Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) (5842 Views)

Abia Youths To Ben Kalu: Declare For 2023 Governorship, We'll Support You / Dino Melaye And His 2 Sons Rock Stylish Super Eagles Jersey (Photo) / Solomon Dalung Wears Super Eagles Jersey To Today's FEC Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by tellmanny(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
gurnam

If I don't do this, I won't forgive myself.
I have almost given up on what people write on this forum, I have taken time to read your other replies.
Thanks for letting others learn from you.
Sentiment and emotions has clouded the reasoning of many Nigerian. Our politicians also understand the power of poverty when properly deployed and have used same over and over again to manipulate our youths and the manner they reason.

Keep up the good works sir.
Your Admirer

2 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
gurnam:

The follow up was an after thought, after his intitial foolishness was pointed out, more like damage control

Encouraging NIKE is different from questioning the rationale for not giving the Aba Tailors the business of making the jerseys thus “the economy losing money” he put at #100 M

No sir , it wasn't"an after thought" ...I read the complete thread on Twitter
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by gurnam: 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
tellmanny:
gurnam

If I don't do this, I won't forgive myself.
I have almost given up on what people write on this forum, I have taken time to read your other replies.
Thanks for letting others learn from you.
Sentiment and emotions has clouded the reasoning of many Nigerian. Our politicians also understand the power of poverty when properly deployed and have used same over and over again to manipulate our youths and the manner they reason.

Keep up the good works sir.
Your Admirer

Thanks and appreciate. Nigerians are too intelligent for what we allow some of the politicians to get away with all in the name of politics and ethno/religious sentiments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by PVision2020(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chukazu:

You lack comprehensive reasoning.

Did Ben Bruce ask that NIKE be compelled?

and who says they can't make profit if they manufacture from Aba?

The biggest comparative advantage Nike is looking for is cheap labor and don't they have cheap labor in Nigeria?
Boy, stop arguing blindly. Who/Where a company contract it business to is non of your business. Who are you to decide for Nike mbok?
Nike is not only after cheap labor but after quality. Nike have a name to protect. A disorganized, Fake/counterfeit oriented, non quality certified Aba tailors earning a contract from Nike is daydreaming.
Let Aba tailors start by kitting Eyimba FC in their backyard first, then we can take them serious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by mars123(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
front4line:

But if he was praising Jonathan you won’t say this prayer. Senseless rnorons everywhere.
Boy say dat prayer and dont be a useless typist
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
PVision2020:

Boy, stop arguing blindly. Who/Where a company contract it business to is non of your business. Who are you to decide for Nike mbok?
Nike is not only after cheap labor but after quality. Nike have a name to protect. A disorganized, Fake/counterfeit oriented, non quality certified Aba tailors earning a contract from Nike is daydreaming.
Let Aba tailors start by kitting Eyimba FC in their backyard first, then we can take them serious.

You sound very confused

Nike is after quality, and who says they can't get quality in Aba, which quality are they getting in Bangladesh and Burma that they can't get in Nigeria?

The Guinness Nigeria product that are been exported across the globe ; ain't they quality enough?

You talk about Enyimba jersey been made in Aba means you are all the more confused ... if they are made in Aba ,who pays for the sponsorship fees?
The reason Enyimba can not source for jersey from Aba is that they need money that goes along (sponsorship) with the jersey

Is it that difficult to separate sponsorship deal from manufacturing?
If NIKE sets up manufacturing in Aba, they are inadvertently doing "technological transfer" with the abundant artisans in Aba, because they come with machinery and technical know-how...is that beyond your reasoning?

Talk of Enyimba jersey...let me also tell you that the Nigerian military and para-millitary wears are been manufactured in Aba... What other prove of quality do you cry for?

Been Bruce never asked NIKE to contract production to Aba boys as you erroneously claimed ...he is suggesting that Nike be encouraged to set up it own production line in Aba...is that beyond your reasoning undecided

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by PVision2020(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chukazu:

You sound very confused

Nike is after quality, and who says they can't get quality in Aba, which quality are they getting in Bangladesh and Burma that they can't get in Nigeria?

The Guinness Nigeria product that are been exported across the globe ; ain't they quality enough?

You talk about Enyimba jersey been made in Aba means you are all the more confused ... if they are made in Aba ,who pays for the sponsorship fees?
The reason Enyimba can not source for jersey from Aba is that they need money that goes along (sponsorship) with the jersey

If NIKE sets up manufacturing in Aba, they are inadvertently doing "technological transfer" with the abundant artisans in Aba, because they come with machinery and technical know-how...is that beyond your reasoning?

Talk of Enyimba jersey...let me also tell you that the Nigerian military and para-millitary wears are been manufactured in Aba... What other prove of quality do you cry for?
Arguing with you is a vicious cycle, because your reasoning is limited and myopic.
Sit your azz Down and let me tutor you neophyte.
1. Nike is a business oriented company with profit as it ultimate goal, so the development of Aba/Nigeria vis-a-viz other Third World countries is non of their business. So Nike reserves the exclusive right to determine who/where they contract their business to.
2. Please can you name one Tailoring firm in the whole of Aba with the technological know how, ISO certification and Funds to produce sportwears of Nike's specification and standard?
In your words :
"If NIKE sets up manufacturing in Aba, they are inadvertently doing "technological transfer" with the abundant artisans in Aba, because they come with machinery and technical know-how...is that beyond your reasoning?"
3.So you think Nike will come to Nigeria to set up a sportwear manufacturing firm... lol, you don't know nothing. Nike only contract to well established tailoring firms, with the technological capability and capital base across over 41 countries, not some people expecting Nike to set them up.
4. Let them receive the contract to Sew/manufacture Eyimba's sportwears first. At my "last check", Umbro the kit sponsor of Eyimba of ABA did not contract any firm in aba to make their jersey. Charity begins at home. If they cannot be trusted with the kit of a local club how can they be entrusted with that of a national team?
5. Manufacturing of military wears is quite different from sportwears for clubs and national teams.
Most countries produces their military wears but only few countries (even developed countries) produces their sportwears.

I hope I've lectured you enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by plaetton: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:
So sad that many of the youths don't get his point or maybe it was the way he phrased it ?
You how impulsively stuupid the young man is.
That's unfortunately the issue.
The youths are so mal-educated, that they are incapable of understanding simple things.
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
PVision2020:

Arguing with you is a vicious cycle, because your reasoning is limited and myopic.
1. Nike is a business oriented company with profit as it ultimate goal, so the development of Aba/Nigeria vis-a-viz other Third World countries is non of their business. So Nike reserves the exclusive right to determine who/where they contract their business to.
2. Please can you name one Tailoring firm in the whole of Aba with the technological know how, ISO certification and Funds to produce sportwears of Nike's specification and standard?
In your words :
"If NIKE sets up manufacturing in Aba, they are inadvertently doing "technological transfer" with the abundant artisans in Aba, because they come with machinery and technical know-how...is that beyond your reasoning?"
3.So you think Nike will come to Nigeria to set up a sportwear manufacturing firm... lol, you don't know nothing. Nike only contract to well established tailoring firms, with the technological capability and capital base across over 41 countries, not some people expecting Nike to set them up.
4. Let them receive the contract to Sew/manufacture Eyimba's sportwears first. At my "last check", Umbro the kit sponsor of Eyimba of ABA did not contract any firm in aba to make their jersey. Charity begins at home. If they cannot be trusted with the kit of a local club how can they be entrusted with that of a national team?
5. Manufacturing of military wears is quite different from sportwears for clubs and national teams.
Most countries produces their military wears but only few countries (even developed countries) produces their sportwears.

Who is asking for NIKE's contract , you just can't reason beyond your stuffy nose?

You keep talking about ISO...what do you know about ISO...is ISO your personal WAEC certificate?
Do you know hundreds of Nigerian companies that have got ISO? sad
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by jpphilips(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:
So sad that many of the youths don't get his point or maybe it was the way he phrased it ?

He is dumb and pointless. Bruce doesn't understand the Nike deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by jpphilips(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ekpeitut:
What is epic about this response?? We Nigerians like to believe we are very smart and think highly of ourselves. But in truth we aren't! just look at our leaders and tell me how you can reconcile this absurdity that only daft, slowpokes, brutish and greedy politicians lead a population of "smarties".

All this witty comebacks or comments we post on social media don't change a damn thing about our sorry state. There is sense in what Ben Bruce said. Instead of criticizing every comment along the lines of political affiliation, think of what the average Nigerian would stand to benefit.

Oh...I forgot our current crop of leaders and even some of citizens don't have the capacity to reason above acquiring houses, cars, corruptly enriching themselves and other frivolities.

Get your PVCs people! Nothing short of a Total Reset is what we need in Nigeria.

The person you asked to get his PVC, is extremely dumb, how do you expect a dumb person to make the right choice, you are asking for too much!!
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by SalamRushdie: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
jpphilips:

He is dumb and pointless. Bruce is doesn't understand the Adidas deal.

Adidas?

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by grandstar(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chukazu:

You sound very confused

Been Bruce never asked NIKE to contract production to Aba boys as you erroneously claimed ...he is suggesting that Nike be encouraged to set up it own production line in Aba...is that beyond your reasoning undecided

America's largest capitalised firm, Apple Computers makes its best selling product, the Iphone not in America but in China.

The world's manufacturing order is quite far complicated sir. Expecting Nike to make shirts here is a bit more like expecting your Iphone to be made in America.

Companies are only interested in getting the best value for their money and nothing else matters. If making the shirts here was the best value for money, they'd have bought from Nigeria.

Nigeria is not even known for manufacturing garments, talk less of being a hub for West Africa how much more Africa!

The business world is ultra competitive and companies will do whatever it takes not only to remain in the game, but be competitive and highly profitable at the same time.

China presently isn't any longer the cheapest place for producing goods but what it lacks in price it makes up for in efficiency.

I am sure if Nike wanted 3,000,000 shirts designed and delivered and in spotless quality in a week to America, Chinese firms can meet the order.

One day, the Chinese will have factories outside China making products destined for China.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by uchennamani(m): 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Perhaps, you don't know how this works. Nike actually pays NFF for the Super Eagles to wear their jersey at the World Cup. They don't just supply the kits, NFF also receives money from Nike. This is business. Nike recoups their investment via sales like the one that happened in London. This is not rocket science. This is how it works. Can Aba traders sponsor and pay NFF for the Super Eagles to wear their kits? The answer is no. A big no.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by SalamRushdie: 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
uchennamani:
Perhaps, you don't know how this works. Nike actually pays NFF for the Super Eagles to wear their jersey at the World Cup. They don't just supply the kits, NFF also receives money from Nike. This is business. Nike recoups their investment via sales like the one that happened in London. This is not rocket science. This is how it works. Can Aba traders sponsor and pay NFF for the Super Eagles to wear their kits? The answer is no. A big no.

Where did anyone say anything about Aba traders sponsoring the eagles ...open your mind man ..
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
grandstar:

America's largest capitalised firm, Apple Computers makes its best selling product, the Iphone not in America but in China.

The world's manufacturing order is quite far complicated sir. Expecting Nike to make shirts here is a bit more like expecting your Iphone to be made in America.

Companies are only interested in getting the best value for their money and nothing else matters. If making the shirts here was the best value for money, they'd have bought from Nigeria.

Nigeria is not even known for manufacturing garments, talk less of being a hub for West Africa how much more Africa!

The business world is ultra competitive and companies will do whatever it takes not only to remain in the game, but be competitive and highly profitable at the same time.

China presently isn't any longer the cheapest place for producing goods but what it lacks in price it makes up for in efficiency.

I am sure if Nike wanted 3,000,000 shirts designed and delivered and in spotless quality in a week to America, Chinese firms can meet the order.

One day, the Chinese will have factories outside China making products destined for China.

Wrong comparison.

First, the iPhone is an American Brand but NIKE is not Nigerian brand.

Some components parts of the iPhone are currently made in USA, not every part are made in China

Nobody is compelling NIKE to set up in Nigeria,it's only a proposal

That nobody knows Nigeria as a manufacturing hub doesn't mean it can't be done

Sequel to the write up you quoted , I had posited several points regarding Making such dream a reality, so it's not just "wishful thinking"
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Where did anyone say anything about Aba traders sponsoring the eagles ...open your mind man ..

It's just amazing how people refuse to reason with their brains.
Someone is talking about the possibility of manufacturing and brain dead fellas keep talking about "sponsorship of Eagles"

I don't tire for them

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Intrepid01(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ekpeitut:
What is epic about this response?? We Nigerians like to believe we are very smart and think highly of ourselves. But in truth we aren't! just look at our leaders and tell me how you can reconcile this absurdity that only daft, slowpokes, brutish and greedy politicians lead a population of "smarties".

All this witty comebacks or comments we post on social media don't change a damn thing about our sorry state. There is sense in what Ben Bruce said. Instead of criticizing every comment along the lines of political affiliation, think of what the average Nigerian would stand to benefit.

Oh...I forgot our current crop of leaders and even some of citizens don't have the capacity to reason above acquiring houses, cars, corruptly enriching themselves and other frivolities.

Get your PVCs people! Nothing short of a Total Reset is what we need in Nigeria.

Bros, you didn't make any sense...not at all
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by SalamRushdie: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chukazu:

It's just amazing how people refuse to reason with their brains.
Someone is talking about the possibility of manufacturing and brain dead fellas keep talking about "sponsorship of Eagles"

I don't tire for them

I swear the thing weak me .. one guy even asked why we feel Aba traders can sponsor the eagles ? And I was wondering where that came from oo
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by uba1991: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chukazu:

You sound very confused

go back and read wat d useless senator wrote.stop defending shameless senator that collects 14 million naira without doing anything,this shameless senator never wrote anything abt dat.money because he is a croock

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Ttipsy(f): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2018
there's nothing epic here, the guy don't understand English
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:42am On Jun 03, 2018
AK6464:
Common sense is not always common, Nike is not a tailoring company, 50% of what contributed to the selling out of the jersey is the reputation of the company, sponsorship bidding is competitive, it is not like political appointment where the oga at the top selects mediocres.

Don't forget the beautiful design is a Nike concept, we might have ended up with aseobi looking jerseys if we opted for an Aba designer
d jersey kuma resemble asoebi

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:44am On Jun 03, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

It's not as if Nike will not make ga
Get it right!

The Nigerian Government also spent money right
spending not same as investing
they are just sharing money

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:46am On Jun 03, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Please note that marketing and manufacturing are two different things

When goods are manufactured, you pay the manufacturers then marketing is another ball game entirely
manufacturing 10%
marketing(90%)
either way we still lose
and lack of nepa and lazy tailors no go gree nike partner with una
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:
The guy na mumu

There was a follow up twit where Been Bruce simply asked that NIKE should be encouraged to set up it's manufacturing business in Aba , and thereby start a local production
dem gree deregulate electricity business make light de?
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:49am On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:

You lack comprehensive reasoning.

Did Ben Bruce ask that NIKE be compelled?

and who says they can't make profit if they manufacture from Aba?

The biggest comparative advantage Nike has by setting up in Asia is cheap labor and don't they have cheap labor in Nigeria?
cheap labor
very expensive electricity

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:50am On Jun 03, 2018
gurnam:

Thanks and appreciate. Nigerians are too intelligent for what we allow some of the politicians to get away with all in the name of politics and ethno/religious sentiments
yet we do
ergo
we r not as intelligent as we pretend to be
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:53am On Jun 03, 2018
PVision2020:

could be written into their contract by nff so not as exclusive as you think

In your words :

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by GetUmad: 4:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Lame arguments I see everywhere. As usual, it's all about the hypocritical nature of an average Nigerians.

Simple question ; if the kits were made in Aba, would it have sold out within that record time?
Nike is an international brand with designs perfected to the world standards.

Charity begins at home. Let our local league have their sponsors building kits from Aba, trust and confidence can then be built through that, before you'd see a company as giant as Nike compromising standards (which they don't joke with in other parts of the world and just a slight loophole can plunge them into a disaster that millions of dollars can't rescue them from) in order to help grow Nigerian economy (which even is less of a concern to their own business growth) by testing the water.
A pedigree has to be established and popular before diving into such a huge risk by giant brand like Nike.

Take it or leave it;
It "sold out" in that "record time" because it's Nike and it was not built in Aba. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2018
AZeD1:

Sports companies actually pay teams to make their kits, the sports company then makes it money by selling to the general public with the team also taking a small percentage.

So Nike paid the NFF to make the Nigerian Jersey.
So NFF choose to make it where

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by grandstar(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:

You sound very confused

Bangladesh and Burma did not get there in one day.

In Burma's case, it is in the centre of Factory Asia where 50% of the world's manufacturing is carried out so can easily benefit from suppliers fleeing China due to rising wages and setting up shop in dirt cheap Burma (wage wise as least)

For Nigeria to even think of becoming a garment manufacturing , it must eliminate all import duty on textile fabrics.

It also needs industrial parks with 24hours power supply.

Implement the above 2 and the country is half way to becoming a garment manufacturing center.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stakeholders Blame Nigeria’s Receding Waters On Coal Mining / Opinion: Why Do The Yorubas Exhibit High Level Of Religious Tolerance? / "This Is Port Harcourt Not Asokoro"- Wike's Magic Wand In Action: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.