Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Tooth Decay And Cavities - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tooth Decay And Cavities (31167 Views)

3 Home Remedies For Tooth Decay And Cavities | Tooth Decay / The 5 Stages Of Tooth Decay Progression / Immune System Is Potential Culprit In Causing Cavities, Damaging Fillings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by encryptjay(m): 6:22am On Jun 03, 2018
Jeez! I thought it was a 'Tonto Dike' thread but I had to look again. Lemme digest the thread properly. Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by dungas30(m): 6:22am On Jun 03, 2018
mine has stains pls how can I clear those pieces of stain

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by seguno2: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
It doesn't matter if you have completely decayed teeth as long as you are rich

It doesn’t matter in what way
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 6:23am On Jun 03, 2018
skayT:
This post came in very handy, at a time I was having toothache. Tooth decay is about the worst thing that can happen to anyone. It usually comes with severe headache and a heavy mouth, sometimes swollen mouth, depending on the intensity of the toothache. The only homemade relieve I know of, is the gargling of salt solution which is just a temporary relieve. Can anyone suggest a permanent solution to toothache apart from having the tooth/ teeth removed and filled by a dentist?
You can also gargle undilluted hot drink (popularly called kai kai).

You can also gargle TCP
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by koxi: 6:24am On Jun 03, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

Those teeth give me...

Na you sabi...I don talk my own finished and you understand
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by ABDULSODEEQ(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
It doesn't matter if you have completely decayed teeth as long as you are rich
You'll just buy another teeth or gold teeth and be eating with it ?
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by lemonys(m): 7:07am On Jun 03, 2018
This is an eye opener, thanks op more of that.
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by brodalokie: 7:19am On Jun 03, 2018
Make we hear word
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Princekejino(m): 7:32am On Jun 03, 2018
I took off one last week, pls any one with local remedy to treat teeth holes. Thanks

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Dcaliphate(m): 7:35am On Jun 03, 2018
Major reason i dont kiss just anyone

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by madridguy(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2018
Thanks for sharing this @ OP.
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Fahrenhite(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2018
Nice one op
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by sleemoon(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2018
skayT:
This post came in very handy, at a time I was having toothache. Tooth decay is about the worst thing that can happen to anyone. It usually comes with severe headache and a heavy mouth, sometimes swollen mouth, depending on the intensity of the toothache. The only homemade relieve I know of, is the gargling of salt solution which is just a temporary relieve. Can anyone suggest a permanent solution to toothache apart from having the tooth/ teeth removed and filled by a dentist?

Look at d tooth tru d mirror and check if there's a hole inside...if yes, its advisable to visit d dentist to fill it up or remove it permanently. ..better still, u can go to d pharmacy and buy Hydrogen Peroxide and use it to gaggle ur mouth in d morning and night. .it works best..take care
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Horus(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2018
Chewing sticks prevent tooth decay better than conventional toothpastes
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by visijo(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2018
i belong to this category.. But thanks to my local cure..
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by manitoba(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2018
For years, I battled with Tooth problem. I already booked an appointment with my dentist for Root Canal removal before I stumbled on some informations that helped me halt the process. Firstly, I stopped using a popular Tooth paste o have always used(Hint: Red in colour and containing too much sugar). It is recomeneded that you use the top brand paste with fluoride and specific oil for protecting your teeth. Whenever the life threatening pain associated with tooth ache comes, I use pain killer on Prescription to reduce the pains from inflammation.(caveat: make sure you don't rely on this always as they have their side effect if abused). Baking powder. Coconut oil , clove oil and salt has always been helpful too. The danger in salt usage is that if you are not careful about it, it may result in over consumption of salt above the recommended Daily use and it's attendant health issues. I also noticed the incident occurs more during raining season . like the Op said, always brush twice daily . let the night brushing be after eating. Always ensure you give a thorough brushing to the affected teeth ( I found out the bacterial causing the decay fears such attack. Lols) Wishing you a quick recovery.
skayT:
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Saff(f): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2018
Why wasn’t I warned about the graphic picture

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by KratosCorp: 11:19am On Jun 03, 2018
Are you a dentist, please?

tigerex27:

Tooth decay also known as cavities is a breakdown of tooth due to acids made by bacteria during the decompsition of sugar in the mouth. If it is left untreated, a cavity or hole may occur. You can easily prevent tooth decay by brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, seeing your dentist for teeth cleaning and checkups also, avoiding foods that are high in sugar.
Tooth decay doesn't have to be an insurmountable problem for anyone. With just a little understanding of the basics of tooth decay formation, most people can easily put the issue of having cavities to rest.

Facts on Tooth Decay and Cavities
- Approximately 2.3 billion people (32% of the population) have dental caries in their permanent teeth.

- The WHO estimates that nearly all adults have dental caries at some point in time.

- In baby teeth it affects 620 million people or 9% of the population.

- The disease is most common in the developed world due to greater simple sugar consumption and less common in the developing world.

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by BlissB(f): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2018
ThankGod OP did this....I was about doing it.....toothache na die....yesterday na so I day roll for ground....I have cavity....if not for my tight schedule I for go remove am tomorrow... it will have to wait till Thur and that swishing of Salt and warm water bukum....it only worsened it for me. cry

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2018
dungas30:
mine has stains pls how can I clear those pieces of stain
Visit the dentist for periodontal treatment (S&P).
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2018
Horus:
Chewing sticks prevent tooth decay better than conventional toothpastes
Chewing sticks can irritate your gums leading to gingivitis with associated gum bleeding.
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Switup: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
Princekejino:
I took off one last week, pls any one with local remedy to treat teeth holes. Thanks
i love ur wrist watch... looks like one i sold to a friend sometime ago....

no offence... im just a wrist watch lover
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Switup: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
manitoba:
For years, I battled with Tooth problem. I already booked an appointment with my dentist for Root Canal removal before I stumbled on some informations that helped me halt the process. Firstly, I stopped using a popular Tooth paste o have always used(Hint: Red in colour and containing too much sugar). It is recomeneded that you use the top brand paste with fluoride and specific oil for protecting your teeth. Whenever the life threatening pain associated with tooth ache comes, I use pain killer on Prescription to reduce the pains from inflammation.(caveat: make sure you don't rely on this always as they have their side effect if abused). Baking powder. Coconut oil , clove oil and salt has always been helpful too. The danger in salt usage is that if you are not careful about it, it may result in over consumption of salt above the recommended Daily use and it's attendant health issues. I also noticed the incident occurs more during raining season . like the Op said, always brush twice daily . let the night brushing be after eating. Always ensure you give a thorough brushing to the affected teeth ( I found out the bacterial causing the decay fears such attack. Lols) Wishing you a quick recovery.
i appreciate this... thanx
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Etizz: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
Exactly what I am facing right now... My molar has a very deep hole in it.

Thanks
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by JoeShiGma(m): 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2018
skayT:
Go get Piroxicam 20mg from the pharmacy. Worked for me like magic.

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by Windflower(f): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
skayT:
get ginger and peel the back,put it on the affected tooth and chew like u're eating it. Spit the left over and repeat for three to four times.
get alcohol and put a considerable amount on the affected area,do not swallow. Hold for few minutes and spit out
You can also get this yorubas native toothbrush,use to brush for a while

1 Like

Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by BlissB(f): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
Zizy99:

Get Optifresh toothpaste. Holla me on 08159953258
Are you a dentist?
Re: Tooth Decay And Cavities by BlissB(f): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
So all this mouth wen day kiss each other na teeth wen get hole full inside......iyaman grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Outbreak Of COVID-19 In Azare, Bauchi — Ibrahim Baba Writes Buhari / Biography Of Dr Onyema Ogbuagu: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Researcher / Two Months After Fire Incident, Deaf Couple Yet To Get Medical Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.