Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives (10741 Views)

FG Pledges More Dollar Supply To Stabilise Naira / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by OdionAkghigbe: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
The growing investor confidence in Edo State, stemming from market-oriented reform designed to drive industrialisation, has earned the state yet another $500 million auto assembly plant deal from Chinese investors.

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, disclosed this during a working visit on Saturday, to Time Ceramics Company Nigeria Ltd, manufacturers of floor tiles at Utesi Community in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of the state.

Obaseki explained that his administration is vigorously pursuing the goal to turn the state into an industrial hub and a major investment corridor by strengthening the state's security architecture and reform of critical business-support institutions to improve the ease of doing business.

He noted that already, his team's efforts are yielding results and assured that with the new interest to set up an auto assembly plant in the state, more job offerings are on the way.

"Several Chinese companies are already operating in the state. In a few weeks from now, we will be hosting the investors who want to set up a vehicle assembly plant in Benin City to discuss details of their investment," the governor said.

He added that the confidence of the Chinese investors in Edo State is also as a result of the success stories of Time Ceramics and other Chinese investments in the state.

He noted that more incentives are being packaged for existing and potential investors as part of strategies to woo more investors to the state.

After a tour of Time Ceramics, the Managing Director Huang Shi Bin, expressed delight at the governor's support for private investors and his commitment to their success in the country.

He appealed to the governor to help speed up the development of the Benin River Port, which he said would make it easier for them to access the international market, where the demand for their products is increasing.

Bin pledged to support the developmental efforts of the state government through the creation of jobs for Edo youth and quality products for the local market.

PHOTO 1:
L-R: Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Chief Taiwo Akerele; Governor Godwin Obaseki; Public Relations Officer, Time Ceramics Nigeria Ltd, Nicole Zhang; Commissioner for Wealth Creation, Cooperatives and Employment, Hon. Emmanuel Usoh, during the governor’s tour of facilities at Time Ceramics Nigeria Limited, in Utesi, Ikpoba-Okah Local Government Area, Edo State, on Saturday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by NwaNimo1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
The chinko woman looks like a gangster....... who has come to rob Edo.

30 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by OdionAkghigbe: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
PHOTO 2:
R-L: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (second left); Public Relations Officer, Time Ceramics Nigeria Ltd, Nicole Zhang (left), during the governor’s tour of facilities at the company, in Utesi, Ikpoba-Okah Local Government Area, Edo State, on Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by OdionAkghigbe: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
OTHER PHOTOS FROM THE VISIT:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by OdionAkghigbe: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
AND MORE..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by frayozzz: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
You cant take it away from him; this man is working.

And I say this again... Nigerians should watch out for this Obaseki, he will go places in governance, definitely.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by deomelo: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
frayozzz:

And I say this again... Nigerians should watch out for this Obaseki, he will go places in governance, definitely.

Agree with you 100%.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
Edo has never had it so good,

See how everything is falling into shape,
He had a Blueprint of his vision, while penning down his manifesto, To realize it's manifestation, he assembled a strategic economic team, then he swung into action,

Economic diplomacy,
Economic summit and follow up,
Access to Critical infrastructure,
Security,
Strategic policy implementation,

From settling the fiasco between the ijaw and edo gelegele communities to seeing to the completion of the azura edo ipp 450mw, To mapping out industrial Park and creating access roads, to opening a one stop shop for investors, whereby, land documentation, c of o, incentives, tax holidays etc were flung onto the faces of investors while delays were mitigated, To persuade the prospective investors, there were follow ups and pragmatic commitment, it didn't end at the roundtable of the economic summits and the seeds sown not too long ago is blossoming to fruition, that is what I call a go-getter.

For the sake of development, can we all learn from obaseki irrespective of party, tribe, Creed, religion and what have have you.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 04, 2018
Mhen i am so proud of this my state..

Even though edo hate apc nigeria and presidency but we love what we drive our state forward.

lalasticlala mynd44.Please move it to fp

7 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by abumeinben(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2018
I'm beginning to have a rethink about this man

SirBunky85:
ur thinking,re thinking and post thinking dey inconsequential in d scheme of things

Thanks for stopping by bro. Do you care for a drink?

3 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2018
All on papers not reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by oshe11: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2018
Hmmmm......

Nice
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by snazzy5050(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
All on papers not reality.

i hope those photos are also on papers undecided

6 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2018
WOREFA
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by evansjeff(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2018
God bless you my Governor.

Edo has been blessed with good governors back to back. From Oshio to Obaseki.

Who fine governors help?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2018
snazzy5050:
i hope those photos are also on papers undecided
rubbish.

I know that factory it's a total waste of time.

Edo is not working. A Benin man can't make Edo proud

Since oshomo-ole stirs his and Benin people against my people but they gonna fail.

It's not time for binis to rule, this government of binis gonna fail
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by CoolAmbience(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2018
frayozzz:

You are very correct.

It is easy to access him via email and he has a proactive media team.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Seedorffay: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2018
Very good development. The guy is really trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2018
I have always known him to be a dogged and ruthless achiever.

Thank God that thieving PDP candidate lost out. Edo is better for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by MrGreenMavro: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2018
grin
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by snazzy5050(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
rubbish.

okay...stay off my mention

3 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by activistjohnny(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2018
nice one from the governor.

1 Like

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by evansjeff(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Irrespective of party affiliations, this man is seriously on track

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2018
Bitter soul. It's like gangrene in your bones.

It'll eat you out soon.

Princeofnigeria:
rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by SirBunky85(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2018
abumeinben:
I'm beginning to have a rethink about this man
ur thinking,re thinking and post thinking dey inconsequential in d scheme of things
Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by evansjeff(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
rubbish.

Who is this goàt?

4 Likes

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Abbeyme: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2018
People comman hear good news o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2018
I just hope some folks won't get angry that a new vehicle assembly plant is about to be set up. They expect that only their son should assemble vehicles and others will only do so out of envy or to take him out of business

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Set To Seal $500m Vehicle Assembly Plant, As Obaseki Pledges More Incentives by Houseofglam7(f): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2018
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Boss Removes Defaulting Banks From Duties Collection / PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today / President Jonathan Leaves For London Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.