Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,849 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? (7948 Views)

Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services / Developers And Webmasters, How Do You Make Your Purchases Online? / Larger Market For Web Developers And Techies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2018
Does it even matter...check the young man's works jf you like it hire him, if you don't fcxk off...Who cares if he uses them or us.
Why not go to a creative agency and let them properly charge you 500k since tenses matter more to you.
Oh you feel threatened because an ordinary WordPress theme editor makes a million monthly and uses a Benz.
Well deal with it, 90% digital agencies will charge 500k And still use WordPress.

Even as a programmer if you have nor created your own cms...You still leaving on the stone age.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 03, 2018
MisterGrace:
grin Especially all these WordPress demo editors.
Idiots forming developers.

When I decided to go into content management systems, I opted for drupal, magento and Joomla.

I build any website, I will still be the manager. cheesy

It is very painful how these demo editors are spoiling business for some.

For us, we are a team...

7 people coding and programming all day and all year.
Weldone but don't hate while doing your thing.especially of you are in Nigeria where good programmers are less paid.
WordPress is a cms And over 90% creative agencies that call themselves team use it.elegant themes develop divi framework and their networth is now running into billions.unless you don't really know what WordPress is, a right thinking programmer who knows their onions should have their own WordPress framework by now, rather code unproductively for 1year why not make your income residual. You should build plugins and themes to sell and proof your worth as a programmer..show us your repository and let us applaud you.
Demo editor or not they are cashing in millions on Fiverr every month.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Codyt(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
wizzyboy21:

Now, see the kind mumu post that made it to front page. But i posted a very inspirational post about how to get your blog connected to adsense, it did not made it to front page. I sense some hormonal inbalance affecting those that moves posts to front page here.

Thats by the way, Just look at your statement "they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress." So do you mean that someone that uses wordpress cannot own a campany you must be very sick in the brain. They uses "we" bekos they know they are dreaming big becoming a company. And most contects and sections of a website demands the word "we" for it to sound mature.

[s]Ewu!!! Just accept the fact that you dont know how to use wordpress. And if you want to learn wordpress, i teach you wordpress for N50,000
I have developed powerful websites with wordpress, ecommerce, forums, paid membership sites, social media sites, soccer live score sites.
Aturu, i have made upto 4million using wordpress in 2yres and my forum adsense is bringing nothing less than 200k every month and the earnings is increasing daily. [/s]

So, what have you achieved with your coding Nonsense!!!!!!!!1

Aboki, imagine grammar:
i just makes me laugh a lot. Mr sabi
You were honestly making sense(despite your lexical improprieties, of course) before the bragging. For real, who the helll cares how much you've made or the number of jobs you undertook. Spewing balderdash on nairaland never gets old... Tiring

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by charlesu49(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lol... Noticed most web developers don't really master the programming languages and web technologies they use, they just learn what they need for a specific task. The short road. Where's the chance to become an adept there? You see them looking for free templates and sweating over a slight bug.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Offpoint: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
wizzyboy21:

Now, see the kind mumu post that made it to front page. But i posted a very inspirational post about how to get your blog connected to adsense, it did not made it to front page. I sense some hormonal inbalance affecting those that moves posts to front page here.

Thats by the way, Just look at your statement "they clearly don't own a company... and only use wordpress." So do you mean that someone that uses wordpress cannot own a campany you must be very sick in the brain. They uses "we" bekos they know they are dreaming big becoming a company. And most contects and sections of a website demands the word "we" for it to sound mature.

Ewu!!! Just accept the fact that you dont know how to use wordpress. And if you want to learn wordpress, i teach you wordpress for N50,000
I have developed powerful websites with wordpress, ecommerce, forums, paid membership sites, social media sites, soccer live score sites.
Aturu, i have made upto 4million using wordpress in 2yres and my forum adsense is bringing nothing less than 200k every month and the earnings is increasing daily.

So, what have you achieved with your coding Nonsense!!!!!!!!1

Aboki, imagine grammar:
i just makes me laugh a lot. Mr sabi
Don't mind the op, cuz they can script 2 lines of code they believe they're some sorta god.

a wise man once told me "the tools or ways you choose to execute a job doesn't matter, the end results matters"

what's the essence of spending a month scripting a site when I can get the same thing done with wordpress in less than 2 days?
once thing they don't know is most clients prefer a wordpress site, cause in a very short period of time they'll be able to understand the platform and make any updates on their own instead of seeking someone to do so and waste another money for what they could have done it themselves.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by dasauce(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

lol. olodo, how is this a hate thread?! the truth hurt you? oh! congratulations, you are a "we". you have 3 "staffs"... we hail you bro. how much do you pay em monthly?! or shey na per project?

Regardless of how much i pay my staff, in as much as we provide Professional Services and get possitive feedbacks you can go to hell..
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by dudebuck: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Dareal90s:
Most are team, some are good at frontend while some backend, once they work together so y can't he who u make contact with say we?
lies
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Offpoint:

Don't mind the op, cuz they can script 2 lines of code they believe they're some sorta god.

a wise man once told me "the tools or ways you choose to execute a job doesn't matter, the end results matters"

what's the essence of spending a month scripting a site when I can get the same thing done with wordpress in less than 2 days?
once thing they don't know is most clients prefer a wordpress site, cause in a very short period of time they'll be able to understand the platform and make any updates on their own instead of seeking someone to do so and waste another money for what they could have done it themselves.

fyi. that is a foolish man. Also, a real wordpress developer will take a while, if the job at hand is totally custom. 2 days hahahahah. y'all jokers.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
dasauce:

Regardless of how much i pay my staff, in as much as we provide Professional Services and get possitive feedbacks you can go to hell..

lol... you and me both.. sorry, just you.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
it is so interesting that people are defending wordpress so much. if you feel that it would get your work done fast. No problem. but will you develop?

If your target is quick cash... cool!

but to really do stuff, i feel you must look within yourself and ask yourself, "I am a developer"?

if that wordpress site goes down tomorrow (fyi, wordpress is open source, always being attacked and always needing update), can you fix it?

I know Nigerians hate the truth...

The truth is that most people, not all, use wordpress because it is easy. download a template, use plugins, finish! When you are told to add a feature that plugins can't handle, you get stuck. this is the truth!

Imagine developing a stock exchange platform that connects to the exchange api at NSE or something, can you comfortable say you can do it?!

it is not a crime to "not" know something, but don't defend nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by solid3(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
We have worked with Multinationals and expatriates.

We are a team of seasoned and onioned professionals.

We deliver great work and meet contractual deadlines like kilode.

Whereas, it's just one guy sitting in his father's house wearing boxer and singlet all day in front of one old rickety Acer laptop grin
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by doublewale: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
dasauce:

This is infact a hate thready he made up buddy. I think OP is salty about the guys using WordPress themes and calling themselves 'web developers'.

It's so bad he's using a typo as sort of a metric to like convince himself he's better:

telim:
Most of the web developers on this forum are Hungary developers with very little skill in web development.
There charges are very cheap but they endup spending huge amount of there meaning ful time on your project only to end up designing a shitty site.

roaringlamb01:

yh! "Hungary"... but it is the fault of whoever hires them, i think.

The sky is big enough for birds to fly

No one knows everything, not even the creator of JS.

Here's his website:http://tha247webguy.com/

his portfolio category indicator doesn't work.\

hitting one of his projects triggers a bootstrap modal with dummy text:

No validation in the contact form (where did the email "send" to?)

can't make something simple such as a menu from scratch, had to use a library

same thing with progress bars:

if you want something sensitive (such as your DOB gone) you should just remove it instead of commenting, It's the same mistake the LASG site made, this same mistake exposed apostle suleman and his 'actress' girl (I know this because... don't let me go any further grin):

you're even using a custom library just to scroll to the top of your page:

you should just concat your js files.

Lastly I suspect you're using a custom template. What's the difference between you and the 'wordpress theme downloaders' ?

1 Like

Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by Dareal90s(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
dudebuck:
lies
that's what u think, all because u don't knw about d job, am a programmer also nd I do use "US" coz its not possible u knw all programming languages. We need eachoda to make things happen.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by roaringlamb01(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
doublewale:

This is infact a hate thready he made up buddy. I think OP is salty about the guys using WordPress themes and calling themselves 'web developers'.

It's so bad he's using a typo as sort of a metric to like convince himself he's better:

The sky is big enough for birds to fly

No one knows everything, not even the creator of JS.

Here's his website:http://tha247webguy.com/

his portfolio category indicator doesn't work.\

hitting one of his projects triggers a bootstrap modal with dummy text:

No validation in the contact form (where did the email "send" to?)

can't make something simple such as a menu from scratch, had to use a library

same thing with progress bars:

if you want something sensitive (such as your DOB gone) you should just remove it instead of commenting, It's the same mistake the LASG site made, this same mistake exposed apostle suleman and his 'actress' girl (I know this because... don't let me go any further grin):

you're even using a custom library just to scroll to the top of your page:

you should just concat your js files.

Lastly I suspect you're using a custom template. What's the difference between you and the 'wordpress theme downloaders' ?

hahahahahhahaahhahahahahah... congratulations. you have made it in life... i wish i had ur time. i have been getting your all mails from that contact form. tis been years i used that site. but i don't need to explain to you. Learn from what I am talking about.

Finish.
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by doublewale: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
roaringlamb01:

hahahahahhahaahhahahahahah... congratulations. you have made it in life... i wish i had ur time. i have been getting your all mails from that contact form. tis been years i used that site. but i don't need to explain to you. Learn from what I am talking about.

Finish.

okay.

Take care
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by dudebuck: 11:13am On Jun 04, 2018
Dareal90s:
that's what u think, all because u don't knw about d job, am a programmer also nd I do use "US" coz its not possible u knw all programming languages. We need eachoda to make things happen.
Honesty is always the best policy
Re: What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? by adeptniyi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
Look at you? You think WordPress is nothing? The proficiency level in the use of WordPress is different. There are WordPress developers who can make just about anything out of WP. So don't make it sound as if its not relevant. If it powers roughly 42% of website on web and used by some notable companies, then it's worth enough attention.

And for the usually debated security issue about WP, it still all depends on your level of experience as a WP developer not someone who uses demo to make webs.

A WP developer will know how hackers go about hacking WP webs and will block those loopholes. One of those is the xml-rpc script, wp-admin files, bruteforce attacks, spam traffic, .htaccess attacks. If you know how to harden WP like a boss then you're worth a we or us.

In business, it's normal to use those words like we, us etc. They see themselves as startups or entrepreneurs that will grow to a full fledge company, they don't intend to be a freelancer forever. Some have trained others and working for them at some point. So using a we or us is not only professional for good brand portrayal it is also justifiable as a growing startup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Actual Cost For SEO Services In Nigeria / Is 'HTTPS' Restricted To Only Foreign Websites? / Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.