Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) (5845 Views)

Abia Youths To Ben Kalu: Declare For 2023 Governorship, We'll Support You / Dino Melaye And His 2 Sons Rock Stylish Super Eagles Jersey (Photo) / Solomon Dalung Wears Super Eagles Jersey To Today's FEC Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by AZeD1(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

So NFF choose to make it where
Nike paid NFF for the rights to make the Jersey and the NFF has no say in were it is made.
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by dealslip(f): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:

Who is asking for NIKE's contract , you just can't reason beyond your stuffy nose?

You keep talking about ISO...what do you know about ISO...is ISO your personal WAEC certificate?
Do you know hundreds of Nigerian companies that have got ISO? sad
You need to stop this argument. The guy is very right. Nike is a business and not a government institutions. The NFF is paid to allow Nike use the Eagles as a platform to showcase their products to the world. It is just like Gucci paying modelling firms so their models can display their products. The Nigerian government should create a good platform for Aba tailors to be able to compete internationally. The grievance should be directed to the Nigerian Gov. not NIKE.

2 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by ziryboy(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:
The guy na mumu

There was a follow up twit where Been Bruce simply asked that NIKE should be encouraged to set up it's manufacturing business in Aba , and thereby start a local production
then show us the screen short of the tweet..online warriors, you guys think you can change anything in this country? 2019 will make you understand where you belong if 2015 doesn't show you guys. Get your PVC and send Buhari back to Daura everywhere, we are waiting for your 5 percent vote.
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by grandstar(m): 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2018
seanfer:

The Senator should go and sit somewhere.... He Published his book in USA. So he is telling us that there is no good publishing companies in the Country.... I believe the man is never serious with his buy Naija grow Naija campaign... He Employed an Indian as the GM of Silverbird meaning that no competent Nigerian to take the position...

The incomprehensible buy local slogan by Ben Murray Bruce as been laid bare by you.

These people have a very poor understanding of economics and should learn to keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
dealslip:

You need to stop this argument. The guy is very right. Nike is a business and not a government institutions. The NFF is paid to allow Nike use the Eagles as a platform to showcase their products to the world. It is just like Gucci paying modelling firms so their models can display their products. The Nigerian government should create a good platform for Aba tailors to be able to compete internationally. The grievance should be directed to the Nigerian Gov. not NIKE.

What nonsense grievance exactly are you talking about?

Someone made a statement predicated on certain scenario and you are talking about grievance? Who is grieving who?
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
ziryboy:
then show us the screen short of the tweet..online warriors, you guys think you can change anything in this country? 2019 will make you understand where you belong if 2015 doesn't show you guys. Get your PVC and send Buhari back to Daura everywhere, we are waiting for your 5 percent vote.

Is this twit so vague and ambiguous that you people can't comprehend?

Can't you separate sponsorship from local content which Ben Bruce is advocating here?

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by dealslip(f): 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:

What nonsense grievance exactly are you talking about?

Someone made a statement predicated on certain scenario and you are talking about grievance? Who is grieving who?
I know your type you just want to appear right whether right or wrong.
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by dealslip(f): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
Chukazu:

Is this twit so vague and ambiguous that you people can't comprehend?

Can't you separate sponsorship from local content which Ben Bruce is advocating here?
Abeg you have started changing mouth. Local content wasn't your initial converse. So you guys expect NIKE to move machinery to Aba. To be used by tailors who have no knowledge of how to operate the machines to make 3 million Jerseys. They will now spend millions on diesel and power. The reason why FDI is unavailable in Nigeria is because you guys don't have the necessary environment for development when Asia would offer them better environment. Your senators will now ask for bribe before they can take off. Who has time for that. BMB is only playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by Chukazu: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
dealslip:

Abeg you have started changing mouth. Local content wasn't your initial converse. So you guys expect NIKE to move machinery to Aba. To be used by tailors who have no knowledge of how to operate the machines to make 3 million Jerseys. They will now spend millions on diesel and power. The reason why FDI is unavailable in Nigeria is because you guys don't have the necessary environment for development when Asia would offer them better environment. Your senators will now ask for bribe before they can take off. Who has time for that. BMB is only playing to the gallery.

I never started this particular conversation with you, so it's erroneous to claim what I have said and what I haven't said.

As far back as 2015 i devoted an entire page regarding this very issue on this Forum , that was before any NIKE chose to design Eagle's Jersey...that was before this APC government came to power.

If you are on Twitter ,drop your handle let me point you to a chart I had with a Special Adviser to the Abia State governor regarding this matter, there I clearly urged him to explore the possibility of inviting Nike , Wrangler or Mark and Spencer to set up in Aba an harness the long dexterity of cloth making in Aba...and this happened" on the 24th of May " ,way before Been Bruce came up with the Idea

So is very wrong for you to make such sweeping remark about me changing the conversation
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by SIRTee15: 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
dealslip:

My sister that bribery thing is the most irritating part....
Ask richard branson of virgin Atlantic....
They frustrated that guy with bribery....
They were shamelessly harassing the poor guy with settlement every now n then.....
I listened to the guy in one interview....
He vowed never to do business in africa due to his horrible experience with nigeria.....
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by dealslip(f): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2018
Chukazu:

I never started this particular conversation with you, so it's erroneous to claim what I have said and what I haven't said.

As far back as 2015 i devoted an entire page regarding this very issue on this Forum , that was before any NIKE chose to design Eagle's Jersey...that was before this APC government came to power.

If you are on Twitter ,drop your handle let me point you to a chart I had with a Special Adviser to the Abia State governor regarding this matter, there I clearly urged him to explore the possibility of inviting Nike , Wrangler or Mark and Spencer to set up in Aba an harness the long dexterity of cloth making in Aba...and this happened" on the 24th of May " ,way before Been Bruce came up with the Idea

So is very wrong for you to make such sweeping remark about me changing the conversation
OK o I hear you.
Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by dealslip(f): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2018
SIRTee15:

My sister that bribery thing is the most irritating part....
Ask richard branson of virgin Atlantic....
They frustrated that guy with bribery....
They were shamelessly harassing the poor guy with settlement every now n then.....
I listened to the guy in one interview....
He vowed never to do business in africa due to his horrible experience with nigeria.....
Abi o. I saw the interview and I felt for him. It is the like of BMB that will stall such moves by Nike by demanding ridiculous bribes. Why would they even bother to come. The President who has contributed to the failure of the educational system will also call the youths lazy and every Nigerian corrupt and they would be expecting FDI. There is no electricity in Nigeria, the environment is insecure and they will be talking trash as if NIKE deliberately ignored Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben Bruce On Super Eagles Jersey(photo) by LaudableXX: 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
PVision2020:
Boy, stop arguing blindly. Who/Where a company contract it business to is non of your business. Who are you to decide for Nike mbok? Nike is not only after cheap labor but after quality. Nike have a name to protect. A disorganized, Fake/counterfeit oriented, non quality certified Aba tailors earning a contract from Nike is daydreaming.
Let Aba tailors start by kitting Eyimba FC in their backyard first, then we can take them serious.

Guy, may you continue to grow in wisdom, understanding and intelligence. Cheers! cool Your post deserves nothing less than 10,000 likes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! US Blacklists Nigeria 40 Days After Buhari’s Re-election / Breaking: #iamigbotoo Trending On Twitter / Picture Of Shettima Watching Peter Obi Being Loved At The NBA Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.