Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila (35267 Views)

Reno Omokri: “I Have Been Managing Peter Obi’s Twitter Account For Years” / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Femi Gbajabiamila Buys N38M G-wagon For His Wife, Salamatu (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by sleek82(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2018
yemmight:
It's better for him not to say anything than telling us this trash.
abi ooo....bloody liars from the pit of hell. I'm sure he saved to buy that agbada-looking gucci suit too cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by philip0906(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2018
Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by seguno2: 6:22pm On May 31, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
He is saying the truth.

He has a contributory scheme that has buhari and Buratai.

Buhari used his own to buy land he can't locate today in PH

Buratai used his own to buy mansions in Dubai

While Femi used his own to buy masquerade for him and his wife and also a G wagon then finally throw an Owambe.

Folks pls tell me the best SAVER among the trio

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by oneitalia: 6:23pm On May 31, 2018
Lies from the pit of hell. #ibereberism
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Newpride(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2018
Politicians and their lies ....

I hope doesn’t know politics is the fastest business in Nigeria if u succeed in winning an election..

Ordinary Gwagon is what this thiefing congress man is talking about.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Bedlecturer(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2018
IDeyNL:
We Yoruba will support Gbaja and will not let him down. If he likes he can steal everything and enjoy himself and family we won't let him down. Other tribes are thieves too.

As a Yoruba Muslim, I support him. Let. Him continue to milk steal as long as it is our money.

IPOB wailers can keep wailing.

Are you sure you are a Muslim?
Are you sure you are Fasting today?
If you are pretending to be fasting abeg carry heavy Amala and begin to chop am now now, because you are not fasting but you are starving yourself today.
See the kind talk you dey talk.

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
All Nigerian politicians hell fire and brimstone trial await you all with all these lies you are unleashing to electorates.

You are not saving to give your constituency first class infrastructures you promised them during the 2015 campaign.

Well that is your three years score mark as a failedtouts republic of corruption.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by nabegibeg: 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
nwakibie3:
A member of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has defended his much talked about car gift to his wife.

The lawmaker trended on social media for days after a photo and video of a brand new Benz G-Wagon he got his wife surfaced online.

The lawmaker presented the surprise gift on May 27 at an event to commemorate her 50th birthday .

Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Mr Gbajabiamila said he saved for “a couple of years” to buy his wife the luxury vehicle.

He said the presentation was meant to be a family affair. However, it was delayed and arrived when guests were already around.

His statement partly read, “My attention has been drawn to the extensive reports especially on social media regarding the presentation of a gift to my wife and best friend in celebration of her 50th birthday anniversary.

Naturally I had anticipated this occasion for quite a while and prepared by saving up for it in the last couple of years. I took the decision far back to present her with a significant gift, she was totally unaware of, to convey in part, the debt of my gratitude to her for standing by me through ‘thick and thin’. I could never have been half the man I am today without her support and unbelievable understanding. Truly, the monetary value of any gift real or imagined, pales in significance when I consider how much of a ‘rock and pillar’ she has been to me.

“The presentation of the gift contrary to public perception, was to be a family affair in our home but it suffered some delays finally arriving when a number of guests were in to celebrate with my wife. It still would have remained a private affair, but I guess we underestimated the power of social media and very excited friends.

“Having said this, I understand and appreciate the reaction of the public. As a public official, one must be held to a higher standard. My action was not meant to offend sensibilities and I regret that it did.

“Being a leader in many spheres, I can very well understand the optics of it. But I would rather want it to be seen as what it is-an expression of deep appreciation and love for my wife of almost thirty years, rather than one of flamboyance.

“I remain truly committed to my values of improving lives for my constituents and Nigerians at large. As the records will show, I have consistently expended much more in achieving this goal especially within my constituency, than I spend on my wife.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/270549-i-saved-for-years-to-buy-my-wifes-g-wagon-car-gift-gbajabiamila.html

Uncle no sabi lie oooo

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Johnrake69: 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
soberdrunk:
Hahahahahaha!!! Sai Buhari!!! The only president that makes politicians be claiming "AKAWO"!!.".... grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 31, 2018
yea! me too! i have been saving too, these bald heads must think that nigeria are fools!

Tell that to the monkeys! the might believe it.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by anytexy: 6:25pm On May 31, 2018
You say ..

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by fordunit(m): 6:26pm On May 31, 2018
Wish I can hold back from commenting in this thread. But this below, is the most stupid comment I have seen on NL. What the hell is wrong with us these days? A group of criminals are united in squandering our commonwealth and someone is applauding them?

IDeyNL:
We Yoruba will support Gbaja and will not let him down. If he likes he can steal everything and enjoy himself and family we won't let him down. Other tribes are thieves too.

As a Yoruba Muslim, I support him. Let. Him continue to milk steal as long as it is our money.

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by AkumahTalk(m): 6:26pm On May 31, 2018
Hmmmm. These pliticians can saaave! Chai.

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by jazinogold(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2018
chuksjuve:
Just like the way Buratai saved to buy those beautiful Mansions in Dubai..

grin grin grin

Savers association of Nigeria grin
SAN
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 31, 2018
You saved for years to spend on a vehicle, a liability. Hmmm this man is too 'smart' to be a Senator.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Wfaluse: 6:29pm On May 31, 2018
Nigeria politicians are truly who they are. Stick your neck for them at your own risk
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by package7(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2018
Ole ni period... Your Big brother in crime just confessed to us now on national TV... In person of cockroach Okorocha governor of imo state now.. Ogbeni, if, you don't have better things to say just keep quiet there before I

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by RexTramadol1: 6:36pm On May 31, 2018
Saka Manje
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Neoteny(m): 6:39pm On May 31, 2018
Southern Nigerians' obsession with this ugly car baffles me
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by sammylink: 6:40pm On May 31, 2018
Booda Femi. Iro ti ba tiyin je.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by bossman77(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2018
I have been saving since 1987 to buy my wife a Lamborghini,i am almost there
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by josessybj: 6:43pm On May 31, 2018
You are not different from a yahoo boy!

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Lucasbalo(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2018
SalamRushdie:
APC AND LIES ....so how long did you save to buy that 3 million Naira suit grin
You get all the b.s. going on in your Titanic but your focus is celebrating a racist pig thousands of miles away. The home front is burning but your attention is elsewhere. Misplaced priority my friend.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by adecz: 6:49pm On May 31, 2018
grin grin

Saved kor,
Safed ní....

Jega has exposed all of you
Legislators, who ask for bribe from
the parastatals & organizations you
oversee.

We cannot be fooled,
EFCC go soon visit you... undecided undecided
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by willibounce1(m): 6:54pm On May 31, 2018
sometimes it is better to just keep quiet. You have been saving to buy G wagon. Una don kuku see nigerians as mumu. Imagine the rubbish yarn.

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Follygunners: 7:00pm On May 31, 2018
IDeyNL:

E no go better for you! angry angry Thunder from Jupiter fire you and ur generations! cool

Speak for urself, Olofo NOT, the whole Yoruba pple. angry

Once again, E no go better for you! angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by enemyofprogress: 7:01pm On May 31, 2018
All I know be sey person wey dey tell lies go dey thief
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by wilson04: 7:02pm On May 31, 2018
How can you save such colossal amount for ur wife only . What of your children? Stop deceiving people. I will know how much you will be able to save after your exit from the house. Mr gift.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Skmoda360(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Bloody liar
Hmmmmm!!! Are you sure he is not related lair Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by AntiWailer: 7:03pm On May 31, 2018
Osheyyy

De gea awo Judas is Karius

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React To The Siege Laid On Saraki And Ekweremadu's Residences / Temitope Olatoye And His Supporters Burn APC Broom In Oyo State (Photos) / 2023: Wike Visits Yar’adua’s Mum In Katsina (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.