Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,375 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel (30398 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / We Quarrel Because Of Sex / Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by kapelvej: 12:06am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:
Hi Nairalanders , I need some mature responses .

Anytime I and my wife have a quarrel or a verbal altercation she tends to remove her ring for a few days.

Please what could this mean or how do I address this. It really gets me thinking.

...A WOMAN WITH BAD TEMPER hmmmm, be carehfull
raed these ttp://www.nairaland.com/4447411/wife-finally-moved, AND https://www.nairaland.com/4457718/update-wife-finally-moved
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by nnaeyes6: 12:17am On Jun 01, 2018
sell ur ring she go calm down

2 Likes

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by usagee36: 12:21am On Jun 01, 2018
That happens when you love a woman more than when she loves you. I guess you begged like dying for her to marry you so she use any little opportunity to make you feel she can leave the marriage and u get scared. Now when she does that again, take yours off too and keep it close to hers. Foolissssh woman
obidevine:

Anytime I and my wife have a quarrel or a verbal altercation she tends to remove her ring for a few days.

Please what could this mean or how do I address this. It really gets me thinking.

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

How old is she?? 5 years??

She grew up as a woman but left her brain in kindergarten...

& I guess you do beg her to put it back on... grin cheesy

NONSENSE.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by babeosisi: 12:27am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

Is it a cheap ring?
Maybe she is allergic to cheap metals grin

Kidding
Seriously now

She does it just to make you think she is giving an impression that she is single and available.she may even have a fake boyfriend call her and she answers when you can over hear the conversation.
It's all part of the initial 7 years of knowing one another and adjusting
Don't pay any attention to it and she will have no need to do it

Remember that many of the people responding to you may be children so weigh each response on a scale.
If I were you, I would focus more on getting to the root cause of the frequent altercations and work through that rather than her reactions to them
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by paulade18: 12:36am On Jun 01, 2018
My brother, this is a red flag signal showing that this woman does not love you as much as you do her and her heart can easily be won over by another male admirer. I am not trying to put unnecessary fear in you but that is the plain truth, from experience. You need to start praying seriously from now for God to put your passionate love permanently in her heart and for God to give you the wisdom to handle her ad it's obvious she is still childlike mentally. You should also try as much as possible to avoid incidences of conflicts between you no matter the provocation. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by dequeenishere: 12:36am On Jun 01, 2018
To me, I feel she is really nt committed to the marriage vows . She thinks the marriage is urs and dts y she wants to punish with dt. Though dt could be because she is really nt mature enough to know what marriage really is. On the other hand, u guys should work on understanding each other better so as to avoid the occasion of constant issues.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 01, 2018
If you haven't talked to her before bringing the matter here, you no try Hunku. I wonder how we see marriage. Shay na you pay her dowry? Sit her down and ask her "what meanest that". There are many ways to ask her. Me that was not there when you people were doing lovi lovi. I did not even eat reception rice, or collect souvenir. I should start cracking my head to answer Jamb question.

People here just saying she's not committed to the marriage, she's this, she's that yen yen yen... Don't try to confuse the bros. Let him go and ask his wife. Don't be too quick to conclude as if you're Ifa or Amadioha.

This bros has quarrelled with his wife to the point, he noticed "whenever" they quarel, she removes ring. Sir are you even sure you want to be in the marriage? Or you're just looking to nairaland people to endorse your divorce? You go see them oh.

If the woman is immature for pulling the ring, the man is immature for always quarrelling with his wife! If you love her as a wife, the first thing you'd do is try to know what's happening from her side,and not look for people to confirm your fears! And stop quarrelling with her sir. If you stop, maybe she'd stop pulling the ring.

4 Likes

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Maydayy(m): 12:43am On Jun 01, 2018
Most of the advice you are getting here is mainly from single inexperienced individual.
A woman can NEVER. remove her ring over a minor issue. I suspect you sometimes hit her or use abusive words.The ring to her Signifies a kind of leverage, she believes without it, you have no right to abuse her physically or verbally.
Young man find a way to make your marriage work.stop abusing your wife. if possible keep it off social media.
All the best Sir
cc. obidevine

3 Likes

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

Steal her ring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Hollavick: 1:07am On Jun 01, 2018
Reason things out
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by ATIKUAIR(f): 1:07am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

You're right about her being hot tempered , but I love her so much.
Can you also say that she loves you too the way you love her? Have you ever come to think of removing your ring when you quarrel with her? Believe not always easy managing a home a man loves more than the woman! Homes where a woman's love is greater than the man, you hardly know or notice any fault or misunderstanding but homes where man's love is ahead of the woman's love! Wahala no be here ooo! All the same sit her down and talk that out with her! (Just hope the talk will not lead to another quarrel to remove her wedding ring! Loving the wrong woman is dangerous)
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by package7(m): 1:08am On Jun 01, 2018
Ehn eh Kini Big deal
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Rocktation(f): 1:21am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

That is the reason right there! She knows it gets you thinking.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by HARDDON: 1:52am On Jun 01, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...Let's...ain't...

'Ain't' passed in your lil grammar spectacle? Aiit! angry

Ever heard of double negatives not dealing?

@op, that is the 'ish' with not taking charge of your home right from the onset.

Drop by drop, the ocean has gotten full, it overflows.

SENSE PILL:

To maintain Luv, you must apply BALLS!
If not... the man dies....
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Macon1212: 2:01am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

She may be cheating on you, she may tell men at that time that she's not married.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by openmine(m): 2:01am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

I like making my narratives based on the foundations or the basics.....
That's because when the foundation is faulty,no matter the kind of structure you put on it,there is every tendency that the building will collapse.... same thing is applicable to a relationship or marriage without a durable foundation!

was there a serious relationship before you proceeded to marry her?

Did you see any sort of withdrawal any time you had a disagreement or quarrel with her before you married her?

Does she like settling quarrels or issues at her own time and when convenient for her?

Is she someone who is willing to sit down with you and solve an issue or quarrel no matter who is wrong or right?

To be honest,pulling the ring which represents a symbol of love, togetherness and oneness no matter the circumstances displays ignorance and immaturity!

This happens when an individual is not mentally prepared for a relationship or marriage.....I guess she was living under the assumption that marriage is like a fairy tale or a soap opera show ie telemundo where everything seems perfect with no issues or challenges!

Once she finally puts on the ring,Please find the right time to talk to her about what you have discovered....Let her know that issues,challenges or quarrels are inevitable.....
That problems can only be resolved by sticking together to overcome them and not run away from it!

Its well!
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by merit4: 2:03am On Jun 01, 2018
She simply regret marrying u at that moment. A deep thought that she could have married someone else. She wears it back when u make her happy and make her forget her regrets. I think the ring means alot to her as a symbol of your union. Try to steal it when she removes it. Then try ur very best to make her happy and show her love. I tell u, she will feel very guilty for misplacing the ring. Don't give her breeding space....keep disturbing her that she must find the ring. Then throw it on the floor where u know she will see it. I bet it with u, she won't do it for a long time. It happens to newly wedded couples.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Bruemath(m): 2:17am On Jun 01, 2018
She might be doing that just to make u more angry and worried
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by hope4nigeria(m): 2:22am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

start looking for another wife, this current one is not destined to wear ring. Matured advice you said!
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by tianshie(m): 2:23am On Jun 01, 2018
A lot of people commenting here are either excited teenagers, or adults in five-second relationships.

My question is: what do YOU do when you fight with her? She's obviously trying to counter whatever your (re)action is. It doesn't make her behaviour right, but some context is necessary. People in marriages often think it's a power game, a struggle for control of the relationship. If you examine yourself and your behaviour toward her, the things you do when you're mad at her, or things you do to get her mad, and then change, yet she refuses to alter her ring-pulling behaviour, then you can really put the blame on her.

But it's important to tell her to stop. Both of you need to modify your attitudes. Marriage is a daily struggle. But LOVE heals all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Jackossky(m): 2:32am On Jun 01, 2018
Powerexpert:
This advise is cool.
If a lady is doing such, it may be that you are not also living up to responsibility, she married you out of pity, she takes care of most things in the house i.e she contributes more to the house, she cooks and take care of the home while you most times show unchallant attitude, you are not also motivated to a reasonable/arguable level. Removing ring might be the starting point, the next thing might be your family frame or other things related. She might even threaten to relocate for you or divorce you. Na small small craze dey start

1. sit her down and talk over it
2. don't give excuse for your fault, admit it
3. don't shy away from responsibilities
4. revive the relationship by taking her out or doing special things
5. you can also help in doing one or two things in the house, na your helpmate, no kill her with work

Final question to you: is your wife working?

If after trying the above, there is no change, na to speak to who both of you will listen to.

Two wrongs will not make a right.
Two hidden rings will not make a happy home.

#thistoowillpassaway

Peace out

Can't say it better.

Like my friend would say 'What insolence!'
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2018
I don't think this should bother you, there will be a time that both of you will not even care to wear it for no reason. It bothers you now because your marriage is still young but there is more to marriage than rings. Pay less attention to that and concentrate on better things.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by obidevine(m): 2:56am On Jun 01, 2018
I appreciate all the advice.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 01, 2018
If she likes she can remove her hand.

Na the pessin wey dey look him wife eye no say she dey cry.

Too much trouble in the outside world (Bob Marley) for some woman to create more for me in the house.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

You're right about her being hot tempered , but I love her so much.
Hot tempered partner are the worst kind of partner.
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by herraph: 3:50am On Jun 01, 2018
sisisioge:
Don't get too paranoid... She does it cos it gets to you. In fact, stop wearing yours entirely and watch how she complains. Then you can talk about the rule of never taking it off.

A good place to start
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by dadark: 3:53am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

are you slow or what....??...

she dont want....when the opprtunity is around,she will leave you.......

chaiii......

you dont need no advice to know that.....

mbok.....
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Pat081: 3:53am On Jun 01, 2018
U better dnt gv high blood pressure so far dat she dnt use to remove it all the time why re u gvin ur self problem dat is nt dia , hv u see her with another man or hear any bad things about her ?if no let ur mind b at rest
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Pat081: 3:55am On Jun 01, 2018
U better dnt gv high blood pressure so far dat she dnt use to remove it all the time why re u gvin ur self problem dat is nt dia , hv u see her with another man or hear any bad things about her ?if no let ur mind b at rest u ve children to take care of n if u dnt hv blive in her go and do DNA TEST ON YOUR CHILDREN
Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Dyt(f): 4:04am On Jun 01, 2018
obidevine:

No I don't

You are a liar
undecided undecided

I am impulsive too and I don't just act the way I do
We are not mad

Check yourself
Stop doing the things that makes the pretty woman angry

2 Likes

Re: Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel by Dyt(f): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Ishilove:

You this geh. You're a clown cheesy

Anas09:

hahahahahahahaha. Na wa for you.

Dude is lying
Making it seem like the lady is the one with faults
As he's faultless
angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) / That Past Experience(s) That Made You Smile Or Laugh Out Loud. / Nine Reasons Why Some African Ladies End Up Single For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.