Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death (32986 Views)

I Stabbed Him To Death For Pressuring Me To Join Cult —suspect / Man's Girlfriend Raped & Stabbed Him. School Takes No Action After He Reported / Bilyamin Muhammed Bello & Maryam Sanda's Wedding Photos Before She Stabbed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by NdiaraIGBO: 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
coolh3ad:

Hmmm. I hear you Bros. But na the truth I talk oo. Talking from experience..........

Oya, tell us exactly what stopped you from leaving? Maybe then we can understand......
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Ogunleti01: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
AlanSugar:

Good point my brother. All those shouting "self defence" don't know what is meant by "stabbing with intent to kill"! If it was just one fatal wound, I'm sure her lawyer would advise her to claim she only swung the knife with her eyes closed in hopes that the victim would leave her alone and not knowing where the knife in question was aimed. But if it's multiple wounds, even two, she's in for it, deep! Self defence my foot, why didn't she quit before killing him? Is that ignorance an excuse to law? Let's just hope the judge would have mercy on her on compassion for the two-month old baby.
Awon ti Nwakipe Family. weird thinkers
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Oya, tell us exactly what stopped you from leaving? Maybe then we can understand......

Hahahahahahaha. Leaving where?. Not me oo. Dad and Mum. That's all I can say..I hope you get...**winks**
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Why the hell do women say this rubbish...en?

Why? Were they born together?

They say that "rubbish" because it's the truth....when you choose someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you have kids for that same person and everyone knows, you think it's sooooo easy to "leave" like that...It isn't Bros.....

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Ikemefuna44: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
It's a sad incident she could have work away from the marriage but she refuse if she have a strong lawyer she might win this case. Sometimes your emotions might lead you to an unknown destination I feel for her though
If you are not careful, your bad English will definitely lead you to an unknown destination....
Lolz!

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by jclassiq(m): 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
All of you supporting this "killer", if i personally Swear for you people, "Hot Engine oil" will be hungrying' all of you to drink. What is wrong with Nigerians? When did the punishment for domestic violence become 'death'? Someone killed a human being in cold blood and you people are trying to play 'the victim card' are you all okay!!! I will have been able to understand if it was a struggle and she pushed him then he fell down or hit his head and died but to pick up a knife and stab someone to death!! I am not buying this 'self defence' rubbish, if all the ladies experiencing domestic violence in Nigeria start to stab their husbands to death do you all know the amount of murder cases we will have. According to them the man was a 'useless' man and he wasn't contributing anything except 'beating' so why didn't she leave? angry

Sorry to say bro but you sounded so idiotic on that bolded part. Pray tell, is it absolutely necessary for Nigerian men to be violent to their wives Tell me something pls.

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Klinee: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
adinoyi360:
we are supporting her action,but based on the nature of her husband,she must have acted on self defence,,the children too have to be considered too.if she is jailed what happen to the 4month old baby?
What is self defense?
The general rule is the force you use to
protect yourself must be equal to the degree
of imminent threat. Therefore, stabbing a
person who wants to slap you is not self –
defense or shooting a person who wants to
punch you except you can prove that the
punch would have killed you.
Kids has nothing to do with your jail term, they can be handed over to orphanage home or an immediate family can take care of them while the woman face her punishment.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Anextin(f): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
All of you supporting this "killer", if i personally Swear for you people, "Hot Engine oil" will be hungrying' all of you to drink. What is wrong with Nigerians? When did the punishment for domestic violence become 'death'? Someone killed a human being in cold blood and you people are trying to play 'the victim card' are you all okay!!! I will have been able to understand if it was a struggle and she pushed him then he fell down or hit his head and died but to pick up a knife and stab someone to death!! I am not buying this 'self defence' rubbish, if all the ladies experiencing domestic violence in Nigeria start to stab their husbands to death do you all know the amount of murder cases we will have. According to them the man was a 'useless' man and he wasn't contributing anything except 'beating' so why didn't she leave? angry

You think it's easy to walk away abi, people with money , education and influence find it hard to leave let alone a poor woman in the middle of nowhere. What she did Is called self defence not murder. Read well.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by soberdrunk(m): 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
jclassiq:

Sorry to say bro but you sounded so idiotic on that bolded part. Pray tell, is it absolutely necessary for Nigerian men to be violent to their wives Tell me something pls.

If you cannot comprehend just look at pictures and move on, no need to disgrace your "Yard" people........... angry
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by soberdrunk(m): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
Anextin:

You think it's easy to walk away abi, people with money , education and influence find it hard to leave let alone a poor woman in the middle of nowhere. What she did Is called self defence not murder. Read well.

If you cannot fully comprehend someone's opinion you can just ignore it........
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by ridbell01(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
if a man beat a woman for the first time the second time plss seek for divorce cos is either you kill him or he kill the woman

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by GrammarCheck: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:

She left and returned

Stockholm's Syndrome

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by chronique(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
Most of you shouting "self defence" and how she would be set free, need to get enlightened about what constitutes self defence and where self defence can be applied. The fact that she was being beaten previously by the man, or that she was a victim of domestic violence in the past, doesn't mean she'd automatically be set free on the basis of self defence.

Before a murder case can be proven to be due to self defence, the court would have to identify several issues which includes the following:

1. The doors of the apartment were locked. Who locked it up?
2. The weapon she killed him with was a knife; who brought the knife out?
3. Where did the altercation take place? Bedroom, parlor or kitchen? If not kitchen, how did the knife find its way to the bedroom or parlour? Was she cooking with the knife prior to when the altercation started? If yes, did the police find anything to support that argument at the crime scene?
4. Did she call out for help before she "accidentally killed" him?
5. Was he armed when she stabbed him and did he immediately pose a threat to her life at that point with whatever he was armed with?
6. How did she manage to stab him on the neck and not other parts of the body since it wasn't with the intent to kill?
7. How deep was the cut? The autopsy report would shed light to how he was killed.
All these and many more.

My advice to everyone reading this is to learn how to get away from situations that could lead to grave consequences. Self defence isn't very easy to prove in court. Nobody should think he or she will get away with claiming self defence tomorrow after killing someone else. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by GrammarCheck: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
AlanSugar:

Good point my brother. All those shouting "self defence" don't know what is meant by "stabbing with intent to kill"! If it was just one fatal wound, I'm sure her lawyer would advise her to claim she only swung the knife with her eyes closed in hopes that the victim would leave her alone and not knowing where the knife in question was aimed. But if it's multiple wounds, even two, she's in for it, deep! Self defence my foot, why didn't she quit before killing him? Is that ignorance an excuse to law? Let's just hope the judge would have mercy on her on compassion for the two-month old baby.

You have never heard of temporary insanity plea? If she has a good lawyer, she will walk away

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by NdiaraIGBO: 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
coolh3ad:

They say that "rubbish" because it's the truth....when you choose someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you have kids for that same person and everyone knows, you think it's sooooo easy to "leave" like that...It isn't Bros.....

Then stop complaining. ..and quietly take the beating while spending the rest of your life with him. Nonsense. That's why every woman should have a job, a source of livelihood.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by ChiefSweetus: 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
Sounds like they want to spin a story to help extricate this woman from this murder/manslaughter.
At the expense of the late husband.
Okay.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by RooneyAdmission(m): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
andyanders:
Even the police would want to bed her in pretence that they want to help her.
out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. You need therapy
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by doctokwus: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
This blogger cum wannabe journalist is an i diot.
So he is trying to justify murder?
There are so many illiterates claiming educated in Nigeria that u wonder where they came from.
So a man beating his wife now justifies she murdering him?Why did she not walk out,why did she not report the series of abuses to the police so they can caution him,put him under close scrutiny or even detain him?
So because someone is maltreating you,u now take a life you didn't create? Idio ts everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by jadyclem(m): 1:26am On Jun 02, 2018
DaBullIT:
I wonder if court would take that to account cos nobody will testify on her behalf

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I understand your anger , but Hot oil will be hungrying them haba why ??

When the news broke , she was alleged to have took up the knife to defend herself from an ongoing abuse and mistakingly stabbed his neck , along the village of Jugular vein

As stated earlier those who are saying they will support and stand as her witness are playing with her emotions, People don't do that in Nigeria , they simply come up with excuses or vanish when the time comes , However doesn't matter if she presents Jesus as healthy witness in court

She is going to jail for Man slaughtering instead of Capital one murder

them they stab neck by mistake? see analogy! if to say na d man stab d woman before, e for no be mistake, as na the other way now, na mistake?
Dem testify say d man used to beat the woman black and blue, on the said date d man was stabbed mistakenly like you said, was the woman looking black and blue in the pictures you saw?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by akbahbah(m): 2:30am On Jun 02, 2018
It's indeed a sorry case for her. I really pity her but even if at last she wins the case n go Scot free, what will she tell the kids when they grow and ask about their dad? I stabbed your dad to death!!! Or how will she say it.. omg

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by AguyiD3rd: 3:00am On Jun 02, 2018
andyanders:
Let people rally round to get justice for her and the children. Women advocates should help her out and moderator,help move this to front page. I believe she reacted in self defence.
you have the gutter guts to transmit this trash because the man involved is not your brother, or friend right?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by AguyiD3rd: 3:09am On Jun 02, 2018
chronique:
Most of you shouting "self defence" and how she would be set free, need to get enlightened about what constitutes self defence and where self defence can be applied. The fact that she was being beaten previously by the man, or that she was a victim of domestic violence in the past, doesn't mean she'd automatically be set free on the basis of self defence.

Before a murder case can be proven to be due to self defence, the court would have to identify several issues which includes the following: Don't mind them... As if it's not human life that we are talking here. Self defense my black ass!!

1. The doors of the apartment were locked. Who locked it up?
2. The weapon she killed him with was a knife; who brought the knife out?
3. Where did the altercation take place? Bedroom, parlor or kitchen? If not kitchen, how did the knife find its way to the bedroom or parlour? Was she cooking with the knife prior to when the altercation started? If yes, did the police find anything to support that argument at the crime scene?
4. Did she call out for help before she "accidentally killed" him?
5. Was he armed when she stabbed him and did he immediately pose a threat to her life at that point with whatever he was armed with?
6. How did she manage to stab him on the neck and not other parts of the body since it wasn't with the intent to kill?
7. How deep was the cut? The autopsy report would shed light to how he was killed.
All these and many more.

My advice to everyone reading this is to learn how to get away from situations that could lead to grave consequences. Self defence isn't very easy to prove in court. Nobody should think he or she will get away with claiming self defence tomorrow after killing someone else. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Mouthgag: 3:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
It's a sad incident she could have work away from the marriage but she refuse if she have a strong lawyer she might win this case. Sometimes your emotions might lead you to an unknown destination I feel for her though
She can't win no shìt
Forget the stupìd drama of "how to get away with murder"
Love no be by force, she should have indeed worked away.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Mouthgag: 3:54am On Jun 02, 2018
candy:
Yes, she should have run...
She should have reported him earlier...
I bet she never expected it to get to this, but it did and I'm sure there is room for self defence in the laws of the land.

I hope a women's right/human right organisation comes to this lady's aid asap. Trust naija police, even if the late husband wakes up to admit she stabbed him in self defence, police will not let her go unless they are HEAVILY bribed!

Let well meaning Nigerians, lawyers and Activist groups come all out to help this young woman.

Shut up
I pray she dies in jail

You'd say the same if it was your brother she killed abi?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Mouthgag: 3:55am On Jun 02, 2018
delpee:
I can't help crying! cry cry

Almighty God, please intervene on this lady's behalf. She doesn't deserve to suffer anymore. She shouldn't be made to go to jail. I know she should have walked away but I recently came to appreciate that it's not always as easy as we all want to believe. Father please do the impossible for her to glorify your name. Amen.

People need to be enlightened to know where they can find succour so that they're not afraid to quit when the going gets unbearably tough. Most of those badly affected are poor and helpless. Clerics and family usually advice that they stay instead of supporting them to find their feet. Social welfare facilities in this regard should be visible and easily approachable for people.
The way some people think senselessly ehn

I pray that killer dies in jail.

You'd wish for the same thing if it was your brother she killed abi?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by eniorisha(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2018
Hope they'll say d same thing if it happens d other way round? Do wife not abuse & frustrate their husband too? Who'll come to d defence of d husband who kill accidentally in a manner similar to hers?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2018
Her matter go hard oooo. Can we get good nigerins to yakebher on bail free while we defend her FOC considering her situation?

If yes, please reach out privately lets arrange how to take up her case .

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by koning: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
Sounds like they want to spin a story to help extricate this woman from this murder/manslaughter.
At the expense of the late husband.
Okay.

Exactly. Was the husband carrying a knife during the beating?. Why should the wife go for a knife.

A decent, well bred and submissive wife would NOT even think of a knife. She wanted to play the tough, street girl.

Good girls would simply run away during the beatings.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by DaBullIT(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2018
You are taking this too personal, it's not like i am on the woman's side or something

I saw the incident's video like 10 mins after it happened , the husband was still bleeding and people were trying to rescue him . That day or that period it looked as if she was genuinely battered , but who am i to judge ?? not fighing just saying

jadyclem:

them they stab neck by mistake? see analogy! if to say na d man stab d woman before, e for no be mistake, as na the other way now, na mistake?
Dem testify say d man used to beat the woman black and blue, on the said date d man was stabbed mistakenly like you said, was the woman looking black and blue in the pictures you saw?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by sammirano: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:

It's not about winning, cases of self defense are kindof technical, such as incidentally, not by shooting someone six times or stabbing someone continously, that's manslauter.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by dinachi(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2018
delpee:
I can't help crying! cry cry

Almighty God, please intervene on this lady's behalf. She doesn't deserve to suffer anymore. She shouldn't be made to go to jail. I know she should have walked away but I recently came to appreciate that it's not always as easy as we all want to believe. Father please do the impossible for her to glorify your name. Amen.

People need to be enlightened to know where they can find succour so that they're not afraid to quit when the going gets unbearably tough. Most of those badly affected are poor and helpless. Clerics and family usually advice that they stay instead of supporting them to find their feet. Social welfare facilities in this regard should be visible and easily approachable for people.
In all these did the man kill her or take her life? Why would she take the life of someone she could not bring back! Get it into your thick skull, you cannot take life that you did not create. She had all the opportunity to walk away!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Allegedly Beaten To Death By Her Husband On Xmas Day. Photos / Photo Of Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Members Escaping From Yobe / Roommate Of Man Accused Of Dating Lagos Teenager Stabbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.