Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? (7800 Views)

Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services / Developers And Webmasters, How Do You Make Your Purchases Online? / Larger Market For Web Developers And Techies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by CodeTemplar: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2018
Richdad50:
It's a CULT of young Fools parading themselves as programmers. Go and code Artificial Intelligence if you have mind. Mctweeeee!!!!

can the average electrician produces his own diode and capacitor? Or do pharmaceutical people produce their own raw materials? Web developer are no different so stop the empty boasting.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2018
this is true but I have a team visit my website www.novacomng.com and if you want to know more about me, check this link
http://techtins.com/post/meet-warri-startup-novacom-webs-ng/
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Dcaliphate(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2018
Is that all? Can we rest now? undecided
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by derrydinny: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2018
I think it is more professional to use we, it makes it look like a company doing your job

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Dareal90s(m): 8:50am On Jun 03, 2018
Most are team, some are good at frontend while some backend, once they work together so y can't he who u make contact with say we?

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
oga web programmer, pls correct yourself

no vex, my oga!
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
We have worked with Multinationals and expatriates.

We are a team of seasoned and onioned professionals.

We deliver great work and meet contractual deadlines like kilode.

Whereas, it's just one guy sitting in his father's house wearing boxer and singlet all day in front of one old rickety Acer laptop grin

mehn, you sef check am na..
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2018
bennymark:
Whether we or us, na make the alert enter

true.. but quality matters though.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2018
Ellixlimswag:
this early morning
na since 2 days ago
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2018
Richdad50:
It's a CULT of young Fools parading themselves as programmers. Go and code Artificial Intelligence if you have mind. Mctweeeee!!!!

ha! bro, take it easy. young fools?! it hasn't gotten to that level. AI takes a whole more to do, but I am sure that given the right environment, we too can do AI
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bennymark(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

true.. but quality matters though.

Yes it does, but I don't think we or I will affect the quality, unless it is truly US, not one guy wearing boxers

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2018
telim:
Most of the web developers on this forum are Hungary developers with very little skill in web development.
There charges are very cheap but they endup spending huge amount of there meaning ful time on your project only to end up designing a shitty site.

yh! "Hungary"... but it is the fault of whoever hires them, i think.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:13am On Jun 03, 2018
affable4:
Just keep wondering If it is a crime to dream big.

I would rather focus on the quality of jobs done than the pronoun anyone chooses to call himself.

of course, dream big! Don't just fake where you are. besides, if you are really good, you would be comfy saying you are "I".
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2018
dasauce:
I don't understand what you tend to benefit from this hate thread..
I have a registered company with not less than 3 staffs working with me.
Every developer be it WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or Magento user must sound professional else Big firm won't notice you..
So if your ego has been deflated by one.. then hang it over with 1 LTR bottle of ABSOLUT Vodka..

lol. olodo, how is this a hate thread?! the truth hurt you? oh! congratulations, you are a "we". you have 3 "staffs"... we hail you bro. how much do you pay em monthly?! or shey na per project?
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2018
Northmall:
Lol. Using 'We' instead of 'I' seems to give more credibility to a business. Like people would be more comfortable dealing with an established business that has employees than working with a freelancer imo.

there are people who dont mind, actually. They just want honest and quality work
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Anatech(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2018
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2018
MisterGrace:
grin Especially all these WordPress demo editors.
Idiots forming developers.

When I decided to go into content management systems, I opted for drupal, magento and Joomla.

I build any website, I will still be the manager. cheesy

It is very painful how these demo editors are spoiling business for some.

For us, we are a team...

7 people coding and programming all day and all year.

honest stuff! 7 people coding..

have been on my own for 5yrs now.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2018
afonja112:
I saw someone's profile yesterday on Facebook, the developer claimed to have done so many jobs it will make your head spin, owns a company and all that.
But the gawddam website is uploaded to a free platform online - who does that?

And note, I am a developer too.

lol. you never see where developer do dey call you to help do his work he don hook. lol
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2018
samfibby:
Op, how old are you?

old enough, my oga! why?
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2018
telim:
How can I delete this space?

CALL SEUN.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by theguvnor: 9:27am On Jun 03, 2018
affable4:
Just keep wondering If it is a crime to dream big.

I would rather focus on the quality of jobs done than the pronoun anyone chooses to call himself.
This is the most perfect response to this post.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:28am On Jun 03, 2018
wizzyboy21:

Now, see the kind mumu post that made it to front page. But i posted a very inspirational post about how to get your blog connected to adsense, it did not made it to front page. I sense some hormonal inbalance affecting those that moves posts to front page here.

Thats by the way, Just look at your statement "they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress." So do you mean that someone that uses wordpress cannot own a campany you must be very sick in the brain. They uses "we" bekos they know they are dreaming big becoming a company. And most contects and sections of a website demands the word "we" for it to sound mature.

Ewu!!! Just accept the fact that you dont know how to use wordpress. And if you want to learn wordpress, i teach you wordpress for N50,000
I have developed powerful websites with wordpress, ecommerce, forums, paid membership sites, social media sites, soccer live score sites.
Aturu, i have made upto 4million using wordpress in 2yres and my forum adsense is bringing nothing less than 200k every month and the earnings is increasing daily.

So, what have you achieved with your coding Nonsense!!!!!!!!1

Aboki, imagine grammar:
i just makes me laugh a lot. Mr sabi

i am sorry, my oga! no vex. you are really insulted by the post. ha! no vex. na God i take beg. as you be millionaire, the only one in the whole NL. no vex.

Make i come do training sharp sharp. shey you will teach me how to make wp-plugins too?!

wait o, 2yrs to make 4M?!

you are highly favored..

shey you are happy now?!
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by emonkey(m): 9:29am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:
i see a lot of responses to post by developers and they always share a link to their websites, saying "see OUR jobs"... or call "US" on... why?!

they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress. is it the way to make them look good?! serious!? or what!?

i just makes me laugh a lot.

Please, i am a web programmer. i work for myself, and i m very good. let me show you what i have done in the past, and currently working on.

I think that is more personal and less distant than the "we" and "us" cards.

cheers.

Me + my machine + the server = We
What is your problem.
grin

4 Likes

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by osobase01(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2018
some jobs are meant to be done by group of team.... so using "we" is just a way to convince your client that it's a stage and different professionals in the field will also do there part

most client are happy when they see we cos they believe yes it's team work not just one person that's why... Tho am not a programmer but I once used it for one of my skill....

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2018
osobase01:
some jobs are meant to be done by group of team.... so using "we" is just a way to convince your client that it's a stage and different professionals in the field will also do there part

most client are happy when they see we cos they believe yes it's team work not just one person that's why... Tho am not a programmer but I once used it for one of my skill....

you know, I didn't think abt this actually. but i am specifically looking at people who are web designers.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by harryakand: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2018
wizzyboy21:

Now, see the kind mumu post that made it to front page. But i posted a very inspirational post about how to get your blog connected to adsense, it did not made it to front page. I sense some hormonal inbalance affecting those that moves posts to front page here.

Thats by the way, Just look at your statement "they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress." So do you mean that someone that uses wordpress cannot own a campany you must be very sick in the brain. They uses "we" bekos they know they are dreaming big becoming a company. And most contects and sections of a website demands the word "we" for it to sound mature.

Ewu!!! Just accept the fact that you dont know how to use wordpress. And if you want to learn wordpress, i teach you wordpress for N50,000
I have developed powerful websites with wordpress, ecommerce, forums, paid membership sites, social media sites, soccer live score sites.
Aturu, i have made upto 4million using wordpress in 2yres and my forum adsense is bringing nothing less than 200k every month and the earnings is increasing daily.

So, what have you achieved with your coding Nonsense!!!!!!!!1

Aboki, imagine grammar:
i just makes me laugh a lot. Mr sabi
Nor mind the op, he's still sleeping on a bicycle.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bhimbho(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Get 50 Points to earn free airtime or cash
referral Code :ik1BcC
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.insta.naira
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by bedfordng(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2018
hmmm
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:15am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:
i see a lot of responses to post by developers and they always share a link to their websites, saying "see OUR jobs"... or call "US" on... why?!

they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress. is it the way to make them look good?! serious!? or what!?

i just makes me laugh a lot.

Please, i am a web programmer. i work for myself, and i m very good. let me show you what i have done in the past, and currently working on.

I think that is more personal and less distant than the "we" and "us" cards.

cheers.
it is to make it sound official
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by CDCEO001: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2018
Lol... Probably a one guy in his room putting on boxers and a singlet.

Seriously, I am a web developer and do use we sometimes.
You know, sometimes you can hire fellow developers or a graphic designer to help with a web projects....Not wrong to use we, even if you are a freelancer.
Some clients too might not take you seriously when you use "I".
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by osobase01(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

you know, I didn't think abt this actually. but i am specifically looking at people who are web designers.

yea maybe but when you are in the real freelancing world some clients are very sensitive very very especially the US
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by osobase01(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2018
they check your history, feedback, ratings, your response rate, and your profile if it actually match your description if they notice any slight stuff they are nice and will message u but will tell u hey am not seeing Enuf of this and that.... so this do that...... and u may finally miss d job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Say Blogging Has Made You Live The Kind Of Life You Always Dreamed Of? / 5 SEO Factors You Should Monitor In 2019 / 8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name - NCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.