Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (81939 Views)

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani / Asari Dokubo Steps Out With Armed Men (Photos) / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2018
Old tactics used by PMB, this people should let us enjoy our democracy, they should all fight themselves without doing things that will affect the good people of Nigeria
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Lomprico2: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2018
sarrki:
I see Chief wailer in person of fire fire about to spew normal the....sh

Dem don renew ur BMC contract abi? cheesy
Welcome back. grin
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Jaykolo10(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2018
That's what they do...blame people for their failures, when anybody sees to oppose them the frame them up prison them and kill them...this as been on for yester years and still will vote them into power... well there's a second chance to atone all this...come 2019 let's gather hands together and drive them out of office....

cry

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by dealslip(f): 8:13am On Jun 04, 2018
saaron:
A vindictive govt like buhari always end badly. This govt will destroy itself by itself.
It is already doing a good job of destroying itself without assistance.

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Benekruku(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2018
Jaykolo10:
That's what they do...blame people for their failures, when anybody sees to oppose them the frame them up prison them and kill them...this as been on for yester years and still will vote them into power... well there's a second chance to atone all this...come 2019 let's gather hands together and drive them out of office ....
cry

5%!

Who is gathering hands with you?

Better realize you are alone

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 04, 2018
DaBullIT:
According to the writeup , Fela was guilty of the offence , You all think Buhari should have looked the other way , But in reality it was court that sentenced him , so what's wrong with people ?

All this pea brained eidiats mentioning me up and down, did Fela have to keep all the monies on him ? a law is a law if he had given each one of them their 50 each , he wouldn't have been arrested

Did Buhari put the monies in his pocket ? why is everyone saying Buhari arrested him for being a critic , Shey Buhari used JUJU to keep all the money in Fela's hands ? bunch of nincoompoops

HiddenShadow

three
Don't mind them
As much as dislike Buhari now, I can't stand in the face of a lie. Making it seem like both saraki and Fela didn't have a case and they were just arrested for nothing
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Deja vu.......repeatee

Ooooooh not again ...

God have mercy on this Nigeria and Nigerians.

Why should God have mercy on Nigerians who have no pity for themselves
Ayam not understanding!
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2018
Metuh:
Buhari is so dull

Buhari is not dull.
He is a bloody rogue and hypocritical thief.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by MykellOni(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2018
My broda, money is money. Where did u ever see/hear d word monies? I think I need to go back to school and ask my singular and plural teacher...
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Jaykolo10(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2018
Benekruku:

5%!

Who is gathering hands with you?

Better realize you are alone
The useful and sensible people and also people with hearts will understand what I'm saying and will gather together to drive this man and his followers out of office come 2019 by getting their PVC.. so you bro stfu and keep asslicking that killer....

cry

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by pannyman(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2018
I still remember clearly the day he was arrested at the airport with the excess foreign cash on him. The news was carried on the 9pm NTA network news. The cameras were on him and he looked obviously downcast because he knew he had broken the law.

When Babangida came to power and released him it was purely a populist move for which Fela did not show any gratitude, and instead released a song in which he sang "animal wan dash me human rights".

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:23am On Jun 04, 2018
three:
For your benefit....

"An accusation that Fela’s defense did not deny but explained by pointing to the 45 people in the retinue of the musician. And 1600 divided by 45 is nowhere near 50. This did not impress the judges who sentenced Fela to five years imprisonment."

He was travelling with a retinue of 45 people, each entitled to 50 pounds

45 x 50 = 2,250

he had 1,600 pounds on him

Next...

See as you do mathematics for the olodos following their illiterate leader who ran from school to join the army and has been a government pikin since then chopping free food that others worked for.
Such a terrible misfit, that is Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2018
pannyman:
I still remember clearly the day he was arrested at the airport with the excess foreign cash on him. The news was carried on the 9pm NTA network news. The cameras were on him and he looked obviously downcast because he knew he had broken the law.

When Babangida came to power and released him it was purely a populist move for which Fela did not show any gratitude, and instead released a song in which he sang "animal wan dash me human rights".

Stop spreading lies.
The song was against Buhari, the animal in human skin.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Benekruku(m): 8:25am On Jun 04, 2018
Jaykolo10:

The useful and sensible people and also people with hearts will understand what I'm saying and will gather together to drive this man and his followers out of office come 2019 by getting their PVC.. so you bro stfu and keep asslicking that killer....
cry

If you like, cry till 2019. Just be aware that where majority are determinants, minorities dont count.

We talking about allied majorities here and you trying to be one when its glaring you a minority whose lots are not politically affiliated or regarded.

To lose an election in Nigeria today, the support of your lots is only whats required.

Like you not yet aware of the political terrain we moving into now. Anything 5% supports, goes down
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by hush15: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2018
FreddyKruger:
So the ancestor is replaying a part of his ancient tricks again. Dejavu and his zombies are all hyperventilating, like we don't know these happenings were commissioned by their "ancient of days" and transmissioned to the semi-illiterate IGP. I just hope zombies are saving their stipends should incase their dull one miscalculates and things start going downhill for him. Atleast niger republic residency for zombies shouldn't be hard to afford.

You know, when they say posterity will judge, I keep wondering what that statement means!

now I understand because the present is not too kind with Buhari's past. The worst part is he keeps making the same mistake out of stubbornness and from the way I see it, I am not sure the future will be kind to his present either.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by jrusky(m): 8:26am On Jun 04, 2018
And who was the president then? And who is the president now? And whose government now said all his opposers are armed robber, kidnappers and higher killer

School of thought................

Answer the question yourself pls.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by buhariguy(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2018
chriskosherbal:
Deja vu.......repeatee

Ooooooh not again ...

God have mercy on this Nigeria and Nigerians.
and this same buhari is still alive he don't want to die till he finish the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by three: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2018
jrusky:
And who was the president then? And who is the president now? And whose government now said all his opposers are armed robber, kidnappers and higher killer

School of thought................

Answer the question yourself pls.

Opposition = looters [Buhari Dictionary]

http://www.nan.ng/news/looted-funds-enable-opposition-with-mischief-power/
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by lordkay10(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2018
DaBullIT:
What is wrong is that the Law then stated one person should not hold more than 50 are you dumb ? A law is a law
Leave him to his folly, once a man is blinded by hate, he sees white and calls it black
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by zomoears(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2018
DaBullIT:
According to the writeup , Fela was guilty of the offence , You all think Buhari should have looked the other way , But in reality it was court that sentenced him , so what's wrong with people ?

All this pea brained eidiats mentioning me up and down, did Fela have to keep all the monies on him ? a law is a law if he had given each one of them their 50 each , he wouldn't have been arrested

Did Buhari put the monies in his pocket ? why is everyone saying Buhari arrested him for being a critic , Shey Buhari used JUJU to keep all the money in Fela's hands ? bunch of nincoompoops

HiddenShadow

three

But am sure you read the part where they mentioned that he had a large entourage and the funds were for the entourage. Once you are brought before a kangaroo court, you are guilty as charged.

But then, selective understanding the worry some people...

2 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Jaykolo10(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2018
Benekruku:

If you like, cry till 2019. Just be aware that where majority are determinants, minorities dont count.

We talking about allied majorities here and you trying to be one when its glaring you a minority whose lots are not politically affiliated or regarded.

To lose an election in Nigeria today, the support of your lots is only whats required.

Like you not yet aware of the political terrain we moving into now. Anything 5% supports, goes down

You think it's everyone that's collecting that bloody stipends...you think it's everyone that like the way things are going....the majority are suffering and they are ready to break free from this shackles of death your dullard tribalistic govt put us in.... 2019 he's leaving and leaving for good.....when he does you guys can start a war we're ready..because that what's you guys are known for... bloodshed... and those bloods will cry soonest..... Dullard Buhari to daura in 2019.

cry
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by buhariguy(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2018
Jaykolo10:
That's what they do...blame people for their failures, when anybody sees to oppose them the frame them up prison them and kill them...this as been on for yester years and still will vote them into power... well there's a second chance to atone all this...come 2019 let's gather hands together and drive them out of office....

cry
idiotic pigs of Biafra will never disappoint,
They can even support afonja fela, that is their enemy.
That means the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra love corruption.
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by stagger: 8:33am On Jun 04, 2018
Thank God I was very much alive and kicking in 1984. Fela was jailed for currency trafficking and economic sabotage. FX controls were instituted by the Buhari/Idiagbon military junta to prevent the politicians of the 2nd republic from siphoning their ill-gotten funds abroad.

The intentions of that law were good, but as always happens with human nature, the interpretation of the law and the application became objects of abuse. The law was used in hounding political opponents such as Fela who was travelling for a music concert, and he was arrested and given a 5-year jail sentence. He was released in 1986 after Babangida had assumed office. To IBB's credit, many of the political prisoners of the Buhari era such as Tunde Thompson, Nduka Irabor and several ex-governors who were locked up without trial were set free.

Fela was not jailed for armed robbery. I do not know who is spinning this falsehood!
Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Kundagarten:

You're quoting urban legend. For me to know who Buhari is, I only have to see the likes of Babachir, Amaechi, Burutai and other accused people Buhari have refused to prosecute.
Bros stop telling fairy tales.

You dey mind dem?

Selectively fighting corruption.

The man no get integrity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by Jaykolo10(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2018
buhariguy:
idiotic pigs of Biafra will never disappoint,
They can even support afonja fela,
everyone knows you here say you be the head of foolish zombies....fyi I nor be Ibo and I nor be Yoruba confirm Edo boy naim dey yarn with you so... and for we Edo people we hate injustice and bloodshed.....

cry

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by plaetton: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2018
DaBullIT:

HiddenShadow

three
Sharrap Dia.
Fela was obviously targeted because of his bold criticism of the government.

In the same Buhari administration, 52 suitcases belonging to an Emir, alleged to have been full of foreign currencies, went right through the same security agencies at the same airport without as much as a question.
Buhari has never been a man of any iota of integrity, and will never be.

6 Likes

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2018
Kundagarten:
What you quoted was what sold Buhari to a lot of people. People actually thought the man was credible.

If you were around during Buhari's first stint, you'd have been aware of his unfairness of the past. The youths brought Buhari to power. Most Yorubas in their 50s knew how high handed Buhari is.

Why do you think Buhari didn't garner up to 10% of votes in the SW, SE or SS prior to 2015? Buhari was refined by Tinubu and painted by Akande and then sold as a saint.

Buhari is/was not high handed.
Buhari is a fraudulent hypocrite who said that Abacha did not steal our money despite several billions recovered as loot from him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by seguno2: 8:48am On Jun 04, 2018
stagger:
Thank God I was very much alive and kicking in 1984. Fela was jailed for currency trafficking and economic sabotage. FX controls were instituted by the Buhari/Idiagbon military junta to prevent the politicians of the 2nd republic from siphoning their ill-gotten funds abroad.

The intentions of that law were good, but as always happens with human nature, the interpretation of the law and the application became objects of abuse. The law was used in hounding political opponents such as Fela who was travelling for a music concert, and he was arrested and given a 5-year jail sentence. He was released in 1986 after Babangida had assumed office. To IBB's credit, many of the political prisoners of the Buhari era such as Tunde Thompson, Nduka Irabor and several ex-governors who were locked up without trial were set free.

Fela was not jailed for armed robbery. I do not know who is spinning this falsehood!

Buhari only seeks power for the purpose of dealing with his imaginary enemies. He has nothing for the people.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

1 Like

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by sinola(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2018
three:

Even Oyinbo Newspaper remember Buhari, na Naija peepo no dey remember history,

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/01/nigerias-new-president-muhammadu-buhari-is-the-man-who-put-fela-kuti-in-jail

Plus this Nairaland thread that rehashed the issue...

https://www.nairaland.com/2116222/fela-kuti-charged-armed-robbery

Abami eda liveth!

Re: Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 by diltstwoods(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2018
Everyone has forgotten that Obasanjo killed Fela’s mom , Yar’adua dealt with Fela and lots like that happened to other prominents persons under different military regimes and suddenly Buhari is the devil because the court jailed Fela for flouting the law.
Obasanjo that killed a whole Odi community in Bayelsa and destroyed everything there is still a saint.
Bunch of jokers . Yes we all love Fela for his good music and outspokenness but he really did not care much about the law. Maybe he would have lived longer if he did. I love Fela and he will always be a legend but he flouted too many laws and never cared what would come out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.