Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan (4512 Views)

Bandits Attack Zamfara Mosque During Juma'at Prayer Abduct Scores Of Worshippers / Pakistan: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan / Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
A Pakistani judge has sentenced a man to be executed after he was expelled 17 times from 6 different mosques for excessive farting during the period of the Ramadan reports the Islamabad Herald this week.
The Ramadan is the most important religious festival for Muslims and the judge declared that he had indisposed people of the faith and even caused 53 people at one time to leave the mosque during a prayer, a “blasphemous act” which should be punished “according to Allah’s will.”
The judge was lenient, have admitted many experts in the region, as he gave the convicted man the choice of being beheaded or stoned to death.
“The law is clear, he should be stoned to death, beheading is a very light sentence and saves him from any suffering,” protested the government prosecutor.
Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) Syed Anees Shah told reporters the accused got a “very light sentence” for the crime of blasphemy.
Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) Syed Anees Shah told reporters the accused got a “very light sentence” for the crime of blasphemy.
A rare medical condition
Muhammad Al-Wahabi, 33, suffers from chronic flatulence, “a rare medical condition” he argued in his self-defense, as no lawyer would take his case.
“No lawyer is crazy enough to bet his career on this issue. If his client his condemned, as in this case, the lawyer would face prosecution and possibly the same faith as his client” admits legal expert Andrew Jones, a Middle Eastern law expert.
Al-Wahabi did not contest the judgment and even said the judgment was fair and that he hoped Allah would be gracious enough to pardon his blasphemous actions.
Al-Wahabi also admitted that he put a tampon in his rectum several times in a desperate attempt to mask the noise and odor.
“A disgraceful and insidious act” the judge declared, visibly disgusted.
“Muslims are not allowed to insert any objects inside their anus, not even a finger, it is forbidden by the Koran,” said the judge.
“As a judge, I must set an example for other Muslims. This is clearly unacceptable under Shariah law,” he concluded.
Al-Wahabi admitted to the judge he had failed his God, his religion, and his people and was terribly sorry for what he had done, and asked for his two wives and seven children’s mercy in court and thanked the judge for his verdict.

http://scannewsnigeria.com/foreign/pakistan-man-sentenced-to-death-for-farting-in-mosque-during-ramadan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by HungerBAD: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
You gotta just love Islam.

So the prosecutor was not happy the farter was about to be beheaded and insisted on stoning?the only part missing in the story is where in the Quran it states somebody that farts in the mosque should die.

I try as much as possible not to discuss religion here,but the more I know about the Islamic faith, and their extreme views about petty things. The more I get scared of them.

In a Church, Christian's would have laughed over a man always farting. I am sure it did not occur to the Judge or the prosecution seeking stone-to-death, that the man might have some medical issues that makes him have no control over his bowel and farting control.

Lastly,and this goes to all the Islamic faithfuls on Nairaland. Is there anywhere in the Quran that states FORGIVENESS?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
I find it funny.. So I decided to share with you guys..
Lmao...
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Nukilia: 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2018
Religion of peace lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Anigreat: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
shocked

Tell me this story is not true!

which religion does that?

Answering nature call is now a taboo in Islam?
Something that was not deliberate, even if it was deliberate.

Islam has no place in civilized society.

Religion of peace indeed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Islam belongs to the past

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by sirBLUNT: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
religion the opium of the masses and we're so drunk in it...

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Just because of farting ?
I have said this several times, you can't be sane and be a headslammer.

6 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Just because of farting ?

I have said this several times, you can't be sane and be a headslammer.

Modified::
Some terrorists are denying this news while some are justifying it using themselves as example.

Confusion in the enemies camp.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by yomi96(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
Muslim is so backward. and should be banned,
like Angola and rest. how will you sentence a human being to death cause of farthing?
Human life doesn't mean much to them.
spits

every Muslim is a potential terrorist and every terrorist is a Muslim.

7 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Toro2015(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
@ lalasticlala.. Let the religion of peace see this.. Lmao.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
Some of the elements in this story are not compatible with AMP. To view the complete story, please click here
Another set of news organisations have fallen for a piece of satire claiming a Pakistani man was sentenced to death due to farting in mosques during Ramzan.Another set of news organisations have fallen for a piece of satire claiming a Pakistani man was sentenced to death due to farting in mosques during Ramzan.
India
Hoax Alert: Pak Man Sentenced to Death for Farting Was Satire
By Pratik Sinha, Alt News
July 03, 2017 at 09:53 PM IST
It is one thing for Twitter trolls to use posts from satirical websites for political propaganda. However, for mainstream media outlets to promote satire as news is quite disturbing. It shows how in some organisations, the process of news-making lacks due diligence.

Some time ago, Hindi TV channel Aajtak had published a fake fatwa about men being allowed to eat their wives if they are extremely hungry. Pune Mirror had published the same fake fatwa in their newspaper. It turned out to be a sarcastic column written by a satirist Moroccan blogger called Israfel al-Maghribi.

On 2 July, yet another set of news organisations have fallen for a piece of satire claiming a Pakistani man was sentenced to death due to farting in a mosque during Ramzan.

This satirical post was published by a website called World News Daily Report. The website carries a disclaimer at the bottom of every page on its website stating that the nature of their content is entirely fictional.

The disclaimer states, “World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.”

The statement about their content being fictional is also present on their disclaimer page. The photo used in the World News Daily Report article is that of one Behnam Yaali who’s been accused of murdering his former girlfriend in Canada.

Despite the disclaimer, many on social media believed this report to be true and at the time of writing, this post had been shared/liked over 102,000 times on Facebook. People usually don’t scroll down to the bottom of the website and almost never visit the disclaimer page.
A satirical post should ideally state that the content is fictional immediately after the main text of the article and not at the very bottom of the website. However, for the sake of traffic and the resulting money from advertisement clicks, many satirical websites often push the disclaimer to places where people are not likely to notice.

Recently, even Shashi Tharoor had fallen prey to a new report from this website and had tweeted about it. Upon being informed about his error, he deleted the tweet, albeit without an apology.

Now, one mainstream vernacular newspaper, Sandesh, and an online news portal called OneIndia have fallen for this. Sandesh has the second largest circulation in Gujarati Newspapers in Gujarat. They translated the report from World News Daily Report and published it on the 12th page of the newspaper on Sunday on 2 July. OneIndia translated the news report into Hindi and published it on their online portal.

India.com, Bengali website Sangbad Pratidin and Samacharnama.com are few of the other websites which published this story as factual. Many in the right-wing Twitter ecosystem also fell for this and propagated it via their Twitter timelines (1, 2 & 3). Both Rishi Bagree and Gaurav Pradhan are followed by PM Modi by Twitter.

While it is the business of many Twitter trolls to promote hatred, let’s hope that the mainstream media websites in India stop falling for satirical websites. And if and when they do, they’ll be named and shamed for it.

(This story was first published in Alt News.)

(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to TheQuint.com/WhatsApp and hit the Subscribe button.)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thequint.com/amp/story/news%252Findia%252Ffake-pakistan-man-sentenced-to-death-for-farting

Liars everywhere

Lalasticala mynd44

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
[s]
HungerBAD:

So the prosecutor was not happy the farter was about to be beheaded and insisted on stoning?the only part missing in the story is where in the Quran it states somebody that farts in the mosque should die.

I try as much as possible not to discuss religion here,but the more I know about the Islamic faith, and their extreme views about petty things. The more I get scared of them.

In a Church, Christian's would have laughed over a man always farting. I am sure it did not occur to the Judge or the prosecution seeking stone-to-death, that the man might have some medical issues that makes him have no control over his bowel and farting control.

Lastly,and this goes to all the Islamic faithfuls on Nairaland. Is there anywhere in the Quran that states FORGIVENESS?
[/s]

Sad someone supposedly intelligent will believe such a news in the first place. I am disappointed but not surprised that you can fall for such rubbish, most of you are just plain ignorant and have vowed to remained ignorant. If ever you muster the courage to read the Qur'an not the selected passages bigots and ignoramus shove down your throat just maybe you may corrageous enough to see the many teachings that your lack of courage prevents you from seeing. I am certain if the news was that Tinubu executes a man for farting you will doubt the story but your brain shuts down immediately Muslims are involved. When one see the sort of lies Christians in the US churn about Obama, it is hardly surprising that even educated Christians like yourself can hardly think beyond what you have been programmed to think.

4 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by evy4ch(m): 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
Islam and its claim of teaching the way of life,while ironicaly is the taminator of innocent lives.why the so aclaimed learned judge failed to know and understsnd that nature can not be cheated.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by lalanice(f): 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
If I was a Muslim this woulda been my cue to change religion cry

3 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by naijaking1: 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
Can't wait for them to start doing same to farters in Kano

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Sad someone supposedly intelligent will believe such a news in the first place. I am disappointed but not surprised that you can fall for such rubbish, most of you are just plain ignorant and have vowed to remained ignorant. If ever you muster the courage to read the Qur'an not the selected passages bigots and ignoramus shove down your throat just maybe you may corrageous enough to see the many teachings that your lack of courage prevents you from seeing. I am certain if the news was that Tinubu executes a man for farting you will doubt the story but your brain shuts down immediately Muslims are involved. When one see the sort of lies Christians in the US churn about Obama, it is hardly surprising that even educated Christians like yourself can hardly think beyond what you have been programmed to think.
So what's your point?
Let me help you, was the man sentenced to death for farthing or not according to Islamic dictates?

3 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by BabaRamota1980: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
HungerBAD:

Listen, okay so muslims are expected to perform ablution before sitting to pray or even entering the mosque. Its a requisite. By so doing you are in state of physical purity. You can become impure by certain acts that break the ablution, one of them is flatulence (Iso).

So what do you do when your state of purity is broken?

You simply vacate prayer and do another ablution then return in a new state of purity to continue prayer.

So other day i did ablution and began prayer, this was at home mind you.....so i farted. I stopped the prayer and went back and did an ablution. I was just starting prayer again and farted. I went back and did another ablution. I came out and before i stepped on mat i farted.

I abandoned the prayer altogether. It was caused by too much intake of gaseous food, plus in time of ramadhan stomach acid is not balanced because the body is going through detoxification and is prone to reject food and substances hard on the stomach.

When it was time for night prayer my stomach gas had eased. I did my ablution, performed the evening prayer that i missed and then did my night prayer afterward.

I was in a state of sickness in my stomach. The Holy Quran preaches the doctrine of "safety first".

In many chapters of the Quran the faithfuls are enjoined to observe safety during prayer. A part of the faithfuls would say prayer while another part stand guard and detter enemy attack. Then the roles is swapped and those standing guard would say their prayers and have guards stand over them for protection.

This is fundamental....SAFETY FIRST!

The Pakistani man, like you said, should have been checked to see if a sickness bothered him.

Also, knowing his condition, he should have stayed at home to observe prayers. Invariably that might attract a different kind of fatwa if found to pray alone instead of in congregation.

It appeared the judge was more upset at him inserting object to conceal the shame than he was about the fact that he involuntarily interferred in abilities of other faithfuls to worship God.

Whichever way you look atbit....I hate the danfodio version of Islam in Nigeria. It is equally extremist in practice.

I prefer the Yoruba Islam practice instead...its open and non-judgemental!

3 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
[s]
kimbraa:
So what's your point?
Let me help you, was the man sentenced to death for farthing or not according to Islamic dictates?
[/s]

This one tithing block him comprehension, the story is FALSE. NO ONE GETS PUNISHED FOR FARTHING EVEN WHILE PRAYING.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by vedaxcool(m): 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
How hasn't this thread been locked? This is FAKE News there is nothing to read here except falsehood.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by buhariguy(m): 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
This is bad
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by HungerBAD: 7:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Listen, okay so muslims are expected to perform ablution before sitting to pray or even entering the mosque. Its a requisite. By so doing you are in state of physical purity. You can become impure by certain acts that break the ablution, one of them is flatulence (Iso).

You simply vacate prayer and do another ablution then return in a new state of purity to continue prayer.

So other day i did ablution and began prayer, this was at home mind you.....so i farted. I stopped the prayer and went back and did an ablution. I was just starting prayer again and farted. I went back and did another ablution. I came out and before i stepped on mat i farted.

I abandoned the prayer altogether. It was caused by too much intake of gaseous food, plus in time of ramadhan stomach acid is not balanced because the body is going through detoxification.

When it was time for night prayer my stomach gas had eased. I did my ablution, performed the evening prayer that i missed and then did my night prayer afterward.

I was in a state of sickness in my stomach. The Holy Quran preaches the doctrine of "safety first".

In many chapters of the Quran the faithfuls are enjoined to observe safety during prayer. A part of the faithfuls would say prayer while another part stand guard and detter enemy attack. Then the roles is swapped and those standing guard would say their prayers and have guards stand over them for protection.

The Pakistani man, like you said, should have been checked to see if a sickness bothered him.

Also, knowing his condition, he should have stayed at home to observe prayers. Invariably that might attract a different kind of fatwa if found to pray alone instead of in congregation.

It appeared the judge was more upset at him inserting object to conceal the shame than he was about the fact that he involuntarily interferred in abilities of other faithfuls to worship God.

Whichever way you look atbit....I hate the danfodio version of Islam in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Your explanation answers a lot of things. Your maturity I applaud.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
So somebody cannot mess in peace again

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by delpee(f): 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
This can't be true.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by gonkin(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
Seriously doubting this. How can u sentence a man to death because of mess. Its not even Nigerian fart cuz Nigerians mess no get rival ask the afonjas following this thread. A Nigerian fart that can make a mad man speak good English and make a normal person run mad

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Ibrahim505(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2018
Its a fiction! Other media are propagating it to get traffic.
Islam is a simple religion, it prohibits anyone from harassing someone with similar condition.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by anibirelawal(m): 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
@ Vedaxcool

Thanks for the enlightment.

Irrespective of your detailed explaination, some mofos will still remain adamant to beleive the fake story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Obudupikin: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funniest story I have read this year.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by UDbester(m): 10:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=Anigreat post=68091436] shocked

which religion does that?

islam does that grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by Ojiofor: 12:42am On Jun 02, 2018
Fear Islam if wanna live!

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque During Ramadan by EzeNri(m): 1:34am On Jun 02, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I abandoned the prayer altogether. It was caused by too much intake of gaseous food, plus in time of ramadhan stomach acid is not balanced because the body is going through detoxification and is prone to reject food and substances hard on the stomach.

Whichever way you look atbit....I hate the danfodio version of Islam in Nigeria. It is equally extremist in practice.

So a man becomes impure by farting?

According to Jesus, the only thing that defies a man is what comes out of his mouth. This is because "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh"

Sorry, I prefer Islam as practiced by the North to what yorubas are doing here as Islam.

I think Islam in the North is too simple and direct.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Houseboy Discharges Loads Of Maggots After Sleeping With His Master's Wife / High Invasion On Lagos Malls By Commercial Sex Workers Luring Men Causes Concern / Lady Gets Beaten Up Inside A Bus After She Said Tinubu Will Win (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.