Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila (35263 Views)

Reno Omokri: “I Have Been Managing Peter Obi’s Twitter Account For Years” / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Femi Gbajabiamila Buys N38M G-wagon For His Wife, Salamatu (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by nwakibie3(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2018
A member of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has defended his much talked about car gift to his wife.

The lawmaker trended on social media for days after a photo and video of a brand new Benz G-Wagon he got his wife surfaced online.

The lawmaker presented the surprise gift on May 27 at an event to commemorate her 50th birthday .

Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Mr Gbajabiamila said he saved for “a couple of years” to buy his wife the luxury vehicle.

He said the presentation was meant to be a family affair. However, it was delayed and arrived when guests were already around.

His statement partly read, “My attention has been drawn to the extensive reports especially on social media regarding the presentation of a gift to my wife and best friend in celebration of her 50th birthday anniversary.

Naturally I had anticipated this occasion for quite a while and prepared by saving up for it in the last couple of years. I took the decision far back to present her with a significant gift, she was totally unaware of, to convey in part, the debt of my gratitude to her for standing by me through ‘thick and thin’. I could never have been half the man I am today without her support and unbelievable understanding. Truly, the monetary value of any gift real or imagined, pales in significance when I consider how much of a ‘rock and pillar’ she has been to me.

“The presentation of the gift contrary to public perception, was to be a family affair in our home but it suffered some delays finally arriving when a number of guests were in to celebrate with my wife. It still would have remained a private affair, but I guess we underestimated the power of social media and very excited friends.

“Having said this, I understand and appreciate the reaction of the public. As a public official, one must be held to a higher standard. My action was not meant to offend sensibilities and I regret that it did.

“Being a leader in many spheres, I can very well understand the optics of it. But I would rather want it to be seen as what it is-an expression of deep appreciation and love for my wife of almost thirty years, rather than one of flamboyance.

“I remain truly committed to my values of improving lives for my constituents and Nigerians at large. As the records will show, I have consistently expended much more in achieving this goal especially within my constituency, than I spend on my wife.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/270549-i-saved-for-years-to-buy-my-wifes-g-wagon-car-gift-gbajabiamila.html

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by chuksjuve(m): 5:02pm On May 31, 2018
Just like the way Buratai saved to buy those beautiful Mansions in Dubai..

grin grin grin

Savers association of Nigeria grin

325 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by soberdrunk(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2018
Hahahahahaha!!! Sai Buhari!!! The only president that makes politicians be claiming "AKAWO"!!.".... grin

22 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by TITOBIGZ(m): 5:05pm On May 31, 2018
chuksjuve:
Just like the way Buratai saved to buy those beautiful Mansions in Dubai..

grin grin grin

Savers association of Nigeria grin
AWON TI SAN's. gringringrin

29 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by abokibuhari: 5:07pm On May 31, 2018
grin If na PDP now sarrki and his transgender wife NgeneUkwenu no go let us hear word

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Mutemenot(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2018
you can only save to buy golf 3 not such a luxury Ride shocked

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Omeokachie: 5:10pm On May 31, 2018
How many years is "a couple of years"?

Either that this guys is a liar, or he is more wasteful than the prodigal son.

How can you be feeding fat on account of the people, earning those 'loot' of a monthly salary, and you claim to have saved for "a couple of years"?

22 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by CanineOfJackal: 5:15pm On May 31, 2018
How many years did you also save to buy your masquerade Gucci suit

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by CanineOfJackal: 5:20pm On May 31, 2018
He is saying the truth.

He has a contributory scheme that has buhari and Buratai.

Buhari used his own to buy land he can't locate today in PH

Buratai used his own to buy mansions in Dubai

While Femi used his own to buy masquerade for him and his wife and also a G wagon then finally throw an Owambe.

Folks pls tell me the best SAVER among the trio

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by nairavsdollars(f): 5:20pm On May 31, 2018
Bloody liar

10 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by kimjongJezebel: 5:30pm On May 31, 2018
Burutai, Gbajabiamila Savings and Investment Company

Headquarters - Abuja, Nigeria

Branch Office - Dubai, UAE

Source of Savings- Righteous Looting of Treasury

Patron and Godfathers - Presidency and Lord of Bourdillion

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by deji68: 6:15pm On May 31, 2018
Buratai stylee.... only mama peace who was not a public officer is not allowed to use this excuse grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by yemmight(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2018
It's better for him not to say anything than telling us this trash.

10 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by IDeyNL: 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
We Yoruba will support Gbaja and will not let him down. If he likes he can steal everything and enjoy himself and family we won't let him down. Other tribes are thieves too.

As a Yoruba Muslim, I support him. Let. Him continue to milk steal as long as it is our money.

IPOB wailers can keep wailing.

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by esbjaygmailco(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
Mr Gbaja / Boda Gbaja, talk true and shame the devil

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Akeos(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
saver, save a life....
liar liar

4 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Benekruku(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
grin grin grin

Have been saving too.

Please tell that to the birds.

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Bedlecturer(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
Who be small pikin? See this man oo

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by okomile(f): 6:19pm On May 31, 2018
Politicians and lies are friends.

He should just keep quiet grin
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by dipopooo(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
tongue
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by dipopooo(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
Hon gbaja u ar very correct. U saved for 15yrs.

U think everyone is stupid like u.
Continue deceiving ursef

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Dpharisee: 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
Northerners dont spend time lambasting their rich people and accusing them of corruption, Dangote will never be called 'corrupt' by them despite all the illegal waivers and tax evasions he has gotten over the years from the FG.

Why do you expect me to castigate Hon Gbaja, even Maina that embezzled billions was reinstated. G-Wagon driving on our roads in the South will not damage the roads like Dangote Cement Trailers but bring beauty to it.

As Igbos will say, if you respect the king, kingship will come to you wink

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Benekruku(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
IDeyNL:
We Yoruba will support Gbaja and will not let him down. If he likes he can steal everything and enjoy himself and family we won't let him down. Other tribes are thieves too.

As a Yoruba Muslim, I support him. Let. Him continue to milk steal as long as it is our money.

IPOB wailers can keep wailing.

Have you eaten today?

6 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by oshe11: 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
Years.....?

Like using Rat's cycle?
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by OverloadEazi: 6:20pm On May 31, 2018
What stupidity

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by SalamRushdie: 6:21pm On May 31, 2018
APC AND LIES ....so how long did you save to buy that 3 million Naira suit grin

4 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by abumoney(m): 6:21pm On May 31, 2018
No be only "save" u "save".
Nigerian politicians, I don't know if there's any criminal worse than them. Celebrated criminals
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by bloomstar: 6:21pm On May 31, 2018
oga you are now scared of probing, fear fear pikin, who asked you, efcc will be on your neck soon
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by sirlekzy: 6:21pm On May 31, 2018
Hmm.. Real Men ambitions grin grin grin

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Pavore9: 6:21pm On May 31, 2018
Uncle no sabi lie! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by IDeyNL: 6:22pm On May 31, 2018
Benekruku:

Have you eaten today?

IPOB wailer.. What concerns you with SW?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Group Picks Ize-Iyamu As Edo APC Consensus Candidate / Fayose Questions Source Of Obasanjo’s Wealth / Boko Haram Bomb Experts Arrested In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.