Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,479 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z (3615 Views)

[download] 2face Idibia – Chinese Freestyle Ft. Jay Pee & Bebe Sumthin’ / Free Mason. Rick Ross Ft Jay Z. Download. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by obinna5000(m): 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
@chiogo
"Not Lost" B.O.B. did with T.I. should have been in his album. It was tight.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
chiogo:

I really don't understand your logic on him needing his songs to be catchy to succeed. Don't all artistes do that?
By succeed I mean 'make good music'. So, since he can't make good rap music, he sings, to make bad pop music. grin

They just use different methods, like the 50 cent analogy I gave you; dude makes his songs catchy with his beats and his "singy" rap style. It's his style - I would know a song by him just by hearing his beat/voice. Same sh[i]i[/i]t.
It's called flow.  tongue
In Da Club wasn't singy, only the chorus to Many Men was a little sing-songy, my personal favourite on the album, Heat was not singing, even 21 Questions, he pulled the singing off well, but his verses were good. The rest of the songs, such as Blood Hound, Back Down, etc weren't sing-songy. The reason 50 fell off is because his lyrics got worse after ever album, and Dre couldn't save him anymore. They weren't catchy enough, and the verses were weak. Even The World Is Yours had singing in it. I loved Luda's One More Drink. Even T-Pain's verse and chorus. I don't mind singing. I mind singing when it's followed by crappy verses.

I agree the verses on Nothing on you were short. . . .but he really didn't sing that much if at all he did, Bruno Mars did most of the singing and sometimes B.o.B just repeated after him. And how come you're focused on this one song? What about Bet I, did he sing on that one too?
It's a bonus track, "Satellite" too.  But umm, you couldn't download it if you wanted to anyway lol. Just listen to it though.

He didn't sing so much in "Not lost(with T.I.). Well, the song isn't on the album but it should have been.
It wasn't, maybe it was too 'Rap', not 'Pop'. lol
And I'm not going out of my way to listen to B.o.B. Until his next album.

Have you seriously ever listened to B.o.B and been like 'damn, that was a sick verse'? That's my major problem with his album. He just can't RAP. If he was singing, and dropping hot verses, do you think I'd hate on him?

And his leaving it off his album says alot about his ability to craft an album. If Nas dropped the 9 Illmatic tracks separately in 9 years would he be regarded as the legend he is? Albums are used to judge your ability, not tracks and hooks from here and there, that's why there's alot of pressure to make them perfect.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
obinna5000:

@chiogo
"Not Lost" B.O.B. did with T.I. should have been in his album. It was tight.
Yup, it is. T.I. killed it too.
"Chasing me like chasing your tail your never gon catch it" cool

hax:

By succeed I mean 'make good music'. So, since he can't make good rap music, he sings, to make bad pop music. grin
Umm, I knew that. Yeah sure, in all the songs I listed, he sang in all of them.

hax:

It's called flow.  tongue
Eff you. tongue

hax:

I loved Luda's One More Drink. Even T-Pain's verse and chorus. I don't mind singing. I mind singing when it's followed by crappy verses.
Oh really? And it's your opinion still lol. He's on the top charts. cheesy

hax:

Have you seriously ever listened to B.o.B and been like 'damn, that was a sick verse'?
Yes, I have. Bet I and co. tongue

That's my major problem with his album. He just can't RAP. If he was singing, and dropping hot verses, do you think I'd hate on him?
I don't know but then, it's hax. You hate on Drake too and then you write essays defending him. I still love you. grin
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
chiogo:

Eff you.  tongue
Yes, we should do that soon. tongue

More of effing than arguing about talentless hacks. hax doesn't like listening to hacks. tongue

I don't know but then, it's hax. You hate on Drake too and then you write essays defending him. I still love you.  grin
I hate on him a little, I don't HATE him. I see him as average. I listen to too much underground stuff to appreciate someone who sings so much and has such a monotone flow. And his subject matter isn't really impressive. It's this girl or that. But I still like him. He writes good hooks, and picked some nice beats on this album. Much less singing that So Far Gone. I liked Over and Forever. Don't make me look so bad.  sad

We need more Little Vic's, J. Cole's, Big K.R.I.T.'s, Blu's, Clipse's (signed to Roc Nation, dropping solo albums cheesy), etc.

I still lurr ya too. J. Cole sings too. I wuv him too. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHacpMNXq8

J. Cole- Show Me Something

Listen to this and you'll never want to listen to B.o.B again. grin
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
hax:

Yes, we should do that soon. tongue

More of effing than arguing about talentless hacks. hax doesn't like listening to hacks. tongue
Yea, we should wink
Funny 'cause hacks sounds like hax(whatever that means)  tongue

hax:

I hate on him a little, I don't HATE him. I see him as average. I listen to too much underground stuff to appreciate someone who sings so much and has such a monotone flow. And his subject matter isn't really impressive. It's this girl or that. But I still like him. He writes good hooks, and picked some nice beats on this album. Much less singing that So Far Gone. I liked Over and Forever. Don't make me look so bad.  sad
LOL, that's it? Find your love? Haven't listened to the new album but he's iight.
I like Forever too but who wouldn't? It had 3 other rappers on it, something Khaled does ALL the time  grin It's bound to be a hot track. But I liked Drake's verse too.
hax:

We need more Little Vic's, J. Cole's, Big K.R.I.T.'s, Blu's, Clipse's (signed to Roc Nation, dropping solo albums cheesy), etc.

I still lurr ya too. J. Cole sings too. I wuv him too. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHacpMNXq8

J. Cole- Show Me Something

Listen to this and you'll never want to listen to B.o.B again. grin
Dunno those people but yea, I love J. Cole too. You know I be listening to that good stuff lol. Haven't heard this one before though - It's nice.

And yea, he sang in "Lights Please" too, it's like my favorite from The Warm Up. I like the one on your signature too.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by shotster50(m): 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Chiogo
True about about J Cole,  Lights Please and In The Morning does it for me,

@ Hax ,  I get your point about B.O.B dropping sick verses,  you can't compare his verses to the T.I's or Nasir's of this world but nevertheless, dude still makes good music though.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 1:18am On Jun 12, 2010
chiogo:

Yea, we should wink
I initiate every time! tongue

Funny 'cause hacks sounds like hax(whatever that means)  tongue
hax = ojoro. i signed up after watching an episode of bleach. ichigo cheated and won the fight as usual, so i used the name hax. and it's nice and short. lol

LOL, that's it? Find your love? Haven't listened to the new album but he's iight.
I like Forever too but who wouldn't? It had 3 other rappers on it, something Khaled does ALL the time  grin It's bound to be a hot track. But I liked Drake's verse too.Dunno those people but yea, I love J. Cole too. You know I be listening to that good stuff lol. Haven't heard this one before though - It's nice.
Find your love? Didn't really like the beat. Surprising, since it was Kanye's, but it was aiight. Nohting special. Unlike Kanye's other beat, Show me a good time. Now that one was sick.

And yea, he sang in "Lights Please" too, it's like my favorite from The Warm Up. I like the one on your signature too.
Yup. Lights please is sick too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2udLKqJjDw

Just as sick. On a Kanye beat. VERY nice.

And yeah, Shotty, how do you use poor/average rap verses to make good hip-hop music?
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by shotster50(m): 1:27am On Jun 12, 2010
@ Hax Trust me you dont want to go there, At least he is not pretending to be what he is not, If that where the case what you you say for cats like Gucci Mane, Plies, etc??
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 1:30am On Jun 12, 2010
shotster50:

@ Hax Trust me you dont want to go there, At least he is not pretending to be what he is not, If that where the case what you you say for cats like Gucci Mane, Plies, etc??
You think Gucci and Plies make good hip hop music? lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by shotster50(m): 1:33am On Jun 12, 2010
I dont but that is what passes as mainstream hip hop music nowadays, My point is they are not better but some people apparently think otherwise,
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 1:45am On Jun 12, 2010
shotster50:

@ Chiogo
True about about J Cole,  Lights Please and In The Morning does it for me,
Yes, In The Morning is really tight too.
Have you listened to Dreams?

hax:

I initiate every time! tongue
And I always accept, don't I?  tongue

hax = ojoro. i signed up after watching an episode of bleach. ichigo cheated and won the fight as usual, so i used the name hax. and it's nice and short. lol
Huh? lol have no idea what that show is - bleach. But yea, it's nice and short.

Find your love? Didn't really like the beat. Surprising, since it was Kanye's, but it was aiight. Nohting special. Unlike Kanye's other beat, Show me a good time. Now that one was sick.
Yup. Lights please is sick too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2udLKqJjDw

Just as sick. On a Kanye beat. VERY nice.
I guess they chose the beat based on the setting the video was shot, being Jamaica and all. I kinda like it, just don't fully get the video. lol
That School Daze song is sick!!
*sigh* J. Cole  cheesy
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by shotster50(m): 1:54am On Jun 12, 2010
@ Chiogo, Dreams is fireee, Cant really wait for this guy's album,
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 6:04am On Jun 13, 2010
shotster50:

@ Chiogo, Dreams is fireee, Cant really wait for this guy's album,
That makes us two. cool
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 10:57pm On Jun 13, 2010
shotster50:

I dont but that is what passes as mainstream hip hop music nowadays, My point is they are not better but some people apparently think otherwise,
I know a few people who think Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive.
I quote Blu, 'opinions are assholes, They full of sh-it and everybody's got one'
And if you haven't heard of Blu, make sure you flush yourself down your loo.

chiogo:

Yes, In The Morning is really tight too.
Have you listened to Dreams?
The hook of 'In The Morning' got me laughing. lol
J. Cole is so sick. Damn. Listen to 'Rags To Riches' off The Come up. Every line on that mixtape is quotable. Every single one! Even more than The Warm Up.

And I always accept, don't I?  tongue
I know, but you making a move once would be nice.
Argh. Never mind. Just go and cook. I'm hungry.

Huh? lol have no idea what that show is - bleach.
shocked

But yea, it's nice and short.
The name i wanted to use had been taken. 'badman'. Saw him post recently sef. lol

I guess they chose the beat based on the setting the video was shot, being Jamaica and all. I kinda like it, just don't fully get the video. lol
Haven't even seen the video. I tend to ignore anything Young Money. lol
Haven't heard Bedrock completely. lol
I love 'Every Girl' though. lol

That School Daze song is sick!!
*sigh* J. Cole  cheesy
Yeah. Everything he touches is sick.

That lil nicca from the ville,
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2010
hax:

The hook of 'In The Morning' got me laughing. lol
J. Cole is so sick. Damn. Listen to 'Rags To Riches' off The Come up. Every line on that mixtape is quotable. Every single one! Even more than The Warm Up.
Ok, I'm about to listen to every song on both mixtapes. haha, full day's job. I freaking love him. *sigh*

hax:

I know, but you making a move once would be nice.
Argh. Never mind. Just go and cook. I'm hungry.
shocked
Umm, ok, didn't wanna go off-topic.  tongue
LOL I have a different kind of food for you. And gosh, are you chauvinistic! This is what I gotta deal with.  embarassed

hax:

shocked
Tehehe, what is it, a naija show?

The name i wanted to use had been taken. 'badman'. Saw him post recently sef. lol
LOOL. . . Badman, that's so not you. lmao  tongue

Haven't even seen the video. I tend to ignore anything Young Money. lol
Haven't heard Bedrock completely. lol
I love 'Every Girl' though. lol
lol you're horrible. Bedrock was ok. Each of them's flow was mediocre, didn't like Nicki then, like she sounded dumb as hell.

Yeah. Everything he touches is sick.

That lil nicca from the ville,
Mhmm, so cool he went to this college I was gonna go to. But nah, he graduated long time ago, wouldn't have met him.  embarassed
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2010
chiogo:

Ok, I'm about to listen to every song on both mixtapes. haha, full day's job. I freaking love him. *sigh*
Good for you. Peep Pac Div's 'Don't Mention It' mixtape too. Not super-lyrical, but it works. tongue

Umm, ok, didn't wanna go off-topic.  tongue
Hmph. Suit Yourself. Where's my food? tongue

LOL I have a different kind of food for you.
*mouth waters*

And gosh, are you chauvinistic! This is what I gotta deal with.  embarassed
And gosh, you don't think women belong only in the kitchen? Feminist!

Tehehe, what is it, a naija show?
Anime/Manga/whatever. I thought every Nigerian watched it. lol

LOOL. . . Badman, that's so not you. lmao  tongue
I've been bad. Spank me. wink

lol you're horrible. Bedrock was ok. Each of them's flow was mediocre, didn't like Nicki then, like she sounded dumb as hell.
Yeah, she does sound stupid at times. 'I look like yes, you look like no'. The verse on Up All Night was aight though.

Mhmm, so cool he went to this college I was gonna go to. But nah, he graduated long time ago, wouldn't have met him.  embarassed
Poor you. Groupie! tongue
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
hax:

Good for you. Peep Pac Div's 'Don't Mention It' mixtape too. Not super-lyrical, but it works. tongue
Umm, ok, you and all these weird people, I mean underground people. tongue

hax:

Hmph. Suit Yourself. Where's my food? tongue
Downstairs! Get it? Down - Stairs! haha, I'm trying some biggie thing, been stuck on that song. haha

hax:

And gosh, you don't think women belong only in the kitchen? Feminist!
I'm no feminist. . .even though I come off as one. lol I'm an individualist, if that's a word.
But I don't ONLY belong in any damn kitchen!

hax:

Anime/Manga/whatever. I thought every Nigerian watched it. lol
Umm, no. I watch Family Guy. . . .sometimes. lol

hax:

Poor you. Groupie! tongue
Jealousy!! grin
haha, I actually meant knowing him before he became "discovered". They get less interesting after that. I know a guy who wanna be in the industry too but he's still young like 18. When he makes it after college, I'll be like "Yeah, I knew him when he used to write songs and rap them to me on the phone". LOL
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
chiogo:

Umm, ok, you and all these weird people, I mean underground people. tongue
Don't mind me. I like listening to new stuff. Can't be listening to only Nas and Jay-Z naw. I need my underground rap. And it's nice to see them finally blow up a little. It's nice to see Jay-Z sign J. Cole after listening to The Come Up and wonder why he hadn't been signed long ago. It's nice to see Wale drop a decent debut after listening to Mixtape Abouut Nothing.
It's sad to see B.o.B drop pop. lol

And you can listen to the Pac Div youtube links i posted in the Recovery thread. If they don't convince you, we can rush you to the hospital to get you new ears. grin
I heard them for the first time last week. They're awesome!

Downstairs! Get it? Down - Stairs! haha, I'm trying some biggie thing, been stuck on that song. haha
lol

I'm no feminist. . .even though I come off as one. lol I'm an individualist, if that's a word.
But I don't ONLY belong in any damn kitchen!
Well, better get used to being a kitchenist. Go cook!

Umm, no. I watch Family Guy. . . .sometimes. lol
lol
I hardly watch anything. I'd rather listen to new stuff and browse. lol

Jealousy!! grin
haha, I actually meant knowing him before he became "discovered". They get less interesting after that. I know a guy who wanna be in the industry too but he's still young like 18. When he makes it after college, I'll be like "Yeah, I knew him when he used to write songs and rap them to me on the phone". LOL
lol
The earlier you hear of them, the better. lol
Was telling my peeps to get on J. Cole, but they like 'remove it, jor'. Till they heard him on BP3. I've gotten another one on Fashawn and Clipse. Slow but sure, I'll be able to convert them. And they'll stop listening to D'Banj and D'Prince. lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 12:09am On Jun 14, 2010
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by eldee(m): 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
I seriously don't see why I should be discussing Thank Me Later while the World Cup is going on, but still

hax:

Nothin On You is nice. Airplanes 1 and 2 are nice. Very nice. And 5th dimension. And Past My Shades. Sadly, the rest of the album is crap.

So five of the twelve songs on the album are in your own opinion 'very nice' . . . but the album is crap??
You're on green crack.

hax:

That did not make any sense at all, neither did it answer my question, but. . . okay, i guess.

It's simple, you made comments about TML about it was 'boring' days before you listened to it, I waited till I listened to the whole album, I can't remember the question, but that should answer it.

hax:

Heard of this kewl thingamajiggy called an iPod?

Stop being petty, TML wasn't even leaked when you said it was boring.

hax:

Maybe YOU should provide your own time thingy and prove me wrong? I'm not going to argue with you anymore since all you do is dodge my points.

Dodging your points?? I've said my part, B.O.B is great hiphop music . . . I don't need to pause and play to prove that, you're the one coming here to say it's not good hiphop music because there are no punchlines.
I've not got time for long baseless arguments man.

You don't think B.O.B makes good music, that would have shocked me if not for the fact that I once heard you come out to say Floetry's voice is good.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
eldee:

I seriously don't see why I should be discussing Thank Me Later while the World Cup is going on, but still
So you know it's a waste of time, right?
My predictions for the album were a little off target. Sue me.

So five of the twelve songs on the album are in your own opinion 'very nice' . . . but the album is crap??
You're on green crack.
You sold it to me, didn't you.

5 out of 12 is good? Especially when the other 7 tracks were very poor? And one of the 'nice' tracks had a catchy hook and ZERO lyrical content, and the other 'nice' track was saved only by a fxcking HOT verse from Lupe Fiasco? Get out.

It's simple, you made comments about TML about it was 'boring' days before you listened to it, I waited till I listened to the whole album, I can't remember the question, but that should answer it.
It was a prediction. And it does have its share of boring tracks. Like Find Your Love, Shut It Down, Fancy, Cece's interlude and Unforgettable, imo.

Stop being petty, TML wasn't even leaked when you said it was boring.
Exactly. So what's your point? I predicted. I say 'J. Cole's album will be sick'. I thought B.o.B's album would be sick after hearing Nothin On You and Airplanes. Guess I was wrong. Get over it. Unlike you, I can't see the future.

Dodging your points?? I've said my part, B.O.B is great hiphop music . . . I don't need to pause and play to prove that, you're the one coming here to say it's not good hiphop music because there are no punchlines.
Quote me. Where did I say so?
You obviously can't read.
If B.o.B is 'great hip-hop music', then what's Illmatic and Ready to Die? Or Slim Shady LP? lol
I also told Chiogo a while ago, is there a song where you can say 'damn that was a sick verse by B.o.B'? If there isn't, why is it a hip-hop album in the first place? Dre and Snoop and Mobb Deep got away with not being super-lyrical with superb production. B.o.B's production is. . . pop. Not good enough to carry a whole RAP album when the RAPPER can't RAP and the production doesn't knock. I can recommend some music to you if you want. You obviously don't listen to enough music if you think Bobby's adventures is good 'hip-hop'.

I've not got time for long baseless arguments man.
I wish you didn't. sad

You don't think B.O.B makes good music, that would have shocked me if not for the fact that I once heard you come out to say Floetry's voice is good.
*yawn* going off topic again. You don't have to reply. lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by eldee(m): 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2010
hax:

So you know it's a waste of time, right?
My predictions for the album were a little off target. Sue me.
You sold it to me, didn't you.

Oh . . . so you decided to quit the bullshitting??
Nice.

hax:

5 out of 12 is good? Especially when the other 7 tracks were very poor? And one of the 'nice' tracks had a catchy hook and ZERO lyrical content, and the other 'nice' track was saved only by a fxcking HOT verse from Lupe Fiasco? Get out.

Hehehe . . . yeah, five very nice songs and seven very crap songs, you make so much sense.

hax:

It was a prediction. And it does have its share of boring tracks. Like Find Your Love, Shut It Down, Fancy, Cece's interlude and Unforgettable, imo.
Exactly. So what's your point? I predicted. I say 'J. Cole's album will be sick'. I thought B.o.B's album would be sick after hearing Nothin On You and Airplanes. Guess I was wrong. Get over it.

That's why I made the statement . . .'forgive me for basing my opinions on facts/evidence' . . .
Now you get over it.

hax:

Quote me. Where did I say so?

You chat so much B.S, I was talking bout good hiphop music and you brought in sum Los dude and your supporting statement was 'sickest punchlines you ever heard' . . . I'll start to ignore half the things you say from now, these 'where did I say that' comments are just annoying.

hax:

If B.o.B is 'great hip-hop music', then what's Illmatic and Ready to Die? Or Slim Shady LP? lol

Legendary hiphop music with legendary rap/lyrical content.
When will you learn what's music and what's not??

hax:

I also told Chiogo a while ago, is there a song where you can say 'damn that was a sick verse by B.o.B'? If there isn't, why is it a hip-hop album in the first place? Dre and Snoop and Mobb Deep got away with not being super-lyrical with superb production. B.o.B's production is. . . pop. Not good enough to carry a whole RAP album when the RAPPER can't RAP and the production doesn't knock. I can recommend some music to you if you want. You obviously don't listen to enough music if you think Bobby's adventures is good 'hip-hop'.

Tell me one GMF album that you can point to a verse and say 'that was a sick verse'.
Now come out and say he wasn't good hiphop music.

hax:

I wish you didn't. sad
*yawn* going off topic again. You don't have to reply. lol

Off-topic . . . aren't we talking bout what's good music and what's not??

Not reply?? And let everyone read the B.S you're spewing?? I do this for you grin grin
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
eldee:

Oh . . . so you decided to quit the bullshitting??
Nice.
Pointless. What bullsh-itting? lol
You might think it's helping your argument, but it isn't.

Hehehe . . . yeah, five very nice songs and seven very crap songs, you make so much sense.
It might seem impossible, but he pulled it off. And your reading impediment would lead you to believe that i said Nothin on you was 'very nice'. lol
I've been bashing it for a while, you know. And I already told you Past My Shades was only saved by a hot Lupe verse.

That's why I made the statement . . .'forgive me for basing my opinions on facts/evidence' . . .
Now you get over it.
*yawn*
So we can't make predictions again?
I like trying my hand at them to see whether I'll be right. It's fun. Like this- 'eldee will reply this with another stupid and pointless post.' grin

You chat so much B.S, I was talking bout good hiphop music and you brought in sum Los dude and your supporting statement was 'sickest punchlines you ever heard' . . . I'll start to ignore half the things you say from now, these 'where did I say that' comments are just annoying.
Yup. Back to that reading impediment. If I told you all you needed to make good music was good punchlines, then this argument would work. But I posted a link to a punchline-heavy mixtape on ALL used beats. Would I base my argument on what good hip-hop music should be on a mixtape without original production? You think I'm as du-mb as you are? Production is a major part of hip-hop. Or we'd have alot more acapellas.

I only posted it so more people would listen to him. I like listening to good music and hearing what others have to say about it. I thought someone would listen to it and if s/he liked it, we'd talk about how awesome LoS is.

Legendary hiphop music with legendary rap/lyrical content.
When will you learn what's music and what's not??
How about Jay-Z's American Gangster?
And I'll ignore the 2nd line since it was irrelevant and just meant to be a little dig. lol

Tell me one GMF album that you can point to a verse and say 'that was a sick verse'.
Now come out and say he wasn't good hiphop music.
Don't know GMF.

Off-topic . . . aren't we talking bout what's good music and what's not??
Yup. Talking about Floetry's voices is helping our discussion about good 'hip-hop' music. grin

Not reply?? And let everyone read the B.S you're spewing?? I do this for you grin grin
good for you. like if I stop replying my posts will vanish. lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by eldee(m): 3:58am On Jun 17, 2010
hax:

Pointless. What bullsh-itting? lol
You might think it's helping your argument, but it isn't.

Erm . . . you were bullshitting, you got caught out, it's about telling the truth not bout any argument.

hax:

It might seem impossible, but he pulled it off. And your reading impediment would lead you to believe that i said Nothin on you was 'very nice'. lol
I've been bashing it for a while, you know. And I already told you Past My Shades was only saved by a hot Lupe verse.

Makes no sense at all.

hax:

*yawn*
So we can't make predictions again?
I like trying my hand at them to see whether I'll be right. It's fun. Like this- 'eldee will reply this with another silly and pointless post.' grin

It's funny how you find it hard to differentiate between predictions and pre-conceived opinions.

hax:

Yup. Back to that reading impediment. If I told you all you needed to make good music was good punchlines, then this argument would work. But I posted a link to a punchline-heavy mixtape on ALL used beats. Would I base my argument on what good hip-hop music should be on a mixtape without original production? You think I'm as du-mb as you are? Production is a major part of hip-hop. Or we'd have alot more acapellas.

I only posted it so more people would listen to him. I like listening to good music and hearing what others have to say about it. I thought someone would listen to it and if s/he liked it, we'd talk about how awesome LoS is.

Well . . . could you please reference links that are relevant to the debate next time??
I seriously don't see the need to discuss LoS' punchlines when you're replying a post about TML and B.O.B . . . I don't take you serious half the time, doing that just drags it.

hax:

How about Jay-Z's American Gangster?
And I'll ignore the 2nd line since it was irrelevant and just meant to be a little dig. lol

Dude . . .if you need sumone to start telling you what's good music and what's not, you shouldn't be on this thread.
This is getting way too boring man.

hax:

Don't know GMF.

Grandmaster Flash.

hax:

Yup. Talking about Floetry's voices is helping our discussion about good 'hip-hop' music. grin

Well . . . if you don't know what's good music in the first place, I won't expect you to know what good hiphop music is.

hax:

good for you. like if I stop replying my posts will vanish. lol

Erm . . . I dunno whatchu saying, but . . . whatever negro.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2010
eldee:

Erm . . . you were bullshitting, you got caught out, it's about telling the truth not bout any argument.
Yup. I said it was boring BEFORE it came out. Weren't you the one ho said something about 'not being fact if you haven't heard it'? I was telling the truth. I expected it to be boring, the same way  expect B.o.B's next album to be cr-ap. Why can't I have expectations and predictions anymore?

Makes no sense at all.
Instead of dodging a few points, why not do me a favour and dodge the whole post? lol

It's funny how you find it hard to differentiate between predictions and pre-conceived opinions.
Can you differentiate? Lemme try. If I say 'it should be awesome. can't wait', it's a prediction, but if i say 'it will be boring' it's a pre-conceived opinion, right?

Well . . . could you please reference links that are relevant to the debate next time??
I seriously don't see the need to discuss LoS' punchlines when you're replying a post about TML and B.O.B . . . I don't take you serious half the time, doing that just drags it.
So I can't post a link to tell people to listen to a sick rapper? gtfo
It's hardly a debate anymore. I'm not replying to any of your posts again.

Dude . . .if you need sumone to start telling you what's good music and what's not, you shouldn't be on this thread.
This is getting way too boring man.
I want to know what you call 'great music' if you call B.o.B great music. Don't bother though. That's bad enough on its own.

Well . . . if you don't know what's good music in the first place, I won't expect you to know what good hiphop music is.
Idi-ot. I'm sure Mozart would know alot about good hip-hop music.

Erm . . . I dunno whatchu saying, but . . . whatever negro.
Byeee. Have a nice life. Not replying you anymore. I don't think B.o.B or Drake is worth it anyways.

'Diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it' lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by eldee(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2010
hax:

Yup. I said it was boring BEFORE it came out. Weren't you the one ho said something about 'not being fact if you haven't heard it'? I was telling the truth. I expected it to be boring, the same way  expect B.o.B's next album to be cr-ap. Why can't I have expectations and predictions anymore?

You can have expectations . . . but it's bullshitting when you come here to say you made the statement after listening to it on your 'thingamajiggy'.
And when you try to use the fact that I waited to listen to the album against me, it makes you look more stupid.

hax:

Instead of dodging a few points, why not do me a favour and dodge the whole post? lol

I'm allergic to B.S, if you're going to come here one minute and say sumn and go back next minute . . . I can't be faulted for refusing to take you serious.

hax:

Can you differentiate? Lemme try. If I say 'it should be awesome. can't wait', it's a prediction, but if i say 'it will be boring' it's a pre-conceived opinion, right?

Oh . . . so the fact that you said 'will' makes it less of a pre-conceived view??
Here I was thinking English was your first language.

hax:

So I can't post a link to tell people to listen to a sick rapper? gtfo

Stop being a numbskull . . . if you quote someone in a debate, it is only reasonable that what you type underneath should be a reply to that quote.
You saying sumn and then going 'oh don't take that serious' is typical of any debate with you, a waste of time.

hax:

It's hardly a debate anymore. I'm not replying to any of your posts again.

Good riddance.

hax:

I want to know what you call 'great music' if you call B.o.B great music. Don't bother though. That's bad enough on its own.

You're such a retard, I don't expect you to know that there's more than one way to make good music.

hax:

Idi-ot. I'm sure Mozart would know alot about good hip-hop music.

Mozart was good at what he claimed to know, you're just tone-deaf . . . there's a difference.

hax:

Byeee. Have a nice life. Not replying you anymore. I don't think B.o.B or Drake is worth it anyways.

'Diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it' lol

Whatever homie.
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
light up by drake featuring jay-z is a good song. grin
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2010
LOOOL I was about to say. . .you're not keeping to your word. I guess the "My word is Bond" line is legit cool
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
chiogo:

LOOOL I was about to say. . .you're not keeping to your word. I guess the "My word is Bond" line is legit cool
I keep my word, b. nothing left to say. lmao
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2010
hax:

I keep my word, b. nothing left to say. lmao
I was enjoying the back and forth. embarassed
So, is you tricking or what? (Nicki Minaj's voice) tongue
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by hax: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
chiogo:

I was enjoying the back and forth. embarassed
So, is you tricking or what? (Nicki Minaj's voice) tongue
I stopped enjoying it after a while. lol
Tricking?
'I look like yes, you look like no'. Nicki is so wack. lol
Am I the only one who can't wait for her solo album? lol
Re: Light Up - Drake Ft Jay-z by chiogo(f): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
hax:

I stopped enjoying it after a while. lol
Tricking?
'I look like yes, you look like no'. Nicki is so wack. lol
Am I the only one who can't wait for her solo album? lol
She's wack but you can't wait for her album? I like her a lil' - she's crazy. Kinda cool.  grin

And you didn't get that "tricking" line. So, when am I going to see what my 6'2 beau looks like?  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mp3 : Zlatan Ibile - Lagos Anthem / Rihanna's New Single "Diamond" / DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC>> Erigga – Cartoon (prod By Yung Zagga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.