Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" (30744 Views)

How A Pastor’s Daughter Who Went For Night Runs Found Herself In Police Station / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ogorwyne(f): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Arabic is widely spoken. It can come in handy in dealing with extremism.

French isn't part of us but it is becoming rather popular.

Our indigenous languages are also being promoted. I thought I read news on FP about the three largest indigenous languages (Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani) being mandated as requisite qualifications for admittance in military institutions.
French is taught in our schools (primary, secondary and some peeps go ahead to study it in the university). We are not new to French, but has it ever been used as a means of recruitment for the general public? I would love to see proof if you have any.

Arabic on the other hand is alien to a lot of us. I have no knowledge of it. Some people are at an advantage here.
This is not an Arabic nation.

The languages you mentioned up there are our indigenous languages, they shouldn't even be used in this argument. They are ours so it is understandable to an extent. You don't seem to get me sha.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Adeboye is a crook, he should shut the fuvk up! After he help buhari get into power now he is gibbering.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by ruffDiamond: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
I'm sure you are not a Muslim because you really talked like a Human
lol of course i'm but like i said im smileyliberal.. thanks to education..i practice Sufism,just like late legend muhammef Ali and Marlcom X.we were all Christian once smiley besides, my Dad was a chtistian(late)so i just talk wetin dey my mind i no care who e vex..those ignorant folks are the one giving us bad name sha

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Organs(m): 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
gimakon:

Ode!
Go and read about the recent massive exodus of islam in Kazakhstan, or in Russia where Mosques are now Museums! We are waiting for Queen of England to die so that Britain would come back to their Senses.

Spain has 98% Christians today! Massive exodus from Islam! or is it Turkey? Read few lines here

https://www.comshalom.org/en/muslim-preacher-converts-christianity-questions-islams-growth-western-countries/

You waste time! Go youtube type fastest Dying religion , Then shut up from there..

My brother, i start with a quote from the quran: "They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it". Bros, weather you accept it or not dislike it or not, its not worth fighting or quarrelling over, God almighty is incharge of it all. See here bros, lets separate truth from lies, Now, the truth of the matter is "did this actually happen? How, when, will anyone request for a police exam to be written in arabic Who has seen or attest to it? No one, and look at all the noise on social media. How can anyone force anyone to become muslim? Even boko haram allegedly doing it, how can you consider those ones muslims? Go again and read the quran and tell me how they are muslims. Can i now say all the Nigerian pastors raping church members, stealing their congregation blind are christ-like? This did not happen, no one will compel anyone to practice islam. Practice your own and lets practice our own, lets live in peace, when we die finish, God will judge us all, so, no worries my broda, live and lest live.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
ogorwyne:

French is taught in our schools (primary, secondary and some peeps go ahead to study it in the university). We are not new to French, but has it ever been used as a means of recruitment for the general public? I would love to see proof if you have any.

Arabic on the other hand is alien to a lot of us. I have no knowledge of it. Some people are at an advantage here.
This is not an Arabic nation.

The languages you mentioned up there are our indigenous languages, they shouldn't even be used in this argument. They are ours so it is understandable to an extent. You don't seem to get me sha.

I get you.

But I do believe there must be a reason. Or perhaps, this is not the full story concerning the issue. Perhaps, French was also mentioned. We all know how these Christian leaders can be selective.

It is like when the Arabic language first became an issue. The idea happened under GEJ but because it blew under Buhari, it was viewed as Islamization.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Empiree: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by donfash(m): 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
the Nigerian Police and Jamb as reacted to this Arabic issue, they said candidates were tested only on English language. It was the arrangement of subjects alphabetically that while Arabic was on the page.. I believe we need to ask the constables who wrote the exam for facts and details so we won't make inflammatory statement.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
Edu3Again:
Small by small Buhari and co are working to Islamtize Nigeria

CIRCULATE THIS MESSAGE UNTIL IT REACHES ALL NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS

President Buhari has submitted an executive bill to the National Assembly for the Federal Government to take control of all waterways and their banks in Nigeria. Of curious attention is the annexing of thousands of lands adjoining the river banks. These are ancestral lands belonging to poor farmers.

Without any doubt, President Buhari will, as soon as the bill is passed, hand over permanent grazing rights to his kinsmen, the Fulanis, who will come with their destructive weapons and commence expansion into/conquest of the hinterland!

Also, the bill is intended to abrogate the Land Use Act, which has vested all lands in State Governors. This amounts to bringing grazing colonies through the backdoor.
All Nigerians must rise up to resist this obnoxious bill aimed at enthroning and legalising anarchy.
PLEASE AND PLEASE, circulate this fast and wide!

From a concerned Nigerian

[/b]
[/color]

That Bill is dead on arrival!
A Bill that seeks to contradict the Constitution is only fit for the dustbin. The Constitution is very clear on this.

The same way Buhari used the Constitution in rejecting Senate's reordering of elections is the same way the Senate should use the Constitution in throwing out that evil Bill from Buhari.

It is most irresponsible that Buhari does not deem it fit to enact a Bill that will stop Herdsmen killings across the country, but has rather proposed a Bill that will help him to 'legally' set up settlements for his kinsmen all over the country. This is a very wicked Bill!

Instead of seeking to use the back door approach to create illegal settlements for Fulani herdsmen across Nigeria, Buhari should support all Legislations aimed at stopping open grazing.

He should advise his kinsmen to embrace ranching which is global best practice of rearing livestock in the 21st Century.

Buhari should preach Ranching rather than advocating for programs like Cattle Colony, Grazing Reserves, Grazing Routes and Cluster Settlements. These programs look more like desperate attempts to actualize some hidden agenda.

Buhari should advise Fulani Herdsmen to shun open grazing. This system of rearing livestock is ancient, outdated, archaic, and environmentally devastating!!!

Open grazing is solely responsible for the desert encroachment in the North of Nigeria.

The herdsmen are now moving Southward to cause the same environmental damage through open grazing.

They also want to use cattle as a secret cover to 'colonize' indigenous tribes and take over their ancestral lands. This is totally unacceptable!!!

All States in the South of Nigeria should wake up and immediately enact Legislations banning Open Grazing, while encouraging Ranching as the only acceptable method of rearing livestock.

This is not the time for Southern Governors to be playing political correctness seeking to please the Caliphate!

Time is running out!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
Nova15:

So why was French and the other languages not listed in the exams? Why just Arabic?
As I have stated earlier, Arabic has been used as mode of communication before Nigeria dreamt of amalgamation/independence. The northern muslims adopted it as their own language just like the way you southerners adopted English as your second language. Arabic speakers are even more than french speakers in Nigeria. If you want to challenge the government, take them to court.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
ogorwyne:

The reason those two institutions you mentioned conduct exams in the language is for some people to at least have a pass na. We know how they perform in general exams.

My fellow Christians in Europe and America are learning Arabic by choice. They can stop learning whenever they want to and nobody will force them not to. Their countries wouldn't be so foolish to have a general exam in Arabic. Even if something like that would ever happen (I doubt), I'm sure the citizens would be aware so they can be prepared and there would be a really good reason for that.
Be sincere with yourself. After English language, which foreign language has more speaker than English language in Nigeria? It is Arabic. It is just like America where, Spanish is there second official language.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Chukapage(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
fiizznation:
People like you have been saying this for the past 14000+ years that Islam will die, but reverse has always being the case. Today in Europe, Islam is the fastest growing religion there.

Well most of you ignorant folks don't travel, you live all you sorry ass lives in Nigeria. Go to Germany, Russia and see how Islam is being propagated everyday. You'd be surprised to even see some people practising Islam in some of these European nations.
who is this fool?? nigga shut the Bleep up!! Islam growing where Europe?? Guy I have to Germany countless times I am schooling there cologne to be precise ..so shut the Bleep up "Islam" is the only religion in Europe and America that suffer religious attacks from even a theists... once you wear hijab or dress like a bomber people discriminate you massively cos here in Cologne they all suspects forget what that governments try to play down the extent of religious attacks on Muslims ..Asia is the WORST !! you folks are seen as terrorists and suicide bombers..here people can't stay near a person who wears hijab or any Islamic clothes especially when they carrying bags!! you Islamic folks are either terrorists or potential terrorist all you need is small brain washing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yes they should learn it. The Egypt Coptic Christians are the most populous christian in the middle east (about 9 million) , Lebanon has 50% Muslim/50% christian population. Iraq, Syria, Jordan and many more they all have Christians. The population of Christians in the middle east is about 16 million. So, what language do you think they used as a mode of worship? It is Arabic only the Christians of Iran use Persian language.
Internet is there for you do your research.

We haven't learnt Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw and the rest finish, na one foreign language we should learn..keep deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

As I have stated earlier, Arabic has been used as mode of communication before Nigeria dreamt of amalgamation/independence. The northern muslims adopted it as their own language just like the way you southerners adopted English as your second language. Arabic speakers are even more than french speakers in Nigeria. If you want to challenge the government, take them to court.

So Northerners have Arabic as their official language while Southerners adopted English as their official language? Are you sure you are a Nigerian?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Carlmax(m): 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:

Reason why I have objected to the unilateral secession of any southern state. Our almost equal population is our saving grace in Nigeria. If by chance the east or south south leaves Nigeria. That shake in population balance would spell doom for whatever non Muslims are left in the nation.

Unfortunately most Christians are so called progressives and it would be too late to even push back the Islamic agenda when they eventually wake up... Islam has no other pathway to proliferation except it cojoins herself with politics/governance. Which means govt got to build the mosques, fund the hajj, create shariah law, create Islamic police etc.

Then the south-west should join in seceding as well, you don't expect the rest of the south to continue in this failed project because you want a balanced population.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Kingspin(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
princfred:
They are trying to ensure only or mainly muslims are in the forces so as to execute the islamization process. They have already killed off and drastically reduced people of other tribes/religion in the army using fake Bokoharam now its police to be cleansed next.

Even in this thread, you will see the so called "learned, nice muslim" supporting or downplaying the heinous agenda of their core one.
The only reason they want Buhari to continue.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Castanea:

So Northerners have Arabic as their official language while Southerners adopted English as their official language? Are you sure you are a Nigerian?
Ask most northern muslims and go read your history. They were the first literate in Nigeria, because they could read and write in Arabic. Is just like saying since USA was colonised by British, they shouldn't have adopted Spanish as their second language. After English, Arabic as more speakers than any other non-0indigenous language in Nigeria. It is a fact.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ask most northern muslims and go read your history. They were the first literate in Nigeria, because they could read and write in Arabic. Is just like saying since USA was colonised by British, they shouldn't have adopted Spanish as their second language. After English, Arabic as more speakers than any other non-0indigenous language in Nigeria. It is a fact.

First of all, Northern Muslims were NOT the first literates in Nigeria! I reject this point.

Which year did Arab scholars arrive Northern Nigeria?

And please, English is the Official Language in Nigeria. This means it is the common denominator in all Official matters. Arabic should have no place in Federal Recruitment examinations.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Kingspin(m): 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is only area you found Buhari performing. Religious shiiiitttt!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by yazach: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:
"The inclusion of Arabic Studies in the recent Nigeria Police Force NPF recruitment Test is highly unacceptable. Some forces just want to score political marks by trying to impress the president and divide us as a people. This administration and all agents that want to divide us should be seriously warned as it is too late to turn Nigeria into an Islamic State. We therefore reject the NPF recruitment Test and ask for it to be re-written without the inclusion of Arabic Studies in it."----------Bishop David Oyedepo, President of Living Faith Church Worldwide

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=232545984179185&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala codetemplar

Idiot always spewing trash

I have not heard him calling Christian meeting on how to assist government in tackling insecurity, especially how Lea sharibu will be freed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by CodeTemplar: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
yazach:

I have not heard him calling Christian meeting on how to assist government in tackling insecurity, especially how Lea sharibu will be freed
Is he the only pastor?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

We haven't learnt Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw and the rest finish, na one foreign language we should learn..keep deceiving yourself.
It is your choice not to learn it, presently now in Nigeria, Arabic comes second after English language thanks to the muslim population.
The problem of most you Nigerian Christians is many of you think backward. Morocco a muslim country adopted 3 European languages from the christian countries. An average Moroccan understands at least 3 languages: Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Berber that is the language most of them use in communicating. But here in my country everything is termed into religion/ethnic issue. The world is moving fast we shouldn't be backward.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Empiree: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
gimakon:

Ode!
Go and read about the recent massive exodus of islam in Kazakhstan, or in Russia where Mosques are now Museums! We are waiting for Queen of England to die so that Britain would come back to their Senses.

Spain has 98% Christians today! Massive exodus from Islam! or is it Turkey? Read few lines here

https://www.comshalom.org/en/muslim-preacher-converts-christianity-questions-islams-growth-western-countries/

You waste time! Go youtube type fastest Dying religion , Then shut up from there..
You will wait till eternal. Besides, you are christian but wish someone dead shocked In another second you will start preaching how Jesus preached love. Not only love but loving your enemies too grin

With or without Queen, Islam will eventually take over UK. It is inevitable, buddy cheesy

Once Britain is taken over by Muslims, entire EU become stooge to islam grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
yazach:

Try to be civil like Gaddafithe2nd. He has posting his comments with lots of maturity. This is highly needed in intellectual discussion.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Castanea:

First of all, Northern Muslims were NOT the first literates in Nigeria! I reject this point.

Which year did Arab scholars arrive Northern Nigeria?
Islam entered Northern Nigeria in 9th century, it entered Yorubaland in 14th century; Oyo, Iwo, Lagos, Iseyin, Saki and Osogbo were the first set of cities/towns to accept Islam in yorubaland. Most Historians in Nigeria can never denied the fact I stated. We should blame the useless people that removed history from our curriculum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by mfm04622: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:
"The inclusion of Arabic Studies in the recent Nigeria Police Force NPF recruitment Test is highly unacceptable. Some forces just want to score political marks by trying to impress the president and divide us as a people. This administration and all agents that want to divide us should be seriously warned as it is too late to turn Nigeria into an Islamic State. We therefore reject the NPF recruitment Test and ask for it to be re-written without the inclusion of Arabic Studies in it."----------Bishop David Oyedepo, President of Living Faith Church Worldwide

Lalasticlala codetemplar

If truly the Bishop said this or allowed somebody to say this on his behalf, am sorry the Bishop is stupid!

Did the Bishop confirm this before raising this false alarm? Was there any instructions for candidate to attempt any other exam apart from English? Any evidence of this? Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by yazach: 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Is he the only pastor?

Just compare Adeboye's maturity with his
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by yazach: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Castanea:

Try to be civil like Gaddafithe2nd. He has posting his comments with lots of maturity. This is highly needed in intellectual discussion.

Maturity you speak If you called this maturity then am sorry for this country
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by adabsmith(m): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
HigherEd:

Lalasticlala codetemplar
He should shut up... Arabic is a language and not a religion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Castanea(m): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
yazach:

Maturity you speak If you called this maturity then am sorry for this country

Did I insult anybody here?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

It is your choice not to learn it, presently now in Nigeria, Arabic comes second after English language thanks to the muslim population.
The problem of most you Nigerian Christians is many of you think backward. Morocco a muslim country adopted 3 European languages from the christian countries. An average Moroccan understands at least 3 languages: Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Berber that is the language most of them use in communicating. But here in my country everything is termed into religion/ethnic issue. The world is moving fast we shouldn't be backward.

We should learn our languages first before Arabic. Cantonese is the largest growing language and we ain't even learning it and you are talking shit about Arabic. Go and learn Arabic bye!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by yazach: 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
Castanea:

Did I insult anybody here?

And to be honest with you, I haven't insult you either

Get my point clear from this simple analysis

British entered Nigeria and gave us English and Christianity

Arab entered Nigeria and gave us Arabic and Islam

We have English and Arabic inscription on eg:

Money, police and so on

A pastor now says we should remove Arabic inscription and you called his argument maturity how
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" by brodalokie: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Arabic isn't our lingua franca.

Yes! You're correct. It is not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / Esther Ajayi Hosts Sanwo-Olu Ahead Of Dedication Of Lagos Cathedral (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.