Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. (413 Views)

Fiction: The Secret of Mara by I May End Soon / Your Perfume Is A Problem By I May End Soon / Read the fiction: My Big Girl Dream By I May End Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 03, 2018
Re: Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 03, 2018
Re: Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2018
CHAPTER THREE

(At the soldier’s apartment)

“Daddy, look at this man. He is here to attack me. He has even killed someone out there. This man is dangerous. Dad, do something!” the lady said.

Gareth was in fear. He felt that he was in trouble. He had to do something to save himself. Summoning some courage, in a bid to save himself, Gareth rushed to table to reach for the gun. Gareth got it! Opportunity! The gun was in his hand! Gareth pointed the gun at the soldier. But surprisingly, the man did not look afraid or troubled. All of a sudden, he burst out laughing.

“Shoot! Why don’t you shoot? Shoot it and let us see.” The soldier said.

Gareth did not understand. What was giving him such confidence? Why would he dare him to shoot? Gareth thought perhaps he was trying to scare him with that. Perhaps, it was a trick. Gareth decided he was not going to get intimidated. He was not going to fall for it if it was a trick. He was going to shoot! Gareth looked sternly at the soldier; fury and determination could be read from his face.

“I said shoot it. Come on, shoot!” said the soldier.

Gareth decided it was time. Gareth aimed at the man. He pulled the trigger to FIRE! But to Gareth’s surprise, there was no fire! The gun was empty of bullets! The soldier laughed at Gareth as Gareth looked like a fool. Gareth was thrown into fear. He did not consider fighting as an option. There were two individuals in the house. It was going to be two against one. And besides, he was in a soldier’s house. The thought that he was dealing with a soldier struck him with fear. What was he going to do? He would run!

Gareth dropped the gun and turned to escape. The soldier ran after him and caught up with him. Grabbing him from behind, the soldier lifted him and slammed him to the ground. What a strong man! That was the kind of man Gareth was dealing with. The soldier slammed Gareth to the floor and sat on him. Series of punch! Series of punch did the soldier deliver to Gareth who laid there on the floor without fighting back. He was weak! The lady stood there and watched what was going on. She knew the kind of man her father was. The soldier rose up and reached for the gun. He was feeling the moment! He was a soldier; he loved to fight! He was used to killing! He was familiar with the experience. The soldier got the gun and loaded it with bullets. He had bullets with him. And what would he do? He was going to add Gareth to his list; the list of people he had killed. The soldier pointed the gun at Gareth. Gareth looked at the gun and the thought of death struck his mind. Gareth was going to be finished! He had killed Becky. He had finished her. He was going to be finished too. Goodbye Gareth!

All of a sudden, something caused the gun to fall off the soldier’s hand and land on the floor. What happened man? Who did it? Where did that come from? It was Gareth! Gareth had kicked the soldier’s hand with his right feet as the soldier pointed the gun at him. And down on the floor did the gun go. That was Gareth! He was not going to give up! The bid to stay alive still continued! Without wasting time, Gareth got hold of the gun. And what happened man?

SHOT! SHOT!! SHOT!!!

“Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” the lady screamed!

With a terrified look, the lady gazed her father’s chest as blood flowed out of the three bullet holes on his chest. The soldier fell to the ground! Gareth had shot him thrice on his chest. Two on the list! Becky and the soldier had been killed by Gareth! Who was next?

Gareth lay there on the floor as he had become weak. The lady was terrified. Her father had been killed. The gun was in Gareth’s hand. She had no bulletproof. She had no weapon! What was she going to do? Escape! Run! Leave! The lady rushed towards the door to run out of the house.

“STOP THERE!!!” Gareth called after her.

The lady froze! She looked back and saw Gareth pointing the gun at her while still lying on the floor.

“If you make any attempt to run, three bullets from here would visit your skull. Now, move backwards.” said Gareth.

And backwards did she move; slowly and slowly. Gareth rose on his feet and moved closer to her. He grabbed her from behind and covered her mouth with his right hand and with his left hand; he touched her cheek with the gun.

“Now listen, young lady. I’m not going to kill you. But, I want you to do something for me. I want to get out of here and I want you to help me with a car. Is there a car you can give me?” said Gareth.

The lady nodded her head in the affirmative.

“Now, take me there. Where is it?” said Gareth.

She pointed towards the window signaling that it was in the compound.

“How about the key?” said Gareth.

The lady pointed to the key on the table and Gareth reached for it and got it. Gareth took to the girl out to the corridor. Becky’s body was still lying there. Gareth took the lady into Becky’s apartment to get his bag and then together, they went out to the compound. There were only two apartments in the house; that of Becky and that of the soldier. The lady showed a car to Gareth in the compound. It was night already. At the point of the gun, Gareth asked the lady to get into the car and start it to confirm if he had taken the real key to the car. So she did! Gareth confirmed it. He asked her to come out. After the lady got out, Gareth grabbed her hair with his left hand and touched her belly with the gun. The lady looked at him with fear. What was he going to do?

“Young lady, I am sorry I have to do this. The thought that you are alive won’t give me rest of mind. How can I be sure that you would not report me to the police?” said Gareth.

“Please, spare me. I promise you, I won’t report you. You can have the car. You can even have more cars if you want. I can even give you money; huge sum of money. Please, don’t kill me.” said the lady.

“Oh, young lady, I looked into your eyes and I could see your countenance as you said those words. You seemed like you mean it. You seemed like you are really going to keep to your promise. But, I am sorry, there is something in me that cannot just make me believe you; a feeling of doubt. I heard your voice as you spoke and you sounded convincing to my ears. But your words were not convincing enough to my heart. I cannot just believe you.” said Gareth.

“Please, don’t do this. Have you not done enough? You killed my father. You are going away with our property. Don’t you think you have done enough and just leave me alone?” said the lady.

“Oh, you see. That is it. You just reminded me. Considering those things you mentioned, I cannot just let go of you. You have reminded me that I killed your father. How can I leave you when I am not sure that you would not want to take revenge for the death of your father? Can you really be pleased with me for what I have done to you? Are you ever going to be happy with me? Are you going to ever want to willingly do good to me after what I have done to you? I am sorry I cannot just leave you. I have to do this. If I leave you, you will take steps towards making me pay for what I have done.” said Gareth.

“No! Please don’t do this. I promise you, I won’t. I will bear the pain. I don’t want you to pay for what you have done. You can go in peace. Please, spare my life.” said the lady.

“LIAR! You lie young lady. I cannot trust you. You will never be pleased with me. You will want me to pay for what I have done. You will!” said Gareth raising his voice.

“No. I would not. No!” said the lady raising her voice also.

“Young lady, I am sorry, I am going to do this. Goodnight!”

SHOT! SHOT!! The lady fell to the ground. Gareth went to open the gate. Afterwards, Gareth got into the car and drove off. Three lives lost!

Gareth drove to a hotel in the city where he spent the night.. Morning came, and Gareth was still in the hotel. He had not decided where to go from the hotel. He had some money with him. He had some clothes. And also, he had a gun! Gareth was lying on the bed in the room. Facing the ceiling, he was contemplating on what to do next. Then something happened in the room that caught his attention. What was it? The time was past 10 in the morning! Gareth gazed at the television in the room.

“Last night, three individuals were found dead in a house on Dennis street, George’s Island. Some of their neighbors claimed that they had heard gunshots coming from the house and one of them had called the cops. The police arrived the building to find the bodies of the three, one soldier and two ladies, lying dead in the house. However, the police were able to get a video displaying the killing of the soldier and the face of the killer as there were cameras planted in the house of the soldier. The police have said that if anyone sees the killer whose face will appear in the video that will soon be played for your view, the person should report to the nearest police station and help the police in getting him. They added that a handsome reward awaits such person. Please stay tuned. It is the news at ten in the morning.”

WHAT! Gareth was in trouble! Unknown to him, there were cameras in the soldier’s place. He had been caught on camera. It was on the news. It had been disseminated. Someone might see and recognize him and call the police! Someone might have recognized him as the one who had rented one of the rooms in the hotel. Perhaps, the police was coming for him but he knew not. Gareth felt it was dangerous for him to stay in that hotel. He had to get out as soon as possible! Gareth grabbed his bag and was going to leave the hotel room. He approached the door, opened it and got out. While at the corridor, Gareth thought of how he would get out. Which way was he going to take? While Gareth stood there in contemplation, a door opened before him. Gareth was engrossed in his thoughts and he did not pay attention to what was happening before him. All of a sudden, Gareth’s attention was caught by a loud scream.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Gareth looked at the direction and he saw the lady who had screamed looking terrified. What was she screaming at? Why did she scream? Gareth could not make out.

“He is here! The killer is here!” the lady said out loud.

It finally dawned on Gareth what she was talking about. The lady had recognized him. He was in trouble! In a bid to save himself, Gareth rushed towards the lady and grabbed her head. He covered her mouth with both hands as he quickly moved her into the room where the lady had come out from. Getting into the room, Gareth shut the door behind him. Gareth pushed the lady to the ground. She screamed for attention or help but she kept mum as Gareth pulled out his gun and pointed it at her, touching his lips with one finger of the other hand; asking her to keep shut.

“Silence!” He told her and the lady covered her mouth with one hand and nodded her head to show compliance. Silence was maintained in the room for a while. Gareth was waiting if he would hear someone coming. After being convinced that there was no one coming, Gareth turned to the lady.

“You want to expose me right?” said Gareth.

“I am sorry. Please, don’t kill me. I am going to scream no more. You can leave. I will not call anyone on you.” said the lady.

All of sudden, they could both hear footsteps. Both of them were silent! Who were they and where were they headed?

“Is this the room?” a voice said.

“Yes, room 14. He rented room 14 and this is it.” a receptionist in the hotel said.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

(No response)

“Are you sure he is inside here?” a voice said.

“No one has seen him leave this hotel today. He should be there. Perhaps, he is hiding.” said the receptionist.

“Hiding? We will get him today! Inspector James, get ready! We are going in now!” a voice said.

The door was opened and the four of them (two police officers, the manager of the hotel and a receptionist) went into the room. They could not find Gareth. Afterwards, they all came out of the room.

“So where could he be?” said a police officer.

“It seems this guy is trying to escape. No one has seen him leave this hotel. I am sure he is somewhere in this hotel. We should find him.” said the manager.

“In that case, we would search all the rooms in this hotel. I mean every single room. None must be left out.” said a police officer.

(Back in the room where Gareth and the lady were)

Both of them could hear the conversation. They were going to search all the rooms and the room where they both were was near them. Perhaps, the room was next in the search. Anytime from then, they could hear knocks on the door. Anytime from then, they could get hold of Gareth. Gareth looked at the lady and thought that she was a possible threat to him. That was an opportunity! She could scream and they would hear her and come into the room. If he shot the gun, they would hear the sound and come into the room. Besides, he heard one of them say they were going to search all the rooms. What was he going to do?

Gareth put back the gun into his bag and fell on his knees, surprisingly to the lady. He was going to plead with her to help him!

“Look here, I am sorry for whatever I have done to you okay? Please, I need your help now. Please cover me. Help me. I don’t want them to get me.” said Gareth.

“No, I don’t help criminals. I cannot cover you. You are wanted by the police. I cannot help you.” said the lady.

“Please, don’t do this. Okay, you know what? I have some money here. I am going to give you some money. Please accept it and help me.” said Gareth.

“Money? (She thought for awhile then she said) And how much are we talking about here?”

“Five thousand dollars!” Gareth said.

“Five Thousand dollars?”

(Awhile later)

Knock! Knock! Knock!!!

“Yes, I am coming.” said the lady.

The door opened and the four of them were let in.

“Sorry, how may I help you?” said the lady.

“Actually, these two men here are police officers and they are here to search your room.” said the manager.

“Search my room? For what?” said the lady.

“We are looking for the guy who rented room 14, a room which is near to this place. We could not find him in his room and no one has seen him leave this hotel. That means he must be somewhere in this hotel.” said the manager.

“Oh! But, I am sorry he is not here.” said the lady.

“Young lady, we have to search to confirm.” said a police officer.

“You can go ahead and search but I am sure he is not here.” said the lady.

“By the way, who is the lady on the bed?” said a police officer.

“She is my sister. And please try as much as possible not to disturb her. If not that you are police officers and performing you duty, I would not allow that someone would come in here and do something that can disturb her sleep. She is having a severe typhoid and she is on medications. Lying beside her on the bed right there are her drugs. She is having her rest now. So please try not to disturb her to avoid her condition being deteriorated. The typhoid is really severe!” said the lady.

The two police officers looked at each other and signaled some messaged across to each other.

“Young lady, don’t worry. We are not going to search your room. We cannot assure that we would not disturb your sister and we don’t want to deteriorate her condition. We are leaving.” said a police officer.

“Oh! Thank you very much. Thank you.” said the lady.

The four who had come in earlier went out of the room one after the other. The operation was successful. They did not get Gareth!

“Hey get up! They are gone.” said the lady.

“Oh! Thank you very much! What will happen next?” said the one she had called her sister (Gareth).

“You will stay here with me till night. Then together, we will leave this hotel at night. You will be having a lady’s dress and costume on you. If that receptionist or the manager sees us, to them, I am leaving with my sister. And that is how you will get out of here.” said the lady.

“Will it work?” said Gareth.

“Trust me, it will work. Just make sure you act your role well.” said the lady.

Night eventually came! It was time! Gareth and the lady were ready to leave. Was it successful? Were they going to get caught? Side by side did they walk until they both eventually left the hotel. Gareth was gone!

Where would Gareth go? He did not want to go back to his mother and sister. Gareth did not want to go to another hotel. His video had been disseminated. His face had been seen by people. He could get caught if he go rents a room in another hotel. Where would he go? After a while of wandering the streets, Gareth arrived at an area with various abandoned buildings. Gareth got into one of them. He eventually spent the night there.

END OF CHAPTER THREE
Re: Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2018
CHAPTER FOUR

The next morning, Gareth woke up. It was not long after he woke up that the thoughts of his situation dawned on him. He sat up on the floor and bowed his head. What was going to happen next? Where would he go from there? Gareth was there sitting on the floor as he thought about his life; his past. He had run away from home. Why would Gareth run away from home?

(Flashback) (At Gareth’s house)

Without knocking on the door or being given permission to enter, two men came into the living room from outside at Gareth’s house. Gareth was there in the parlor making use of his phone. Mum and Clara were absent. Gareth looked up to see these two men that walked in. Was he shocked? Yes, he was. Not because he did not know who they were but because he did not know why they had come neither had they informed him of their coming. Gareth looked at these two men and he recognized them. He rose from the couch to address them. Why were they there?

“Bottle, Razor, why have you guys come?” said Gareth.

“Gareth, where is the money?” said Bottle.

“The money? But I have talked this out with the boss. I have asked him to give me time.” said Gareth.

“The boss said the time is taking too long! What is happening? Where is the money?” said Bottle raising his voice.

“I will bring the money; I just need more time.” said Gareth.

“The boss is tired of that, he said. He wants you to give an explanation on how the goods could leave your possession without you getting the money in return. Is it not a business? Is it not a give and take operation? So why would you give without taking? Why would you give out the goods without taking something in return? Is that you are still a neophyte in this business and you have not yet mastered the art? Is it that the boss has not trained you enough? Or did he not supply you with the necessary things required for you to do the job? The boss wants you to explain.” said Bottle.

Gareth bowed his head for awhile and then he spoke.

“I have made a mistake. I have been a fool. I have been so foolish to have trusted him to that level. I did not see it coming.” said Gareth.

“What are you talking about?” said Bottle.

“Who did you trust?” said Razor.

“Mr. Carson! Mr. Carson is the one I am talking about.” said Gareth.

(Flashback)(In Mr. Carson’s house)

“So Mr. Carson, here are the goods. Do you have the money here so I can drop it?” said Gareth.

“First, let me have a look. Let me see what I want to buy.” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth placed the briefcase on a table in the house and opened it for Mr. Carson to see. Mr. Carson took one wrap of cocaine from the case and examined it. After a while of examination, he was satisfied with what Gareth had brought.

“Hmmm. This is good! But Gareth, you know what? I don’t have the money now.” said Mr. Carson.

“So that means we would see later. You can call me when you get the money.” said Gareth.

“No Gareth! No, don’t do that. We have been doing business for over quite some time now. On different occasions have you brought me goods and I have always given you your money on the spot. I wish I can do the same now but I don’t just have the money presently. However, I am expecting some money next week. Why don’t you drop the goods and when I get the money, I will call you to come for it.” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth thought for awhile. “Are you sure you would not disappoint?” said Gareth.

“Come on, trust me. We have been doing this for quite some time. Just relax! When the money comes, I will call you to come get it. Latest by next week’s Wednesday, I will give you a call.” said Mr. Carson.

“Okay, you can have it. But make sure you don’t disappoint. Good bye!” said Gareth.

Gareth walked out of the house. Days passed until it was a week, then another week followed. Gareth did not receive any call from Mr. Carson. No call! What was happening? Gareth was going to give him a call. Ring! Ring! Ring! Mr. Carson never picked. On different occasion did Gareth dial Mr. Carson’s number but there was no answer. Later, Gareth eventually heard a voice from the phone. Before it would ring but no answer. But eventually, he could hear a voice! Gareth would call Mr. Carson’s number and a voice would say “The number you have dialed is switched off.” Gareth was disturbed. What was happening? Perhaps, he had lost his phone. Perhaps, it was stolen. What was next? He would go to his house. Gareth went to Mr. Carson’s house and knocked on the big gate. After various knocks, someone attended to him.

“Yes, who are you and what are you looking for?” someone said.

“Really? Does that means you have not seen my face here?” said Gareth.

“Mister, answer the question! Who are you and why are you here?” said the gateman.

“I am Gareth and I seek Mr. Carson; the one who owns this house.” said Gareth.

“Oh! Sorry. You cannot see him.” said the gateman.

“Why? Is he not home?” asked Gareth.

“He is not home. He travelled.” said the gateman.

“Travelled? So where did he go?” said Gareth.

“I don’t know!” said the gateman.

“When will he be back? When should I come back for him?” said Gareth.

“You can check back after four months.” said the gateman.

“FOUR MONTHS? I cannot wait that long.” said Gareth.

“I am sorry. There is nothing I can do. He is gone and that is it. Check back after four months.” said the gateman.

“But….” said Gareth.

SLAM!!!

The gateman slammed the gate and locked it. Gareth felt he was in trouble!

(Flashback ends)

“What? How could you be so foolish?” said Bottle.

“Bottle, don’t talk like that. Mr. Carson was a regular customer and he had always paid on the spot in the previous dealings that we had. I thought I could trust him. I did not know it would turn out that way.” said Gareth.

Bottle and Razor looked at each other. Afterwards, they left the house without saying a word. Gareth called after them but none of them replied. Gareth did not feel okay. He was afraid! What was going to happen? What would the boss do?

The next morning, Gareth’s phone rang. He looked at the screen and The Boss appeared on it. Gareth was afraid! He picked the call.

“Hello boy!”

“Hello Boss. Boss, please, I am sorry. I am sorry for what I did.” said Gareth.

“Leave that talk boy! I have not even told you why I called.” said the boss.

“So why have you called?” said Gareth.

“I have thought about your case and I have decided something on it. I have something for you; a surprise!” said the boss.

“Surprise? What surprise is that?” said Gareth.

“Listen to this!” said the boss.

“Gareth! Gareth!” a voice called out.

“What! Becky?” said Gareth.

“Did you hear that?” said the boss.

“Boss, that is my girlfriend! What is she doing with you?” said Gareth.

“Shush young man! Now, listen to me. I am giving you a week! Just a single week for you to get me my money. Failure to bring me my money before a week passes, trust me, your girlfriend is gone!” said the boss.

“Boss, don’t do this. Don’t go to that extent. I will get you your money.” said Gareth.

“Gareth! You would not want to dare me! It is only a week! If you fail, you would not like it. Good day!” said the boss.

The call ended. Shortly after the call, Gareth dialed a number.

“Hello, Tony!” said Gareth.

“Yes, what’s up buddy? How are you?” said Tony.

Tony was also one of the guys working with Gareth’s boss but he was unaware of the issue.

“Bro, I am not alright. I am in trouble. I need your help.” said Gareth.

“Really?” said Tony.

“Yeah. Are you home?” said Gareth.

“Yes, I am.” said Tony.

“Okay. I am coming to your house now so we can talk.” said Gareth.

“Okay. I am expecting.” said Tony.

(At Tony’s house)

Gareth narrated his story to Tony and asked for his help.

“But wait, are you sure that man really travelled. Perhaps, that was a lie. He might not have travelled but is only playing games on you.” said Tony.

“But, how do I find out? I have not seen him and I cannot gain entry into his house.” said Gareth.

“Have you been monitoring his movements ever since you were told he had travelled? Have you gone back to that house or that street to monitor him or check on him?” said Tony.

“No, I have not. I have not been to his house or that street ever since when I conversed with the gateman.” said Tony.

“Gareth, we would go there. We would frequent that place. Perhaps, he is around and he told his gateman to tell you he had travelled.” said Tony.

“Okay! When are we going?” said Gareth.

“What time do you yourself think we should go? You know him more than I do.” said Tony.

“Let us go tomorrow afternoon,” said Gareth.

Gareth and Tony both went out for Mr. Carson. If possible, they wanted to get him?! What was the plan? Were they going to go knock on the gate and ask after him? No! They went hiding! Gareth and Tony went in a place around Mr. Carson’s house; perhaps they would see him or get some information about him. Hours passed; both were there and Mr. Carson’s figure never appeared. They were getting tired. Would they leave and go back another day? Is this idea of monitoring Mr. Carson going to work?

All of a sudden, Tony’s attention was drawn to something going on at Mr. Carson’s gate.

“Gareth, Look!” said Tony.

Both of them watched a car before the gate as the driver kept on pressing the horn repeatedly. Afterwards, the gate opened. The car was going to be driven in! Who was it? They were not sure. But that was an opportunity!

“Gareth! It is time! We are going in there now!” said Tony.

“But, I am not sure if that is Mr. Carson.” said Gareth.

“And this is a chance to find out. We have to grab this fast. Get on it! Follow me now!” said Tony.

Gareth and Tony jump out of their hiding place and rushed towards the gate that was already being closed. The gate was moving! The chance to get in was getting slimmer. Gareth and Tony ran fast to reach their goal.

BANG!

Unexpectedly, the gate forcibly moved. The gateman lost balance and fell back to the ground. Tony and Gareth stormed in. While in the compound, they both heard a voice.

“What is happening there?” a voice said.

It was coming from inside the car. The driver had heard the noise. What was happening in a house he had driven in? Was he safe? The driver stepped out of the car. And there he was! Gareth could recognize his face.

“You! I thought you had travelled. I was told to check back after four months the day I came here. Are you back?” said Gareth.

Unexpectedly, Mr. Carson gave a laugh. Gareth and Tony looked at each other in surprise.

“Gareth, I did not travel. I have been around all these while ever since our last meeting. I was the one who asked my gateman to tell you I travelled. I was actually laughing that you fell for the trick!” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth’s head got hot! What games was this man playing? What was he doing? Gareth looked angrily at the man. Furious; fierce were some of the terms that qualified how he looked. He was boiling! Gareth went straight to the point.

“Mr. Carson, where is my money?” said Gareth.

“Oh! You are actually here for the money. Awwn! It is such a pity.” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth was getting more furious at the way Carson was acting. Gareth felt he was making fun of him. Over Gareth’s money? What did Mr. Carson think he was doing?

“Well Gareth! Listen! I have no money to give you. Yes! The goods have become mine and they are mine forever.” said Mr. Carson.

“Carson, what are you talking about? What do you think you are doing?” said Gareth.

“Gareth, I am telling you now that I am not going to give you any penny. Bear it in mind that I owe you nothing. Now you two should get out of here now.” said Mr. Carson.

“Carson, you better think twice and think well. You have no idea what is coming for you if you try it. Trust me, you don’t want to do this.” said Gareth.

“You must be silly for addressing me in that manner. Is that a threat at me from you? How dare you!” said Mr. Carson.

“Carson, I am warning you. It would be peaceful if you cooperate. Just give me my money or the goods and we go in peace. But if you think you can go that way you are heading to, trust me, it would be bloody.” said Gareth.

“And I will show you both what you don’t know. I will do to you what you would not like. Gareth, read my lips! If what I will do to you does not claim your soul, trust me, you will live to regret that moment when you refuse to get out of here and forget the money.” said Mr. Carson.

“What are you going to do? Show me! Why don’t you leave talking and show me what you got?” said Gareth.

“Really?” said Mr. Carson.

“Yeah!” said Gareth.

At that Mr. Carson turned and went into his car. Afterwards, he came back with something. Facing Gareth and Tony, Mr. Carson pointed it at them.

“Look at this! This is no toy. This is real! Now I ask you both to get out of this house now or I will send various bullets on a message to your skulls.” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth and Tony were surprised and frightened. A gun was pointing at them with the man holding it threatening to shoot! What would it seem like if they received shots in their heads? Headshots! It was not going to be nice! Slowly Gareth and Tony turned and went out of the compound. All these while, the gateman was still down on the floor.

“Now you get up now and close that gate! And don’t you ever let them in here.” Mr. Carson said to the gateman.

Mr. Carson issued a command to his employee and turned to go into the house. The gatemen stood up to do as he had been commanded. They were gone and he was never going to let them in again! Goodbye Gareth and Tony!

All of a sudden, Mr. Carson heard noise behind him. Before he could turn to look at what was happening…

SHOT! SHOT!! Mr. Carson dropped the gun. He managed to look back and he could see the furious face of Gareth as he held and pointed a gun at him. Mr. Carson’s right arm bled from the two holes it had sustained. He got weakened. He fell to the floor. He crawled on the floor. He groaned in pain. Two bullets had hit him. He was in pain! Gareth stood there, pointing the gun at Carson while Tony went on to handle the gateman. Mouth sealed! Hands and legs chained! Done with him! Then they both of them faced Carson. They moved closer to him.

“Carson, where is my money?” said Gareth.

“Gareth, please spare my life. I have some money in the car. A huge sum of money! It should be enough to pay for your goods. It should even be more than enough! You can take it all. I want no change. Just take it and go!” said Mr. Carson.

Gareth signaled to Tony and Tony went to get the bag that contained the money in the car. They had gotten the money!

“Gareth, I have it now. Let us leave!” said Tony.

Tony called out to Gareth and asked that they leave the house. But Gareth was feeling something in his heart. He was not satisfied. He was not okay. He had not had enough. He wanted more. Carson was playing games on him. Carson was making fun of him. Carson had threatened to hurt him over the money that was not his. Gareth wanted him to pay more than what he had offered.

“Gareth, let us go. Delay could be dangerous. You don’t know who may be coming.” said Tony.

But Gareth was not satisfied! Something going on with his heart! Feelings! Feelings! Gareth looked angrily at Carson who was lying on the ground and wearing a pitiable face.

“Gareth, let us go!” Tony called out.

All of a sudden! GUNSHOT! GUNSHOT!! Gareth pulled the trigger twice! Blood flowed from the two holes on Mr. Carson’s head. Gareth had killed Carson! Tony was taken by shock. What!

“Why would you do that? We have the money so what else do you want?” said Tony.

“Tony, this man was trying to make a fool of me. He was playing games on me. He made fun of me! My heart could not just be satisfied with the money. I wanted more.” said Gareth.

“Gareth, you better control your anger. Now you have killed someone. The issue is more complicated. Gareth, it is a life we are talking about here. What do you know that will happen because of this that you have done? Let us get out of here now!” said Tony.

Gareth and Tony walked swiftly to the gate to exit the compound. As they got to the gate, all of a sudden, Gareth stepped back. Tony looked at him and could not make out why. What was he going to do again? Gareth looked angrily at the gateman. Afterwards, he moved close to him and grabbed him.

“You! You lied to me right? You and your boss were playing games on me. He is gone. You are going next! Idiot!” said Gareth.

SHOT! SHOT!! Gareth delivered two shots to his chest. The gateman died! Tony was agitated.

“What is wrong with you?” Tony said angrily.

“Come on, use your brain! He had seen me kill his boss. Is it safe for us to leave him and not kill him too? Tony, reason!” said Gareth.

“Let us get out of here fast!” said Tony.

Gareth and Tony got out of the compound and went off. Gareth had gotten the money!

END OF CHAPTER FOUR
Re: Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 03, 2018
CHAPTER FIVE

(At his boss’s house)

(Slams a bag containing the money on a table) “Here is your money! Now I want my girlfriend now!” said Gareth.

The boss laughed. “Your girlfriend? Of course, I will release her to you. There is nothing I want to do with her now that I have money. But are you sure my money is complete?” said the boss.

“You can check it out. It is complete. Release my girlfriend to me. And listen, I am calling it over between us. I am no more working with you guys. Let this work relationship end!” said Gareth.

“I beg your pardon?” said the boss.

“You heard what I said and I mean it.” said Gareth.

“Would you shush young man? Wait, what is wrong with you? Is that you are tired of life and you want to die? Do you want me to have your blood for dinner tonight? How dare you present yourself before me in that manner? And how dare you say you are calling it over between us! Are you out of your mind? Are you alright? Did you smoke weed before you came here? After all the things I have done for you; after picking you from the gutters and making you a man; after all what we have had together; you dare open your mouth and say you call it over between us? Is this a joke or what?” said the boss.

This is no joke. I mean it!” said Gareth.

“You are crazy! Now for your information, it is not over between us. It can never be over until I call it over. Unless, you are going to give back to me all what I have given to you, you cannot leave!” said the boss.

“But I also worked for you. You did not give me all that for nothing. I served you. What about my service? Look here, you cannot intimidate me. I have made up my mind. I am done with you guys and that is it! There is nothing you can do to stop me.” said Gareth.

“Look at this boy as he is moving towards his destruction! Look at him as he is calling upon trouble. Look at him as he is seeking to be destroyed! Does this boy not know that pepper is dangerous to the eye that he is calling that pepper be used as a towel for his face? This boy is seeking to pay a lion a visit; does he not know that he is giving himself as food to the lion? Gareth! I have a dragon; a dragon mighty, powerful and dangerous! If I unleash my dragon on you, trust me, your family members will cry over you!” said the boss.

“You can do nothing!” said Gareth defiantly.

SMASH! The boss smashed Gareth’s head with his staff. Gareth fell on his knees and held the spot in pain.

“How dare you! I can destroy you! I can make you breathe no more. It is me. Me! (Beats his chest) I can make you suffer! Arrrrrrgggghh!”

The boss was angry. He turned his back and gazed at the floor in anger.

“Bottle!” he called out.

“Yes boss!” said Bottle.

“This boy has called for trouble! I feel embarrassed and disgraced. He spoke to me in insubordinately. He downgraded me! He told me I can do nothing to him! You know what? All of you! Join hands and teach that boy a lesson! Let me hear him scream in pain. Do it until I ask you to stop. Do it now!” said the boss.

“Haa! Hao! Hao! Yeh! My head! My head! Yeeh! Haa!” Gareth said in pain as they delievered series of hits to him.

After some time, “STOP!” the boss said.. They all stopped. Gareth had been beaten! The boss moved closer to where his body was and placed a feet on his chest.

“Gareth, if you know what is good for you, report to this place by 9: 00 pm on Monday. Idiot!” said the boss.

The boss left! Becky was released and together with her boyfriend, they headed for Becky’s house.

(At Becky’s house)

Both were sitting on the bed in the bedroom. Gareth stood up from the bed and turned his back on Becky. He bowed his head and gazed at the floor. He was not happy!

“What is wrong with you?” said Becky.

“Becky, I am not happy!” said Gareth.

Becky smiled and got down from the bed. She went on to whisper into Gareth’s ears.

“Calm down, my love. Be happy; for I have found a way for us to become rich!” Becky whispered.

(At the boss’s house)

Gareth continued with his work with the boss and others involved. One day, Gareth was in the boss’s house. He was in the living room with some other guys and they were discussing business. While they were there, the boss appeared in the living room from inside.

“My wife is having a problem with her phone and I don’t understand. Is there anyone of you who wants to help her out?” said the boss.

Gareth did not want to. But some thoughts struck his mind and afterwards, he became interested. What was he thinking about? Why did he eventually want to help?

(Flashback) (At Becky’s home)

“A way for us to get rich? What are you talking about?” said Gareth.

“Listen Gareth. While I was at your boss’s place. I was kept in a room that was close to the bedroom where your boss and his wife sleeps. While I was there, I overhead your boss telling his wife the pin of his debit card. The pin is 1988. I heard it clearly.” said Becky.

“And what has that got to do?” said Gareth.

“Gareth use your brain! This is an opportunity for us to be rich.” said Becky.

“How? I don’t understand.” said Gareth.

“This is it. You are going to find a way to steal that debit card. When you get it, you will bring it down here. Then we will go to an auto teller machine, insert the card, input the PIN and then do a transfer. We will transfer money from his account into the account of any of us. And that is how we will become rich!” said Becky.

“Great! Good idea! But wait, will I still go back there? Is it not risky for me to still be going there being the one who did the job? What if they somehow get to know or get suspicious of me that I did it?” said Gareth.

“Look at this boy. If we have a huge sum of money in our possession, what work do you still want to go continue there? If this operation is successful, there is no more work you would go there to do. Gareth, when we eventually get the money, we will run!” said Becky.

(Flashback ends)

“I will help her.” Gareth said and he stood up, looking ready.

“Okay! Now go in to meet my wife and help her. I am going out!” said the boss.

And off did Gareth go into his boss’s bedroom. He was going to meet his wife and more importantly, to get the card. But it was unsuccessful. His boss’s wife was there. How was he going to take it? Gareth did not succeed that day!

One day, the boss’s wife was taken to the hospital. She was showing signs of sickness. Perhaps, she had fever! They went to the hospital. Some tests were run and the results came out. They both went home. Back at home, there was a confrontation!

“Alice, who go you pregnant?” said the boss.

“What do you mean? Are you joking or what? Of course, you got me pregnant.” said Alice. (Alice was his wife’s name)

“Alice, tell me the truth. Who got you pregnant? I know why I am asking.” said the boss.

“Bob, you are really trying my patience. What do you mean? I am your wife and I got pregnant for you. I hope this is not a way of you rejecting this pregnancy?” said Alice.

“Alice, I have not been able to impregnate you for over two years.” said Bob. (The boss was Bob)

“And it has eventually happened. I expect you to be happy about it.” said Alice.

“Alice, I have infertility problems.” said Bob.

“What?” said Alice.

“Yes. I have low sperm count. The chance of me impregnating a woman is low. Alice, where did you get your pregnancy?” said Bob.

“But…. But, it can still happen. It is not totally impossible trust me, Bob. You got me pregnant.” said Alice.

“I am not yet convinced, Alice.” said Bob

Bob rose from the bed and went on to open a drawer. Afterwards, he pulled out a pistol and pointed it at Alice. Alice fell on knees at the sight of the gun being pointed at her.

“Alice, who got you pregnant?” Bob asked.

“Trust me Bob, you are the one. You got me pregnant. Please, believe me.” said Alice.

“Alice, I am giving you till the count of five. Tell me who got you pregnant or you are gone after the count of five. Five!” said Bob.

“Haa! Please don’t do this. Don’t let this happen between us. You got me pregnant, believe me.” said Alice.

“Four!” said Bob.

“Haaaa! Bob, please believe me. You are the one.” said Alice.

“Three!” said Bob.

“Bob No! Stop! Trust me, you are the one. There is no one except you. You did it.” said Alice.

“Two!” said Bob.

“Okay! Okay! I will confess. I will confess. Please Bob, hold it. Don’t do it.” said Alice.

“The count is still on. What confession have you got to make?” said Bob.

“I have cheated on you with someone?” said Alice.

“What?” said Bob.

“Yes. It happened. But it was only once.” said Alice.

“And with who was that?” asked Bob.

“Erm… ermmm.”

“I will send bullets in your skull if you don’t talk now. With who was it?” Bob said in a louder, stronger voice.

“Ga… Gareth!” said Alice.

For some time while Bob and Alice were in the bedroom, something was happening at the other side of the door of the bedroom but they both knew not. Gareth was there! He had been listening. Immediately after he heard Alice say ‘Gareth’, Gareth left there and headed back to the living room. Gareth was going to run!

(Back at the bedroom with Bob and Alice)

“What? How dare you? When did it happen?” said Bob.

“That day! That day you had sent him to come help me with my phone. While we were together, we were close. And we were moved. And something eventually happened between us. I am sorry Bob. I did not initially intend to. I just could not control myself when I fell into that situation. Please forgive me.” said Alice.

Bob looked at Alice with a sorrowful look on his face. He went to the door and placed his left arm and forehead against it. For the first time you would ever come across in this story, Bob cried! The boss! The guy who claimed he had a dragon; a dragon mighty, powerful and dangerous. Yes, that same person. He cried! He felt sad! Tears! Tears! Cry! Cry! Anyways, the gun was still in his right hand.

“Bob, please forgive me. I am really sorry. Please! I will go abort the pregnancy. Please, don’t…. Haaa! Haaa! Haa!”

Hey! What happened man? Why the “Haaa! Haaa! Haaa!”? Ahh! There it was! Bob gazed at the three holes on his wife’s belly as blood flowed from the three spots. No forgiveness! She was going to die. And he did kill her! Awhile later, Bob went out of his bedroom and stormed into the living room.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No man should be alone with a woman unless there is a mahram with them.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1862) and Muslim (1341).

Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar(rA) reported that the Prophet (saw) said:
“Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgement: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth.” (Ahmad)
Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit sexual relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires.

The Prophet of Islam (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man is alone with a woman but the Shaytaan will be the third one present.”

“Where is that boy called Gareth?” said Bob.

“Gareth? He ran out some minutes ago. I called after him but he did not answer. Besides, we heard some sounds from inside. Hope no problem boss?” said Bottle.

“He ran out? Now, how many of you are around?” asked the boss.

“Just these three of us. No one else.” said Bottle.

“Now, you three, go after that boy and get him. Get hold of him; hold him down. Give me a call when you have gotten him and I will tell you what to do next? Now move! Go after him now!” said the boss.

(Flashback ends)

Gareth was still sitting on the floor in that abandoned building; thinking about his life. Tears! Tears rolling from his eyes. His life! What was he going to do next? Gareth got his phone and switched it on. He was going to call Tony!

END OF CHAPTER FIVE
Re: Another Fiction Release: Gareth By I May End Soon. by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 03, 2018
CHAPTER SIX

(At the hospital; with Clara and Gareth’s mum)

You remember what was done to Gareth’s mother? Do I need to remind you?

(Flashback)

“What did he say?” asked Razor.

“He has asked us to do to Gareth something like Gareth did to him.” said Bottle.

“And what is that?” asked Bullet.

“Rape his mother!” said Bottle.

(Flashback ends)

After what they did, Gareth’s mother’s health got affected. She was taken to the hospital. She had become weak! While in the hospital, Gareth’s mum lay on the bed in a ward and Clara was seating beside the bed. The doctor had attended to her. As Gareth’s mum lay on that bed, there were thoughts! Thoughts! Memories! Of some events of her past!

(Flashback)

Gareth was in the living room eating. Gareth’s mother arrived the living room from inside and was standing behind Gareth. Gareth was not aware that his mum was there. Gareth’s mum watched Gareth as he ate. All of a sudden, Gareth could hear someone clap hands.

“See. Glutton of life! Look at your life. All you know is sleep, wake up and eat! Doing nothing productive with your life! Morning, afternoon, night, even if you have the chance in the midnight, you will eat.” said Gareth’s mum.

“Mum, what is it? What is wrong in me eating? Please, leave me alone. I don’t want trouble this afternoon.” said Gareth.

“Look at this boy. What is wrong in you eating? That food you are eating, did you get it with your money? Am I not the one feeding you? Look here, I am tired! I am tired of spending on you. Go and look for work. Start earning money too. Bring home money for me like some other children do to their mothers. Lazy bone!” said his mother.

“But, mum, I have tried. I have tried to get a job. I have not gotten one with a reasonable pay. Mum, try to understand. It is not that I am being lazy. I am trying.” said Gareth.

“Looks like you are not trying enough. I can see some other young men like you going to work and earning money. I know of some that bring home money for their parents; spend on their parents. Look at John for example, you know he bought a car for his mum last week.” said Gareth’s mother.

“(Laughs) Mum, you are talking about John. Do you know who John is? Do you know what he does?” said Gareth.

“What does he do? He is working and earning money; that is what I know.” said his mother.

“Mum, John is into chache chache! If you don’t know, get it into your skull!” said Gareth.

SLAP! Gareth’s mum moved closer to him and gave him a hot slap from behind.

“You don’t talk to your mother like that, silly goat! Don’t talk to me like that. I did not say that to my own mother, idiot!” said his mother.

“Sorry mum!” Gareth said as he rubbed the spot.

“Nonsense! By the way, which one is chache chacheI” said his mother.

“You see! You don’t even know what it is. John is into yahoo yahoo, wire wire, all join!” said Gareth.

“Yahoo Yahoo? Wire Wire? Chache chache? All join? What do they mean?” said his mother.

“Mum, John is a fraudster. He is a scammer. That is how he makes his money.” said Gareth.

“What? Is that true?” said his mother.

“Yes. I am sure. That is what he does. Some of these boys that you see bringing money home and spending on their parents, buying cars and building houses, you don’t know what they do to make money. Some of them are fraudsters! Some are drug pushers. Some are even do money rituals. Look mum, please leave me alone and let me enjoy my food. I will continue to look for a job with a reasonable pay.” said Gareth.

Gareth continued with his food. Behind him was his mother who was in contemplation. She thought for a while and what she said next took Gareth by shock!

“Why don’t you go and do one of them too!” said his mother.

Shock! Gareth paused! He turned back to look at his mum in his surprise. What did he just hear? His mother looked back at him.

“Ehn ehn? I said it! Go and try any of them!” said his mother.

“Mum, I said fraudsters; drug pushers; money rituals! Do you really want me to go do any of that?” said Gareth.

“Look here, I don’t even care how you are going to do it or what you are going to do. What I want is for you to bring home money for me too. I am tired of spending on you. Spend on me too! Buy me things too. Bring home money for me. That is what I want! And listen, I am giving you one week! Just one week! After one week, if you don’t tell me that you have gotten a job or something that will be fetching money for you, there is no more food for you in this house!” said his mother.

Gareth’s mother hissed and went back inside, leaving Gareth in the living room. Gareth looked after his mother as she went. He became troubled. He felt he was under pressure! What was he going to do? Gareth went into contemplation.

(Flashback ends)

Gareth mother lay on the bed there as she thought. Soon afterwards, something started going wrong in her system.

Raising and educating children is one of the duties required of parents. Allaah has enjoined that in the Qur’aan, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also enjoined that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allaah, but do that which they are commanded”
[al-Tahreem 66:6]

(From islamqa.info)

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave the parents the responsibility of raising the children and made that obligatory upon them.
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock. The ruler is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock. A man is the shepherd of his family and is responsible for his flock. A woman is the shepherd of her husband’s household and is responsible for her flock. A servant is the shepherd of his master’s wealth and is responsible for his flock.” He said: and I think he said, “A man is the shepherd of his father’s wealth and is responsible for his flock. Each of you is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 583; Muslim, 1829.

(From islamqa.info)

(Back at the abandoned building where Gareth was)

Gareth switched on his phone and was going to phone Tony. But before he could do that, his phone rang. Clara’s name appeared on the screen. NO! He did not want to pick. He did not want to talk to any of them, mother or sister. Gareth did not answer. And again, the phone rang! Reluctantly, Gareth picked up.

“Hello Clara!” said Gareth.

“Hello Gareth! Where have you been? What happened? I have been calling your phone but it was switched off. Where are you now?” said Clara.

“Clara, leave that for now. Is that why you have called? How is mum?” said Gareth.

“Mum? Mum is the reason why I have called.” said Clara.

“Really? What about her?” said Gareth.

“Gareth, mum is dead!” said Clara.

“What?” Gareth said.

“Yes, she is dead!” said Clara.

“How come? What happened?” said Gareth.

“On that day that you left the house, three men came in after you left. I remember the names of two of them. Bottle and Razor!” said Clara.

“Bottle and Razor! And what did they do?” said Gareth.

“Bottle received a call from someone he called boss and he was told that the three of them should rape our mother.” said Clara.

“What? And what happened?” said Gareth.

“They did it. The three of them.” said Clara.

“Haa! SO my mum is now dead?” said Gareth.

“Yes, she is! She was brought to this hospital I am now. Now, she is dead!” said Clara.

“Noooooooooooooooo!!!” Gareth yelled!

Gareth slammed the phone on the ground!

“Arrggggghhh! Bob! You will pay for this! I am coming for you!” Gareth said.

Gareth reached for the bag and put out the clothes in it. Remaining in the bag was some money and the… Gun! Gareth got out of the building and went on a road. How was he going to get to Bob’s place. Was far from there, he knew! Was he going to trek? When was he going to get there if he trekked? Did he even know the way? Gareth look left and right and his sight caught a Camry car that was coming slowly. It seemed like that driver was going to park. At the sight of that, something ran through Gareth’s mind. A chance! Grab it!

Gareth waited until that car was packed, then he moved closer to the car. Putting his hand in the bag, Gareth brought out the gun and pointed it to the driver from the car window. The woman was terrified at the sight of what was pointing at her!

“Please, don’t kill me. What do you want?” said the woman.

“It is very simple. I am not going to kill you. Just walk out of this car. I am taking the car!” said Gareth.

“My car? Awwn! Please don’t do this. I can give you some money! I can….” said the woman.

“Silence woman! Get out of this car now or I will kill you and will still take the car. Make your choice!” said Gareth.

“Okay! You can have the car. Take the car!” said the woman.

The woman stepped out of the car.

“Where is the car key?” asked Gareth.

“It is there. I have not taken it.” said the woman.

Gareth got into the car, but the woman was not done.

“Please, do me a favor. Let me have that bag. I have some important things in it. Don’t take it away!” said the woman

SLAM! Gareth slammed the bag against the floor beside the woman. He was not interested in whatever was there. He wanted the vehicle and that was it! Start! Hands on steering! Off! And the woman watched as her own car was being driven off! Someone had taken her car from her! What an experience!

(At Bob’s house)

At Bob’s house the gate was wide open. Some people were in the compound. Some were inside. Bob had several people working with him and at that time, some of them were around!

“Henry! Please, come here!” One of them called on another and the one who was called stood and walked towards the one who had called him. All of a sudden, VOOOM!!! A car drove into the compound!

Henry was knocked down! Gareth had hit him! The other guys who were in the compound all rose on their feet. What was happening? The guys stood where they were gazing at the car. Who was in it? They were curious to know. But the driver did not show up! Afterwards, one of them summoned the courage and moved towards the driver’s side of the car. The screens were winded up. He could not have a view of who was it. Knock! Knock!! Knock!! He knocked on the glass. And slowly the glass went down. He was going to see who it was, he thought!

Shot! Shot!! All of a sudden! The guy fell to the ground. All the other guys got alarmed. It was no joke! It was serious! The ones who could have the view saw the guy who had been shot as blood flowed from his chest! All of them were frightened. Afterwards, one of them decided he was going to go in. To inform the others inside! Something was happening in the house!

SHOT! SHOT!! And down did he go! How many were up? Four of them! Gareth took his calm for a while and thought. Gareth thought and he concluded! And from the windscreen of the car came the bullets! One! Two! Three! Four! What a target! All headshots! One after the other, they fell after they had received it. Now, no one was up. It was time to get down! It was not over yet!

Gareth got down from the vehicle and headed towards a door. He was going in! Meanwhile, the people who were inside had been hearing gunshots and they could sense that something was going on in the house. As Gareth wanted to get in, he met one of them on the way; who was on his way to go check what was happening outside. Without wasting time, Gareth finished him! Minus One! He was still counting! Who was next? Gareth stormed into the living room! Upon getting there, Gareth could not see anyone. Gareth stood there and his gaze went different places. Gareth did not see anyone. Perhaps, there was no one else except the boss! What next? HE should go in unto him! He should finish him!

All of sudden, Gareth felt something hard touch him at the back of his neck!

“Freeze! Now drop that gun in your hand and get on your knees. Otherwise, I will blow off your head!” someone said. Gareth could recognize the voice. It was Bottle!

Gareth heaved a sigh. He had been gotten! They were going to finish him.

“Drop the gun now!” Bottle said. There were two other with him. Razor was there! Bullet was present! Gareth bent to drop the gun on the floor. All of a sudden!

Shot! Shot! Shot! Gareth closed his eyes! Was he dead? Or he was still alive but injured? Afterwards, Gareth opened his eyes. What happened man? Looking at his back, Bottle, Razor and Bullet were down on the floor. Blood flowing out from behind their heads! Who did it?

“Tony! You are here!” said Gareth.

“Yes, I am.” said Tony.

“Oh! (heaved a sigh). Thanks for coming. I had been gotten.”

Tony was going to say something but was stopped by something that hit him. Afterwards, Tony fell to the ground. Two sounds! Two bullets! Two holes! Gareth was shocked and frightened. Who did it? Where did it come from? Gareth heard someone laugh. He looked at the direction and he saw someone he could recognize well! That was the man!

“GARETH! What a brave move from you! Oh! Look at you, boy. You tried! You tried! I give kudos to you for what you have done already. But trust me, you are ending today!”

Gareth was boiling! Furious! Angry! Gareth raised the gun and pointed it at Bob, the boss. A master against his servant! What a moment!

“Bob, you are the one who is ending today! I have come for your blood. I have never seen it. What does your blood look like? My heart longs to know. My heart is itching seriously to know! And trust me, today and not tomorrow, I will give it what it desires. I will never disappoint it. You will die today!” said Gareth.

“Gareth! Have you ever seen a sheep going into a lion’s den and coming back untouched? You have come into my den and I will bathe you with your own blood! Gareth, perhaps, you have missed your grandfather. It has been long since you saw him. I will send you on an errand to go say hello to him. But it is so unfortunate that you will go and never come back!” Bob said and raised his own gun too and pointed it at Gareth.

Both were now pointing their guns at each other. Who was going to die that day? Who was going to remain? Should the story end here? Perhaps, something occurred to their hearts and they both hugged each other and their relationship went smooth again. Wait! If they went back on good terms, what about Gareth’s mother that had died? What about Tony that he had killed? And what about Bob’s workers that Gareth had also killed? If they decided to go back on good terms, would they keep to it? Hmmmm!

SHOT! SHOT!! Ehhhh! Who did this time oo? Who died? Both of them died! Gareth pulled the trigger and shot the gun. And so did Bob. Bob received a bullet in his chest. And so did Gareth. Gareth fell to the ground and died! And so did Bob! Bob, Gareth, Tony, Becky, Gareth’s mother, Alice, Bottle, Bullet, Razor and some other guys; All were dead!

{Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.} [16:97].
{And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life} [Ta-Ha 20:124].

THE END

(1) (Reply)

Libreoffice Serial Key / Adventures Of Betty [2] / “I Never Sent To Her” By Mosope Akinrinmade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.