Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase (39628 Views)

Jigan Babaoja, His Wife And Daughter In Family Photo / Jigan Babaoja Gives Baba Suwe Money For His Treatment / Soldiers Flog Jigan Babaoja At Elegushi Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by goldcoinhub: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2018
At every point in time in Nigeria, there is always a trending word that dominates the social media and this time, it is Sho mo age mi, which was originated by a Nollywood actor Kazeem Abimbola, popularly called Jigan Babaoja.

He has however come out to say that despite the fact that he asks about his age from everyone that cares to listen, he will never reveal his real age to anyone.

He opened up to Ademola Olonilua in an interview on how he came by the slang Sho mo age mi ni.

What brought up the slang 'Sho mo age mi ni'?

I have actually done several skits but it’s just that God had mandated that I would become popular with this ‘Sho mo age mi’ slang. I was on a movie location with some of my friends when we started talking about our actresses that were celebrating their 40th birthday; we said that some of them were either not up to 40 years or they were above the age.

That was how we started arguing and I cited myself as an example, asking them if they knew if I was up to 40 years old. That’s how I started asking them if they knew my age in Yoruba. From there, something urged me to do a skit about it and that’s how it went viral.

Did you ever believe it would become this much of an internet sensation?

I did not know it would garner such attention online. It never occurred to me. Of all my skits, it had the highest amount of views and that was when I knew that it was going to be a viral video. I also have to thank Tunde Ednut because each time I make a skit, he always reposts it and that gives it more mileage online.

How did Jigan Babaoja meet Davido?

I was wowed when it happened. I was home one day posting some of my skits on the same trending topic when I received a direct message from him. I was so happy and while I was still basking in the euphoria, I received a call from my manager, Danku, who told me to hold on for Davido.

In his distinct voice, I heard him say, “Hello, Sho mo age mi, sho mo age mi ni,” then he laughed and invited me to meet him at Lekki. I went to meet him at Lekki and he told me he appreciated my work. He was travelling to America on that day but he still made out time to receive me.

https://lailasnews.com/how-i-came-up-with-the-phrase-sho-mo-age-mi-ni-jigan-babalola/

8 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by tyson98: 7:16am On Jun 02, 2018
Nice one Cardoso u av been in the industry for a while God has finally picked your call,wish you luck in all ur endeavorstatus

BUT O STUPID SHA....

SHO MO AGE ME NI

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by itspzpics(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2018
Lol
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Olalan(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2018
When God picks up a person's call you'll be amazed at how quickly transformation occurs

20 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by ArcFresky(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2018
Knowing your age will fill my account nii?

10 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by mkoabiola: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2018
Ds slang has been in existence since BT it was not trending

Social media was d tool

BTW ,same danku ,former manager to oritshe femi

22 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by OKorowanta: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2018
There's Ability in Disability.
Congrats dude.

11 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by evergreen9: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
WHO?
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by PlainJAY(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
We don't know him here in kuvukiland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by oladele00(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
I think Mikel obi is far far better than loftus cheek

Like for Mikel share for cheek

13 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by NwaAmaikpe: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
shocked

Agbaya,
"Sho mo age mi ni" deserves no accolades.
And it is mostly unrefined touts that relate to it.

He should stop trying to cash in on Charles Okocha's fame.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by sunnysunny69(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
His age is 34, or 37 maximum.
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Abatsam111(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
cheesy
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Newpride(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Guy go and add to ur hustle so u can have more money in ur account and forget abt one slang that will soon be forgotten. sad

15 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by TheUbermensch: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who knows this one? .But I don't really see the vibe in the slang tho'. Very stale.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Spectraz: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ok

Revealed:
See The Emotional Whatsapp Message Zinedine Zidane Sent to Real Madrid Stars to Inform Them of His Exit

https://www.mirrorsng.com/see-emotional-whatsapp-message-zinedine-zidane-sent-real-madrid-stars-inform-exit/
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by roqrules04(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
Na Tunde Ednut blow the guy

1 Like

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by saasala(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
That shitty "Sho mo age mi ni" fad doesnt make an iota of sense

And yeah, dude looks like an agbero

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Factfinder1(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
So how has your slang helped the economy

2 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by kaptaneSaka(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
God that located you, Shall locate me and anyone who like this before this year runs out.... Amin

28 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Ijehk7(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
sho mo age mi ni?
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by nowpresence(f): 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
what does it mean Abeg
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by veron002: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
you have polluted everyone with this syndrome, subordinates, spouse/ children now ask sho mo age mi ni and some of them are so small that u feel like giving them a knock. WELDONE SIR

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by cardoctor(m): 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
My 3 year old boy is causing problem now at home with this slang. Hmmmm So na u?
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by MrImole: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by kmaster007: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
. Mayb you suld jst go to hell with d sang... nonsense
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Sike(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
nowpresence:
what does it mean Abeg
Do you know my age? - in English.
Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Jalaw: 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
This one is a Yoruba sentence na..... understood only by them.... A Yoruba shithole slang.

3 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Haha... This bros, I will never call him Jigan baba oja, I will keep calling him the nickname boys gave him at Shomolu (Sir Orji). Very nice but troublesome guy. He helped his family when things were okay for him. Thank God he is doing fine again.

9 Likes

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by BlackHatNaija: 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
I think I'm the only one missing out on this skit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
sunnysunny69:
His age is 34, or 37 maximum.
You are somehow right. The guy and my elder sister do call themselves names when they were teenagers back then at Shomolu. My sister will clock 37 this month.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigan Babaoja: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni - How I Came Up With The Phrase by Mossbury: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simon Konecki Could Get Half Of Adele's £145m Fortune After Divorce / Rita Dominic Slays In A Lovely Gown / Portable In Court (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.