Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death (32984 Views)

I Stabbed Him To Death For Pressuring Me To Join Cult —suspect / Man's Girlfriend Raped & Stabbed Him. School Takes No Action After He Reported / Bilyamin Muhammed Bello & Maryam Sanda's Wedding Photos Before She Stabbed Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
It's a sad incident she could have work away from the marriage but she refuse if she have a strong lawyer she might win this case. Sometimes your emotions might lead you to an unknown destination I feel for her though

It's not so easy to walk away from the marriage.....

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
candy:
Yes, she should have run...
She should have reported him earlier...
I bet she never expected it to get to this, but it did and I'm sure there is room for self defence in the laws of the land.

I hope a women's right/human right organisation comes to this lady's aid asap. Trust naija police, even if the late husband wakes up to admit she stabbed him in self defence, police will not let her go unless they are HEAVILY bribed!

Let well meaning Nigerians, lawyers and Activist groups come all out to help this young woman.

It's not so easy to run.
She got kids for him.
Talking from experience sha. It's not that easy.....

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by southernbelle(f): 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
God help her, this is Nigeria. Unless she gets the support of very influential people, she may still serve jail term especially for the fact that she is just an ordinary struggling citizen.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
All of you supporting this "killer", if i personally Swear for you people, "Hot Engine oil" will be hungrying' all of you to drink. What is wrong with Nigerians? When did the punishment for domestic violence become 'death'? Someone killed a human being in cold blood and you people are trying to play 'the victim card' are you all okay!!! I will have been able to understand if it was a struggle and she pushed him then he fell down or hit his head and died but to pick up a knife and stab someone to death!! I am not buying this 'self defence' rubbish........... angry

Lol. He never do you before. Where you got to choose between your life and the attacker's life...

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ruthluv4:
y didn't she leave this marriage, it would hv done her some good

It's no so easy as you think. She's got kids for him....

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Jabioro: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
She is a rising star,she would have numrous witness,finacial,legal and nursing support.I have a very strong believe she would be aquited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
coolh3ad:

It's not so easy to run.
She got kids for him.
Talking from experience sha. It's not that easy.....
I know it's not so easy to run...just said it because of people blaming her for staying with him.
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by soberdrunk(m): 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
coolh3ad:

Lol. He never do you before. Where you got to choose between your life and the attacker's life...

Bros forget that thing, which attacker? Isn't it what she is telling us, were we there? These women can be dangerously impulsive..... angry

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
candy:

I know it's not so easy to run...just said it because of people blaming her for staying with him.

Yea. I understand...
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by coolh3ad(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:

Bros forget that thing, which attacker? Isn't it what she is telling us, were we there? These women can be dangerously impulsive..... angry

Hmmm. I hear you Bros. But na the truth I talk oo. Talking from experience..........

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by iswallker(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
There re two sides to a story folks...

Even when ure alive people tell terrible tales about u

kiss
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by zynzyn(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
Any man that consistently beats his wife is JUST A BIG IDIOT!!
Woman have violence in their blood too!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by SIRKAY98(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nwa wao...
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Kwenty: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
If she has left the useless wife beater alone, she would have escaped this temptation.
She has been the bread winner after all and could have survived without him. I don't know why women always chose to destroy their lives over marriage.
When a marriage is not working and you have done your best for it to work, yet no way; better package yourself and walk away than story that touches the heart like this.
God forgive the poor orphan for her mistake and let her be free to take care of her tender kids.
For all the wife beaters; every day is for the thief but one day is for..........you know the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Sterope(f): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Don't blame the victim.

It takes a bastsrd child not to understand that his mum was so brave to save herself and them from a monster.

tokrizy:
even if she is set free she won't 4get d fact that she took her husband's life..she fvcked up..sometimes u jst avoid somethings..LIFE IS A GREAT TEACHER....let's see hw it goes..what if she us set free tomoro and her childern want to knw what happened to their dad..i pity her sha..

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by AlanSugar(m): 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
All of you supporting this "killer", if i personally Swear for you people, "Hot Engine oil" will be hungrying' all of you to drink. What is wrong with Nigerians? When did the punishment for domestic violence become 'death'? Someone killed a human being in cold blood and you people are trying to play 'the victim card' are you all okay!!! I will have been able to understand if it was a struggle and she pushed him then he fell down or hit his head and died but to pick up a knife and stab someone to death!! I am not buying this 'self defence' rubbish, if all the ladies experiencing domestic violence in Nigeria start to stab their husbands to death do you all know the amount of murder cases we will have. According to them the man was a 'useless' man and he wasn't contributing anything except 'beating' so why didn't she leave? angry

Good point my brother. All those shouting "self defence" don't know what is meant by "stabbing with intent to kill"! If it was just one fatal wound, I'm sure her lawyer would advise her to claim she only swung the knife with her eyes closed in hopes that the victim would leave her alone and not knowing where the knife in question was aimed. But if it's multiple wounds, even two, she's in for it, deep! Self defence my foot, why didn't she quit before killing him? Is that ignorance an excuse to law? Let's just hope the judge would have mercy on her on compassion for the two-month old baby.

3 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Desdola(m): 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
This is no case to justify her action. There is always an option to walk away from an abusive relationship. The law should take its course
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Sterope(f): 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
It is cold blood when it is premeditated. If that was what happened, we will be happy to see her spend the rest of her life in jail. If she acted in self defense, serves the useless husband right

soberdrunk:
All of you supporting this "killer", if i personally Swear for you people, "Hot Engine oil" will be hungrying' all of you to drink. What is wrong with Nigerians? When did the punishment for domestic violence become 'death'? Someone killed a human being in cold blood and you people are trying to play 'the victim card' are you all okay!!! I will have been able to understand if it was a struggle and she pushed him then he fell down or hit his head and died but to pick up a knife and stab someone to death!! I am not buying this 'self defence' rubbish, if all the ladies experiencing domestic violence in Nigeria start to stab their husbands to death do you all know the amount of murder cases we will have. According to them the man was a 'useless' man and he wasn't contributing anything except 'beating' so why didn't she leave? angry

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by ipobarecriminals: 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
sad if only she listened to her parents warning. yes! I believe they warned her but the spirit of deaf /Dumb Don block her ears Dat she nor gree listen. The best bet is to serve 4/5 yrs jail term/if her hubby family reason well and discontinue with dis. ,if only d second option can save her,Pity!

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by AlanSugar(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
tokrizy:
even if she is set free she won't 4get d fact that she took her husband's life..she fvcked up..sometimes u jst avoid somethings..LIFE IS A GREAT TEACHER....let's see hw it goes..what if she us set free tomoro and her childern want to knw what happened to their dad..i pity her sha..

Hmm, so if she's jailed the children will never ask what happened to their father? Iranu!

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
CRIME WRITER VIEW

A CASE OF SELF DEFENCE FOR THE TRUE VICTIM "THE WIFE"

EVIDENCE

WITNESSES
There are evidence as a form of witnesses who can testify to the alleged abuses suffered at the hand of the deceased severally if any lawyer should take up the matter this should be one of the few credible evidence to her claims.

NO MOTIVE
any murder has three motives for its cause normally it is either revenge ,sex or money I fail to see this woman having any whatsoever , she has been in this abusive relationship for a long time enduring the traumatic and emotional disorderliness caused by the deceased , he lacks money so money is it not the motive its neither sex because they are married and definitely not revenge ,I dont believe she wanted to kill him it serves her no use CLEARLY.

STAB WOUND

From all indications as i earlier suspected this was a single stab to the neck unfortunately major arteries such as the jugular if severed or punctured can lead to death within minutes due to lost of blood to the brain , a little seizure and that's all the deceased stays down now if this was murder we will be looking at a lot of stab wounds all over the body multiple stab wounds and another thing to corroborate this is the where the stab wound is located which I stated before ,its a difficult place and unusual if I want to stab someone to death the most notable places is either to slit the throat or give multiple stabs to the chest or both not the side of the neck meaning this could be as a result of a struggle between both as she explained.

AUTOPSY REPORT

An autopsy should be carried out immediately on the body the pressure and depth of the stabs should help tell the manner he was stabbed and the presence of self defence wounds can also turn things around , her claim of a struggle between both can be collaborated here too , the murder weapon should be looked at and examined also .

IF ALL THIS CAN COLLABORATE HER STORY THEN SHE HAS A GOOD CASE IN THE COURT OF LAW ,MY PRAYER IS FOR TRUE JUSTICE TO TAKE IT'S FULL COURSE.

Thanks for reading again check my earlier review of this news if you want to.

email for real life cases , I am a crime writer and analyst
rchrdadrian@gmail.com.

thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by asawanathegreat(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2018
Pathetic story indeed
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by gassbee: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
leave n go to where, will u pay for her accommodation,

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by phatnpretty(f): 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
no one forced her to remain in such marriage. she brought this upon herself. some people should know when to quit abusive relationship to avoid stories. He continued beating her but never killed her, why kill him then? She committed murder shikena, no one forced her to stay. Thou shall not kill.

2 Likes

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Klinee: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
candy:
Yes, she should have run...
She should have reported him earlier...
I bet she never expected it to get to this, but it did and I'm sure there is room for self defence in the laws of the land.

I hope a women's right/human right organisation comes to this lady's aid asap. Trust naija police, even if the late husband wakes up to admit she stabbed him in self defence, police will not let her go unless they are HEAVILY bribed!

Let well meaning Nigerians, lawyers and Activist groups come all out to help this young woman.

God help us for this world! so women group should come rescue a murderer? Activist should come rescue a killer?
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by robotix: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
It's a sad incident she could have work away from the marriage but she refuse if she have a strong lawyer she might win this case. Sometimes your emotions might lead you to an unknown destination I feel for her though
it was self defense dazzall
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by NdiaraIGBO: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2018
delpee:
I can't help crying! cry cry

Almighty God, please intervene on this lady's behalf. She doesn't deserve to suffer anymore. She shouldn't be made to go to jail. I know she should have walked away but I recently came to appreciate that it's not always as easy as we all want to believe. Father please do the impossible for her to glorify your name. Amen.

People need to be enlightened to know where they can find succour so that they're not afraid to quit when the going gets unbearably tough. Most of those badly affected are poor and helpless. Clerics and family usually advice that they stay instead of supporting them to find their feet. Social welfare facilities in this regard should be visible and easily approachable for people.

Father? Which father en? Abeg carry food and toiletries go give the woman for detention.

Also, when will poor people learn that the consequences of sex is far too expensive for them? The pathetic poor mofos will be agitating upanddan for sex like say they can afford it.

Useless people! Maybe some idiattttt told her Father! will feed and clothe her children.

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Mimee803: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ikorodu again!! angry
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Ogunleti01: 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Journalist, Azuka Jebrose seems to have taken so much interest in the case of Mrs Olamide Bose Akinbobola, the teacher who stabbed her husband to death in Ikorodu.

He has given updates on the situation and neighbours around the couple's abode have testified to how the woman was always battered by her late husband.

According to Jebrose, his close associates went to the compound of the woman today and what they gathered is quite appalling.

According to Azuka, the neighbors told stories of how the deceased was a lazy man who never wanted to work.

The wife gave birth to their last child two months ago and was forced to bear the financial burden. The teacher had to take up side businesses such as home teaching, hawking of peanuts, braiding of hair and others to feed herself and her family.

Yet, the unemployed husband still comes home to beat her.

Read what Azuka wrote on his Facebook page:

This morning, Mrs. Jennifer Chioma Owolabi, a partner in this quest for Justice for Domestic violence victim, Mrs. Olamide Bose Akinbobola, went to her residence in Ikorodu, seeking her family and additional information. What she found was a tale of misery, a support group of friends unafraid to testify on behalf of this lady that accidentally fatally stabbed her husband midweek.

From the two videos posted herein, watch and listen to their stories as witnesses to how the late husband horribly abused, enslaved and neglected his wife and children.

Their last child was born two months ago, she recently finished paying the hospital bills for the birth of the baby. According to these witnesses which included her employer, Olamide’s husband was lazy, always sleeping, unable to seek employment.

Despite her teacher's job, she also engaged in small businesses such as after-school tutorials for neighborhood children, hawking of roasted peanuts and hair braiding for additional income to sustain the family. In hard moments,she would approach her neighbors to loan her few change to survive the week with her family.

The witnesses demonstrated how and where Olamide had been bruised from beatings and violent assaults by her husband.

“Sometimes we see her with lacerations, swollen bodies, scarred face and black eyes and when we asked her, she would lie to us that she fell and got bruised. But we knew the truth. We saw him severally abused her physically. She ran away while she was pregnant but recently returned to birth her new baby.

She wanted him to be a part of their second child birthing experience, as her husband and father. But he didnt give a damn. She doesn’t deserve this. She is a kind hard working woman that cared for her husband and their children. He brought nothing to support the home. She was always engaged in small business hustles and would surrender whatever profits she made to him as head of household.”

Chioma’s finding included the shock and awe state of the family’s residence. Olamide’s mother was a single mother. She died years ago

Chioma narrates:

“The husband was so abusive that the family of the husband doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. They seem not interested in this matter.My understanding from family and friends in her neighborhood was his family did not want to be part his violence against his wife: according to them, he always beat her. Olamide and her husband and children initially lived with husband’s family but when he would not stop beating her, the family threw them out. I spoke to Olamide’s aunt.

She said she has not visited her at the police station because she is afraid of being arrested. I told her it was wrong not to have gone to check on her or take food to her. She has nobody….She doesn't know her dad; the aunt assumes he lives in Ibadan. What is painful is that this young girl just gave birth two months ago..

The new baby was recently circumcised. Everybody I spoke to confirmed she was being physically and mentally abused by the bastard. You need to see where they live; oh my God”

https://lailasnews.com/neighbors-recount-how-late-husband-maltreated-wife-who-killed-him/

lalasticlala
Person wey get cap no get head and the person wey him head dey kakaraka no get cap to put untop am. life could be very unfair atimes
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by NdiaraIGBO: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2018
coolh3ad:

It's not so easy to walk away from the marriage.....

Why the hell do women say this rubbish...en?

Why? Were they born together?
Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by adinoyi360: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
soberdrunk:
we are supporting her action,but based on the nature of her husband,she must have acted on self defence,,the children too have to be considered too.if she is jailed what happen to the 4month old baby?

1 Like

Re: Neighbors Recount How Late Husband Maltreated Wife Who Stabbed Him To Death by Ogunleti01: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Sterope:
It is cold blood when it is premeditated. If that was what happened, we will be happy to see her spend the rest of her life in jail. If she acted in self defense, serves the useless husband right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect / Bar Owner Stabbed To Death In Ikeja By His Boys / Soldiers Kill Pupil, Injure Others While Rescuing Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.