Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila (35294 Views)

Reno Omokri: “I Have Been Managing Peter Obi’s Twitter Account For Years” / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Femi Gbajabiamila Buys N38M G-wagon For His Wife, Salamatu (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Lipscomb(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2018
Haters can go and die.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by justy15: 7:15pm On May 31, 2018
It runs in their blood in APC to lie. Buhari picked 27million naira loan to buy form, my brother gbajabiamila did akawo to buy his wife a Mercedes amg
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Burgerlomo: 7:20pm On May 31, 2018
Guilty conscience cool
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2018
Obviously this man is lying. The way yo saved for years and escaped from the US. Nice one Gbaja
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Alejoc(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2018
Bobo!
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Ahmeduana(m): 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
Abi se mo kuku goo?
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by semyman: 7:36pm On May 31, 2018
Fugitive
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by NovusHomo(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2018
chuksjuve:
Just like the way Buratai saved to buy those beautiful Mansions in Dubai..

grin grin grin

Savers association of Nigeria grin

NEWS
Exposed: Femi Gbajabiamila Fraudulent Past Revealed!

ABUSIDIQ
Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm0

[b]The Representative now angling to take over from Farouk Lawan as the new Mr. Intergrity in the house, Hon (?) Femi Gbajabiamila, has been exposed as a fraud who admitted to theft of his clients funds while serving as an attorney in the U.S. State of Georgia.

Femi Gbaja as he then was known later resurrected as Femi Gbajabiamila perhaps to hide his fraudulent past and is now positioning himself as an integrity activist in the House of Representatives.

The punishment for Femi Gbaja’s offence would have been outright debarment, however he played dead before a full panel of the Supreme Court of Georgia led by Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears,before the court could rule on the petition from his client, he filed a petition for Voluntary Discipline, filed under bar rule 4-227(b) in which he fully admitted to stealing $25,000 from his client.

The name Femi Gbaja being the name he was being referred to in the case file, accepted payment of $25,000 as a personal injury claims and deposited those funds in his attorney trust account in January 2003. He failed to disburse the funds to his client; instead he withdrew the funds, closed his practice and left for Nigeria where he ran for elections to represent Surulere I Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representative under the banner of Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 2003. Upon arrival in Nigeria, curiously, Mr. Femi Gbaja added another name to avoid detection, he is known in Nigeria with a compound name “Femi Gbaja-Biamila”.

A cursory look at his bio on the website of the National Assembly (www.nassnig.org) also betrays his crooked intention to avoid detection, while he gave his undergraduate degree college as the University of Lagos; his US education was shrouded in mystery as he claimed to have attended John Marshall Law School, USA. True, Mr. Femi Gbaja is a graduate of John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, Georgia and was admitted to the Georgia State Bar in June 2001 but in the United States alone there are two of such law schools, one in Chicago and another one in Atlanta, Georgia where Femi Gbaja graduated.

In the Georgia Attorney Directory, Femi Gbaja gave his address as 20, Mercy Eneli Street Surulere, Lagos. He is said to have refunded the clients money ($25,000) in 2006 and his lawyers have already submitted a certification of compliance of the Supreme Court ruling as of March 2007. Making him ineligible to practice law in the State of Georgia until February.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Segeshow: 8:01pm On May 31, 2018
God why did u put me in a land surrounded by so many morons? I really hate living my house everyday because I am exasperated all the time with the antics of my people. I swear the moment you step into MM2, the first thing that hits your nostrils is the stench. Then you see mad men riding one way on Okada, buses stopping in the middle of the road to pick passengers, filth everywhere. All you people eager to get married and bring poor innocent children into this shit of a country, know that the best legacy you can give your kids is a passport that is not green. Scrape, beg, borrow, steal to let your wife give birth abroad because this shithole will never get better as long as people like Gbajamilia or Jalabia are the ones that make our collective decisions. I puke every morning I wake to hear allahuakbr from the mosque down the road. Fucking savages. If you are not righteous enough to wake up in the morning to pray must u disturb the rest of us who have insomnia and have just fallen asleep? I wish I had access to bombs, I will freaking suicide bomb that fucking mosque!
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by CSTR1003: 8:12pm On May 31, 2018
And this is the same idiot some nairalanders were fighting for to become a leader in the national assembly.

How is he better than saraki or lawan?

2 Likes

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Kelvin1971(m): 8:19pm On May 31, 2018
You are a big goat who you dey deceive telling lies idiot
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by bigjj: 8:20pm On May 31, 2018
My so called 'honest man'. so, role model is rare to find in Nigeria of today.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by v2: 8:20pm On May 31, 2018
The thunder wey go strike this one for the lies still dey gather momentum. Mtcheeew! Criminal.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by tete7000(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2018
No be person wey get money dey save? At least you must have access to millions to save to buy g-wagon. Why not buy her jalopy?
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Harrynight(m): 8:42pm On May 31, 2018
You lie and u think we believe u
We listen and pretend we believe u
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Smarkie: 8:50pm On May 31, 2018
mr saver, tell that tori to ur ancestors
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by ufuosman(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2018
Lie Mohammed fall on you, they lie you no dey laugh
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Charly68: 9:05pm On May 31, 2018
Who is he deceiving now ?
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by ak22(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2018
nwakibie3:
A member of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has defended his much talked about car gift to his wife.

The lawmaker trended on social media for days after a photo and video of a brand new Benz G-Wagon he got his wife surfaced online.

The lawmaker presented the surprise gift on May 27 at an event to commemorate her 50th birthday .

But you are collecting more than 15m per month? please if na play make you stop ham ooooo . because I dey quick to vex

Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Mr Gbajabiamila said he saved for “a couple of years” to buy his wife the luxury vehicle.

He said the presentation was meant to be a family affair. However, it was delayed and arrived when guests were already around.

His statement partly read, “My attention has been drawn to the extensive reports especially on social media regarding the presentation of a gift to my wife and best friend in celebration of her 50th birthday anniversary.

Naturally I had anticipated this occasion for quite a while and prepared by saving up for it in the last couple of years. I took the decision far back to present her with a significant gift, she was totally unaware of, to convey in part, the debt of my gratitude to her for standing by me through ‘thick and thin’. I could never have been half the man I am today without her support and unbelievable understanding. Truly, the monetary value of any gift real or imagined, pales in significance when I consider how much of a ‘rock and pillar’ she has been to me.

“The presentation of the gift contrary to public perception, was to be a family affair in our home but it suffered some delays finally arriving when a number of guests were in to celebrate with my wife. It still would have remained a private affair, but I guess we underestimated the power of social media and very excited friends.

“Having said this, I understand and appreciate the reaction of the public. As a public official, one must be held to a higher standard. My action was not meant to offend sensibilities and I regret that it did.

“Being a leader in many spheres, I can very well understand the optics of it. But I would rather want it to be seen as what it is-an expression of deep appreciation and love for my wife of almost thirty years, rather than one of flamboyance.

“I remain truly committed to my values of improving lives for my constituents and Nigerians at large. As the records will show, I have consistently expended much more in achieving this goal especially within my constituency, than I spend on my wife.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/270549-i-saved-for-years-to-buy-my-wifes-g-wagon-car-gift-gbajabiamila.html
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by rash47(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2018
Dpharisee:
Northerners dont spend time lambasting their rich people and accusing them of corruption, Dangote will never be called 'corrupt' by them despite all the illegal waivers and tax evasions he has gotten over the years from the FG.

Why do you expect me to castigate Hon Gbaja, even Maina that embezzled billions was reinstated. G-Wagon driving on our roads in the South will not damage the roads like Dangote Cement Trailers but bring beauty to it.

As Igbos will say, if you respect the king, kingship will come to you wink
sense will not kill you. God bless.

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:21pm On May 31, 2018
What a huge confident liar!
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by sunbreaker: 9:22pm On May 31, 2018
nwakibie3:
A member of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has defended his much talked about car gift to his wife.

The lawmaker trended on social media for days after a photo and video of a brand new Benz G-Wagon he got his wife surfaced online.

The lawmaker presented the surprise gift on May 27 at an event to commemorate her 50th birthday .

Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Mr Gbajabiamila said he saved for “a couple of years” to buy his wife the luxury vehicle.

He said the presentation was meant to be a family affair. However, it was delayed and arrived when guests were already around.

His statement partly read, “My attention has been drawn to the extensive reports especially on social media regarding the presentation of a gift to my wife and best friend in celebration of her 50th birthday anniversary.

Naturally I had anticipated this occasion for quite a while and prepared by saving up for it in the last couple of years. I took the decision far back to present her with a significant gift, she was totally unaware of, to convey in part, the debt of my gratitude to her for standing by me through ‘thick and thin’. I could never have been half the man I am today without her support and unbelievable understanding. Truly, the monetary value of any gift real or imagined, pales in significance when I consider how much of a ‘rock and pillar’ she has been to me.

“The presentation of the gift contrary to public perception, was to be a family affair in our home but it suffered some delays finally arriving when a number of guests were in to celebrate with my wife. It still would have remained a private affair, but I guess we underestimated the power of social media and very excited friends.

“Having said this, I understand and appreciate the reaction of the public. As a public official, one must be held to a higher standard. My action was not meant to offend sensibilities and I regret that it did.

“Being a leader in many spheres, I can very well understand the optics of it. But I would rather want it to be seen as what it is-an expression of deep appreciation and love for my wife of almost thirty years, rather than one of flamboyance.

“I remain truly committed to my values of improving lives for my constituents and Nigerians at large. As the records will show, I have consistently expended much more in achieving this goal especially within my constituency, than I spend on my wife.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/270549-i-saved-for-years-to-buy-my-wifes-g-wagon-car-gift-gbajabiamila.html
how come? With #13.5m you earn from national assembly every month.God save human being ooo.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by smokinggun(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2018
nwakibie3:

Abeg who ask u ? Or na guilty conscience ?
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by TalkingBird: 9:28pm On May 31, 2018
PEOPLE IN MANY CONSTITUENCIES ARE HUNGRY, PREGNANT WOMEN DIE OF LACK OF FUND TO HELP THEM DELIVER SAFELY.
MANY LACKING GOOD HOMES, WATER ETC.

WICKED WORLD THAT WILL SOON END.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by lereinter(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2018
yusuf buhari also saved. for years to by the power bike that nearly killed him
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by gabbasin(m): 9:48pm On May 31, 2018
if gbaja income is legit to have saved for years to afford the car for his wife I don't see any fuss here but the truth is that he can't defend this with his income as a rep all this years. Our politicians have turned us to mumu, the politicians in office are the wealthy ones while the legit hustlers find it hard to survive in this harsh economic environment due to corrupt tendencies of our public office holders who are to put policy in place for a robust business climate, no wonder obasanjo as the president give himself a license for a university ditto for his vice atiku. The hard truth is a better Nigeria is a mirage with the kind of people we have at the helm of affairs couple with the type of people that we the masses are
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by lorhema(f): 10:11pm On May 31, 2018
chuksjuve:
Just like the way Buratai saved to buy those beautiful Mansions in Dubai..

grin grin grin

Savers association of Nigeria grin

Na so.
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Moneywomen17(m): 10:53pm On May 31, 2018
Follygunners:

E no go better for you! angry angry Thunder from Jupiter fire you and ur generations! cool

Speak for urself, Olofo NOT, the whole Yoruba pple. angry

Once again, E no go better for you! angry angry
shine ur eyes ogbeni go to his post history u will see he is ipob himself. No Yoruba will speak like that and declare himself Yoruba Muslim in nl apart from ipob youth.

1 Like

Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Moneywomen17(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2018
Bedlecturer:

Are you sure you are a Muslim?
Are you sure you are Fasting today?
If you are pretending to be fasting abeg carry heavy Amala and begin to chop am now now, because you are not fasting but you are starving yourself today.
See the kind talk you dey talk.
the kind talk u will expect from ipob masquerading as a Yoruba
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Follygunners: 11:09pm On May 31, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shine ur eyes ogbeni go to his post history u will see he is ipob himself. No Yoruba will speak like that and declare himself Yoruba Muslim in nl apart from ipob youth.

Very true... I thought as much but nevertheless gave him a dose of whatever medicine he deserves! grin
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by Ogunleti01: 6:36am On Jun 01, 2018
nwakibie3:

Hmmmm!!! saving from your humongous take home every month abi? see the deputy of Lie Mohammed
Re: I Saved For Years To Buy My Wife’s G-wagon Car Gift – Gbajabiamila by banjoodo(m): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2018
Can civil servant who recieve 18thousand minimum wage do this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu / 2023: Tinubu Quietly Opens Campaign Headquarters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.