?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by peacengine(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2018
Rexnegro:

Leave that cutie me na everlasting konji de worry de nigga.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by peacengine(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2018
cutieme:
I no be gay like u na

Bad mouth nigga, wetin the guy talk wey make u call am gay?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
opejole:
I will like to meet anyone that's in Mali here that can provide me with some info

depends on what you want to do there

There are not many tourist sites there, and most od them are outside Bamako

You may have to take long journeys to Dogon and Timbuktu

But such things gave me memories

But if you are going there to hustle, forget it.

Poverty in Mali is SERIOUS
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Rexnegro(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
peacengine:

Leave that cutie me na everlasting konji de worry de nigga.
ahahahahahhahaha
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
peacengine:

Bad mouth nigga, wetin the guy talk wey make u call am gay?
I no get time for low life nigga like u.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by opejole: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Ugosample:

depends on what you want to do there

There are not many tourist sites there, and most od them are outside Bamako
You may have to take long journeys to Dogon and Timbuktu

But such things gave me memories

But if you are going there to hustle, forget it.
Poverty in Mali is SERIOUS
thank u so much bro for the info
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2018
opejole:
thank u so much bro for the info
Any time
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Asquare84(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Runalong333:

Bostwana ; stable economy, good infrastuture ,similar life to South africa , and less crime . But sadly we have already messed up our name there too, the locals look down on us and the immigration officers give us a very hard time before letting you in. But if you are legit , you will live freely there, make sure your papers are in order and you avoid trouble.

ibo people has done a nice job spoiling nigerian name, have you ask your self this simple question. why is it that most of drugs dealers that are arrested all over the world from nigerian are from eastern nigerian

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Grupo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Asquare84:

ibo people has done a nice job spoiling nigerian name, have you ask your self this simple question. why is it that most of drugs dealers that are arrested all over the world from nigerian are from eastern nigerian

Why is it that all the internet fraudsters, yahoo boys, and wire gang boys arrested all over the US, UK, and the entire world are Yorubas?
Why is it that the phrase, "Nigerian Prince" is now synonymous with a scammer? Was it not the work of your brothers? Today, most serious online businesses ranging from PayPal, Clickbank, Stripe Atlas, Amazon, eBay, are shutting out honest and hardworking Nigerians because of the activities of your brothers. Yet, your blind self wouldn't see that before deciding to point fingers, of course, it is always easy to blame when there are easy targets.

You, my friend, should go and remove the log in your eyes before coming here to make noise.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by peacengine(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
cutieme:
I no get time for low life nigga like u.

F angry angryL
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
peacengine:

F angry angryL
Ewu!
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by emperorblog(m): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2018
onatisi:

hello boss
what about starting a business there ik,botswana as a foreigner. (boutique importing and selling shoes and clothe) and also if they dont allow business. which skills can you advice someone to get.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by lecksam(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2018
dy79:

I feel like helping everyone, but what I can say is that if you guys can drop your CV and credentials I will seriously be of help. But I will make a point clear that the salary is relatively poor only private class is the way out. I was in Niger teaching maths in an a level school at ilupeju Lagos and I was earning even bigger than my current salary but what I make from private class here in Gambia is *4....my Niger salary put together... Let me have your CV please.

Thanks so much for shedding more light @dy79..God bless you ..please I really want you to talk more about the following
1. Like how much one can make in a month doing the private home tutor in Gambia?
2. How long does it take to settle down there and get pupils once one is there?
3. How habitable is the country in terms of their relationship with Nigerians and what are the requirements needed to come over there ..
thanks so much your reply will go a long way in our decision making .. God bless you ..
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by lecksam(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2018
dy79:

I feel like helping everyone, but what I can say is that if you guys can drop your CV and credentials I will seriously be of help. But I will make a point clear that the salary is relatively poor only private class is the way out. I was in Niger teaching maths in an a level school at ilupeju Lagos and I was earning even bigger than my current salary but what I make from private class here in Gambia is *4....my Niger salary put together... Let me have your CV please.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Easy5265: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2018
I have been following this thread since it made fp on nairaland. Been praying silently that it doesn't die, so we get well travelled folks share their experience. I never imagined in my life that I'd ever want to emigrate from Nigeria, although I have travelled out severally to some African countries. We really are suffering here, for me it's not exactly about making some more money but the quality of life, healthcare, school, morals, etc.
I want to move to Botswana, can someone share some light on the process involved.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply)

Abuja Nightclubs Where Strippers, Prostitutes Go Berserk For Customers / The Nigeria Zip/Postal Code Confusion / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.