Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,691 members, 7,854,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Should Christians Be Involved In Politics? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Be Involved In Politics? (243 Views)

Christians: Be Careful... How I Was Almost Initiated. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Be Involved In Politics? by Hier(m): 7:05am On Jun 03, 2018
Nigeria is gradually becoming unsafe for the present and future generation and I must confess that religion is really killing a lot of Christian.

By religion, I mean, we many times have an half baked understanding of what God is saying about a thing at a time, or place or event.

It really breaks my heart to see people praying that we should have good leaders, yet they won't not participate in politics.

Politics over the past few years have been bombarded and would be bombarded by some unscrupulous element and unless some concerned Nigerian(Muslim and Christian faithfuls) arise to take the staff of leadership position, I really wonder what would become of the future.

We all pray for our country, but I believe this is time we need to start building and conservation conscious.

Nigeria population is about 200 million right now, and we are complaining, now, its a fool that leaves his house burning and goes to another man's house to help him put out their own fire. Many Nigerian believe they would run out of the country and my question to you is, how many of us would keep running to the developed countries.

Those developed countries started underdeveloped and they grew to developing until they finally were developed. What was the difference? Human resource management, Nigeria as at today is blessed with multi talented youth which we at NYP believes can make this country great.

Many have said, the youth are inexperience and might not be capable to rule the country, that's a blatant lie from the pit of hell.

We can't continually have politicians who spends to loot at the helm of affairs. We all should stop collecting money from those politicians, I quite understand there is hunger in the land, but things might get worse if after collecting #5,000 to vote and a T shirt and other material gift which thousands would get. The next question we should be asking ourselves is, how do they get their money back?

There are so many things to be displeased about, but the truth is, my friends and I believe we can all make a difference, we can form a party, fund a party, and build a masses party that is free from godfathers, where those we put in power would be accountable to the masses not a few billionaires who funded their campaign.

Yeah, we have prayed, but the Bible said, work and pray. We can't continually keep praying without working, this is the time you need to get a PVC, and seen I believe your PVC still dey there, looooool, we all need to vote these ruling party out and yea, Sowore is the president come 2019, I pray Sowore join Nigeria Youth Party because we share a lot of ideologies and together, we can take Nigeria Back. Thank You
Re: Should Christians Be Involved In Politics? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 03, 2018
Yes they should be. When the righteous is on the throne the people rejoice

(1) (Reply)

Holy Spirit Travel / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/06/18 / Before This Time Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.